Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if some dodgy muppet came round to me pokecenter with a magikarp what did sod all i’d tell him to jog off

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G50ZDsxh0jE

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

If it's a problem with resources the games should have incremental amounts of Pokemon so long as they're on the switch, right? Like once a model is made and done is there really a reason to omit it from the next game? In theory they really should have all classic 151 Pokemon plus Meltan and Melmetal in this game...but they .won't

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
all the other Pokémon will be coming in waves of DLC packs, SSBU style

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

All the Pokemon are going to be in, but you have to chose one to sacrifice so Masuda isn't a liar.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

The Golden Gael posted:

In theory they really should have all classic 151 Pokemon plus Meltan and Melmetal in this game...but they .won't

What makes you say that?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Licarn posted:

What makes you say that?

Because they were all in the first mainline game on Switch already

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I'd be very surprised if any of the original 151 are missing, we'll be stuck with those forever

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Goldeen made it - we do say every pokemon is someone’s favorite but surely not that one, right?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Avalerion posted:

Goldeen made it - we do say every pokemon is someone’s favorite but surely not that one, right?

He was a star on the anime for years and has starred in every SSB game to date, a feat only shared by Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mew and Snorlax. It's safe to say he's a series icon.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Electric Phantasm posted:

All the Pokemon are going to be in, but you have to chose one to sacrifice so Masuda isn't a liar.

Before you are given a starter, Treadstone makes you execute a pokemon under a sheet you don't know the identity of and you don't know what they did or even if they did anything

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think we won't see all the original 151. So far, things have been pleasantly balanced in terms of roster (though I do expect Gen 1 to get the most). Plus, they still got the camping thing with animations that were not in LGPE, and that's probably where they'll point the most fingers at in terms of Can't.

I do wonder where things will land on the models, tho. Obviously, LGPE did reuse the 3DS models. It's entirely likely that Masuda was using a corporate speak when explaining needing to "redo" the models and, idk, he thought new textures was pretty much the same or whatever. Or maybe they are new for Sword and Shield and hackers will find day 1 that the models are 98% similar, but in doing them again Eevee got two more polygons in its butt that nobody can see.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spoilers: the models with 100% be the 3DS with prettier textures and that’s it.

Super spoilers: the animations will mostly be exactly the same ones from the 3DS.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think we won't see all the original 151. So far, things have been pleasantly balanced in terms of roster (though I do expect Gen 1 to get the most). Plus, they still got the camping thing with animations that were not in LGPE, and that's probably where they'll point the most fingers at in terms of Can't.

I do wonder where things will land on the models, tho. Obviously, LGPE did reuse the 3DS models. It's entirely likely that Masuda was using a corporate speak when explaining needing to "redo" the models and, idk, he thought new textures was pretty much the same or whatever. Or maybe they are new for Sword and Shield and hackers will find day 1 that the models are 98% similar, but in doing them again Eevee got two more polygons in its butt that nobody can see.

I thought it was Ohmori who said it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

I thought it was Ohmori who said it.

Oh, right, turns out it was Ohmori, Masuda was just in the same interview saying that they'd have to come to this conclusion sooner or latter.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

I mean if they have to update some maybe they're updating the models already on Switch too?

This by itself isn't really damning until SwSh is out.

lmao

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I didn't see this pointed out - let's go eevee is on sale for $30 during prime days but pikachu is still full price. Looks like Amazon is biased towards the worse choice.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Richard M Nixon posted:

I didn't see this pointed out - let's go eevee is on sale for $30 during prime days but pikachu is still full price. Looks like Amazon is biased towards the worse choice.

Don't cross the picket line, c'mon.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
eevee ain't no scab

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Richard M Nixon posted:

I hate you. I didn't really need to own Let's Go Eevee since I already have Let's Go Pikachu, but at half off now I do. I hope you're happy.

This will be super helpful when I inevitably get a second Switch. Not actually planning on that, but given that I have 2 GBA, a GBA SP, a DS, a DSi, a 3DS and a New 3DS, I've accepted my fate. :smithicide:

Mef989 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 16, 2019

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Eevee evolves into revoluteon when exposed to the blood of capitalists

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Most of the other stores are price matching so there's no need to actually buy from Amazon.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Licarn posted:

Eevee evolves into revoluteon when exposed to the blood of capitalists

Revoluteon has the new science type, as a manifestation of the immortal science of Marxism-Leninism

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1151204940863328256

A weapon to surpass Alolan Exeggutor.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Amppelix posted:

What do I make my Bold (-Atk, +Def) Eevee that I just caught in White 2

My choice would be Sylveon, I think, but that doesn't exist yet.

Also it can't be Glaceon because game freak put the ice rock into the postgame. Whoops.

Umbreon. Umbreon functions best as a wait em' out tank.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

:kimchi: (also Roselia > Roserade)

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Despite really disliking the removal of wild battles and random encounters, I almost bought LG:Eevee because Eevee is cool, but the $30 price only applies to the physical game, not a download code.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
long live the reeveelution

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Annath posted:

Despite really disliking the removal of wild battles and random encounters, I almost bought LG:Eevee because Eevee is cool, but the $30 price only applies to the physical game, not a download code.

Maybe I'm weird but I still enjoy having a physical cartridge. I enjoyed LGP and got this because I'm sure I'll want to replay through Kanto again eventually. I'm just ready to let RBY fade into memory though and play the remakes to let the rose colored memories live.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I don't necessarily mind the cartridge, but the cartridge:jewel case ratio is dumb and is way too much excess plastic.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's probably less plastic than a 3ds case, maybe not surface area wise but these are a lot thinner

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
they should be stamp sized

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They should come in condom packs.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Licarn posted:

I'd be very surprised if any of the original 151 are missing, we'll be stuck with those forever

I know this to be false. They are going with a more or less even mix from each generation. Believe me or don't, but this is one thing I'm privy of.

Anyways, the reason they should is that they already have all the assets done, and will for each successive game's monsters. Ergo, each new game should append to the dex total rather than wiping clean the slate each game.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I just bought a Switch, and I’m thinking of buying Let’s Go. How difficult is it to get someone with Pikachu to trade me one of their exclusives? I would much prefer Evee follow me around everywhere, but being without “mah boi” Scyther is sad.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Is it common to be pretty underleveled in Ruby by the time you hit the E4? My entire team is only in it's 40s and I'm already going through Victory Road. Wondering what a good place to grind it out is.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

You're not going to be meeting them head in terms of level if that's what you mean, but the good thing is that you don't have to. Depending on your team you can cheese it with a crew around 45.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Craptacular! posted:

I just bought a Switch, and I’m thinking of buying Let’s Go. How difficult is it to get someone with Pikachu to trade me one of their exclusives? I would much prefer Evee follow me around everywhere, but being without “mah boi” Scyther is sad.

You just need to be online and ask someone to trade. There's no GTS feature but you can communicate online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I saw this in a thread somewhere else. While newer models have identical silhouettes and geometry compared to older ones there’s a difference in the number of polygons.

You’ll notice it becomes more complex in regards to the face, limbs, and joints, indicating they’re meant to be depicted as more expressive and in the form of movement. Maybe that’s what they meant by “redoing the models”, and it’d line up with them making animations a priority as well.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jul 17, 2019