Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

It's on my to do list. How long will it likely stay on Games Pass?

At least till August!

Typically 3-6 months for a game like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

convex analog sticks were rear end

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

nah. even the duke was better. but hey at least it wasn't as absolutely loving shitterrible as the dreamcast controller!

Both the Duke and the Dreamcast controller were good.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

ItBreathes posted:

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 12, 2019

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

Grabbed Metro Exodus off gamepass and I love it. Liked the first two games but this is astounding. I wish we could get a mp fps that controls and looks like Metro. Something like Tarkov or Hell Let Loose.

I do not wish for a mp game where you crawl around at snail artyoms pace

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

How dare you hate Halo 3 in this thread

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Strange, gamers usually love to talk about their big, manly hands.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ItBreathes posted:

the duke controller is fine aside from the placement of the black and white buttons. the controller s is undeniably superior though.

the dreamcast controller sucks a gently caress. whoever thought that control stick was a good idea needs to be beaten.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Barudak posted:

At least till August!

Typically 3-6 months for a game like this

Does one need to play the first two games before Exodus? I've got both remasters but if Exodus is going soon and the other two aren't essential to enjoying the third then I'll hop onto it.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jul 13, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Doesn't one need to play the first two games before Exodus?

I dont see why?

[quote="DEEP STATE PLOT" post=""496678537"]
the dreamcast controller sucks a gently caress. whoever thought that control stick was a good idea needs to be beaten.
[/quote]

Didnt stop me from playing Quake 3 really really really really badly

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Christ, tried another USB3.0 SSD that worked fine with my 2012 motherboard and it's also constantly losing power. Why do corps always cheap out with poo poo like this even on ~premium devices~

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Unironically this.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Ruffian Price posted:

Christ, tried another USB3.0 SSD that worked fine with my 2012 motherboard and it's also constantly losing power. Why do corps always cheap out with poo poo like this even on ~premium devices~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Finally started playing the Outer Wilds since it was included with game pass. It takes a while to get going, but once you get to the gameplay loop it's incredibly addictive. It's like a simplified No Mans Land without the building, but more story and puzzles. It also gates gameplay between about a 20 minute play as the sun explodes and kills you . But your journal captures all updates and there's always somewhere new to explore.

If you have gamepass you should absolutely play this game.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
More game pass games this month

https://twitter.com/xboxgamepass/status/1151170659122204673?s=21

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

XBOX GAME PASS
500 Gigabyte Way
Console, PC 70619

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Most people who refuse to adapt to controller are actually having trouble fighting against auto aim or deadzones. Better games let you calibrate that stuff but its annoyingly non standard

Mkb is undeniably able to do things pad cant but to be like "pad is unusable!" On a level playing field is a bit much

A lot of the complaints come from having years of m+kb muscle memory, and not wanting to put in the time with a controller, as well.

Real hurthling! posted:

Artyom (and your freelancer when out of the armor in Anthem) move as fast as a regular person. Moving as fast as DoomGuy is super fun, but not very realistic.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Geo Fixer posted:

Just a heads up everyone, I bought the killer instinct ultimate edition during the summer sale so you guys can probably expect it to show up as a games with gold before the end of the year.

So close.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

A lot of the complaints come from having years of m+kb muscle memory, and not wanting to put in the time with a controller, as well.

I've been playing PC games for almost 20 years and I can type 70 words per minute without looking at the keyboard, but as soon as it's something like "press G to throw a grenade" I have to mash twelve different keys before I can find it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Monday_ posted:

I've been playing PC games for almost 20 years and I can type 70 words per minute without looking at the keyboard, but as soon as it's something like "press G to throw a grenade" I have to mash twelve different keys before I can find it.

honestly gently caress grenades

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Monday_ posted:

That's because WASD is dumb and puts your fingers off the home keys where you type 70wpm. Your instinct for G is one key over from your natural resting positing and WASD puts it two keys over. Thus, ESDF > WASD :colbert:

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I used to reject wasd and use asdf in a vaguely Apple II keyboard orientation, except d was forward and f was back.
I got tired of rebinding everything and just got used to wasd though.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The 2008 Prince of Persia showed counter QTEs as Xbox face button colors even if you played on M+KB, so you had to remember which ones corresponded to LMB, E, Left Shift and Space respectively. I kept screwing that up right until the end

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Alright finally got in the One X game. Ordered the Division 2 bundle from Rakuten because I had enough credit to cover it and it comes with $80 cash back. So about $310 total.

Now to get it and never play it because I have two kids and whoops this was a bad impulse buy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BonoMan posted:

Alright finally got in the One X game. Ordered the Division 2 bundle from Rakuten because I had enough credit to cover it and it comes with $80 cash back. So about $310 total.

Now to get it and never play it because I have two kids and whoops this was a bad impulse buy.

Get Ultimate Game Pass if you play PC games as well.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I said come in! posted:

Get Ultimate Game Pass if you play PC games as well.

Already got the 3 years for $1 deal! That's actually what spurred me to get back into gaming. Had a One for a while, then won the Taco Bell One X and sold it for $700 (the OG one, not the second competition), then got a PS4 and just wasn't into it. Then the let my Live lapse after like a decade as a Gold member. Then the Ultimate Game Pass deal came up and I found codes for $50 so I stacked 3 years and converted for the $1 deal.

Only regret is I found a MassGenie deal for $50/year PLUS SunsetOverdrive and TitanFall 2 codes.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Kind of a weird question but is it possible to use an Xbox 360 wifi adapter on a Windows 10 PC? I have to move my media server for a couple of weeks and the existing wifi card seems to have poo poo the bed. I remembered that the old 360 dongle was a thing so I dug mine out just in case.

So far Device Manager sees it as "Wireless Network Adapter Boot." Automatic update doesn't work so I was wondering if there's a driver somewhere. I've searched online but almost everything I come across is about the 360-to-PC wireless controller adapter.

I figure I'm probably out of luck but it couldn't hurt to ask. I'd rather not buy a new wireless card that I won't need in a month... but on that note, are there any worthwhile USB wifi dongles designed for PC? Maybe it'd be a good product for me to have regardless. Guess I'm wandering off topic here so I'll cut myself off.

Man, a wifi adapter for a game console feels way longer than one generation ago, doesn't it?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Minidust posted:

Man, a wifi adapter for a game console feels way longer than one generation ago, doesn't it?

Wireless g, no less. Also 20GB was the high end model of the 360, HD DVD was available as an add-on, and you got DVDs from Netflix.

That was a long generation.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RIP Xbox Blades

And yeah gamepass rules and is chock full of stuff to play. Like right now where you get access to Resident Evil 4, one of the greatest games ever made

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My friend is telling me the gamepass ultimate deal is up again to convert your time for a $1. Can't check for myself.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Minidust posted:

Kind of a weird question but is it possible to use an Xbox 360 wifi adapter on a Windows 10 PC? I have to move my media server for a couple of weeks and the existing wifi card seems to have poo poo the bed. I remembered that the old 360 dongle was a thing so I dug mine out just in case.

So far Device Manager sees it as "Wireless Network Adapter Boot." Automatic update doesn't work so I was wondering if there's a driver somewhere. I've searched online but almost everything I come across is about the 360-to-PC wireless controller adapter.

I figure I'm probably out of luck but it couldn't hurt to ask. I'd rather not buy a new wireless card that I won't need in a month... but on that note, are there any worthwhile USB wifi dongles designed for PC? Maybe it'd be a good product for me to have regardless. Guess I'm wandering off topic here so I'll cut myself off.

There were no official Windows drivers released for the old 360 model's USB wifi adapter (later models of course had wifi built in and didn't need it). Some people hacke dup custom wifi drivers for it in Linux back in the day, but no Windows drivers I'm aware of.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

fishmech posted:

There were no official Windows drivers released for the old 360 model's USB wifi adapter (later models of course had wifi built in and didn't need it). Some people hacke dup custom wifi drivers for it in Linux back in the day, but no Windows drivers I'm aware of.

So you could use the old hddvd drive on a PC but not the wifi dongle. Wild.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Wireless g, no less. Also 20GB was the high end model of the 360, HD DVD was available as an add-on, and you got DVDs from Netflix.

That was a long generation.

Remember when Microsoft had an exclusivity deal for the downloadable Netflix app on 360, which meant PS3 and Wii users had to order a physical disc containing the app to stream Netflix to their consoles?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Playing the Gears 5 tech test. It sure is... Gears. Not sure how this series survived so long with basically no innovation.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there any way to see if a game has updated to the latest patch? I'm trying to play Ark, but no servers are showing which is an issue with it not being updated, but i cannot figure out if its updated or not. I really wish "details" gave you more than "hey here's the game, and here's people on twitch playing it!"

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

twistedmentat posted:

Is there any way to see if a game has updated to the latest patch? I'm trying to play Ark, but no servers are showing which is an issue with it not being updated, but i cannot figure out if its updated or not. I really wish "details" gave you more than "hey here's the game, and here's people on twitch playing it!"

From the my games & apps screen, if you highlight a game and press back + X simultaneously, it will pop up a dialog with technical details about the game, including the last date it was updated.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
connect with xbox

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Playing the Gears 5 tech test. It sure is... Gears. Not sure how this series survived so long with basically no innovation.

I thought this one was supposed to be open-world or some poo poo.

Thinking about it I can't believe I played five of those carbon-copy games...

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How is multiplayer going to be open world?

And I'm suprised you played at all as the game was unplayable all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I joined a game in about one minute, maybe it's an Australian thing.

Didn't try a second game because yawwwn