Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I bought my soon-to-be-obsolete Switch from Walmart. :smuggo: I'm just being a regular corporate whore instead of a scab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

bushisms.txt posted:

Was thinking about grabbing this, but then I saw the big tittied skeleton. Why?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlord_(novel_series)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Tits are good

Skeletons are good

Where's the problem?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The skeleton doesn't even have tits...

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Andrast posted:

Tits are good

Skeletons are good

Where's the problem?

Fine I'll buy it

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Sakurazuka posted:

The skeleton doesn't even have tits...

top 10 anime betrayal

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Bust Rodd posted:

So has Nintendo made any comments about Joy Con Drift? Will these new colored joycons not drift so quickly?

Yes, they came out with new colors so you can drift differently.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Well this is bizarre but it IS picross

I am very conflicted right now

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

bushisms.txt posted:

I think that's just his rib cage.

Unless you did some sleuthery and saw more images somewhere.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

would have to be a bigger dumbass than i already am to buy more joycons before they make new ones that dont break in 6 months

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bushisms.txt posted:

That's a dude. The costume is just draped over the skeleton in such a way as to expose the ribcage (so you know its a skeleton) and because of the ridiculous World of Warcraft shoulder pads/epaulets.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Super No Vacancy posted:

would have to be a bigger dumbass than i already am to buy more joycons before they make new ones that dont break in 6 months

I noticed Kotaku has a front page story in the drift issue now. Maybe games media talking about it will make Nintendo to do something.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

That's a dude. The costume is just draped over the skeleton in such a way as to expose the ribcage (so you know its a skeleton) and because of the ridiculous World of Warcraft shoulder pads/epaulets.

I think i was thrown by the wide rib cage and the head piece resembles a nun so I assumed anime had done it again.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bushisms.txt posted:

I think i was thrown by the wide rib cage and the head piece resembles a nun so I assumed anime had done it again.

To be fair, his female servants follow exactly the formula you expect.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

bushisms.txt posted:

Yeah the skeleton is a dude. There's a bunch of anime tits in the source material though with the prime example in that ad.

Also rape and torture. Lots of that too.

Still...it's picross.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I haven't even finished Picross S3 yet, I'm gonna be playing these games forever

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Speaking of joycons breaking: I don't think I've had to deal with drift yet, but I feel like I barely used my joycons before I started running into an issue with my left joycon's L button "jamming" slightly on occasion. Anyone else have that problem?

Also, is there any worthwhile 3rd party left joycons that have a D-pad?

e: Also, now I kinda want a picross, haven't picked any up on Switch yet, recommendations? I kinda liked how Pokemon Picross had a meta layer of collecting poo poo and abilities. They should do another one of those.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Mokinokaro posted:

Also rape and torture. Lots of that too.

Still...it's picross.

This was gonna be one of the games I put on my fiancee's switch lite lol maybe I'll just stick to regular picross. Or baba is you. Does baba have skeleton titties?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
On the one hand it's picross, but on the other hand part of the fun is trying to figure out what the image is before you finish, and 500 puzzles of "It's... an anime girl!" might get a little old.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Oxyclean posted:

e: Also, now I kinda want a picross, haven't picked any up on Switch yet, recommendations? I kinda liked how Pokemon Picross had a meta layer of collecting poo poo and abilities. They should do another one of those.

Picross S/S2/S3 are all great

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oxyclean posted:

Speaking of joycons breaking: I don't think I've had to deal with drift yet, but I feel like I barely used my joycons before I started running into an issue with my left joycon's L button "jamming" slightly on occasion. Anyone else have that problem?

Also, is there any worthwhile 3rd party left joycons that have a D-pad?

Brush the grooves around the button with a clean, dry toothbrush. Soft bristles if possible

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Someone is going to ask a NoJ higher up about stick drift in a year and it's going to be very obvious it's the first they've heard of it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

bushisms.txt posted:

This was gonna be one of the games I put on my fiancee's switch lite lol maybe I'll just stick to regular picross. Or baba is you. Does baba have skeleton titties?
There's already 3 great Picross games on the Switch if you're scared of anime.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

bushisms.txt posted:

I blame the internet

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

2 questions for those of you who bought God Eater 3:

1) How does it run on the Switch?
2) Is the learning curve hard? I tried Monster Hunter and found it really hard to get into but love the idea of just boss fights.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

RandomFerret posted:

You got what you deserved, scab

That would imply that I was aware of the picketting, joined, then crossed the line. I literally had to look this poo poo up in order to know what you all were even talking about.

acems
May 8, 2019

suddenlyissoon posted:

That would imply that I was aware of the picketting, joined, then crossed the line. I literally had to look this poo poo up in order to know what you all were even talking about.

maybe the people who said consumers wouldnt google enough to know the lite didnt have video out were right

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

acems posted:

maybe the people who said consumers wouldnt google enough to know the lite didnt have video out were right

You are probably right. I at least could tell that from the Nintendo website, but if it's not on the box, most parents won't know.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is the joycon drift issue an issue with the joycons themselves or with the console? Because mine have it, but I rarely use them unattached and I really want to buy the purple spice cons

acems
May 8, 2019

suddenlyissoon posted:

You are probably right. I at least could tell that from the Nintendo website, but if it's not on the box, most parents won't know.

my point was actually that this was a fairly publicized strike and that an unknowing scab is still a scab

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Calaveron posted:

Is the joycon drift issue an issue with the joycons themselves or with the console? Because mine have it, but I rarely use them unattached and I really want to buy the purple spice cons

It’s a physical issue with the sticks themselves.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Calaveron posted:

It has to do with the current technology limitations of making sticks that short. When you use them they wear away a pad, if you push more than is needed to get the stick to 100% it will wear it away even faster because it will leave a mark on the pad which means you will have to keep pushing it harder and harder to get it to register 100% Eventually it starts to drift because debris from the pad is floating around and the pad of marks all over it.

The easiest and quickest solution is to just buy a generic replacement stick since it's an off the shelf part. Should run you a under $10 including a screwdriver.

You can also open the controller and clean out the pad mess and get more life out of the current stick. but that involves also opening the stick itself and a replacement is so cheap it's probably not worth your time.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 17, 2019

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

acems posted:

my point was actually that this was a fairly publicized strike and that an unknowing scab is still a scab

Cool.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

gey muckle mowser posted:

I haven't even finished Picross S3 yet, I'm gonna be playing these games forever

Hell I thought S2 was the most recent release

acems posted:

Technically if you're not an employee or someone being brought in to replace a striking worker, you're not a scab, you're crossing the picket line. Not that that's not a bad thing, cause it is, but there's some word stuff for ya :)

jivjov fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 17, 2019

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

KingSlime posted:

Well this is bizarre but it IS picross

I am very conflicted right now

Well it does have more Color Picross. guess I'm getting it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

pixaal posted:

The easiest and quickest solution is to just buy a generic replacement stick since it's an off the shelf part. Should run you a under $10 including a screwdriver.

You can also open the controller and clean out the pad mess and get more life out of the current stick. but that involves also opening the stick itself and a replacement is so cheap it's probably not worth your time.

This is the first time I have ever heard of the solution to replace the stick with a better one. Any more info on this, or is this just a theory?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Anyone know what nintendo charges for a joycon repair out of warranty? Turns out I'm a couple weeks outside my year-long console warranty, and I'm a little gunshy about trying to replace the left analog stick on my own

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Astro7x posted:

This is the first time I have ever heard of the solution to replace the stick with a better one. Any more info on this, or is this just a theory?

It's not replacing the stick with a better one, it's just replacing it with the same thing except not worn out. And no, it's not a theroy, it's something lots of people have done, you can find tutorials on YouTube showing how to do it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It's not replacing the stick with a better one, it's just replacing it with the same thing except not worn out. And no, it's not a theroy, it's something lots of people have done, you can find tutorials on YouTube showing how to do it.

The replacement sticks are often off-brand and there aren't any reports of these developing drift

Astro7x posted:

Yeah there's tons of guides online, lots of people have done it with satisfying results. Here's one such guide:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Left+Nintendo+Joy-Con+Analog+stick+Replacement/113182

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

jivjov posted:

Anyone know what nintendo charges for a joycon repair out of warranty? Turns out I'm a couple weeks outside my year-long console warranty, and I'm a little gunshy about trying to replace the left analog stick on my own

Tell them to gently caress off and replace them. The warranty is bullshit when they voided it with broken products. At most they could charge you for is shipping.