Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Someone brought up the Goofy & Pluto thing about them both being dogs a long time ago...the "theory" apparently was that Goofy was considered more humanized/people because he wears clothes. Always got a giggle out of me that the only thing separating lower-animal forms from higher ones in Disney is a shirt or pair of pants.

That's silly. The truth is far more horrible: the talking animals are furries. Just humans living their lives in fursuits 24/7. Imagine the pale, moist flesh in those suits. Even the children are forced to wear them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Exhausted_Dad_on_Vacation.jpg

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Claeaus posted:

I seem to remember (I think)Neil deGrasse Tyson saying that he asked someone at Disney about this and they confirmed it.

I'm imagining this conversation right now and it's getting me live my best life.

(Neil, walking up to a bellhop at the Port Orleans): hi, hello, sir? Do you have a minute? I have a quick question.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus

He could have drawn any animal and he chose a pig.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

That's silly. The truth is far more horrible: the talking animals are furries. Just humans living their lives in fursuits 24/7. Imagine the pale, moist flesh in those suits. Even the children are forced to wear them.

im dreaming of utopia over heer

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

GhastlyBizness posted:

An animal that will eat anything. Good choice, Dick.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

yeah I'd give that dude a mortgage

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

Gripweed posted:

yeah I'd give that dude a mortgage

I dunno, I saw a doc where a cottonmouth went after a black mamba and she pulled a gun from a box of cereal and made a terrible mess.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

cottonmouths are KOS as far as I'm concerned

gently caress em they're not endangered

canis minor
May 4, 2011

I need to start watching my back

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/kimurasyotenn1/status/1151601228771520512

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

That's one for out in public, which she'll lick daintily, and one for home, which she'll tear into like a wild woman.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I didn't know you could break Caramel Apple, I always lick it clean

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

Some call them Kosm.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Hirayuki posted:

That's one for out in public, which she'll lick daintily, and one for home, which she'll tear into like a wild woman.

That lady's comic is usually completely inscrutable to me because I can't read Japanese, but every now and then she'll do one about candy apples and for some reason those are always perfectly understandable. She's tapping in to some kind of universal candy apple experience that transcends language.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

hawowanlawow posted:

They're good rope puppies.

You're not endangered. :colbert:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Nalesh posted:

:killing:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nalesh posted:

They're good rope puppies.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Gripweed posted:

That lady's comic is usually completely inscrutable to me because I can't read Japanese, but every now and then she'll do one about candy apples and for some reason those are always perfectly understandable. She's tapping in to some kind of universal candy apple experience that transcends language.

the universal candy apple experience is frustration that you paid for it, and disappointment that you are, against all your instincts, eating it. this awful experience transcends time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/tVSyC3R.mp4

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the universal candy apple experience is frustration that you paid for it, and disappointment that you are, against all your instincts, eating it. this awful experience transcends time.

Candy is good, apples are good, so clearly the two combined into the most difficult to eat food in the world must also be good

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It's important to know the difference between candy apples and caramel apples. Caramel apples are a nice seasonal treat with just the right balance of chewy sweet and crisp tart. Candy apples are sneaky torture devices.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

GhastlyBizness posted:

Richard Scarry had (has?) a very weird and hosed up mind.

Samuringa posted:

I didn't know you could break Caramel Apple, I always lick it clean

The whole reason toffee apples are so good is the apple/toffee combo! You're missing out if you lick them clean and then eat the apple.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Every time I get a candy apple it's a red delicious inside and I'd just as soon kill myself.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

RareAcumen posted:

Can't wait to play as this guy in DMC VI

Wait, what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N4hprpRJhM

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

So that's how my sneezing is spelled in Latin. :hist101:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

bike tory posted:

Richard Scarry had (has?) a very weird and hosed up mind.

Had. He died in 1994.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On the Goofy/Pluto thing. I always thought it was like in the Wicked book series.

Goofy is a Dog, but Pluto is a dog.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyJ0KewJ04M

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/GraceSpelman/status/1151488810942947328?s=19

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What the gently caress did I just watch and why did I watch the whole thing??

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

loving same. That was lovely. What kind of parent takes their weirdass giant toddler in for a fever? Like dude I think her freakish head is a bigger issue and no wonder the wife isn't in the picture anymore.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Are those the same models as the Johnny Johnny video?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo. :stare: Props to the guy for staying professional while possibly bleeding all over the set.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

HenryEx posted:

Also had a pretty good reinterpretation of "Carry on wayward son"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AGQbe9mWZU&t=46s

this is great and proves that supernatural is good

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

I have a toddler at home and this video doesn't even scrape the bottom of the barrel of the kids youtube insanity to the point that I would be actually relieved to see my daughter watching something normal for once if I saw her watching it.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Captain Jesus posted:

I have a toddler at home and this video doesn't even scrape the bottom of the barrel of the kids youtube insanity to the point that I would be actually relieved to see my daughter watching something normal for once if I saw her watching it.

Just put on Blippi and let them at it. It's actually decent.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

bike tory posted:

I don't know about Captain Jesus's particular toddler, but that doesn't seem flashy and colourful and loud enough for most toddlers I know. Blippi is more pre-schooler oriented (3-5 year olds, who aren't toddlers).
Anything a sane adult would describe as "actually decent," is not intended for toddlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

bike tory posted:

Thanks for the tip. My daughter is almost three now and she's starting to move on to Disney songs so it's not so bad anymore. I find listening to "Let it go" and "Do you want to build a snowman" endlessly way more bearable than "Johny Johny Yes Pappa" and "Daddy finger".