Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They should move and renumber all Pokemon so the babies and later evolutions are all together like they should be. :colbert:

They did. Unfortunately they gave the various alternate forms/Formes their own numbers, so new alternate forms for existing Pokemon messed up the numbering and the whole thing had to be scrapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The only thing that makes me truly angry is fairy types somehow resisting bug

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Just make the forms be letters. Castform is #404, Castform Fire is #404a. Also do it in a game instead of the TCG :psyduck:

quote:

Spinda's other 4,294,967,295 patterns are not included, for obvious reasons.

The only reason I see here is laziness.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

The only thing that makes me truly angry is fairy types somehow resisting bug

Too many things resist Bug, in general. Ghost and Poison shouldn't resist Bug either.

And Ice needs more resistances. At the very least it should resist Flying.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Too many things resist Bug, in general. Ghost and Poison shouldn't resist Bug either.

And Ice needs more resistances. At the very least it should resist Flying.

It should resist water too.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Have fairy not resist bug and be resisted by ice.

It would still be outrageously good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheKingofSprings posted:

It should resist water too.

The first thing I do to defrost something is run it under the tap!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I just introduce it to my warm personality

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Spinda's other 4,294,967,295 patterns are not included, for obvious reasons.

cowards

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

d3lness posted:

Suck my Hitmonpeepee. Those monkeys are awful. To be honest, I don't like most fighting type designs. Galar is probably just going to have a literal hand and foot MXC style.

Primeape has a fun design and has been UU in three separate gens. It's rad. :colbert:

less laughter posted:

Kanto Golem definitively disproves it

Golem is based on an Ultraman Kaiju so it rules. :colbert:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I always disliked the "Grr, so mad all the time!" personality that Primeape are often all implied to have. And Mankey to Primeape is one of those evolutions, like Poliwhirl to Poliwrath, where the main changes are getting bulkier and angrier. (I guess it loses the tail? Or is the pose just hiding the tail? It still learns Iron Tail.) On the other hand, I'll give Mankey/Primeape credit for looking different from the other monkey lines; it was the first monkey, but it isn't the obvious monkey at all.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

This thread needs a "all Game Freak needs to do/say in order to fix this..." tip jar that you need to donate 25 cents everytime someone uses something like that, at this point.

Take it even further: Have the pokemon shifted around so that they match the region they most likely came from. For example Greninja from Johto, Serperior from Kalos etc. It would be amazing and I know for a fact they'll never ever do it.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I don't like that gym leaders now wear corporate sponsors on their clothes. That's really gross and depressing.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Skeleton King posted:

I don't like that gym leaders now wear corporate sponsors on their clothes. That's really gross and depressing.

Pretty sure it's kinda meant to be. I mean the whole reason Leon is getting flack is the sponsors plastered all over his ridiculous cape coupled with the over the top praise for him.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

who the gently caress is leon? I only know about the 3 characters that get fan art spammed on twitter.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

who the gently caress is leon? I only know about the 3 characters that get fan art spammed on twitter.

he’s only the undefeated champion????? noob

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

The reigning, defending, undisputed Galar champion.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Vandar posted:

Primeape has a fun design and has been UU in three separate gens. It's rad. :colbert:

as opposed to being uu in three of the same gen

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

The Galar league is governed by a totally not-evil corporation that's run by a totally not-evil guy and his totally-not evil secretary who is totally not pulling the strings behind his back.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm honestly kind of into it.

I like the whole sports league vibe. The pokemon league never really had much character to it as like an organisation, it's always just kind of been a thing that exists. This time they seem to be really going into what the Pokemon League is and I think that's sort of interesting.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

That's... the point? Like it's pretty clearly trying to invoke what actual professional sports, especially soccer, uniforms look like

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I feel like Pokemon will tackle the FIFA and sports as an ad campaign issue by just presenting them as Good and Chill. Like at most the ceo dude will be unaware that his company does evil.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I feel like Pokemon will tackle the FIFA and sports as an ad campaign issue by just presenting them as Good and Chill. Like at most the ceo dude will be unaware that his company does evil.

On one hand normally I would agree, but the dude and his assistant just look anime evil as gently caress

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're absolutely not going to tackle anything about FIFA or major sports leagues in general. They're just using the aesthetic because "Hey, Britain is kind of into sports!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Saagonsa posted:

On one hand normally I would agree, but the dude and his assistant just look anime evil as gently caress

The assistant is evil for sure, but the dude feels like he Should be evil but turns out nah.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Licarn posted:

The Galar league is governed by a totally not-evil corporation that's run by a totally not-evil guy and his totally-not evil secretary who is totally not pulling the strings behind his back.

So the plot of Sw/Sw is the plot of Speed Racer???

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm honestly kind of into it.

I like the whole sports league vibe. The pokemon league never really had much character to it as like an organisation, it's always just kind of been a thing that exists. This time they seem to be really going into what the Pokemon League is and I think that's sort of interesting.

Saagonsa posted:

That's... the point? Like it's pretty clearly trying to invoke what actual professional sports, especially soccer, uniforms look like

I don't care for realism in pokemon. I like the idea of a world where you can just do sport without having to sell out and be a walking billboard. I like the idea that people can do stuff because they like to do it and get paid because they are good at it, not because they let a corporation plaster their ugly logos all over and use their image for advertising. Sure its not real corporations, but its still gross to perpetuate the idea that sports cannot exist separately from corporations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Edit: double posted by accident sorry!

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 18, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Flopsy posted:

Would be neat if that's the case. I mean we keep getting a lot of disney-esque set up with all the (look at this totally not villainous character they're legit a good guy honest.) business.

I don't care for realism in pokemon. I like the idea of a world where you can just do sport without having to sell out and be a walking billboard. I like the idea that people can do stuff because they like to do it and get paid because they are good at it, not because they let a corporation plaster their ugly logos all over and use their image for advertising. Sure its not real corporations, but its still gross to perpetuate the idea that sports cannot exist separately from corporations.

They might actually be making a statement on that. Who knows? It would be interesting if they kinda emphasize the soullessness of it all.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The problem is big sponsors and soccer unis (or football kits, depends on what you call them) are hand in hand (mostly because soccer doesn't bring in as much money as most other sports do, even in Europe), and given that the gym system in Galar borrows heavily from the Premier League, it makes sense from an aesthetic standpoint.

e: I'll poke Gigi Galli's brain for a take on this, for what it's worth

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Flopsy posted:

They might actually be making a statement on that. Who knows? It would be interesting if they kinda emphasize the soullessness of it all.

I would be impressed if they did. Chances are though that it wont ever even be acknowledged.

Its not a big issue of course, I get what they are going for, and at least its not real life corporations. I would lose my mind if I saw a loving pepsi logo in pokemon.

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 18, 2019

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm not saying it's interesting because it's realistic or whatever just that the league itself has a bit more personality than usual. If only because previously the league never had like any personality at all. Even though it is borrowing from the corporate landscape that is the Premier League.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Unrelated I still haven't decided which one to get!

Does anyone have the rundown on version exclusive stuff?

e: also most sports, outside of the US and Canada somewhat, have big rear end sponsorship logos. The lack of them in the states is the exception, not the rule.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

We know basically nothing about version differences yet outside of the legendaries

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SyntheticPolygon posted:

We know basically nothing about version differences yet outside of the legendaries

And those gym leaders, right?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

I would be surprised if "for the love of the game" isn't a theme. That's been a constant throughout Pokemon: love of Pokemon, or sometimes love of battling/training, trumps all.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Shield has cool shield dog. Sword has dumb dog with sword in its mouth.

Although watch them pull a B&W and make the obtainable legendary the one for the opposite version.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

iospace posted:

Unrelated I still haven't decided which one to get!

Does anyone have the rundown on version exclusive stuff?

e: also most sports, outside of the US and Canada somewhat, have big rear end sponsorship logos. The lack of them in the states is the exception, not the rule.

The Hydreigon and Kommo-o lines are exclusive to sword, and the Tyranitar and Goodra lines are exclusive to shield. That and the gym leaders/legendaries are pretty much all we know.

Pugnacious Doggie
Dec 18, 2018

Its Not mY AGe To Do AnY woRk,no luv No joB I Am fRee Now.
Shield has Goomy. The decision should be obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

iospace posted:

For the states, and most professional sports, the team IS the brand.