Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mkiGMtbrPM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

these are all pretty basic b-boy moves, i'm surprised you'd be taken in

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'm getting the following:

Capital Vol. 1 + David Harvey's companion (read some other Marx stuff but never Capital)
Liberalism a Counter History - Losurdo
Age of Revolution - Hobsbawm

I wanna get a collection of Lenin but I can't figure out which publisher/edition is good. Anything else I should get

you should go for progress publishers if you want any text from a soviet figure. that was the ussr's official foreign language press. or international publishers, the press of the cpusa. similarly if you ever want stuff from china foreign languages press is the way to go.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Why are Japanese people so bad at dancing? It's like white people times ten

Hare Hare Yukai tho

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

how quickly people forget Yatta

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i say swears online posted:

how quickly people forget Yatta

its always echoing in the back recesses of my mind, every time i close my eyes in silence

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Worker Yoko's second single, "We Are the Communist Party". Rough rather than aiming for verse and meter because I'm too old for that game anymore.

We are the Communist Party!
By your side in politics
We are the Communist Party
By your side in the future

You all don't have the wrong idea, do you?
We're not like they used to make us out to be
We're pretty good, we stand by our principles, if I do say so myself

We've got a lot of critiques, but that doesn't mean
we don't have proposals to deal with them too
We've got pretty good ideas, if I do say so myself

Minimum wage to 1500 yen
Abolish unpaid overtime
Halve college and trade school tuition
300,000 new licensed daycare slots
Drop NHI premiums
Keep pensions high and secure
Positions on Okinawa, the Constitution, nuclear power
And more, just check our webpage
Right here!

For a society where anyone who works an eight-hour day can live with dignity
For a society where everyone can study and raise children without worrying about money
For a society with strong social security, where you can live without fears
For a society with more hope for the future

Fighting alongside the citizens
Knocking out the government
Updating Japan
Let's start the future!

THS
Sep 15, 2017

they sound less social democratic than bernie sanders lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Hell I'd still take Worker Yoko over Aggretsuko any day

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Finally, a Communist Party for the average Abe-supporting salaryman

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

THS posted:

they sound less social democratic than bernie sanders lol

Yeah, at this point they're kind of the pan-and-or-only left party; the SDP is a four-member rump after several splits which took the left to Maoism and shortly out of office/the right to the business liberals, and the left-liberals were numbersfucksteins who shattered into nonexistence after their one term in government with the biggest remainder merging with the reformist fash (!) to form an anti-imperialist or at least imperialism-in-one-country/anti-nuclear inchoate populist faction.
I have Shii's tripartite manifesto from a little bit after he became Chairman sitting on my desk, need to read through gleaning how much is public position/private position vs. how much is revisionist but it's a draaaaaaaaag writing interlinear notes in English on something printed vertically.

In terms of symbology/how far they're at least willing to flirt with libleft or contain anything that left or further, the Imperial accession a couple months ago was the first (admittedly, out of 3, Hirohito was a very healthy man with a very sickly father) that they sent congratulations to. This is complicated by the previous Emperor being a committed anti-imperialist (!?!) who abdicated to not be a living banner for rearmament and therefore a useful political ally, but it's still not particularly egalitarian or republican.

Mandoric fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 15, 2019

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The Volga Woke Man

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

class, misogyny and inceldom go hand-in-hand

nigerian pop music a fantastic barometer of social relations worldwide imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ7FpYDQLOI

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/telesurenglish/status/1151068958625169410

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/yevangelion/status/1151072290060288001?s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/_Alex_Shea_/status/1150876715931099137

https://twitter.com/Igualitarista/status/1150131762338643968

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
America has done some very very bad things to the world. I think we need to stop America

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Black Legend

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kindest Forums User posted:

America has done some very very bad things to the world. I think we need to stop America

"The United States of America," the greatest terrorist threat in the history of the world, locked by the moderators after 246 years of terrorism

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I don't follow Cuban politics, but what does this mean when Raul passes on? hell, what does it mean for the single party system that's in place right now?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victory Position posted:

I don't follow Cuban politics, but what does this mean when Raul passes on? hell, what does it mean for the single party system that's in place right now?

When Raul passes on or retires, they'll just get a new head of the communist party. Raul isn't even the president right now.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

When Raul passes on or retires, they'll just get a new head of the communist party. Raul isn't even the president right now.

Who's in charge then? I know it was passed to him, but if he's not in charge, who is?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victory Position posted:

Who's in charge then? I know it was passed to him, but if he's not in charge, who is?

The guy who was elected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_D%C3%ADaz-Canel

Diaz-Canel is the first Cuban president in the history of the republic who isn't also leader of the communist party.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Victory Position posted:

it's actually Richard Spencer due to a loophole in the bylaws

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That JCP song was low energy, but it's still managing to spring up in my brain like a real ear worm.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
I liked the song until I read the translation. Has a desperate air. Like Jack Lemmon in Glengarry Glen Ross trying to sell me on his sect.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Greetings Brother. Have you heard the good news about no unpaid overtime?

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

i say swears online posted:

The Black Legend

As Brown as the Georgian Earth, comrade

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://cosmonaut.blog/2019/04/17/strasserism-vs-strasserism-turning-over-the-right-rocks/

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What??? You mean real strasserism doesnt exist, red-browns are a joke even to themselves, and only crazy people think its real?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

current affairs is getting some weird money from somewhere. not necessarily nefarious, there are a few low profile class traitors that are extremely rare but exist - i knew a marxist who got completely disillusioned in the 70s, used marxist economic theory to made fuckloads of money in stocks, then came back to leftism. hell, daddy engels was a rich baby too

there arent ads, i doubt hardly anyone is actually buying the print magazine in any numbers. i honestly wonder where they get bucks

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

THS posted:

current affairs is getting some weird money from somewhere. not necessarily nefarious, there are a few low profile class traitors that are extremely rare but exist - i knew a marxist who got completely disillusioned in the 70s, used marxist economic theory to made fuckloads of money in stocks, then came back to leftism. hell, daddy engels was a rich baby too

there arent ads, i doubt hardly anyone is actually buying the print magazine in any numbers. i honestly wonder where they get bucks

i think nathan just has rich parents

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

What??? You mean real strasserism doesnt exist, red-browns are a joke even to themselves, and only crazy people think its real?

proper strasserites haven't existed for 80 years but red-browns and crypto fash are real and dangerous

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smarxist posted:

but red-browns and crypto fash are real

:thunk:

quote:

and dangerous

nope, lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
for what it's worth I think "red-brown" and "cryptofash" are more useful descriptors than "Strasserite", if only because at least you don't get into digressions over what Strasserism actually was as an ideology

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Twitter has broken people's brains so far into subscribing to a form a political theater that is so goddamn detached from reality and lorded over by unchecked charlatans that it has them cowering from imagined enemies that are so far removed from any sort of power. It's really something else.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
people who call themselves red browns exist but i dont think theres anyone out there who's a real red brown and isnt just a fascist that thinks the Soviet union was epic. and hell, fascists are bad but the soviet union WAS epic.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's a purely online phenomenon, which makes it a sideshow of a sideshow, and it's impossible to even gauge its sincerity because so much of it is just a meme.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The article does say that there are several spectrums of right wing lunatics online who take some left wing views or maybe aesthetic but it's just like the alt right guys who eventually become salafist muslims, a minority of an already small group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

people who call themselves red browns exist but i dont think theres anyone out there who's a real red brown and isnt just a fascist that thinks the Soviet union was epic. and hell, fascists are bad but the soviet union WAS epic.

theres people out there who call themselves "national anarchists." doesnt mean its a thing