Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

-- Theresa May, notable consistent winner when it comes to leadership tests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
What was the origin of the anti-semitism debate again?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

twoday posted:

Guess what Ed Miliband did around that time

https://twitter.com/TweetForTheMany/status/1150408258546491393

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cakesmith handyman posted:

An ourbojoros, if you will.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its all going to backfire when accusing corbyn of antisemitism ends up making labour more attractive to the tory/brexit base of hateful garbage people and leads to a solid lab majority when boris calls a ge (the bojeneral)

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I'm sure he thought of that, he's always working all the bojangles

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

twoday posted:

Solidarity with the Palestinian people, subjects of an ongoing genocide.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Squizzle posted:

its all going to backfire when accusing corbyn of antisemitism ends up making labour more attractive to the tory/brexit base of hateful garbage people and leads to a solid lab majority when boris calls a ge (the bojeneral)

Johnson Cocks Up General

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/LADFLEG/status/1151412159198441472?s=19

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Jel Shaker posted:

both parties are similarly right wing though

American Jews (broadly) as a community have a long history of being big into progressive causes and activism though.
I'd chalk it up to them living as a much larger and thus more visible, and thus more targeted group in the earlier days of mass immigration to the US. They became a tough community that both gained inherent sympathy for minority groups of sorts, and a cultural assertiveness.
Whereas my impression of British Jews is that they're a very small and not particularly noticeable demographic.

I think a key factor with American Jews versus the other white ethnics that came over to the US around 1900 and before is that while all those groups (Irish, Italian, Poles etc) eventually entered the mainstream white concept? Jews always had that one thing that kept them very distinctly separate. Not being Christian.

Grape has issued a correction as of 17:26 on Jul 17, 2019

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

jonathan freedland's article about AOC reaffirms his position as one of the most cynically reactionary pieces of poo poo working in the uk media. extraordinary how easy makes it look, hiding all that poison behind his carefully erected facade of zone 2 blandness.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, I used to kinda respect Jonathan Freedland, even when I disagreed with him but holy poo poo has he become mendacious and lovely recently. Perhaps he was always like that but I didn't notice?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I seem to remember him actually speaking out against the attacks on Ed Milliband's dad back in the distant days of 2014 but he seems to have forgotten all about that now.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Martin BadClixx posted:

The left is also bad at attacking

Left attack more pls

right attack is more powerful but left attack is faster, you've got a better chance at getting a star punch

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
that's a metaphor for hitting the select button to brexit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, I used to kinda respect Jonathan Freedland, even when I disagreed with him but holy poo poo has he become mendacious and lovely recently. Perhaps he was always like that but I didn't notice?

When Blair was in power and labour talked about for the many it was fine, under Corbyn it's sinister

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

antisinisterism

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Jose posted:

under Corbyn it's sinister

Wiktionary posted:

From Middle English sinistre (“unlucky”), from Old French sinistra (“left”), from Latin sinestra (“left hand”).

Checks out.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

twoday posted:

corbyn refused to bend the knee to israel because of the whole apartheid thing

blairites, looking for any excuse to attack their own party after their coup hilariously failed, jumped on that and it's been a shitshow ever since

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 19:22 on Jul 17, 2019

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

an electoral pact would probably involve farage standing down in any current CON seats, I.e. most leave seats. this means playing second fiddle

yes this is what it means, but again boris is stupid enough to think it doesn't

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it started under miliband because he was pro-palestine. then it was quiet for a while because they tried to use everything else they could to attack corbyn which all failed miserably

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ynohtna posted:

-- Theresa May, notable consistent winner when it comes to leadership tests.

It's almost like she's a loving idiot.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1151583389444640773?s=20

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
he's really proud of "where there's a will, there's a whey"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can't wait to trample a single mother to death in the rush for my brexit milk solid ration brick

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

will my jar of olives will make me the 1% post brexit

milk cubes just sound so gauche

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

can't wait for a diet of powdered eggs and no insulin to reawaken the old blitz spirit I remember from watching dad's army when I was 14

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Attorney at Funk posted:

can't wait for a diet of powdered eggs and no insulin to reawaken the old blitz spirit I remember from watching dad's army when I was 14

Except this time around you'll be the baddies. Can't wait for Axis 2.0 where the Anglosphere are the scourge of humanity!

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Attorney at Funk posted:

he's really proud of "where there's a will, there's a whey"

torys on their way to brexit

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
“That sort of game of chicken works if the stakes are equal for both people,” he said. “The fact of the matter is, the EU recognise that no deal will hurt the UK far worse than the EU as a whole. ‘Give me what I want or I will shoot myself in the foot’ isn’t that compelling as a negotiating strategy.”

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
brexit

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1151733056778059776

this one is more relevant but less fun

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1151732456191451136

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
B
R
E
X
I

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a flub to remember

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Johnson To Face Consequences, Says Eurocrat

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/Rubberbandits/status/1151764472941502465

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Brexit thread: it's actually all about the jews

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/1151826938824220672?s=20
Lmao

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
For both the US and UK I wonder if their president/PM will someday read on Wikipedia as "succeeded by: office abolished" like Gorbachev.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

To understand the British imperial mindset you need only realise that this is being presented as a punishment for voting Leave: watch as they drop this line the minute Indyref2 starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/MagicMagid/status/1151844424412028933?s=19