Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ArfJason posted:

Why is the name PsyGuy familiar

He did That's My Sonic so maybe there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oooooohhh yeaaaahh... That was a long rear end time ago, i remember i read a couple of those as a kid

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Sonic webcomic author... Who could have foreseen sexual crimes...

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

ArfJason posted:

Why is the name PsyGuy familiar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GpK9DxJgHA

https://medium.com/@digxel/the-full-story-of-my-abuse-from-superpsyguy-crikeydave-and-others-dfebf77a1fbb (This popped up in search results; dunno if it's legit)

Psychedelic Eyeball did a reading of something related to the debacle, but I can't seem to find the video.

Dawgstar posted:

He did That's My Sonic so maybe there?
I think he also did the comic GG-Guys, and some stuff on Newgrounds.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 18, 2019

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I'm hurting myself,mentally Negi.

Apparently,has to do,with this poo poo. Cause my name is Shonen Otaku and fifteen years Negi!!!!!!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kirbopher/status/1151527968792969216

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Dawgstar posted:

Was voice actor/TOME creator Chris "Kirbopher" Niosi known to be a sex pest? Stumbled onto this:

https://twitter.com/lashiec/status/1151624138999717888

I wonder if Nick Rieketa is prepping the GoFundMe now.

I've been SCREAMING about this for years.

EDIT: holy loving poo poo what a scumbag, using his mental health struggles to eke out sympathy. gently caress off forever.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 18, 2019

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Suck my pills Nosey

Are,you Shonen Otaku Dr.What?

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 18, 2019

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I think I got him confused with that other anime dub voice actor dude that got dropped from a lot of stuff for being a big 'ol creep recently, I guess people have been calling Niosi out for a while, huh?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm pretty sure Kirbopher was the voice of the protagonist in Yiik, a game so atrocious and poorly designed in every way that it doesn't even have a fanbase among the incel gamers that would otherwise flock to it.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Mr Phillby posted:

I think I got him confused with that other anime dub voice actor dude that got dropped from a lot of stuff for being a big 'ol creep recently, I guess people have been calling Niosi out for a while, huh?

Vic Mignogna is the other one you're thinking of. He's in the middle of suing a bunch of people + Funimation for "slandering" him.

I know this because Marzgurl tweets about the case/gets harassed by Vic stans a lot.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

get that OUT of my face posted:

I'm pretty sure Kirbopher was the voice of the protagonist in Yiik, a game so atrocious and poorly designed in every way that it doesn't even have a fanbase among the incel gamers that would otherwise flock to it.
You're not wrong. I watched Jack Saint stream the whole thing a while ago, it was a cursed loving experience even before the revelation that It's purposefully insufferable main character is voiced by a known sex pest. YIIKes.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Alacron posted:

Vic Mignogna is the other one you're thinking of. He's in the middle of suing a bunch of people + Funimation for "slandering" him.

I know this because Marzgurl tweets about the case/gets harassed by Vic stans a lot.
Yeah, I think I read some poo poo on twitter about this other fucker around the same time, and came to the mistaken conclusion that Vic voiced Reigan in Mob Psycho. No actually he's a completely different anime sex offender loving wonderful news.

Also yogscast content is like my guilty youtube pleasure, I probably should of been more leery about the CEO who's entire on camera shtick was 'shitter David Brent' but there you go I guess the new media's just like the old, full of abusive cunts.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mr Phillby posted:

You're not wrong. I watched Jack Saint stream the whole thing a while ago, it was a cursed loving experience even before the revelation that It's purposefully insufferable main character is voiced by a known sex pest. YIIKes.
That's just a blip on the list of gaming crimes committed by Yuk. I watched most of GrandmaParty's LP of it on this forum until a certain dungeon killed any desire for me to watch anymore.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
RORY IS DEAD

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Wait, my brain is remembering something I read a while ago:

Hardcore Gaming 101 | YIIK: A Postmodern RPG posted:

Disclaimer: Only after writing this review did the writer discover that the main character, Alex, was played by Chris “Kirbopher” Niosi, an internet personality turned voice actor with a history of emotional abuse. The writer felt this fact was important for readers to know before considering trying the game.

When I originally read that, I misinterpreted that as 'Kirbopher had suffered emotional abuse', instead of 'Kirbopher was responsible for emotional abuse'.

It's amazing how virtually every part of YIIK is bad or awful in multiple ways.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr Phillby posted:

Yeah, this one's been floating about a while too. He just hasn't been as visible a VA as Vic Mignogna was.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

That's just a blip on the list of gaming crimes committed by Yuk. I watched most of GrandmaParty's LP of it on this forum until a certain dungeon killed any desire for me to watch anymore.

Yeah, the most generous take on the situation is that the Allanson Brothers didn't know Kirphober was a sexpest when they cast him in the game. But then again, Andrew Allanson, the more public-facing of the two brothers, has his own slate of kind of gross issues he's yet to reckon with himself.

YiiK: A Post-Modern RPG is a very bad game though, to the point where "the main character is voiced by a sexual predator" is almost ancillary to its problems.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alacron posted:

Vic's case seems to be going... well, hilariously feels like the best word.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1151509264017571843

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, the most generous take on the situation is that the Allanson Brothers didn't know Kirphober was a sexpest when they cast him in the game. But then again, Andrew Allanson, the more public-facing of the two brothers, has his own slate of kind of gross issues he's yet to reckon with himself.

YiiK: A Post-Modern RPG is a very bad game though, to the point where "the main character is voiced by a sexual predator" is almost ancillary to its problems.

YiiK tries so hard to be the next Earthbound or Undertale that its downright pathetic. All of its attempts to say anything meaningful fall flat either from the writing undercutting its own message or from the inspiration/presentation being so reprehensible, to say nothing of the actual gameplay.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I first heard about YiiK because Toby Fox did a song for it and almost gave it a buy sight unseen, but then I had a lot of unexpected expenses soon after and put it off. Seems like I dodged a bullet from everything I've heard.

Dawgstar posted:

Vic's case seems to be going... well, hilariously feels like the best word.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1151509264017571843

:wow:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm trying to remember wrong with the game I've seen brought up. There was...

• Unlikable protagonist
  • Developer getting salty about people not liking the game or the unlikable protagonist
  • Inconsistent tone (ex. serious discussion of deceased sister punctuated by sudden appearance 'LOLrandumb' appearance of gold alpaca)
  • Inconsistent audio quality with voice recordings
  • Plot elements derived from the suicide of Elisa Lam
  • Terrible, obnoxious writing.
  • Passages lifted from Haruki Murakami novels
  • Long load times
  • :actually:

What's really funny is that I remember when YIIK was first announced, or shown off, I remember people were like 'Wow, this looks and sounds like poo poo', and actually turned out to be even worse.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alacron posted:

I first heard about YiiK because Toby Fox did a song for it and almost gave it a buy sight unseen, but then I had a lot of unexpected expenses soon after and put it off. Seems like I dodged a bullet from everything I've heard.

The most damning indictment against YiiK was that Toby Fox put out a tweet plugging the game on its release date citing his contribution to it, and then very quickly and quietly deleted the tweet before the week was over and everyone (Toby included) realized what a flaming pile of garbage it was.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Max Wilco posted:

I'm trying to remember wrong with the game I've seen brought up. There was...

• Unlikable protagonist
  • Developer getting salty about people not liking the game or the unlikable protagonist
  • Inconsistent tone (ex. serious discussion of deceased sister punctuated by sudden appearance 'LOLrandumb' appearance of gold alpaca)
  • Inconsistent audio quality with voice recordings
  • Plot elements derived from the suicide of Elisa Lam
  • Terrible, obnoxious writing.
  • Passages lifted from Haruki Murakami novels
  • Long load times
  • :actually:

What's really funny is that I remember when YIIK was first announced, or shown off, I remember people were like 'Wow, this looks and sounds like poo poo', and actually turned out to be even worse.

just looking at the art style makes it look like its some lovely prentious bullshit mixed with bad random humor. i never knew their were sex monsters attached to it.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The gameplay is also absolutely God awful.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
If you haven't seen it, pull up a moment from a YiiK LP and just watch how loving long a single battle takes. Every attack has a little minigame to it, except instead of being short, fun and varied like Undertale you have to do the same basic ones over and over again against damage sponge enemies as you pray for the battle to be over. One of the LPs had a fairly standard end-game fight that took about 15 to 20 minutes of straight repetitive minigames before it was finally over.

Pirate Jenny
Mar 28, 2006

Sie wissen nicht, mit wem Sie reden.
Okay, I wasn't going to share this but holy poo poo that Boogie post from yesterday. I come with one of my own, I'm sorry, and I'm being the living embodiment of the type of person I hate, but there was some actual performance art absurdity that went down at the Hyatt Regency in Orange County this weekend and it was just so, so ridiculous and this is the only place on the Internet that would appreciate it, and I don't know if I mean that in a good way? Who cares.

So featured creators, rich people and VidCon staff are all quarantined at the Hyatt Regency, which they completely lock down for VidCon - you can't get into the building without credentials. In general the hotel bar devolves into barcon pretty much every night where all the influencers descend and pretend not to know who each other are.

So on Thursday night, the hotel bar is pretty packed with your mid-listers - the Paul brothers and the Tanas of VidCon don't mingle with the rabble with mere less than a million subs, but there are still a bunch of people you'd have heard of. I was hanging out with Kat Blaque a lot that night (ftr she is cool as hell), and I leave to go to the bathroom. I come back, and who is talking (I use this word loosely) to Kat but loving Boogie. I approach the conversation and wrongly think it is a conversation, but quickly realize he is talking at Kat, not civilly, but pure finger pointing accusation. He keeps going on about "you misunderstood me" and "you misrepresented me" (it was about some tweet, best I can tell is it was this one?)
https://twitter.com/kat_blaque/status/1053321047187935232 She's like, I didn't miss represent you? Then the human wall of text turns into actual, red faced yelling. I watched in horror as for several minutes, this ... person actually yells at a fairly well known and well liked trans WOC, in full public in a VERY crowded space, surrounded by other public figures, for "sewing division," and "misrepresenting people" (and by people I mean Boogie, the only person), and for intentionally misunderstanding people to further her political agenda of sewing division. Meanwhile Kat's just staring at him, open mouthed and silent, and there's no other way to describe her expression but

I couldn't believe I was actually seeing this. It's one of those things that you see and it somehow measures up to every worst expectation you've ever had and yet you still can't believe you've seen it, like seeing a tornado destroy a house in real life. Like yeah, that's what you thought it would do, but it's still a surprise to watch.

She extracted herself, he neither recognized nor cared who I was because I guess we haven't had enough twitter fights. Kat looks at me and goes, "well, I'm glad he's walking again." This also should come as no sad surprise, but she's kind of used to guys like Boogie. Me, I post about them on Something Awful, because I'm still shocked I witnessed this.

All in all VidCon was pretty dope.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:stare:

Sweet Jesus. What a loving giant tub of poo poo.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Good to know that Boogie is exactly the kind of shithead in real life that everyone suspected him of being

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

World's Friendliest Gamer strikes again.

What a loving dick.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Looks like Boogie needs another Internet Etiquette lesson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaVB_QH3Ndw

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Jesus loving christ.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Boogie sucks so much lmao

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

That dude is the living embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger effect. He's an idiot manbaby who lucked into fame by talking about video games, and now he thinks he's an expert on everything and that any time someone questions him it must be a personal attack.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pirate Jenny posted:

it always surprises me that morons like boogie last this long without getting decked.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The “I’m so nice but you’re pushing me into being what I was the whole time and it will be your fault when I do what I’ve always wanted to do” phase is usually pretty short ala Laci Green. Hopefully there’s less of an audience for that poo poo now that there are out nazis accepting bitcoin crowdfunding. God drat. Even the sargon types can avoid red-faced screaming at people. I guess he might genuinely be too stupid to understand what he actually is.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The “I’m so nice but you’re pushing me into being what I was the whole time and it will be your fault when I do what I’ve always wanted to do” phase is usually pretty short ala Laci Green. Hopefully there’s less of an audience for that poo poo now that there are out nazis accepting bitcoin crowdfunding. God drat. Even the sargon types can avoid red-faced screaming at people. I guess he might genuinely be too stupid to understand what he actually is.

The good ol' Sargon "I didnt want to do this but you're making me do it" pretending to be hesitant is such cowardly poo poo. Boogie should have gotten a spine instead of fake teeth.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pirate Jenny posted:

Okay, I wasn't going to share this but holy poo poo that Boogie post from yesterday. I come with one of my own, I'm sorry, and I'm being the living embodiment of the type of person I hate, but there was some actual performance art absurdity that went down at the Hyatt Regency in Orange County this weekend and it was just so, so ridiculous and this is the only place on the Internet that would appreciate it, and I don't know if I mean that in a good way? Who cares.

So featured creators, rich people and VidCon staff are all quarantined at the Hyatt Regency, which they completely lock down for VidCon - you can't get into the building without credentials. In general the hotel bar devolves into barcon pretty much every night where all the influencers descend and pretend not to know who each other are.

So on Thursday night, the hotel bar is pretty packed with your mid-listers - the Paul brothers and the Tanas of VidCon don't mingle with the rabble with mere less than a million subs, but there are still a bunch of people you'd have heard of. I was hanging out with Kat Blaque a lot that night (ftr she is cool as hell), and I leave to go to the bathroom. I come back, and who is talking (I use this word loosely) to Kat but loving Boogie. I approach the conversation and wrongly think it is a conversation, but quickly realize he is talking at Kat, not civilly, but pure finger pointing accusation. He keeps going on about "you misunderstood me" and "you misrepresented me" (it was about some tweet, best I can tell is it was this one?)
https://twitter.com/kat_blaque/status/1053321047187935232 She's like, I didn't miss represent you? Then the human wall of text turns into actual, red faced yelling. I watched in horror as for several minutes, this ... person actually yells at a fairly well known and well liked trans WOC, in full public in a VERY crowded space, surrounded by other public figures, for "sewing division," and "misrepresenting people" (and by people I mean Boogie, the only person), and for intentionally misunderstanding people to further her political agenda of sewing division. Meanwhile Kat's just staring at him, open mouthed and silent, and there's no other way to describe her expression but

I couldn't believe I was actually seeing this. It's one of those things that you see and it somehow measures up to every worst expectation you've ever had and yet you still can't believe you've seen it, like seeing a tornado destroy a house in real life. Like yeah, that's what you thought it would do, but it's still a surprise to watch.

She extracted herself, he neither recognized nor cared who I was because I guess we haven't had enough twitter fights. Kat looks at me and goes, "well, I'm glad he's walking again." This also should come as no sad surprise, but she's kind of used to guys like Boogie. Me, I post about them on Something Awful, because I'm still shocked I witnessed this.

I am sorry but whats wrong with these assholes and not getting "just ask the individual person what they prefer and then rolling with that" like yeah its kinda akward but as long as your not badfaith prick or being weird, i am pretty sure most people are fine.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am sorry but whats wrong with these assholes and not getting "just ask the individual person what they prefer and then rolling with that" like yeah its kinda akward but as long as your not badfaith prick or being weird, i am pretty sure most people are fine.

Yeah, I don't get being a petty transphobis rear end in a top hat for no reasons either. :shrug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
:stonk:

Thanks for sharing and I hope VidCon was unsarcasticly good aside from that wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So I'm visiting to Game On Expo here in Phoenix next month and Boogie is gonna be one of the guests. I hate that even an insignificant part of my ticket sale goes to him.

I was hoping to see Pat Contri's panel since he was there the past couple years but he's going to the con in Long Island that's happening the same weekend. I get it. If you got a choice between Long Island or Phoenix in July, why the hell would you visit Phoenix? The guest panel is pretty weak compared to Long Island's. (At least when it comes to the people I follow.) Boogie is the poo poo cherry on top.