Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
We gotta use the sea for something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
It's where I keep all my plastic :colbert:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

We gotta use the sea for something

I'm gonna stop you right there, buddy

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol at caring about furries in tyool 2019

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

not this meme again

don't get 300 goons regurgitating the same tired "we have bigger poo poo to worry about now durr" post for three pages

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Tubgoat posted:

/

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

hawowanlawow posted:

not this meme again

don't get 300 goons regurgitating the same tired "we have bigger poo poo to worry about now durr" post for three pages

It's not even that, although that is a thing, it's just that it's been loving fifteen years since hating furries was an internet thing. Move on. Find a new thing.

Plus furries have better representation now. Sonicfox is pretty great

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Furries have never done me any personal harm, nor even inconvenienced me in any way, which is more than I can say for other weird nerd subcultures like football fans.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Is anyone actually a furrie?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Gripweed posted:

It's not even that, although that is a thing, it's just that it's been loving fifteen years since hating furries was an internet thing. Move on. Find a new thing.

Why would anyone stop making fun of furries? They're gross and pathethic, to a really special degree. You can find more than one thing gross at a time. Exposure to the gross thing doesn't make it more acceptable to most people, it just numbs them to it more

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think its a bit much to call a worldwide community of what, maybe 80 people gross and pathetic. Live and let live!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I think its a bit much to call a worldwide community of what, maybe 80 people gross and pathetic. Live and let live!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Those 2 lonlies from the faroe islands and svalbard should really have a date

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm the swastika.

edit:
Probably not the best phrasing...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There's also SS runes in Kamchatka

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just because furries have been awful for 20 years now doesn’t mean they suck any less.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I just don't understand furries. I understand wanting to be an animal just fine, like it'd be great to be an actual cat free of responsibilities, or just a moray eel or whatever, but they specifically want to be a certain kind of cartoon animal which seems to defeat the purpose. They don't look like animals at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I became aware of furries in the late 90s when MTV did some doc about a guy “coming out” to his family as a furry, and I literally could not wrap my mind around what the gently caress was even going on. 20 years later and a an unfortunate degree of exposure later and I still don’t understand it anymore than I did then.

My only guess as to why it’s managed to persist is that it’s become less about sexual deviancy over the years, and more about extremely online/ socially rejected people finding something to rally over that also allows them to completely disguise themselves and avoid reality. I don’t think a large amount of people are inherently drawn to living as sports mascots, but they are drawn to a group that doesn’t reject them for being autistic or being poorly socially adjusted or whatever. Whether or not that is healthy is probably debatable.

I agree it’s really not hilarious like it used to be but it’s still just depressing and embarrassing to look at.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

veni veni veni posted:

My only guess as to why it’s managed to persist is that it’s become less about sexual deviancy over the years, and more about extremely online/ socially rejected people finding something to rally over that also allows them to completely disguise themselves and avoid reality. I don’t think a large amount of people are inherently drawn to living as sports mascots, but they are drawn to a group that doesn’t reject them for being autistic or being poorly socially adjusted or whatever. Whether or not that is healthy is probably debatable.

That much is fairly obvious. I mean look at how huge the "brony" thing became

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Sonicfox is pretty great

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Isn't he a gamer? A videogamer? By trade?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Zzulu posted:

Isn't he a gamer? A videogamer? By trade?

The best there is!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

From what I've heard about him, Sonicfox sounds like a decent dude. That doesn't mean he isn't a total weirdo dork though.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

yeah if you ignore that kero fella and his whole group of zoophiles that got busted, and all the people who rushed to his defense, but we should just ignore that cause its unpleasant, right?

Solice Kirsk posted:

From what I've heard about him, Sonicfox sounds like a decent dude. That doesn't mean he isn't a total weirdo dork though.

He's young, he's popular in two communities, he's practically a living meme, I can see why he's always excited. Good guy, but man do not follow his twitter. Actually, don't use twitter at all, it sucks rear end.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

NPR interviewed that kid for some segment and he seemed extremely off.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You're telling me that someone obsessed with videogames and who dresses up as a "sonicfox" mascot in order to cope with life

might be a weirdo?

I think you're way off base here mister

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
anyone who cheers on a mass murderer or supports the death of specific people, deserves to be deported.

additionally, mass murderers should be tortured to death, and killed the way their victims were killed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If furries had been in charge of the Cats remake the character designs would be way less creepy and way more erotic.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

If furries had been in charge of the Cats remake the character designs would be way less creepy and way more erotic.

that's not an opinion

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

anyone who cheers on a mass murderer or supports the death of specific people, deserves to be deported.

Lol deported to where? "Hey Canada, this guy thinks Elliot Rodger is cool he's your problem now."

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Shakespeare should be performed in whatever the most obvious type of garb and decor is. For Julius Caesar, everyone should wear Roman dress, Caesar should wear a laurel wreath at all times and in MacBeth, MacBeth should wear a kilt and speak in a Scottish accent. I hate gimmicky Shakespeare performances where they try to give it either a Highly Relevant Message or put in some kind of dumb gimmick.

And no actors from Gamer Thrones or other stupid TV series. Benedict Cumberbatch can also gently caress off.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The best type of book cover features a silhouette of a man running down or towards a geometric shape with a realistically styled Roman or Greek bust looking at them from the other side.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

veni veni veni posted:

Lol deported to where? "Hey Canada, this guy thinks Elliot Rodger is cool he's your problem now."

Find a deserted island, they'll find their way around it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Shibawanko posted:

Shakespeare should be performed in whatever the most obvious type of garb and decor is. For Julius Caesar, everyone should wear Roman dress, Caesar should wear a laurel wreath at all times and in MacBeth, MacBeth should wear a kilt and speak in a Scottish accent. I hate gimmicky Shakespeare performances where they try to give it either a Highly Relevant Message or put in some kind of dumb gimmick.

And no actors from Gamer Thrones or other stupid TV series. Benedict Cumberbatch can also gently caress off.

The 1930s Fascist Britain version of Richard III ruled.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

spit on my clit posted:

He's young, he's popular in two communities, he's practically a living meme, I can see why he's always excited. Good guy, but man do not follow his twitter. Actually, don't use twitter at all, it sucks rear end.

Twitter rules because you can watch and even cause self-important public figures to have emotional breakdowns

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

Twitter rules because you can watch and even cause self-important public figures to have emotional breakdowns

and the 14 year old commie yet again believes they have some amount of power over people.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Social media is bad

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

and the 14 year old commie yet again believes they have some amount of power over people.

Lol, you'd know this was true if you ever looked at Twitter links folks post, it is incredibly funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shibawanko posted:

"This play has survived hundreds of years and is regarded as a classic of English literature, but we should totally update it to the modern day and give everyone submachineguns*" ~ an idiot.

*that was an adaptation of Macbeth starring Jack Davenport. I felt the dialogue during the final duel between Macbeth and Macduff suffered somewhat from having to be shouted over two men firing Uzis at each other.