Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Telling lies?

No papa

Open your door

Okay sure I will do like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GLUwlB8QCQ

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tony Snark posted:

So that's how my sneezing is spelled in Latin. :hist101:

Those are Greek letters though, for some reason.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Lady Disdain posted:

I don't know about Captain Jesus's particular toddler, but that doesn't seem flashy and colourful and loud enough for most toddlers I know. Blippi is more pre-schooler oriented (3-5 year olds, who aren't toddlers).
Anything a sane adult would describe as "actually decent," is not intended for toddlers.

Nah my kid has been obsessed with blippi since like 1 year old. Maybe that an anomaly, tbh I don't know that many toddlers. As far YouTube kids entertainers go though blippis actually pretty good, there's even some educational value to it unlike most who are just looking to sling merch or promote whatever toy they've been sent.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

bike tory posted:

Nah my kid has been obsessed with blippi since like 1 year old. Maybe that an anomaly, tbh I don't know that many toddlers.

You have been blessed with an amazing toddler.
(Honestly, I think most are probably like that, but I've known some real wretches, so I'm bitter.)

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
re: Blippi

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/katienotopoulos/blippi-youtube-kids-star-harlem-shake-poop

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
making GBS threads into someone elses rear end is pretty cool.

Blippi rules

Most of the negative feedback I read was from cyclists. This thing is stated as using cycle paths and the replies I saw were mainly cyclist who were piss and said they would just kick it over.

immortalyawn has a new favorite as of 12:17 on Jul 18, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What is it? Looks like some kind of robot pram?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

immortalyawn posted:

Most of the negative feedback I read was from cyclists. This thing is stated as using cycle paths and the replies I saw were mainly cyclist who were piss and said they would just kick it over.

I'm not "grr cyclists" by any means but they have to see the irony here

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I’m not sure what those things are but I hate them for using the term “mobility space”

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

NtotheTC posted:

Bike lanes are for bikes. If that company puts their little robots in a bike lane, they will get kicked over at best, smashed or burnt at worst.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I found Youtube Kids so disturbing that I just set my kid up with a collection of shows and movies on Plex that I found acceptable (Shawn the Sheep, Timmy Time, Signing Time, Mister Rogers, etc) and only let him watch that. I don't let him have a tablet of his own or let him watch Youtube unless the grown-ups are picking out the videos.

I'm just a lovely parent in other ways. For example despite all attempts to the contrary I've managed to raise one of those kids who only eats chicken nuggets, plain pasta, and cheese.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

It blocks out the sun like a parasol
And I'm walking around like a Dodger doll
Cause I've got a disproportioned head

And I can't make it better with surgery
So I'm stuck with this skull and the world can see
I've got a disproportioned head

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Imagined posted:

I found Youtube Kids so disturbing that I just set my kid up with a collection of shows and movies on Plex that I found acceptable (Shawn the Sheep, Timmy Time, Signing Time, Mister Rogers, etc) and only let him watch that. I don't let him have a tablet of his own or let him watch Youtube unless the grown-ups are picking out the videos.

I'm just a lovely parent in other ways. For example despite all attempts to the contrary I've managed to raise one of those kids who only eats chicken nuggets, plain pasta, and cheese.

How does that happen? Just give them other foods

It's not like they can boss you around

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

NtotheTC posted:

What's the irony?

E

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Zzulu posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you don't have kids. Or hang around people with kids.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Bike lanes are for bikes. If that company puts their little robots in a bike lane, they will get kicked over at best, smashed or burnt at worst.

And if you destroy one, there's a food prize inside. Win-win all around - except for the idiot company blocking the bike lanes, but who cares?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm just not American so I don't raise kids to become like this lol

You're destroying your child hehe

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My nephew is a total loving weirdo and will only eat hot dogs that are served to him warm, but then cool down to room temperature or spaghetti that has gone through the same process.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Zzulu posted:

Aaaahahaha

You idiot

You absolute moron

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Aaaahahaha

You idiot

You absolute moron

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Gripweed posted:

I saw some rear end in a top hat on a loving motorcycle in the bike lane once. If anyone deserves to get kicked over...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zzulu posted:

I'm just not American so I don't raise kids to become like this lol

You're destroying your child hehe

1992 rear end stock photo

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Solice Kirsk posted:

My nephew is a total loving weirdo and will only eat hot dogs that are served to him warm, but then cool down to room temperature or spaghetti that has gone through the same process.

A nurse friend recently told me about a local kid who ended up with scurvy because he ate nothing but white rice and fish sticks for a year.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Zzulu posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*gasp*

AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Hey Grandma, how about another grape soda?

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

I’ve seen and read a lot of funny stuff in this thread. This is probably the funniest. Thank you.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Data Graham posted:

1992 rear end stock photo

It's still fairly accurate, just replace the tv with an iPad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Solice Kirsk posted:

He only does that, because his parents allow him to do that.

Watching American movies where children don't eat bread crusts, and are literally terrified of vegetables is just bizarre.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
You will become fed up with the child screaming long before the child becomes fed up with screaming.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Is that the kid from Long Dark Teatime of the Soul?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Elfface posted:

You will become fed up with the child screaming long before the child becomes fed up with screaming.

Exactly. Kids have so little power. Food is one area they can exert control, and they take it.

Also your parental instinct and deep need to see your child eat something, anything, will destroy you.

And the grandparents will immediately ignore your wishes and load the kids up with nothing but McDonald's and candy anyway, so the kid knows all he has to do is hold out for Grandma.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Elfface posted:

My parents certainly didn't. I got a plate of food and if I didn't eat it I went hungry and if I whined I lost TV privileges. Sure I grew up to have crippling anxiety, but I'm active and healthy.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Imagined posted:

Exactly. Kids have so little power. Food is one area they can exert control, and they take it.

Also your parental instinct and deep need to see your child eat something, anything, will destroy you.

And the grandparents will immediately ignore your wishes and load the kids up with nothing but McDonald's and candy anyway, so the kid knows all he has to do is hold out for Grandma.

Ah, so it's American boomers who are to blame. My mother wouldn't even give her grandchildren sweets without their mother's approval. Although, I have to say, standards are getting lower with each new child. Still, they are happy to snack on apples and cucumbers, instead of crisps and pastry.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

bike tory posted:

Just put on Blippi and let them at it. It's actually decent.

I have a friend who absolutely hates Blippi with a passion but still lets his kid watch him, cause it's better than the alternative.

I don't know if it's supposed to happen but every time I see this I hear Gogol Bordello.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Can't let this get forgotten:

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Paladinus posted:

Ah, so it's American boomers who are to blame. My mother wouldn't even give her grandchildren sweets without their mother's approval. Although, I have to say, standards are getting lower with each new child. Still, they are happy to snack on apples and cucumbers, instead of crisps and pastry.

Yep, weak-willed parents. Mine wouldn't let me leave the dinner table until I finished my cabbage, while the rest of the family went and watched a rented movie. 25 years later and now I love the stuff - coincidence???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MrXmas posted:

Yep, weak-willed parents. Mine wouldn't let me leave the dinner table until I finished my cabbage, while the rest of the family went and watched a rented movie. 25 years later and now I love the stuff - coincidence???

Probably. Forcing someone to consume something against their will isn’t actually an effective way of getting them to enjoy it.