Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

turn off the TV posted:

is there any reason to bother with hydron anymore when you can do nso

Can't crack relics in onslaught, and Hydron gives a lot more XP than normal onslaught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

can also be stocking up on plastids at the same time

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Noooo, I also missed this window!
Guess the new stuff has to wait a few months, Voidfarming is dire.

I didn't miss the window, but that didn't matter because the window for getting radshares also closed. I was hanging out over several groups last night bullshitting and no one could believe how fast it all got dropped. Like the night before it was constant radshare spam and you were only limited by traces and last night you were waiting like 30 minutes to find someone then another 15-30 to get a full group. A week and a half window to get a prime set done is kind of ridiculous.

I already said I'd whale for Rhino+Nyx due to needing literally everything and not being able to farm fast enough to catch the window, but if I had to do that AND sit in the orbiter for hours trying to complete wukong's stuff I'd never get any sleep.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

wukong is pretty easy but ninkondi and zhuge are kind of a bitch

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yeah, I got Wukong easy enough, but the weapons are evading me.

Also, while farming Nyx and Rhino I managed to get Ash Prime. So, cool.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

sac pressure, berserker, drifting contact, blood rush
whatever two elems you feel like, organ shatter, sac steel

you need to forma it 5 times to mastery it, everything will fit

Did go for this build after fiiiinally geting all that grinding done and it's...surprisingly working pretty well! Made it to 40 rounds of Arby and it's still killing really fast.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is there a tolerable way to farm Manic? Need some Ash Regular systems

My grind spot of choice is Ophelia. Grineer mission means Manics will come in eventually, and on top of that you can farm a lot of Plastids and get a chance at Condition Overload.

turn off the TV posted:

is there any reason to bother with hydron anymore when you can do nso

Hydron is just a lot more fun for me, and less reliant on getting a couple really good Killframes and full Corpro.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Flytrap posted:

My grind spot of choice is Ophelia. Grineer mission means Manics will come in eventually, and on top of that you can farm a lot of Plastids and get a chance at Condition Overload.

Ophelia is a great mission, but Drekar Manics do not drop Ash parts.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Tulip posted:

Ophelia is a great mission, but Drekar Manics do not drop Ash parts.

Did they change that? Because that's where I got my Ash from. Two Ash sets actually, I was grinding with Nekros.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
How do I get void traces or motes or whatever the void coins are I need to upgrade relics? I see rhino primes in some of these things and I love me some rhino

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you get some just for running relic missions and then more when people pick your item. resource doubler works on traces.

so basically just run some captures or whatever with intact junk relics to build up your traces.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Flytrap posted:

Did they change that? Because that's where I got my Ash from. Two Ash sets actually, I was grinding with Nekros.

No, I got one at Ophelia too.

Drekar Manics are the ones that spawn at Tyl Regor not the ones everywhere else on the planet. DE used some confusing names there since the Drekar Butchers do spawn at Ophelia.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

How do I get void traces or motes or whatever the void coins are I need to upgrade relics? I see rhino primes in some of these things and I love me some rhino

Just run void relic missions. You'll get a few traces just for collecting 10 reactant but you'll get a bonus if your teammates choose the reward from your relic. Choose a relic with Forma as the copper-tier reward. Everyone needs forma.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Going to get a resource doubler soon now that I have Nekros P (Best stuff for him for farming is just lots range and a slash weapon like Stradivar P, right?) Also need to see if I can get a Carrier P Cerebellum to farm easier with him.

I'm having terrible luck getting the Nyx & Rhino P stuff to drop, but eh, hard to complain when I got an Ash P out of it.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Yeah with Nekros just range + despoil if you only care about loot. Use equilibrium or something with life steal (I like Furis, most prefer Life Strike) to make it slightly less stressful that you're self damaging constantly.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Honestly I never notice the damage, it's basically halved with his passive.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

With so many health orbs popping up around Nekros I never really notice the drain either. The drain from Despoil is mitigated by efficiency too so it can end up costing almost no health.

Ephemerous
Jul 31, 2003

Efficiency lowers the health drain. Something like Fleeting Expertise makes a Despoil focused build a lot better imo. (That with the health => armor mod from Simaris makes you pretty beefy.)

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Nekros can tank efficiency but that affects in turn the amount of health used by Despoil. It's not really noticeable down to about 70-75% efficiency, you'll get enough from Desecrate to compensate. It's also possible to compensate for lower efficiency by not increasing range to very high levels.

Shield of Shadows quite a bit, it's great for very high level missions since you get 90% DR, the Shadows have very high aggro, act as meat shields and also dish out a ton of damage. But given how much confusion they cause, it's best reserved for missions like excav arbys and the like where you want them to soak up enemy attention.

Strength is the key stat for an SoS build and that's where the tanked Efficiency and unmaxed Range went; used to run enough Stength to get a 2.8-3x multiplier for the shadows, but dropped it to lower levels more recently when adding Health Conversion back in for those arbys.

SoS + Health Conversion: 98% DR, though HC is mor one-shot prevention than a constant DR source.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nekros has really high shields, meaning you can shieldtank with him fairly effectively if you use adaptation and redirection.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
If you're just going to go farm ocells or argon or whatever, then yeah Despoil and Adaptation. If you're going to sit in one spot farming toroids, then Despoil plus SoS. Either way you're going to be pulling so many health orbs out of corpses that survival is more or less just moving and killing.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Here's my current Nekros arbys build: https://tennoware.com/warframes/nekros/12033021000d305p4050a08j005a208w805c610e103u403w60500000000

Shield of Shadows with Vitality, Adaptation, Health Conversion so it's very, very tanky. But you don't sacrfice much from your abilities. With a 10-pip Blind Rage - mine's at 8 pips there - stats are Duration 100%, Efficiency 75%, Range 145%, Strength 214%. That gives Shadows 214% health / 321% damage boosts, which is very considerable especially if you're upgrading them by rotating every 10 mins or so.

Range at 145% is well more than good enough. As Mailer says above, Nekros should be very mobile to pick up all the dead. That also gets around Desecrate's annoying 3 second startup wait if you run out of corpses, just keep moving to where new corpses are.

Pumping Duration will let Shadows live for 50 secs instead of the 33 secs at Duration 100. I used to run Primed Continuity for that but dropped it since Zenurik bubbles will keep you topped up easily enough (and trigger your arcanes at the same time).

Nekros needs very little energy as a rule even if you tank Efficiency, so Equilibrium while tempting and common isn't required once you have other sources of energy. This is even more so if you're not running SoS, which is the highest energy sink ability.

Creeping Terrify can be fun as well and can be swapped into this build for SoS since it too benefits from Strength.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Wait, low EFF with Nekros causes his loot skill to cost more health? Well poo poo, that explains a lot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it doesn't matter how much strength you have, shadows will never do any significant damage because of how enemy damage calculations work. i stopped using shield of shadows once i got health conversion. shadows are annoying as hell for everyone and you can get the durability elsewhere now. if you want to be tankier still there's also adaptation.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1151887532860137472

I mean to be fair a Frost with a catchmoon would pretty much walk in like he has the keys.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Faction: Grineer
Level: 4-6

lol

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it doesn't matter how much strength you have, shadows will never do any significant damage because of how enemy damage calculations work. i stopped using shield of shadows once i got health conversion. shadows are annoying as hell for everyone and you can get the durability elsewhere now. if you want to be tankier still there's also adaptation.

Adaptation is not as good as straight 90% DR - it's a very good mod and top-tier but is quite situational in when it shines best.

Shadows are situational too but have unique abilities found almost nowhere else: aggro and meat shielding can be great when you're very deep in some mission. That's in addition to the 90% DR which is the main reason to use them.

Agreed on Shadows being annoying when being run in general missions where they're not needed.

But as I mentioned this is all for higher level, go long stuff, not for everyday run a node or mission stuff.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

shadows are high priority targets so they pull aggro like crazy which can be useful.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

DOMESTIK DRONES BUNDLE
Add one of five new Domestik Drone variants to your Orbiter for a little variety, or pick them all up for maximum Domestik diversity! Keep the Orbiter in spotless condition with the latest in Corpus sanitation technology.

who cares about new weapons we know what the real star of the show is

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Put Arcane Pulse on your Nekros and you can dump efficiency, live forever, and heal your teammates.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
pulse is super cheap because it's only good for a handful of frames, too.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the new roombas are nice but i might hold out for a halloween one with a witch hat or a christmas one. they have to do it right?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Awesome! posted:

who cares about new weapons we know what the real star of the show is

shy's gonna go bankrupt

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

shy's followers gonna go bankrupt

ftfy

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The roomba bundle is the best plat i've spent in a long time. I hope shy takes precautionary ear protection measures.

The other stuff is pretty fine, i guess

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the twitch drop for watching prime time tonight is a 3 day credit booster

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Awesome! posted:

the twitch drop for watching prime time tonight is a 3 day credit booster

watching what?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its a weekly-ish twitch stream they do. watch the warframe twitch channel for 30 minutes starting at 7 eastern tonight.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
also make sure you're actually logged into twitch

unlike me when the Lotus Ephemera was a thing

:smith:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Awesome! posted:

its a weekly-ish twitch stream they do. watch the warframe twitch channel for 30 minutes starting at 7 eastern tonight.

oh, im going out for chicken wings with some co workers tonight so I guess I miss out, w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Anyone know what the new shock pistol does? It looks like a cool Fallout gun.