Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
And now (Final MUA3 character spoilers!) Thanos has been leaked as our final playable character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Except the only Nintendo games called first party are usually the ones made by Nintendo themselves. Who made BotW, Smash, and the various Mario main title games?

I don't know anyone who calls Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, TLoU or Spider-Man first party games. Maybe Pokemon though, but not the others.

Smash was made by namco bandai supervised by sora ltd, a group put together just to hire Sakurai. Luigi's Mansion isn't a first party game, yeah ok.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jul 18, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Folt The Bolt posted:

And now (Final MUA3 character spoilers!) Thanos has been leaked as our final playable character.

If anyone is wondering how a villain like Thanos would be playable(while Loki and Magneto are more anti-heroes) all I can say is it makes sense in context.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The icon is really good. A more spaced out version of the box art, maybe a little better than the box art.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 18, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Be aware of spoilers, Walmart released it early per Reddit. You can no longer purchase it there until tomorrow but a bunch of people got their hands on it

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 18, 2019

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

But can couch co-op play with online people?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

^burtle posted:

But can couch co-op play with online people?

Yes.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Sold.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Does Walmart do midnight releases? Are midnight releases still a thing?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

bushisms.txt posted:

No it's a first party game. Disney asked nintendo to make the game, then Nintendo contracted team ninja to make it for them. If it's a "2nd" party game so are Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, the last of us and Spider-Man.

Sony owns Insomniac, so that last one doesn't really count for your analogy.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

By the time i get off work, this will have unlocked. Please add sw-3499-6684-7486 for some late night West coast fun.

Fuzz posted:

Sony owns Insomniac, so that last one doesn't really count for your analogy.

They're independent actually, they made Sunset overdrive.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

By the time i get off work, this will have unlocked. Please add sw-3499-6684-7486 for some late night West coast fun.

They're independent actually, they made Sunset overdrive.

Adding ya even though I won't have the game until whenever USPS comes by tomorrow. Speaking of that, anyone know how Switch games fare in the heat cause it's like a billion degrees here in the Midwest and I may not get to the mail quick.

SW-2678-6527-1004 is me. I may not play online much but we'll see how poo poo I am at some of these bosses. :v:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

In the SA Gamers discord, I have the ultimate alliance channel up (we all played Marvel Heroes and well, we like the Switch too) so if you want to pop in, say hey and group, come on down. I’ll do a safe google sheet too for those who want to throw their player ID poo poo in there too so we can group.

Tomorrow is a big day. I’m pumped to play as some of my favorite chars like (lists all the playable chars).

https://discord.gg/364rsdd and you’ll see the ultimate alliance channel in the switch category. Just mute AND hide any channel you don’t care about. We play video games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Outside of this thread, I don't know anyone who cares about this game. :(

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You’re more than welcome to meet a lot of goons who are interested in it if you want! It’s cool to play with fun and nice people

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

My former coworker, aps4 owner and comic book nerd, consistently talked about how it was 'fair" the new Spider-Man was exclusive but mua3 isn't because several reasons.

He was broke poet, not a console warrior, but it was still really sad

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I honestly had forgotten this was getting released tomorrow. I was busy focusing on fire emblem I'd totally missed this. I reminded all my switch friends too.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

RatHat posted:

If anyone is wondering how a villain like Thanos would be playable(while Loki and Magneto are more anti-heroes) all I can say is it makes sense in context.

In fairness, Thanos has had a few solid runs here and there where he was an unapologetic antihero, most notably in the run-up to the old Annihilation miniseries. It's only been relatively recently that Marvel's reset him back into full-fledged genocide mode in the comics.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I said come in! posted:

My roommate is interested for sure.

Don't go on Reddit. There's spoilers and poo poo everywhere.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

My roommate is interested for sure.

Don't go on Reddit. There's spoilers and poo poo everywhere.

Yup, someone datamined it and found future content

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

What exactly is RPG about this?

This looks fun as hell but will it scratch say... my Diablo loot itch? Or is this something different all together? Additional levels = better moves for example?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

If they hadn't already had Omnipotent Doom as the big bad in MUA1, a game with this engine based on the 2015 Secret Wars would be so perfect.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You’re more than welcome to meet a lot of goons who are interested in it if you want! It’s cool to play with fun and nice people

also play with the former dead game marble hedrons goons :downsrim:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Free post launch update! Play as Colossus and Cyclops (was right) on August 30th!

https://24liveblog.tradingfront.cn/event/2303807503091282346/20190718205819_746170.jpg

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Zelder posted:

Free post launch update! Play as Colossus and Cyclops (was right) on August 30th!

https://24liveblog.tradingfront.cn/event/2303807503091282346/20190718205819_746170.jpg

That's one hell of a ventriloquist act.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Marvel Knights crew got announced

Punisher
Goon Knight
Blade
Morbius

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
:siren:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sesq posted:

Punisher
Goon Knight
Blade
Morbius

Good list

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Nintendo posted all of that on the official Twitter (with pictures), not sure if it's spoiler.

However they also posted that they only showed "a few" of the Marvel Knights characters.

...Does Team Ninja do large DLC packs or something?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Eh, other people were putting tags up, so I played it safe. I personally don't there's anything in the game that justifies spoiling that I've seen, but that's just me.

It sounded like there might be more in the MK pack, but I wasn't sure. I think there might be more than four characters per pack as I suspect the FF pack will also include Doom.

At least now I've got some more folk for Elsa to play with, thematically speaking.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

ThermoPhysical posted:

...Does Team Ninja do large DLC packs or something?

Their main franchise, the Dead or Alive games, are famous for having dozens of alternate costumes per character, and the last couple of DOAs have really leaned into costumes as DLC. IIRC, a "complete edition" of DOA5 would cost you something like US$1200.

If MUA3 really takes off, there probably aren't that many Marvel characters that won't eventually make it in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Howard the Duck.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Gavok posted:

If they hadn't already had Omnipotent Doom as the big bad in MUA1, a game with this engine based on the 2015 Secret Wars would be so perfect.

I would play the poo poo out of that. I think the event was one of my favorite in recent memory.

I also want a game based on the Seige (of Asgard) complete with the evil Avengers. (Although for some reason both the FF and Xmen sat that one out)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Wanderer posted:

If MUA3 really takes off, there probably aren't that many Marvel characters that won't eventually make it in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Howard the Duck.

Sentry, Ares and Taskmaster for me.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

There’s tons of opportunity. The deepest marvel game is somehow on a phone (Future Fight) and they’re over 200 Playable now. Hell, the characters have even more skills in that than this game.

What’s cool is if this DOES get deep support, they could eclipse the Marvel Heroes roster which was over 60 (very deep skill trees though by comparison) but most importantly, a lot of cool level and character opportunity here.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Do characters have unlockable skins to switch between like previous entries?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Booooooo get out, Sentry is one of the shittiest "Heroes" ever

Gavok posted:

Ares and Taskmaster for me.

These however are the excellent choices of a truly cultured individual.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Sesq posted:

Punisher
Goon Knight
Blade
Morbius

Yes

Wanderer posted:

Yes

Gavok posted:

Sentry, Ares and Taskmaster for me.

Yes

Debating picking this up next paycheck vs waiting until next month. Y'all are making that a tough/easy decision...

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

Do characters have unlockable skins to switch between like previous entries?

so far, it seems to be the case that every character only has one alt skin and it is just a palette swap. entirely possible there is more people haven't unlocked yet, but personally i doubt it.)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There’s a preorder bonus for a chef Deadpool skin so it’s not off the table, and previous MUA games used costumes to put in extra characters. Beta Ray Bill was an alternate costume for Thor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

There’s a preorder bonus for a chef Deadpool skin so it’s not off the table, and previous MUA games used costumes to put in extra characters. Beta Ray Bill was an alternate costume for Thor.

I'm not sure if the Deadpool costume is preorder only, I think it's just like the Smash Bros. one where you buy it, you get the costume.