Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

TheBigAristotle posted:

I can't for the life of make out what that last word is

6 different typefaces. What a disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/c70jaw/i_went_to_my_prom_in_a_full_kit_with_jan/

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

This isn't quite as awkward and poo poo as the city one, but its still...

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1145611879806582784

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Strawman posted:

This isn't quite as awkward and poo poo as the city one, but its still...

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1145611879806582784

At least it seems more genuine.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

XBenedict posted:

At least it seems more genuine.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
You think Arsenal fans would be used to getting bummed by now.

Seriously though those people are scum.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

CyberPingu posted:

You think Arsenal fans would be used to getting bummed by now.

Seriously though those people are scum.

gay people?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Gooners

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Maybe he’s just a big brendan rogers fan

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Might also have parents from Swansea and Liverpool. Without the back story I'm not judging that tattoo. It's far from the worst thing I've seen

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Sweet Dreams are made of these
Who is Scott McTominay?
Travel the world for Wan-Bissaka
Everybody's looking for Longstaff

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Strawman posted:

Who is Scott McTominay?

Kill all humanity

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Strawman posted:

Who is Scott McTominay?

Please tell me this didn't pop up in a proposed chants thread.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
For me, at the start of the season all teams start equal with no points....so in that sense, the possibility that we could win the league is the same as all the other clubs so at this stage it ought to be 20-1. As the season progresses, depending on results the odds will change up or down.

Leicester won it against well defined odds and we won the league last season totally against the odds........so in both cases the "odds" were totally wrong.

I strongly feel that in football people get sucked into a mentality that is affected by what people call odds, probablilities, what the stats predict etc etc etc.....whereas in reality football is often very unpredictable.

The odds of winning the league are whatever you want them to be. I just looked up the odds online to see what we were quoted at and I laughed when I saw 2000-1. The last time I laughed at odds was when I saw us 250-1 against to beat Man Utd at CR in 2004.....we won 2-0.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Blue Star Error posted:

For me, at the start of the season all teams start equal with no points....so in that sense, the possibility that we could win the league is the same as all the other clubs so at this stage it ought to be 20-1. As the season progresses, depending on results the odds will change up or down.

Leicester won it against well defined odds and we won the league last season totally against the odds........so in both cases the "odds" were totally wrong.

I strongly feel that in football people get sucked into a mentality that is affected by what people call odds, probablilities, what the stats predict etc etc etc.....whereas in reality football is often very unpredictable.

The odds of winning the league are whatever you want them to be. I just looked up the odds online to see what we were quoted at and I laughed when I saw 2000-1. The last time I laughed at odds was when I saw us 250-1 against to beat Man Utd at CR in 2004.....we won 2-0.

Chelsea fans are really not looking forward to this season huh

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Not the point I know, but shouldn't it be 19/1?

Also, there's no way in hell a home side were 250/1 in a PL game.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Mickolution posted:

Not the point I know, but shouldn't it be 19/1?

Also, there's no way in hell a home side were 250/1 in a PL game.

Yes, thats my favourite bit of that laughably wrong post, even if you had a completely even league pricing every team at 20-1 would give you a summed probability of ~95%. He clarified the 250-1 by saying it was actually 250-1 for 2-0 to Norwich with Ashton to score first, which is just slightly different lol.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

what ever happened to italian norwich fan, did he leave with his idol chris hughton?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

what ever happened to italian norwich fan, did he leave with his idol chris hughton?

He's still there, posting his word salad nonsense. His "tactical masterclass" series has sadly stopped though.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

He clarified the 250-1 by saying it was actually 250-1 for 2-0 to Norwich with Ashton to score first, which is just slightly different lol.

Yeah, figured it was either that or he was wrong. So "the last time he laughed at odds" was fairly accurate and if anything, a little short.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ashton was so loving good :smith:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

ashton was so loving good :smith:

Never forget Sven took loving Theo Walcott to the World Cup instead of Ashton to keep Nike happy. England broke his ankle *and* his heart.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Now the world don't move
to the beat of just one drum
What might be right for Kent
Might not be right for Rhian

A man is born,
with James Milner's feet
Then along comes Klopp
Now he's hot Milner's lungs

It takes Diffr'nt Strokes to rule the world
it takes Mo, it takes -
Diffr'nt Strokes to rule the world

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

There's bending over and then there's bending over. Imagine you own a bakery and the last twelve people who've come into your store and have been scam artists and tricked you somehow. You decide the next person that walks through the door, no matter what, you'll refuse them. The thirteenth person is a starving homeless kid who asks you for some free bread and you refuse because of past bad experiences.

Koscielny is that thirteenth person. We have to make a stand, but not with Kos. Save that for anyone else.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Here comes the Rhian again
Crossing on his head like a memory
Scoring with his head like a Souey motion

I want Klopp with a dozen wins
I want to talk about Liverpool
I want Divi and Ki-Jan Hoever
Is it Rhianing with you?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Not strictly a post but:

https://twitter.com/DeludedBrendan/status/1151409897860472834

Huddersfield are apparently now mayor of a betting shop or something.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

LMAO, are there no regulations for how much of the shirt can be covered in sponsor crap?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

West007 posted:

LMAO, are there no regulations for how much of the shirt can be covered in sponsor crap?

Yes which is why it's almost certainly another really funny Paddy Power prank.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

fat gay nonce posted:

Yes which is why it's almost certainly another 'really funny' Paddy Power prank.

Ftfy

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Not strictly a post but:

https://twitter.com/DeludedBrendan/status/1151409897860472834

Huddersfield are apparently now mayor of a betting shop or something.

parachute payments not enough, eh?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

As everyone already figured out, it was a joke and their actual kit has no sponsor.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

https://twitter.com/Tweetgood_Mac/status/1151591209917472773?s=20

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

:bisonyes:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Maybe it wasn't a mistake and this is a huge gently caress you to Spurs.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

lol

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

quote:

One of the new signings Chopra struggled to get along with was Diouf.

The former Senegal international forward was notorious for his disruptive nature and he has been quite outspoken in his criticism of Steven Gerrard during his time at Liverpool.

His forgettable spell at Sunderland lasted just six months before he was reunited with Sam Allardyce at Bolton having failed to score a single goal for the Black Cats.

"I had heard stories about him and he was as bad as what people said," Chopra revealed.

"I remember one time in the changing room, him and Anton Ferdinand were having an argument. Dioufy pulled out some scissors from his socks and said to Anton: 'come on then, let's have a fight'.

"That went on for a bit and he was that type of character. Dioufy was trying to drive himself out of the club.

"He would tell Ricky he was leaving and Ricky would say that's fine, but nobody has put a bid in for you.

"Dioufy said: 'Tomorrow, I'll be gone. I'll call Uncle Sam.'

"He used to call Sam Allardyce 'Uncle Sam' from his Bolton Wanderers days and Allardyce was manager of Blackburn Rovers then.

"Literally, he was gone that week."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-chopra-talks-sunderland-career-16622219

lmao

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

To use your civilisation analogy, I would say we are similar to the Khmer Empire.

We are slightly isolated geographically from other major powers, but China (London) has always been on the horizon and we have never overshadowed the dominance there.

We have had our moments in the sun (12th century Angkor Wat/1985 Milk Cup), but have never made a huge impact on the global scene

Our rivalry with our neighbour (Siam/Ipswich) is not a cause for international concern, but it means absolutely everything to us

We are an unassuming power, with a large focus on family and community that has the potential to surprise others at times, but are unlikely to compete with the superpowers.

More recently, we have had some very challenging times (Khmer Rouge/relegation in 2009-10), but we have shown a resilience, loyalty and determination to get ourselves back on track

Farming is important to our people

I can't believe I have made a comparison between the Khmer Rouge and League One, but there ya go.