Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
He can't wrangle a single six year old into eating some loving vegetables how the gently caress does he think he's going to handle parliament? Like holy gently caress, talk about a self-own. He's just not ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

priznat posted:

ah good some stupid poo poo to appeal directly to the CPC base who now feel bad because the government told them what to eat

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/canada-food-guide-andrew-scheer-1.5215689

"make milk your drink of choice"

Hand Knit posted:

So much Canadian history is actually cool but gets hidden by the false belief that all Canadian history is boring.

I enjoy this relatively new channel that throws quite a bit of video production at random cool history things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0CPKMIqMeEzyoDrKXLn1Cg

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

quote:

"He was eating toast, would eat bacon, he would eat very plain grilled meats and we couldn't get him to eat much else. And so [we] were really worried about it. Where was he gonna get his calcium and other vitamins? And he loved chocolate milk and he would drink chocolate milk by the tumbler-full," Scheer said.

another victim of the low carb thread.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

thank god our child will drink as much sugary chocolate as he can, where else is he going to get his diabetes from

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
im completely baffled, how do i ensure my child gets calcium and vitamins without milk?????

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
people freaking out that their kids aren’t eating and panicking and feeding them junk is the top mistake for kid feeding no doubt.

just let em get a bit hungrier and they will eat all sorts of healthy stuff ffs.

Chocolate milk is an occasional treat that at least isn’t just empty calories but drat lot of sugar.

I was all excited there was a no sugar added yogurt but the kids don’t really like it :lol:

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Don't they make chocolate milk out of the milk that has too much blood in it? Either way, instead of googling it I'm here to repeat that as if it's true.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

DariusLikewise posted:

im completely baffled, how do i ensure my child gets calcium and vitamins without milk?????

I wish there was some sort of guidelines for nutrition issued by a government agency to help with this, personally

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I wish there was some sort of guidelines for nutrition issued by a government agency to help with this, personally

what, don't you want to make your own decisions? based solely off gut feelings, folk wisdom, and industry propaganda?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you see here on the food pyramid...

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I love how when Scheer says "we have to listen to the science" what he actually means is "how dare they listen to the science instead of agrolobbying"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
wait did i say love i meant to say conservatism is intellectually bankrupt and actively trying to make the world a worse place

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

xtal posted:

Don't they make chocolate milk out of the milk that has too much blood in it? Either way, instead of googling it I'm here to repeat that as if it's true.

lol i tell everybody this, but its all pasteurised after the fact apparently

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

xtal posted:

IRON HELPS US PLAY

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ontario fuckin sucks man

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

THC posted:

ontario fuckin sucks man

What part doesn't?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I remember learning about Louis Reil in grade 4 but he is probably a lot cooler than they made him seem tbh

He killed a man for being racist, makes sense they wouldn't want anyone to live by that idea

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

What part doesn't?

i meant to post that in the other thread re: hamilton but w/e

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

You mean the one that promotes a dying industry that only exists because of subsidies, that upwards of 16% of Canadians cant even consume, and has next to zero proven health benefits?

Edit: oh and is one of the worst polluters in this country.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fashionable Jorts posted:

You mean the one that promotes a dying industry that only exists because of subsidies, that upwards of 16% of Canadians cant even consume, and has next to zero proven health benefits?

Edit: oh and is one of the worst polluters in this country.

Settle down Max

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Another Bill posted:

Settle down Max

I don't get this reference.

gently caress the dairy/cattle industry.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Bernier, he does not like the milk

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Fashionable Jorts posted:

gently caress the dairy/cattle industry.

I NEED MY CHEESE

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Just allow stores here to carry tillamook cheese god
drat it.

I love that stuff

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

Bernier, he does not like the milk

I feel like Max from Sam and Max would also be appropriate.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I love me some cheese and I'm not opposed to government subsidies, but cattle are killing this planet and I feel the money we put into the dairy industry to keep it afloat could be much better served with making fresh fruit and vegetables more available and affordable.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

usa: we would like to dump our hormone filled milk-style product on your market

canada: we would prefer you didn't

can pol: gently caress COWS!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Folks, you love to see it
https://twitter.com/MarcScottEmery/status/1151637447215857664

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkiuAxP9vPM

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

don't lock adults up for smoking a plant, but do lock children up for crossing an invisible line

I am a libertarian. I love liberty

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
The prince of punchability

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Holy loving poo poo I would have never suspected Marc Emery of being anti-Marxist, I always imagined him to be a leftist. But it really makes sense him being a libertarian/conservative chud type thing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

That's probably not the worst thing about him either.

But whatever, he likes pot, that means he's cool, right?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
He's a mega-creep who used to post online how-to guides on how to anally rape your wife/girlfriend

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I thought it was fairly well known he was a complete libertarian shithead but then being in Vancouver we’re more aware of his dipshittery and general creepiness.

priznat has issued a correction as of 03:03 on Jul 19, 2019

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

That's probably not the worst thing about him either.

You'd be right. He's also a pedophile.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Juul-Whip posted:

You'd be right. He's also a pedophile.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not exactly a secret, but in the Epstein way where anyone who doesn't just ignore it goes "well, they're teenagers" or something.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not exactly a secret, but in the Epstein way where anyone who doesn't just ignore it goes "well, they're teenagers" or something.

pedophiles libertarians prefer the word "ephebophile"

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I thought he was quite revered for everything he's done for the weed community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

get arrested a bunch of times while running his mouth?