Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Someone just tell me if I have to skip a page to avoid a gruesome doggo death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kingtheninja posted:

Someone just tell me if I have to skip a page to avoid a gruesome doggo death.

Buddy you might want to skip the whole chapter

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RatHat posted:

Buddy you might want to skip the whole chapter

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some people elsewhere are planning to censor the worst bits apparently; if they do, I'll post a link here for the people who want to avoid some, uh, gruesomeness. This time it's very much not the "bloodlessly shattering like pottery" sort of disintegration the mooks of this arc experienced.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
apparently horikoshi's response to people going "oh shigaraki's family isn't REALLY dead/wasn't REALLY killed by shigaraki's quirk it's just all for one loving with his mind" is to make sure there is zero ambiguity about what happened to them

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blockhouse posted:

apparently horikoshi's response to people going "oh shigaraki's family isn't REALLY dead/wasn't REALLY killed by shigaraki's quirk it's just all for one loving with his mind" is to make sure there is zero ambiguity about what happened to them

Actually, some people actually still think the memories might be fake, due to a weird inconsistency; in the present day and the flashbacks to AFO finding Tenko after the incident, Shigaraki has a mole on his chin, just like Nana does. But in these flashbacks, he doesn't (and often has something blocking his chin from being seen actually, but there are a few moments you get a clear view and it isn't there), even though Nana herself still does, meaning that Horikoshi didn't forget about it.

What this means... Well, I don't know, but, yeah. Your post reminded me of that so I felt like bringing it up.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Gonna be fun to see how the anime handles this.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Roland Jones posted:

Actually, some people actually still think the memories might be fake, due to a weird inconsistency; in the present day and the flashbacks to AFO finding Tenko after the incident, Shigaraki has a mole on his chin, just like Nana does. But in these flashbacks, he doesn't (and often has something blocking his chin from being seen actually, but there are a few moments you get a clear view and it isn't there), even though Nana herself still does, meaning that Horikoshi didn't forget about it.

What this means... Well, I don't know, but, yeah. Your post reminded me of that so I felt like bringing it up.

it would be powerfully stupid if a character's power-up attached to unlocking his repressed memories was actually just a new layer of fake repressed memories

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
after seeing these latest pages, i think shigaraki turned out pretty well, all things considered

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Black silhouettes on Red background.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Oxxidation posted:

after seeing these latest pages, i think shigaraki turned out pretty well, all things considered

:ohdear: might be an understatement. They went all in on this.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

If we get a season 5 it'll depend on the timeslot.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
After seeing these pages I'm no longer certain that Horikoshi won't have Shigaraki kill one of the 1A kids.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Viridiant posted:

After seeing these pages I'm no longer certain that Horikoshi won't have Shigaraki kill one of the 1A kids.

Yeah, whoever said he wouldn't might end up eating crow.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he kills hagakure, totally on accident

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Viridiant posted:

If it happens it's either him or Gigantomachia. You're not gonna see a kid get burned to death or hacked/stabbed to death or beaten to death or something long and gruesome- Shiggy lets you have someone dramatically fall to pieces and instantly disappear without leaving a corpse you have to linger on, and Giganto has the anime-standard blasty power where he can just blow people completely away or instantly blast limbs/chunks off them that can be obscured with gigantic clouds of dust.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Viridiant posted:

Good

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Has the chapter gone up, or are you all looking at the pages pretranslation?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just leaks and poo poo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And not in the bowel issue sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/236/page/1

Quite gruesome warning.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 19, 2019

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
This explains a lot about why All For One picked Shigaraki as his heir to ultimate evil

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

:stonk:

Yeah, that's, uh...

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Horikoshi in interview: One of the issues I had with Overhaul arc was that I felt it was becoming too dark and I didn't really like that so I had difficulties in writing it

Also Horikoshi: writes and draws this chapter

:stonklol:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, definitely waiting for the censored version, I think.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, definitely waiting for the censored version, I think.

It's pretty much just going to be 15 blank pages.

This one's definitely a thing.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I feel like the 'censored version' that still gets the point across would be to read from page 11 onward. That's Shigaraki's turning point from "terrible tragic accident" to "embracing his inner demons."

You already know what happened in those first ten pages, you don't need to go back to see it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
He really went for it with this chapter huh? I feel like this arc in the anime will probably get the chimera ant arc treatment and have to get moved to a new timeslot once things start getting super dark.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jul 19, 2019

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
goodbye face turn shiggy, hello shiggy murdering heroes left and right in two arcs time

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

tweet my meat posted:

He really went for it with this chapter huh? I feel like this arc in the anime will probably get the chimera ant arc treatment and have to get moved to a new timeslot once things start getting super dark.
They did it with HxH, they'll certainly do it with season 5.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Jesus loving Christ

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well, we've been shown.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Welp, that sure was exactly what I expected it to be.

TL;DR on the chapter for anyone who doesn't want to read that.
Shigaraki accidentally disintegrates his dog, then his sister who came outside to apologize, then the rest of his family as the disintegration spreads through the ground. He admits to himself, somewhere between his sister and his mother, that at some point it stopped being an accident, and instead became pent up resentment. Everyone only ever took his father's side. He hated his father. Therefore, he hated everyone. His father is the last to go, his final act being to hit his child with a pole to try and keep him away. Shigaraki grabs his father's face 'with full intent to kill'. On the last page, Shigaraki admits he'd always wished for something like this to happen, and that after he killed his father, the itching stopped.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Back when the Overhaul arc was ramping up, and Magne exploded into pieces, I declared that Hori was embracing his inner HxH grimdark.

Look how far we've come. :kheldragar:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

At this point, I think this arc is going to end with Shigaraki decaying the whole town in one go(while avoiding all his allies).

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
For the anime, this is something we won't have to worry about for years still. This is way too far along to be season 5; there's no chance season 5 doesn't end with the class 1-A vs 1-B stuff. Every arc has had 1 serious arc and 1 non-serious arc. Season 5'll be the Pro Hero/High-End Nomu and Class 1-A vs 1-B stuff. Unless the rest of this arc is also incredibly dark, there's no chance it'll get a new timeslot for what amounts to one episode. It'll be incredibly highly censored, yeah, but that'll be it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Roland Jones posted:

the mole is very much on his chin in this chapter

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So now that Shigaraki remembered that he actually hated his family, you think he's going to stop wearing those hands all over his body?

drjuggalo posted:

goodbye face turn shiggy, hello shiggy murdering heroes left and right in two arcs time

Deku in a few years: Shigaraki was thr coolest guy!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Turns out he was talking about a different Shigaraki who he plays Fortnite with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

the mole is very much on his chin in this chapter

Yeah, that might have been a mistake after all then, the lack of it before.

Rhonne posted:

So now that Shigaraki remembered that he actually hated his family, you think he's going to stop wearing those hands all over his body?

I mean, most of those hands aren't in very good condition anymore anyway. Also, they both symbolically and kind of literally represented fragments of his past holding him back, so now that he remembers everything and has embraced his "purpose" of destruction, he might leave them behind. Heck, he might deliberately destroy his father's hand at this point.