Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I hope they do other canon fodder now at least.

My main wants there are Tengas, Cogs, Troobian/Blueheads/Orangeheads, and Moogers (so I have someone for my Shinkenger to fight).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I just noticed the put the stupid Silver stripes on the helmet.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's probably why it's an exclusive.

They'll release normal Green without the stripes at standard retail

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mateo360 posted:

I just noticed the put the stupid Silver stripes on the helmet.

It's specifically Fighting Spirit Tommy hence the silver stripes, silver morpher (Tommy's is gold normally) and a white holster on the wrong side.

It's kind of impressive that they went so far out of their way to call out all those details.

I'm guessing we'll see the Putty in wider single release later, they just wanted to hedge their bets on the mold by shipping it with A version of the most iconic and popular Ranger design.

Also Jesus Hasbro are getting their money out of the MMPR Green Ranger. Both of the different Armored MMPR Rangers that weren't him, and now Fighting Spirit version. I wouldn't be surprised if they released a Non Dragon Shield variant as well at this point

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Give me the stupid Batlings as a toy, thanks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What is this from?

https://twitter.com/PRToysAu/status/1151960322556563456?s=19

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Go Go. After the original trio left, instead of going to a peace conference, they're apparently on some top secret mission with new Ranger suits.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I didn't really get the complaints people had about the Solar Ranger suit until I saw that helmet. I feel like the only part that works is the visor and the mouth piece. The rest of the costume seems fine at least.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

What is this from?

The reject pile.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The reject pile.

The more at that helmet the more confused I get. What's up with all the lines? Why is one randomly solver? Why is there just a triangle with a jewel on there?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Trailer for BM Season 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3GzG77QWQk

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

I never really kept up with Beast Morphers after the first couple of episodes but I'd be lying if I said I won't be there for the ASJ return

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My DVR sucks and stopped recording it even though I double checked the settings

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I might have asked this before but is power rangers popular with kids?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Jason David Frank walks in wearing a backwards baseball cap and a giant crucifix over his shoulder.

"Hello, fellow children."

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Invalid Validation posted:

Anecdotal, but one of my coworkers has a kid who's all about Power Rangers. Had each season's halloween costume each year, even knew a handful of the older teams.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Not strictly PR-related, but Sailor Moon is close enough and Lizard Wizard needs more praise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ccrpJHpX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AXFLp1Z0aE

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The only way this could be better is if it was the Dic Dub.

or if you really want the Sentai flavoring........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgJttqMr0SI

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 19, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, yeah. Not like on the MMPR days level, but it still draws them in.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

It’ll never be as big as it used to be in the early 90s, but it was also mishandled by several producers and written off until recently.

So basically the same situation as Jurassic Park/World.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Box of Bunnies posted:

I never really kept up with Beast Morphers after the first couple of episodes but I'd be lying if I said I won't be there for the ASJ return

It’s honestly not that bad. No idea when it’s coming back to the US but new English episodes did start airing again in Australia a few weeks ago and can be found floating around online if you really care to look.

If the trailer is anything to go by they appear to have finally dropped that weird practice of tacking on the word “Super” to the second half of a PR series at any rate.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 19, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

It’s honestly not that bad. No idea when it’s coming back to the US but new English episodes did start airing again in Australia a few weeks ago and can be found floating around online if you really care to look.

If the trailer is anything to go by they appear to have finally dropped that weird practice of tacking on the word “Super” to the second half of a PR series at any rate.

Bless you Hasbro. The crossover looks like they're returning to form where they take snippets from the crossover movie and build an episode around it.

In this case it was a crossover with Kyoryuger and guest starring the other Dino sentai

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Xelkelvos posted:

Bless you Hasbro. The crossover looks like they're returning to form where they take snippets from the crossover movie and build an episode around it.

In this case it was a crossover with Kyoryuger and guest starring the other Dino sentai

Super weird to do that as a Beast Morphers episode, seeing as the Go-Busters got super sidelined in that movie, by virtue of it being a an All Dinos Reunion movie first, a Kyoryu movie second, and a Go-Bus movie a distant DISTANT 3rd.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
But this is arguably their last chance at using any of this special as the other teams were part of the hideous “Neo-Saban” era that would rather throw away great events than spend any money on re-shoots.

Daddy Hasbro has been willing to spend (at least in action re-shoots, non-costumed acting will probably never make union) and this special, like the Lightning Collection, is getting nerds back on board. Between Bandai of America being owned so hard by their Japanese branch and PR being so compromised by Saban/executive budgeting, we were reaching a point where “forget about Power Rangers, that’s kids poo poo, real fans watch and buy Sentai” went from a small niche of weeb weirdos to increasingly anyone over 20. That’s a problem if you want a line of Power Rangers figures that target adults with prices higher than what you’d buy a kid for their birthday.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
AH

Magna Defender is so perfect! He looks just like the suit and he doesn't come with Mike's stupid loving face!

I can't tell if his cape is hard plastic or some kind of soft material but I don't care he's so good!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Blessed image.

https://twitter.com/SchrierPaul/status/1153000627510710277

Would totally buy a Bulk and Skull two-pack.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Dawgstar posted:

Blessed image.

https://twitter.com/SchrierPaul/status/1153000627510710277

Would totally buy a Bulk and Skull two-pack.

Agreed, maybe make it a four pack with Squat & Baboo to make it a bit more marketable

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jivjov posted:

Super weird to do that as a Beast Morphers episode, seeing as the Go-Busters got super sidelined in that movie, by virtue of it being a an All Dinos Reunion movie first, a Kyoryu movie second, and a Go-Bus movie a distant DISTANT 3rd.

The history of cross over episodes in PR is bascially that they were all movies that had some of their footage reused for an episode that had nothing to do with the plot of the movie they cut footage from. It doesn't matter how prominent the original team is, just that there was scene they could pull from to pad out the run time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not always though, there are several PR crossovers that contain no Sentai footage at all. For example, Timeranger and Gaoranger never even got a crossover for whatever reason but their Power Rangers counterparts did.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Larryb posted:

For example, Timeranger and Gaoranger never even got a crossover for whatever reason

It’s because Gao had an anniversary movie instead to celebrate Sendai as a whole.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Not always though, there are several PR crossovers that contain no Sentai footage at all. For example, Timeranger and Gaoranger never even got a crossover for whatever reason but their Power Rangers counterparts did.

May I add that it was the best crossover too? Both casts perfectly interact with each other, and it feels like a proper episode instead of just fanservice. Taylor/Eric is basically a canon ship for the crossover, we have Ransik and Nadira fully joining the good guys and Ransik even hitting the end of his character arc, and just...god, it's just so well-written.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

mateo360 posted:

It’s because Gao had an anniversary movie instead to celebrate Sendai as a whole.

God, what I'd kill to see how Big One would go over in Power Rangers.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I could Big One in the comics. With a couple exceptions, Power Rangers still follows the “teenagers know everything / never trust anyone out of high school” that doesn’t allow the rangers to have kind of range that Sentai characters usually do.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Actor who played young Bull in Alien Rangers passed away

https://twitter.com/rangercommandph/status/1154248424239312898?s=21

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

So what's the deal with the new stuff at Go Go?
Where are they? apparently the shattering of the grid caused random people to get PR powers without morphing?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I figure this is maybe the best thread for it (it'd probably get lost in TradGames), but I got my Kickstarter reward for the board game Heroes of the Grid. There's a ton of content and whatnot - probably too much, honestly, but I gave it a playthrough and it really felt like the show in a lot of ways. It's a cooperative game and your Power Rangers feel - well, really powerful. Putties spawn by the dozens but the only problem is their numbers. The monsters are a real threat (though it was funny fighting the Evil Green Ranger with Tommy and Jason w/ Dragon Shield), but if you use the power of teamwork then things are golden. We stomped Lord Zedd to death with the Megazord in the middle of the Juice Bar. It was a lot of fun! Has anyone else played this yet?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/PwrRngrSite/status/1155989086491906051

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

well so far we have
Wave 1: 4 figures
Wave 2: 4 Figures + 2 retail exclusive two packs + 2 retail exclusive single figures= 10 new figures total (12 if we also count the SDCC two pack)

We might be getting some figures soon then we thought.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
But

What is this gibberish

What

What? What is

Why are they

I mean they

What

This doesn't

Why are they