Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
The higher your poll numbers, the closer to the middle you are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I think this is probably a good lineup for Sanders. The only other serious candidate is Warren, and I doubt they'll go negative against each other, at least not this early. So he gets to stay positive and just focus on his platform. Meanchwil the half dozen ghouls on stage will be gunning for him and Warren, calling them too far left, which gives them both more chances to explain their platform.

We also get another chance that the moderators will ask hickenlooper or Williamson about fracking, which would be great considering that one wants to make it mandatory and the other wants to completely ban it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is not good for Bernie. He's not going to attack Warren and there are going to be a lot of shitheads attacking him and it's not going to be a good look.

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

Gripweed posted:

I think this is probably a good lineup for Sanders. The only other serious candidate is Warren, and I doubt they'll go negative against each other, at least not this early. So he gets to stay positive and just focus on his platform. Meanchwil the half dozen ghouls on stage will be gunning for him and Warren,calling them too far left, which gives them both more chances to explain their platform.

We also get another chance that the moderators will ask hickenlooper or Williamson about fracking, which would be great considering that one wants to make it mandatory and the other wants to completely ban it.

Good points but I'm worried that it could be bad for Sanders because of how the media pretends him and Warren are so similar. They could both be talking about similar policies, and I could see her trying to snake around him and one up his policies without directly attacking him, and getting the appluase and favorable media coverage.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Latest news from the Bernie campaign. There's been a pay dispute:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.c17601899fda

quote:

Campaign field hires have demanded an annual salary they say would be equivalent to a $15-an-hour wage, which Sanders for years has said should be the federal minimum. The organizers and other employees supporting them have invoked the senator’s words and principles in making their case to campaign manager Faiz Shakir, the documents reviewed by The Washington Post show.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Day one needs to be a Warren/ Sanders tag team smack down of the centrists.

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

redneck nazgul posted:

I think we need Biden to hold the blue wall, the national polls showing some of the dem nominees leading Trump head-to-head don’t mean anything due to the %$*! Electoral College. Biden is the only one leading the racist-in-chief in WI, MI and PA. That could change of course. His performance in the first debate was awful, he needs to come out strong in the second debate, else it may be the end of his run (which would make most of the people on here happy LOL … I fully get that). IMHO Warren would make the best president due to her policies and stance as a reformer, Harris is clearly the smartest person in the room … or at least the most articulate and the best debater. I’m trying to prepare myself for that monster to win another term and not to not scream in agony for 15 minutes like I did in November 2016, but I hope the 2018 midterms results are a good omen. Despite the electoral college and voter suppression, the dems COULD win … if the base comes out REGARDLESS of who the candidate is. But for now … a vigorous (but not destructive) debate on who we support and why should ensue. Sorry if TL;DR … everyone have a great day!

Bernie can win PA, WI, MI, and even Ohio and Iowa I think

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

gohmak posted:

CNN racist as hell for this

Because it's gonna be all the POC candidates beating the poo poo out of an old white racist?

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

Majorian posted:

Because it's gonna be all the POC candidates beating the poo poo out of an old white racist?

They won't do poo poo

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Awful CompSloth posted:

They won't do poo poo

Yeah they will. Castro needs to break out from the melee so he'll kneecap the frontrunner (still Biden), Harris is going to be playing defense-offense against Biden, Booker is possibly running for Bernie or Warren's VP so he'll be beating up on Biden, Gabbard is definitely going to hit Biden when she gets a word in edgewise, etc.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

This is bad for Bernie (all these young candidates will run circles around him) and worse for Warren (she won't attack Bernie but he won't hesitate to destroy her). CNN really has it out for the progressives here

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

Calibanibal posted:

This is bad for Bernie (all these young candidates will run circles around him) and worse for Warren (she won't attack Bernie but he won't hesitate to destroy her). CNN really has it out for the progressives here

You're my favorite poster on this stupid loving board

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

Yeah they will. Castro needs to break out from the melee so he'll kneecap the frontrunner (still Biden), Harris is going to be playing defense-offense against Biden, Booker is possibly running for Bernie or Warren's VP so he'll be beating up on Biden, Gabbard is definitely going to hit Biden when she gets a word in edgewise, etc.

my prediction is that Biden will come out swinging hard because he's proven to be a deeply fragile man and probably is genuinely angry that 'I WAS OBAMA'S VP!!!!' isn't enough to push him to the finish line. If he does that no one will really need to hit him hard since he'll be self destructing, so we'll just be left with Debate 2 being the 'woops all the POC' debate

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Faustian Bargain posted:

Just caught a Tucker segment at the gym where he's jacking himself off over :airquote: predicting :airquote: that Biden won't win the nomination. How do people watch this regularly?

Gripweed posted:

I also expect a lot of attacks on Sanders. That first night is stacked with shitheads.

They'll try to do the same thing Hillary did and claim Bernie is just promising magical ponies and the like. It won't go over any better this time, because despite what centrists would have you believe, "improvement that barely outpaces continental drift is the best we can ever do, and that rarely" is not a winning platform.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

my prediction is that Biden will come out swinging hard because he's proven to be a deeply fragile man and probably is genuinely angry that 'I WAS OBAMA'S VP!!!!' isn't enough to push him to the finish line. If he does that no one will really need to hit him hard since he'll be self destructing, so we'll just be left with Debate 2 being the 'woops all the POC' debate

I think that would be true if candidates like Castro and Booker didn't so clearly need this to be a win for them. But while Biden will probably draw first blood on himself, the other candidates are going to swoop in to get a piece of him before anyone else does.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Majorian posted:

I think that would be true if candidates like Castro and Booker didn't so clearly need this to be a win for them. But while Biden will probably draw first blood on himself, the other candidates are going to swoop in to get a piece of him before anyone else does.

I could see Booker deciding to use his time to try to attack Bernie in absentia given his recent inexplicable comment on Bernie talking money he wouldn't, and the fact that he's quite dumb.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

mcmagic posted:

This is not good for Bernie. He's not going to attack Warren and there are going to be a lot of shitheads attacking him and it's not going to be a good look.

Also Warren's first debate performance showed that she was effective in communicating a progressive agenda. If Bernie dodders and keeps falling back to his stump speech it will draw an even clearer comparison in her favor.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I could see Booker deciding to use his time to try to attack Bernie in absentia given his recent inexplicable comment on Bernie talking money he wouldn't, and the fact that he's quite dumb.

I actually think Sam Seder called it correctly - given his rhetoric in the last debate, Booker looks like he's running to be either Bernie or Warren's running mate, whichever one wins.

mcmagic posted:

That's not gonna happen dude, come on.:nallears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I actually agree that Booker desperately thinks he's gonna get a job in the Bernie/Warren WH so yea I could see him getting a punch on Biden. He's gotta do something with that manic 'you guys ate the brownies I brought before this right? gently caress just me? poo poo I hosed up' energy and trying to earn some points by suplexing Biden wouldn't be a bad choice.

Castro I think is done, he actually got a nice shank on Beto but Harris sucked all the air out of that and I genuinely think those castro freaks think they're both gonna be president still.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Majorian posted:

I actually think Sam Seder called it correctly - given his rhetoric in the last debate, Booker looks like he's running to be either Bernie or Warren's running mate, whichever one wins.

That's not gonna happen dude, come on.:nallears:

Sure it will because the moderators want rantings and that's how you get them. "Senator Sanders, what's the difference between you and Warren" and no matter his answer the headline will be "Sparks fly at second debate"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
CNN supports “centrists” like Kamala, Biden and such so they made a line up to get the most sparks to get a show and also will try to set Warren and Bernie against each other and my only hope is everyone gangs up and beats on Buttman

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Sure it will because the moderators want rantings and that's how you get them. "Senator Sanders, what's the difference between you and Warren" and no matter his answer the headline will be "Sparks fly at second debate"

Nah, Bernie and Warren are going to be on super-good behavior with one another because neither will benefit from sparks flying. The media would frame it as "sparks flying" if literally nothing else of interest happened, but something more interesting will happen, I guarantee you. There will be more shots fired between the rabid anti-leftists like Hickenlooper and Bernie, or Pete and pretty much everyone else. Those and other moments will be what make the headlines, because CNN will be able to turn those into youtube clips.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea jackasses will frame any amount of "Senator Sanders, don't you think a WOMAN...like senator Warren...should be president?" "No, I want to be president." as 'SANDERS AND WARREN FINALLY CLASH' but both of them are disciplined and old enough to know until Biden dies there's zero benefit in doing body blows for second place.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

oh about the whole pharma donor gotcha?

that'd be a low move, very plausible tbh

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Cant wait for o'Rourke to get slapped down

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Unoriginal Name posted:

Cant wait for o'Rourke to get slapped down

Gently pushing Beto from standing on his podium like people do with cats they dont want on the furniture

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

Gently pushing Beto from standing on his podium like people do with cats they dont want on the furniture

Oh my lord, he's totally going to stand on the podium, isn't he? There's no way he won't.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

gohmak posted:

Day one needs to be a Warren/ Sanders tag team smack down of the centrists.

She is a centrist.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Epicurius posted:

Good, pay them 15 dollars an hour.

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

Lightning Knight posted:

Good, pay them 15 dollars an hour.

They already get paid $20.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Awful CompSloth posted:

They already get paid $20.

?

quote:

The draft letter estimated that field organizers were working 60 hours per week at minimum, dropping their average hourly pay to less than $13.

Oh I see what you’re saying. Still, these are not good conditions and the whole point of the union is to get better conditions.*

*yes I’m aware every other campaign treats their workers even worse but those campaigns are for garbage candidates anyway who should be fired into the sun.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

They offered $6k more and the union had to scuttle it because of our dumbass healthcare lol.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 19, 2019

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Epicurius posted:

Excellent - this is how the campaign gets stronger, better-staffed, and more motivated. (assuming they come to a good agreement, of course)

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

We already knew that. Did you come here to lecture us why it's a good thing?

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

sexpig by night posted:

Honestly I hope he somehow manages to relitigate the busing thing and drag Harris for having... well the same position as he does, actually. Other than that gently caress him.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

We already knew that. Did you come here to lecture us why it's a good thing?

That's the great thing about posts that are nothing but emptyquoting a tweet. Do they support it or not? Why did they even post it? Who knows

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Booourns posted:

That's the great thing about posts that are nothing but emptyquoting a tweet. Do they support it or not? Why did they even post it? Who knows
Rigel is the last Nancy Pelosi defender on this forum so I'll give you one loving guess.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

PenguinKnight posted:

I watched the primary draw so you don’t have to:

I honestly think this is a pretty good lineup for Bernie. Warren & Sanders might not criticize each other but it's an opportunity for Bernie to draw some contrasts (if he's willing to take it up!) Your typical Biden primary voter won't be persuaded by Bernie and Warren talking about progressive policy but they will be suppressed by Harris, Castro, Booker and Gillibrand's attacks on his record. Without Sanders and Warren there, it'll be less about M4A and GND and more about busing.

Also, Michael Bennet has a tiny mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Also, Michael Bennet has a tiny mouth

Turbo Team replaced his regular mouth with a tiny mouth that's only good for farting into