Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Powershift, what’s happening in the first pic. Did it drop from upstairs? Hw heater guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Powershift, what’s happening in the first pic. Did it drop from upstairs? Hw heater guessing.

In places with small bathrooms, stuff is often mounted above the terlet

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

the suishitter

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The only way this could be improved is if they start playing the Daytona USA music when he enters in from off-frame.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Powershift posted:

The Sword of Drycleanes.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Jet Jaguar posted:

The only way this could be improved is if they start playing the Daytona USA music when he enters in from off-frame.

Is he trying to put the fire out by running it over??

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Powershift posted:

Gonna bump my head erry poo poo. So what’s the small white bar upper right?

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Murica!

Whenever you think this loving place has hit bottom you realize there's a lot further to fall.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Burt Sexual posted:

Is it a light?

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

In truckfuckling-adjacent news, this week one of our Ohio drivers saw one of our trailers being pulled by a random owner-operator and called it in- turns out that last week it was stolen from Amazon in Baltimore (Happy Prime day!!!)- he called it in to us and I let the owner of the company know. He instructed the driver to try to safely keep up with him and call the police.

The OO wasn't governed and was going about 80 so our driver lost him, but state PD caught up with him, checked his paperwork, and let him go because Officer Jimbob from Bumblefuck, OH couldn't read our name on the trailer.

Upon hearing this my boss starts calling PDs until he gets the barracks that pulled him over and convinced them to give him the shipper's name. He then calls the shipper and, while cranking up the South Jersey Italian accent to 11, proceeds to threaten them until they give him the consignee. He then redirects our nearest driver to bobtail to the location, block the guy in, and hand him his cell phone so he can threaten the owner-operator until he relinquishes our trailer.

This is the kind of law enforcement one expects in the first world.

Oh wait...

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

Fluorescent light?

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Burt Sexual posted:

Looks like a retractable clothes line to me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucr76IXAi7w&t=327s

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Fake edit: Hell, he could still get into an already chilled car if they just started it, like, as he was leaving whatever place he was at. It's going to take him a few minutes to get outside to the car, so that's plenty of time to get it to comfortable temps.
What if he throws a tantrum and storms out of a meeting? WHAT THEN

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

Prob a collapsible hanging rack

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/K75AnEl.gifv

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Every time I see this gif I am reminded of the fleeting nature of life.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Thumbs up: okay he's given the signal to drive into building! Let's go

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I don't understand how he wasn't cut in two, or at the least crushed horribly beneath the waist

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Butterfly Valley posted:

I don't understand how he wasn't cut in two, or at the least crushed horribly beneath the waist

It's hard to see even frame by frame but I think the car shoves the large black box-looking thing (tool cart? refrigerator?) into him. So there's a uniform flat surface from floor to head height pushing him, instead of a bumper that would concentrate the force unevenly and let parts get under it.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 18, 2019

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

It also shoved him laterally away from the car. Dude probably has some bruises but there is a word of difference between getting hit/ shoved by a heavy object and getting crushed between it and another one.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

No probably about it, he's going to be very sore for awhile.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
gently caress being around cars at all

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Bacon Taco posted:

Murica!

Whenever you think this loving place has hit bottom you realize there's a lot further to fall.

Canada actually. Brampton, Ontario I think. From facebook chatter, the driver is a local character and has needed to be fished out of various ditches and holes.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

duz posted:

No probably about it, he's going to be very sore for awhile.

Round and round it goes! How long will it hold? Nobody knows!

Oh, wait. No it's already gonna collapse.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

jetz0r posted:

The drivers definitely have something to do with it. They're stuck waiting in those cars with the windows up for hours. Doing that without any AC really loving sucks.

But can't the drivers just go inside too?

Or are the buildings these mayors going into not fit for the peons of the world like drivers and security personnel?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The layout of the building that was set on fire in Japan. Roof locked. The circle is a spiral staircase.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

DrBouvenstein posted:

But can't the drivers just go inside too?

Or are the buildings these mayors going into not fit for the peons of the world like drivers and security personnel?

You already know the answer

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
They're probably parking illegally and justifying it by saying they're not "parked" because someone is sitting at the wheel and the key is in the ignition.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

chitoryu12 posted:

The Sword of Drycleanes.

That's one throne I wouldn't want to ascend

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dehry posted:

The layout of the building that was set on fire in Japan. Roof locked. The circle is a spiral staircase.

There’s also a normal staircase, though?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Platystemon posted:

There’s also a normal staircase, though?

I haven’t seen much verified info yet, but the word on the street is that it only had one primary door entrance. Some of the pictures I’ve seen made the windows look really small as well.

Rated stairwells are a thing for a reason.

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Dehry posted:

gently caress
Trapped
Goddammit

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Butterfly Valley posted:

From the looks of his little self patdown neither does he

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Piggy Smalls posted:

Is he trying to put the fire out by running it over??

No, to me it looks like the scooter is out of control.

Here's a good view of the typical mobility scooter controls:

Squeeze the right toggle to go forward, squeeze the left toggle to go backward, don't squeeze either one to stop. The exact positioning of the handlebars and the toggles varies, but that's the basic set up. If you panic and grip tightly with your right hand you are going to go full speed forward, unable to stop until you stop panicking and let go of the control.

People also hang shopping bags and cup holders and all kinds of poo poo on their handlebars. If poo poo on the handlebars moves into the space between toggle and the handlebar it can press on the toggle, causing the scooter to unexpectedly start moving either forwards or backwards. It can take a few seconds to figure out what is happening and react appropriately. The rider might get confused between steering and trying to stop and end up crashing into something.

FYI the safety stop is just to pull the key. Whatever is going on with the toggles doesn't matter if you pull the key.

Beccara
Feb 3, 2005
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/114358110/five-hurt-in-explosion-at-christchurch-house

Gas explosion, Pic's look like it was a decent bang

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dehry posted:

loving hell

33 people died in there

poo poo

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
State of Emergency in Ft. Lauderdale(for like 5 minutes) after the main water line to the city got broken by some subcontractors

https://www.wfla.com/news/thousands-in-fort-lauderdale-experiencing-prolonged-water-outage/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dUBQIL9uLQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Imagine undershooting and landing in the middle of the peloton.