Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm so into making levels in Mario Maker that I feel like if I'm not making some inspired level I'm wasting my time. Heeeeeeelp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hate that Kamek can't fly in 3D World. They levitate so I was under the impression they could but nope- they just fall to the ground and slightly hover there.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
I mentioned my level before but didn't post the code. Here it is:

Companion Platform

VP9-WH7-BQG

You have to keep up with a falling platform and use it to progress. I was aiming for an expert-level difficulty but the clear rate is hovering around 1.5% so I think I messed up.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I hate that Kamek can't fly in 3D World. They levitate so I was under the impression they could but nope- they just fall to the ground and slightly hover there.

maybe... if there's a yoshi's island theme in our future...

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Holy poo poo, I just came home to a massive notification blitz and noticed this happened:

https://twitter.com/JeffTMBG/status/1151961209702215680

So that blew up. This was a remake of my first Mario Maker 1 level which for comparison had 1009 plays and 132 stars for the entire life of that game.

That should help offset the general public's reaction to this thing here:

J-Spot posted:

Elsa Spiderman Mario Adventure Time Fidget Spinners Buried Alive (for kids)
Course ID: 52R-0PB-3YG
Difficulty: None
Multiplayer Friendly?: You'll never have friends

Wendell
May 11, 2003

J-Spot posted:

That should help offset the general public's reaction to this thing here:

Laughing at this!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

How long does it normally take to make a level? I tried it for the first time last night and I sort of have decision paralysis. Plus the controls are not very intuitive when you're starting out...

Depends on the length and complexity. I can put together a bland, 2-1 style level in 30 minutes, and the more polished levels Ill put closer to 6 hours of building and polishing (looking at you, autoscrollers!!)

The best bet to break paralysis is to pick how you want mario to move around the level (hold right and jump? precise, careful jumps? lots of back and forth movement?), a couple of enemies, and a gizmo, and just throw stuff on the course messing around with those elements. When I do this I almost never get a producible level, but loving around like that is what gives me the ideas for other stuff.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

ryde posted:

Companion Platform

VP9-WH7-BQG

You have to keep up with a falling platform and use it to progress. I was aiming for an expert-level difficulty but the clear rate is hovering around 1.5% so I think I messed up.

This is a really cool idea but yeah, it's firmly in super expert territory. You pretty much have to fail each section to know what's coming, and even then the timing is very demanding and there's some stuff that probably should have been omitted if that was your target difficulty (the spinies on the slope under the two-way blocks for one, I can't get through that section quickly enough to slide into them). I gave it a real go but I just can't do it.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Not a Jam level, in fact this one was supposed to be pretty difficult, it's a Ghost House course I've been spending a few days on and off getting together:

Haunted Hall
CYK-KDX-04G

It's actually a slight remake of a Ghost House course I did in MM1, with some new tricks and traps.

I'm not always big on ghost houses but this was really good.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Here's my entry for the third jam!

Board the desert train and change tracks with the switch (or don't) for a different challenge! Just watch out for sudden explosions in:

Boom Boom's Railway Blast
3YF-SK2-WHF

Cool but I died at Boom Boom and there was no checkpoint so it shall stay at 0 clears for now.

Rollersnake posted:

Reuploaded after fixing a badly placed power-up, and tweaking one of the puzzle rooms and the boss fight. The boss fight is better than in my first uploaded version, in which it was too easy because I overcorrected from my original idea being obnoxiously hard (there were originally no platforms). And since the boss fight was the main reason I made this level to begin with, I'm much happier with it as a whole now.

I was wondering why this level had such a low clear rate until I got to the "better" version of your boss fight which honestly ruined an otherwise good level for me. You at least need to put another tiered power up outside the door, preferably with a Fire Flower. Everything else was great and I'm sure this will be the highlight of many a super expert run but after so many attempts running the gauntlet between the checkpoint and the boss door only to fail again I just couldn't go on.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 19, 2019

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

No but I can help out with this!

The edge of each screen is what the black borders are on the tiles in creation mode. The thicker lines. You can get a feel for how much room you have using those as a guideline.

Scroll Stop is a godsend but also has a pretty heavy limitation. It will only stop scrolling one way. Not both, and if your stage is vertical or horizontal it'll determine which one gets more priority.
-If it's Horizontal you can't cause screen scrolling to halt from climbing upwards, even if you create a perfect ceiling. It'll prioritize the vertical wall first.

-If it's Vertical and you have a ceiling, it'll cause the screen scroll to stop when climbing but you can't cut the map in half if you do this.

-On Horizontal levels the scroll stop is already in effect as if there was a low ceiling. If you don't put any course elements above the top bold line in creation mode the camera will only slightly rise higher than what's below it (think Mario 1's shortcut to the warp zone where you could only see Mario's feet)

This is inaccurate, you can scroll lock in both directions at once, but you have to have a wall across the entire level length/width for it to work. Doing something like breaking blocks in that wall will break the lock for the entire length of the wall (in case you have two one-screen rooms stacked on top of each other)

e: One interesting thing is how horizontal locks work with the pseudo-vertical lock mentioned in the last point. If you have a wall going up to the first thick line, itll count as a scroll lock wall and you cant walk across it, but you can stand on the edge of it. If you delete/break a single block in that wall, it breaks the horizontal lock and you can walk across the top. If you put anything (including enemies) above the thick line anywhere along the level, it breaks the lock in both directions.

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 18, 2019

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Hey there thread! I got this game and it's real cool. After one proof-of-concept kind of thing I've made my first earnest attempt at a level and I'd love for some feedback. My aim was to make something that'd feel like a level from an actual Mario game, rather than exploring all of the really cool experiments that MM opens up for. Basically just trying to get fundamentals in order before diving into the deep end. It's a little long, though if you're speeding for the flag probably not obnoxiously so.

In particular, it was a huge exercise in getting the camera to behave the way I wanted it to. I'm also still trying to get a feel for hiding secrets and the like. I want there to be an incentive to explore without it feeling too obnoxious. Please let me know what you think of Minor Miner!

FXD-K38-HNG

And now I can check out some of the rad poo poo y'all have been posting...

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Alakaiser posted:

Hey there thread! I got this game and it's real cool. After one proof-of-concept kind of thing I've made my first earnest attempt at a level and I'd love for some feedback. My aim was to make something that'd feel like a level from an actual Mario game, rather than exploring all of the really cool experiments that MM opens up for. Basically just trying to get fundamentals in order before diving into the deep end. It's a little long, though if you're speeding for the flag probably not obnoxiously so.

In particular, it was a huge exercise in getting the camera to behave the way I wanted it to. I'm also still trying to get a feel for hiding secrets and the like. I want there to be an incentive to explore without it feeling too obnoxious. Please let me know what you think of Minor Miner!

FXD-K38-HNG

I liked it. It was fun to travel through and for the most part was a consistent theme, no unfair gotchas or anything like that. If I have any actual advice to impart, I would say that some of your transition areas are a bit claustrophobic, which didn't seem to be for lack of space? Mario's core gameplay is running and jumping, so simple hallways with a few coins feel better than a utilitarian door to pipe kind of room.

Also, I may be the only one with this particular nitpick, but I always try to give three blocks space under question blocks. At two, when you're big the jump barely moves and it makes the timing feel off, particularly multi-coin boxes. Three feels right to me? (Again, this might be my own weird nitpick.)

Good luck on your future levels!

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

J-Spot posted:

This is a really cool idea but yeah, it's firmly in super expert territory. You pretty much have to fail each section to know what's coming, and even then the timing is very demanding and there's some stuff that probably should have been omitted if that was your target difficulty (the spinies on the slope under the two-way blocks for one, I can't get through that section quickly enough to slide into them). I gave it a real go but I just can't do it.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess my mental picture of Expert vs Super Expert is skewed by having watched Mario streamers far too much.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

NofrikinfuN posted:

If I have any actual advice to impart, I would say that some of your transition areas are a bit claustrophobic, which didn't seem to be for lack of space? Mario's core gameplay is running and jumping, so simple hallways with a few coins feel better than a utilitarian door to pipe kind of room.

Ha, in a way this means I accomplished one of my goals. The secret is that there is virtually no space for me to move any terrain at all. Everything is very very very tightly placed so that the camera never moves into other directions to reveal things I don't want revealed. That's also why some of the ceilings are low too. A few spots they're intentionally low to try to push you into using long jump, since I wanted to make sure I was utilizing as many 3D world tools as I could. I really don't know very much about 3D world so it was fun to explore its movement options.

Good call on the question blocks. I had actually moved some of them too. I was a bit too eager to upload I think. There's only one spot where I have them intentionally low, early on in that middle segment.

Related: I really wish I could give outdoor areas a cave feeling like you can in other styles but 3D world gives you nothing to work with. :smith:

Q_res posted:

You know what, yeah it'd be worth it.

Boom Boom's Unpaid Power Bill v2

R7W-H5S-9XG

So I haven't beaten this yet because I'm awful at platforms but I really like the schtick of the buzzy beetle kind of guiding you along at the start of the level. I keep dying to it on the swingback once I drop down since I can't really establish how far it's going to go before bouncing back. The premise is neat though! I'm somewhat willing to put up with more nonsense than I usually am because I love the idea.

One bit of critique: right at the start with the P switch you do a -lot- of waiting around for it to revert. I'd recommend putting in something like a ten-coin block to give the player something to do while they wait. Sometimes it can really help with pacing if you're just doing something as idle as hitting a thing a bunch while you're waiting for the level to catch up to you.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

J-Spot posted:

I was wondering why this level had such a low clear rate until I got to the "better" version of your boss fight which honestly ruined an otherwise good level for me. You at least need to put another tiered power up outside the door, preferably with a Fire Flower. Everything else was great and I'm sure this will be the highlight of many a super expert run but after so many attempts running the gauntlet between the checkpoint and the boss door only to fail again I just couldn't go on.

Fair enough. I didn't want to give a fire flower because it trivializes Bowser, and I wanted a variant of the actual Mario 3 Bowser fight, where he's essentially a puzzle boss you have to manipulate into defeating himself. I had more icicles over the platforms in my first uploaded version, and it was as simple as walking under a platform and waiting. :effort: That's still basically the approach you want to take, but it's a bit more work to position him for a hit, and it only takes 6.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 19, 2019

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

I've never made a level before, but I needed a break from copywriting and decided to knock something together.

The Molethership
HRM-02B-0VG

It's probably a little tricky, but most of the traps you can see coming, I'd say? I dunno, I'd appreciate some feedback.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Adept Nightingale posted:

I've never made a level before, but I needed a break from copywriting and decided to knock something together.

The Molethership
HRM-02B-0VG

It's probably a little tricky, but most of the traps you can see coming, I'd say? I dunno, I'd appreciate some feedback.

It is tricky, but it includes a checkpoint and it's mercifully short. A little chaotic, but it looks good and offers multiple paths. That claw path tho

The only real knock against it is that rocky is a huge pain in groups. It's as random as a hammer bro and the wrench travels the length of the screen, annoyingly slowly at times. But, challenge comes from many places. I liked it and I look forward to ruining your next clear rate as well!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Alakaiser posted:

So I haven't beaten this yet because I'm awful at platforms but I really like the schtick of the buzzy beetle kind of guiding you along at the start of the level. I keep dying to it on the swingback once I drop down since I can't really establish how far it's going to go before bouncing back. The premise is neat though! I'm somewhat willing to put up with more nonsense than I usually am because I love the idea.

Thanks for the input. Actually if I was to make a suggestion, it would be not to kick the beetle shell to the right at all.

The repeatable coin block you could only hit while that P Switch was active is a great idea and I wish I had thought of it.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Oh hey, hi! I really like playing through the levels you all have created and well, I decided to join the like 5 other people who do this and stream the levels out as I play and talk about them. Will it be insightful? Sure probably!

So come on down for some low rent streaming! Maybe it'll be at 30 FPS!

In all seriousness, I plan on doing a hour or so every Tuesday and Thursday since I'd like to play more of everyone's levels, and this seems like a good excuse. After I get done streaming I'll post the level codes as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Control Volume posted:

This is inaccurate, you can scroll lock in both directions at once, but you have to have a wall across the entire level length/width for it to work. Doing something like breaking blocks in that wall will break the lock for the entire length of the wall (in case you have two one-screen rooms stacked on top of each other)

e: One interesting thing is how horizontal locks work with the pseudo-vertical lock mentioned in the last point. If you have a wall going up to the first thick line, itll count as a scroll lock wall and you cant walk across it, but you can stand on the edge of it. If you delete/break a single block in that wall, it breaks the horizontal lock and you can walk across the top. If you put anything (including enemies) above the thick line anywhere along the level, it breaks the lock in both directions.

Huh, when I was making my Deku Tree level it wouldn't let me no matter how I tiled it off so I would up giving up. Guess I'll have to look at it again later.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I've had no time for Mario Maker 2 this week, but I did a jam level:

Penny Playground
FJV-3KW-BKG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And with that, my first stream is done! Thanks to the five or so who jumped in and watched. Hopefully some of the more annoying tech issues will be ironed out by Tuesday.

Levels played:

B9K-SFD-2KG Saw 5: Luigis mean machination by Defenestra

C4x-R78-YQF Orbhurler by idgi

KFP-JQ1-FVF Bowser on trial for his crimes by letshugbro

74R-8PD-DHF Blackout Basement by Rogue_Mill

#380 YPG-VRB-31H 2-2 Snake block on the clock JazzmanZ

#256 H4T-SXS-G5G Don't P In the Pool by CatboySlim

#362 RG4-DSX-2RF Ice Cave in The Sky by GI_Cluch

#788 S47-BMM-FK6 Dozy Dunes by TehLobster

Due to my terrible handwriting, some of the codes I wrote down were incorrect, so 3 stages are missing. I plan on making sure that doesn't happen again.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

OneMoreTime posted:

And with that, my first stream is done! Thanks to the five or so who jumped in and watched. Hopefully some of the more annoying tech issues will be ironed out by Tuesday.

Levels played:

Due to my terrible handwriting, some of the codes I wrote down were incorrect, so 3 stages are missing. I plan on making sure that doesn't happen again.

Sorry I couldn't stick around for this, I can't use Twitch unless there are options to reduce the stream bitrate or it just buffers over and over. I will try to catch your next one.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Here it is ladies and gents, the full version of my hardcore kaizo course

Rocky Balboa Express
926-JKD-4VF

This took quite a bit to upload, and I'm proud of the design, so please give it a shot, even if you don't think you are skilled or patient enough to clear it. The first section in particular is fun and rewarding when played properly. Rember your 2D world tech; it is necessary from the first few seconds. Up and z sets you up for a high jump, z in the air twirls, and down + z rolls.

Also, be sure to like it if you play, even if only for a glimpse. It will probably get booed and skipped over and over for difficulty reasons cause it's hard as balls and I don't have the fan base of popular kaizo makers like Panga.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

zfleeman posted:

I went back and watched some of the Summer GDQ mario-based streams, and I can't believe how into some of the kaizo videos I got. Makes me want to be that good at mario. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY0HnqnYMO8

Hey, so, I know that everyone said that they hate kaizo after I posted this, but I kept watching kaizo videos, and it inspired me to make something short and difficult. idk if it fits the 'kaizo' description well, but eh.

ZFLEEMAN KAIZO 01
FJ4-QN5-0HG

You'll need to know how to do a shell jump. It was interesting making this with the mindset of, "hm... how can I make this a pain in the rear end?"

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

OneMoreTime posted:

Levels played:

Oh, I'm sorry I missed your stream! Do you have a highlights or archived version?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

zfleeman posted:

Hey, so, I know that everyone said that they hate kaizo after I posted this, but I kept watching kaizo videos, and it inspired me to make something short and difficult. idk if it fits the 'kaizo' description well, but eh.

ZFLEEMAN KAIZO 01
FJ4-QN5-0HG

You'll need to know how to do a shell jump. It was interesting making this with the mindset of, "hm... how can I make this a pain in the rear end?"

I can't do shell jumps in maker 2 yet, but it fits the definition of kaizo OK. The most basic definition is that something kaizo can only be completed in one way, and is often a 'soft' autoscroller, even if the level doesn't scroll - that is to say, if you linger too long or mess up you'll need to take a death.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

The Lobster posted:

I'm so into making levels in Mario Maker that I feel like if I'm not making some inspired level I'm wasting my time. Heeeeeeelp.

Haha, don't worry about it. Just make if you want to make, or don't if you don't. I'm not feeling super inspired, so here are some level reviews from this page:

ryde posted:

Companion Platform

VP9-WH7-BQG

Yeah, this is extremely difficult. It requires very quick action through a lot of deadly obstacles. I gave it about 15 lives, and the farthest I got was just past the first icicles. I guess I was supposed to jump on that flying Koopa, kick a shell into an on/off switch, and then drop down a hole. But I didn't do that, so I got stuck. The level seems well designed, so maybe people who like hard levels will like it, but I really can't offer much feedback. Whenever you have a lot of precise, rapid-paced challenges in a level that will kill you if you mess up even once, don't expect a high clear rate. But hey, maybe that's what you want!

Alakaiser posted:

FXD-K38-HNG

Nice job for a first level. It was fun to dig down into the ground, and I saw some secret passageways that I was just a little too slow to get to. A couple comments: Like 'nofrickinfun' mentioned, some of parts of the level felt a little too closed-in; feel free to give people some space to jump around. Also, this might be a personal preference, but I'd recommend having no more than one boss fight in a level unless you have a really good reason. Still, it was cool!

Adept Nightingale posted:

The Molethership
HRM-02B-0VG

This was a tense level, and pretty hard! I managed to beat it, but it took me ~10 tries. In general, it was really well-designed! It could stand to have a few more powerups (one at the beginning, at least) and a few less enemies, though. Monty Mole wrenches can be hard to dodge, so a few can go a long way. Usually, other people will find your levels harder than you do, so it's okay to make things slightly easier.

Random Stranger posted:

I've had no time for Mario Maker 2 this week, but I did a jam level:

Penny Playground
FJV-3KW-BKG

Fun level, and probably good for kids. (Grabbing coins is fun for everyone, though!) The thing that impressed me the most, though: For the moment, you have achieved the mythical 100% clear rate. 12 plays, 12 clears! You even have enemies and an objective that takes a minute or two to complete! I screen-capped it for posterity (since it won't last):

Congrats! I'm curious to know: Once this level gets out into the wild a bit more (at, say, 100 plays), what do you think the clear rate will be? Above or below 50%?

BabyRyoga posted:

Here it is ladies and gents, the full version of my hardcore kaizo course

Rocky Balboa Express
926-JKD-4VF

This took quite a bit to upload, and I'm proud of the design, so please give it a shot, even if you don't think you are skilled or patient enough to clear it. The first section in particular is fun and rewarding when played properly. Rember your 2D world tech; it is necessary from the first few seconds. Up and z sets you up for a high jump, z in the air twirls, and down + z rolls.

Also, be sure to like it if you play, even if only for a glimpse. It will probably get booed and skipped over and over for difficulty reasons cause it's hard as balls and I don't have the fan base of popular kaizo makers like Panga.

Disclaimer: I am not a kaizo person, and I also don't have much experience with the spinning moves you mentioned in your post. Honestly, I didn't even know how to do the roll until you mentioned it. With that said, this is an extremely tough level. I gave it perhaps 30 lives, and only got past the first thwomp twice. I found the initial spin/wall jump move really tough. After getting on top of the first set of thwomps, I guess I'm supposed to do a high spin jump and wall jump on the second set of thowmps, but my fingers just weren't willing. Are there specific kaizo communities? If so, definitely tell them about it, because it's definitely too tough for casual Mario players like me. Anyway, nice work. I gave you a like.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

The Lobster posted:

Oh, I'm sorry I missed your stream! Do you have a highlights or archived version?

Nope! First time streaming on twitch so didn't know you had to enable to option to archive your streams. I will say I did like you level though!

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DorianGravy posted:

Disclaimer: I am not a kaizo person, and I also don't have much experience with the spinning moves you mentioned in your post. Honestly, I didn't even know how to do the roll until you mentioned it. With that said, this is an extremely tough level. I gave it perhaps 30 lives, and only got past the first thwomp twice. I found the initial spin/wall jump move really tough. After getting on top of the first set of thwomps, I guess I'm supposed to do a high spin jump and wall jump on the second set of thowmps, but my fingers just weren't willing. Are there specific kaizo communities? If so, definitely tell them about it, because it's definitely too tough for casual Mario players like me. Anyway, nice work. I gave you a like.

I typically just try to send levels like this one to various streamers and post them on discords. I don't know of other places like here that have spreadsheets and or collections of levels.

There is a clear of the first section of this level in my Twitch highlights (twitch.tv/fail_snail), but it is a slightly older version, for anyone who wants to see what it is supposed to look like.

Crass Casualty
May 9, 2004
The artist formerly known as Iron Stalin
I just finished a new level.

The House of Leaves
ID: 9GG-H0G-F6G

I tried to do something a little more atmospheric here. There are some tough enemies and some light maze running. Let me know what you all think.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

I typically just try to send levels like this one to various streamers and post them on discords. I don't know of other places like here that have spreadsheets and or collections of levels.

There is a clear of the first section of this level in my Twitch highlights (twitch.tv/fail_snail), but it is a slightly older version, for anyone who wants to see what it is supposed to look like.

I watched part of your video, and holy cow! That's incredible, and I'm impressed how consistently you can do most of the moves (although stringing it all together is still tough, I guess). Yeah, I don't know anything about kaizo communities. If anyone here has ideas about places to share levels like this, feel free to make suggestions! Or maybe there are some experts players here who could give it a go.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Man I hate having a great aesthetic idea for a level but not being able to come up with compelling gameplay to go with it.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Tried to make an aesthetically pleasing short speedrun level that flows well. It requires that you do a couple of long jumps, but otherwise shouldn't be too difficult. Entering it into the jam because it's exactly the sort of thing I would've liked as a kid. :v:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I made a joke level because what's Mario Maker without a good joke level now and again?
It might not be good either

Fort 1-E Area 6 Stage 9
CF1-WR4-HNG

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Break into Bowser's tank factory, traverse the sewers, and destroy the secret Koopa weapon before it's unleashed on the Mushroom Kingdom in:

Assembly Line Assault
FS0-V2L-4HF

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Crass Casualty posted:

I just finished a new level.

The House of Leaves
ID: 9GG-H0G-F6G

I tried to do something a little more atmospheric here. There are some tough enemies and some light maze running. Let me know what you all think.

I won't be able to play this until around the 30th, but holy poo poo, a House of Leaves level? gently caress yeah, I'm down. Is there a 5 and a half minute hallway anywhere in it?

Know some call is air am.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DorianGravy posted:

Fun level, and probably good for kids. (Grabbing coins is fun for everyone, though!) The thing that impressed me the most, though: For the moment, you have achieved the mythical 100% clear rate. 12 plays, 12 clears! You even have enemies and an objective that takes a minute or two to complete! I screen-capped it for posterity (since it won't last):

Congrats! I'm curious to know: Once this level gets out into the wild a bit more (at, say, 100 plays), what do you think the clear rate will be? Above or below 50%?

It's as soft as soft can be, so I'm betting around 35%.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
My Jam level was sitting at 100% up through about 10 playthroughs and then it plummeted to the low 60s. So I'll be curious to hear when yours hits that wall.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Suspicious Cook posted:

Break into Bowser's tank factory, traverse the sewers, and destroy the secret Koopa weapon before it's unleashed on the Mushroom Kingdom in:

Assembly Line Assault
FS0-V2L-4HF

Good God, that’s tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Suspicious Cook posted:

Knee deep in splatoon's final fest and DQB2 but I love this thumbnail. I can only imagine what's going on in Luigi's mind right now