Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://youtu.be/seFqlqmrRz4

New season trailer. Looks like Blackout finally goes nighttime for Alcatraz

Edit:
https://www.treyarch.com/blog/2019-07/operation_apocalypse_z_overview

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
How long is this map going to be in Blackout. My eyes can't deal with this poo poo, I can't see any movement.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Well the crossbow has different names for its third attachment depending if you’re in or out of a game, can’t equip charms, kill counter or death effects and can’t be golded as you don’t have 5 attachments to complete the challenge.

Way to go, Treyarch.

Also a bunch of other bugs but I’m mostly annoyed about my crossbow.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The best bug is permanent dead silence on Reaper.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Care Package physics are sporadically hilarious at the moment.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

pacerhimself posted:

How long is this map going to be in Blackout. My eyes can't deal with this poo poo, I can't see any movement.

Why don't you just play normal quads then?

I like the fog map. It slows the pace down.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

https://twitter.com/Treyarch/status/1148639300902432768

In case you need an excuse to not sweat MP lmao to refresh on how they re-tooled Prophet's Totally Canon Lover And Life Partner And Roomate And Chef, Reaper.

That said, anything else that's bad?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I died in Blackout and while I was waiting I decided to wash a hat in the sink. Then a new round started and I ran back, forgetting to turn the sink off and managed to flood half of my basement from 20 feet away. Just played 2 more rounds while my bathroom sink dumped water on to the floor. 3 loving hours of damage control and there's still 15 square feet that is soaked :bravo:

I guess what I'm trying to say is stop taking out Hot Pursuit. Also maybe make matchmaking shittier it's too drat fast.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

Why don't you just play normal quads then?

I like the fog map. It slows the pace down.

I dunno, even the regular map is tough on my eyes.

I don't like the lack of windows. They were a nice signal about what's been visited.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

pacerhimself posted:

I dunno, even the regular map is tough on my eyes.

I don't like the lack of windows. They were a nice signal about what's been visited.

How come the windows are gone?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

How come the windows are gone?

It is part of the theme this month.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

They remove the daily tier skip bonus?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

It is part of the theme this month.

Zombies at all the glass or something

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Modern Warfare’s gunfight / MP gameplay premiere is about to begin on 4 twitch streams: Syndicate, Teepee, CouRageJD, and LEGIQN

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Modern Warfare’s gunfight / MP gameplay premiere is about to begin on 4 twitch streams: Syndicate, Teepee, CouRageJD, and LEGIQN

Ugh, really thought more of the new engine tech would make it to multiplayer, but the graphics don't reflect the campaign trailer. Maybe it's cause I'm watching it on my phone screen?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Couldn't have been a worse way to show off your new game mode than an empty room of streamers you've never heard of all screaming LETS GOO at each other in a boring rear end 2v2 game mode.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Couldn't have been a worse way to show off your new game mode than an empty room of streamers you've never heard of all screaming LETS GOO at each other in a boring rear end 2v2 game mode.

The mode itself was ok. Had some glimmer of the mechanics (leaning, double sprint, double render on sniper scopes, scope glint when you’re being aimed at) but yeah two of the streamers were really loud and annoying and the mode was too small for a proper MP showcase.

Also no class selection but some good equipment use. Bouncing Betty is back!

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I mean if you don't pay attention to either or both of the competitive and streaming scenes then yeah you'll never have heard of them, but otherwise within those circles they're pretty much household names.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Lmao @ competitve call of duty.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bumper Stickup posted:

Lmao @ call of duty.

:hai:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Noctone posted:

I mean if you don't pay attention to either or both of the competitive and streaming scenes then yeah you'll never have heard of them, but otherwise within those circles they're pretty much household names.

"Call of Duty streamers? :jerkbag: That's the game my dad plays." :barf:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 11, 2019

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

My biggest concern about multiplayer in Modern Warfare is the gradual, sharp and unrecoverable score gap that happens in a lot of the matches. Most first matches these days is me joining a match where I end up on a team losing by 40 points. If that's not the case most matches end up being ~20+ wins/loses and it just ceases to be all that exciting.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Most of us (chill goon crew) don't play for the excitement, we play to pubstomp while shooting the poo poo. If CoD was a fair and balanced game series we'd all have bailed a long time ago.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Bring back death streaks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
It's ironic that the least balanced CoD game made was the only one to ever have death streaks.

Nighthand posted:

If CoD was a fair and balanced game series we'd all have bailed a long time ago.

See: Advanced Warfare using sbmm

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 12, 2019

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

KingShiro posted:

Martyrdom grenades that would loving roll uphill, :hellyeah:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The least balanced COD game was the best one. Then again pretty much everything was unbalanced in MW2.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

KingShiro posted:

and support streaks

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Care Package physics are sporadically hilarious at the moment.

I was running them for some dumb challenge and had one bounce off the map. The others seemed to bounce based on the terrain they landed on, with drops on summit and frequency being hilarious with the vertical leap/breakdancing.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

and support streaks

I think they are for MW?

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 12, 2019

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Apparently the full MP reveal is August 1st.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

double render on sniper scopes

Is that when instead of zooming the entire screen in it just magnifies what’s through the scope, like an irl weapon?

I always wondered why most shooters don’t implement that, i assume it’s a RAM thing

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Is that when instead of zooming the entire screen in it just magnifies what’s through the scope, like an irl weapon?

I always wondered why most shooters don’t implement that, i assume it’s a RAM thing

When the game has to render what’s outside the scope at 1x and then also render what’s in the scope at 4, 8 or 16x.

It’s hugely resource intensive. Everything, not just RAM. CPU, GPU and both types of memory for sure. Tarkov has it, and it’s hugely taxing on performance.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

https://youtu.be/zxEgiAk3srE

4K gameplay, 2v2, other maps and weapons not previously shown.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Nice to see a COD game with real guns again. The new graphics engine looks really good, too.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

https://youtu.be/zxEgiAk3srE

4K gameplay, 2v2, other maps and weapons not previously shown.

wow this sucks poo poo

where do i preorder

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sure looks like a Call of Duty game. Exciting.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Has a riot shield primary been teased at all yet?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Mill Village posted:

Nice to see a COD game with real guns again. The new graphics engine looks really good, too.

Does it? I'm not seeing much of a difference, down to the fire still looking like sprites with laggy 30 FPS animations and the usual pop in.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Well you can only do so much with the quake engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Has a riot shield primary been teased at all yet?

One of the leaks (that so far seems to be correct about everything else) has said riot shield is back.