Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

TGLT posted:

Torchlight 1 doesn't have multiplayer

Player 1 controls the keyboard, player 2 the mouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

TGLT posted:

Torchlight 1 doesn't have multiplayer

Lol drat I had actually forgotten about that little quirk.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I'm guessing that everyone who checks this thread knows this already, but Limbo is free on Epic until July 25. To the two of you that don't own it yet: those years of waiting just payed off!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Now you too can play through the creepily possessive and unhealthily obsessive tale of a guy creeping on a girl!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fuzz posted:

Now you too can play through the creepily possessive and unhealthily obsessive tale of a guy creeping on a girl!

You're thinking of Braid but Limbo's kind of crap anyway

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
EDIT: Removed just in case anyone actually still cares about spoilers for old indie games.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fuzz posted:

Again, that's Braid, but doesn't the whole ending kind of villify him for it anyway? I don't think the story's very well-done but I remember the takeaway being "she's not into you, get over it"

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

https://uplay.ubisoft.com/en-GB

Uplay will have a free trial of their subscription service in September.

Origin access has been good. Maybe uplay+ will be too.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

The lineup is pretty good and includes some old gems (all the old Settlers games, Heroes of Might and Magic, etc...). Plus, everything seems to include most of the DLC, which is something not even the pricier Origin Access gas.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
August 15th is the deadline for sign up.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

goferchan posted:

Again, that's Braid, but doesn't the whole ending kind of villify him for it anyway? I don't think the story's very well-done but I remember the takeaway being "she's not into you, get over it"

it was a lot more defensible before jon blow showed his rear end on twitter about what he thinks of women (especially women developers) a few times + it's equally likely he accidentally fell into that reading of the game's story

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Besides its about a nuclear bomb not a woman at all, I claim, as i wait for the fumes of my fart cloud to reach me over the course of several hours

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i still cannot see jon blow's name without thinking it's a new hip term for some drug or other

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

e: double post

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Barudak posted:

Besides its about a nuclear bomb not a woman at all, I claim, as i wait for the fumes of my fart cloud to reach me over the course of several hours

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The only good piece of video game journalism ever released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

flatluigi posted:

it was a lot more defensible before jon blow showed his rear end on twitter about what he thinks of women (especially women developers) a few times + it's equally likely he accidentally fell into that reading of the game's story

it's pretty explicitly a "wait maybe I'm the bad guy here" story the whole mechanic of the last stage is you rushing to save the princess while she flees from the other dude and opens your path, then it plays in reverse so she's running to him from you and throwing blocks in your path instead but even with the fantasy framing it still has that "she's someone else's property now" vibe

either way it's got that classic Nice Guy flavour so even if he is m'lady I shall graciously withdraw my attentions it still fits the douche pattern

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

RBA Starblade posted:

You're thinking of Braid but Limbo's kind of crap anyway

goferchan posted:

Yeah, good call, dunno why I mixed those up.

Ugh, Braid. The core gameplay was clever, but fuuuuuck that story.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Pretty decent mix in the new Twitch Prime free games for August (requires Twitch Prime / Amazon Prime subscription, though):

Pumped BMX Pro
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Mable & The Wood
Automachef

Epic Games Store free games through August 9th:

Alan Wake
For Honor

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

Stickman posted:

Pretty decent mix in the new Twitch Prime free games for August (requires Twitch Prime / Amazon Prime subscription, though):

Pumped BMX Pro
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Mable & The Wood
Automachef

Epic Games Store free games through August 9th:

Alan Wake
For Honor

I've already got it on GOG and pretty much nothing will convince me to get the Epic Launcher but I just want to say that Alan Wake is cool and good.
The gameplay is a big smeh overall but the storyline is Stephen King inspired in the best possible way.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Hyper Light Drifter and Mutant: Year Zero are free on the Epic Game Store.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'm suprised mutant: year zero is on there, I don't remember it releasing that long ago. Maybe it didn't sell all that well?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It was on a Humble Monthly 2 or 3 months after release so I presume it tanked pretty hard but then again Automachef is on Twitch Prime on its release month and Mable & The Wood isn't even out on Steam yet so who knows how anything works anymore.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It has DLC, so maybe they are hoping people will download the game and then decide to buy the DLC.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The Epic Games Store site has been completely non-functional for me this past week, I have no idea what's happening but it's like nothing's loading properly. Only site that does that to me, too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Might be something on your end, it works fine for me.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

EGS doesn't like ublock origin much, maybe disable your ad blocker temporarily and see if that helps

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It was down earlier. Back up for me as of this morning.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Samuringa posted:

It was on a Humble Monthly 2 or 3 months after release so I presume it tanked pretty hard but then again Automachef is on Twitch Prime on its release month and Mable & The Wood isn't even out on Steam yet so who knows how anything works anymore.

I think it was on gamepass at launch too so maybe their strategy was to go for as many deals like that as possible instead of just moving units on steam

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the lukewarm reviews for MY0 meant it fell off of everyones' radar in like 2 days so yeah they're basically hustling to get distribution at this point.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

goferchan posted:

I think it was on gamepass at launch too so maybe their strategy was to go for as many deals like that as possible instead of just moving units on steam

Games have been taken off game pass already?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Games have been taken off game pass already?

Several times.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cojawfee posted:

Several times.

Well dang, I need to get on that then

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Fez is free on the Epic Games Store. :effort:

Fortunately, they're just saving the good stuff for next week: Celeste + Inside :eyepop:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stickman posted:

Fez is free on the Epic Games Store. :effort:

Fortunately, they're just saving the good stuff for next week: Celeste + Inside :eyepop:

Is the good stuff behind those two

doh hoh hoh hoh

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm glad that all these free game things are just the games from all the humble monthly bundles that I kind of wished I had got once they were revealed.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed Fez :kiddo:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
fez is a good game and worth playing

also it's genuinely kind of quaint to think back to how much poo poo got piled on phil fish for just being abrasive, back when that was the worst you'd hear a gamedev being instead of today's coinflip between "is a horrible misogynist" and "is a literal nazi"

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

DIRT Rally free on Humble Bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-rally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
celeste is free on the epic store right now, if you ever missed that