Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Lightly squeeze the bag as you push the straw in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Lightly squeeze the bag as you push the straw in.

Also solid advice for sounding

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

From what I recall (and it's been a long time since I had a Capri-Sun either) I would put it on a table and try and flatten the top as best as possible and then push down on it with the straw, rotating it a little until it punctured through.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

rydiafan posted:

So what's the life hack for getting a straw into the Capri Sun pouch without stabbing it straight through the back and into your finger?

Squeeze the bottom so the top is pushed out. Place the straw in your mouth. Then puncture. The juice will then shoot into your mouth, giving you the first tasty drink, instead of shooting all over.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

rydiafan posted:

So what's the life hack for getting a straw into the Capri Sun pouch without stabbing it straight through the back and into your finger?

Smoosh the top down so the hole is horizontal. When you stab into it you're stabbing into the body of the pouch and not the back side.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Cut the bottom open with a knife and shotgun it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Just eat it with the peel on.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Place the entire Capri Sun under your tongue until the pouch melts away

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jazz played with any other instrument is just jazz, but jazz played with an accordion is a hot mess. I found this out thanks to the only "christian" TV channel in Finland trying to compete with Pori Jazz.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Anything other than folk songs and extremely embarrassing Finnish metal is a hot mess when you add an accordion.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That's a terrible thing to say about Weird Al Yankovic.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bony tony posted:

That's a terrible thing to say about Weird Al Yankovic.

Comrade Al is a man of the people and thus counts as folk, even when he's technically not folk.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ich esse gerne Sauerkraut und tanze gerne Polka.

e: Nicht gleichzeitig.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I was today years old when I learned this from a FB post

Jerry Cotton posted:

Ich esse gerne Sauerkraut und tanze gerne Polka.

Ich auch

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Pastry of the Year posted:

I was today years old when I learned this from a FB post

are you loving making GBS threads me.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

"the drawer on your stove" lmao

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gross

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

It is definitely not true in general. You will know if your range has a warming drawer, because there will be a knob or button for it on the control panel, and it will be labelled "WARMING DRAWER".

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

mlnhd posted:

It is definitely not true in general. You will know if your range has a warming drawer, because there will be a knob or button for it on the control panel, and it will be labelled "WARMING DRAWER".

Or "BROILER".

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

A broiler is not a warming drawer. It is a broiler.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Singles life is great, I can do whatever I want. I sleep in a warming drawer, do you?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

fuckin millennials

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Are there stoves where that really is just a storage drawer? I'd get more use out of that than a broiler.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Proteus Jones posted:

My point is the "storage drawer" as mentioned is usually a "broiler" or sometimes a "warming drawer" and they are marked thusly. They are not a "storage drawer" but serve a specific cooking function along with the other components of the stove, you pedantic twat.

Are there stoves where that really is just a storage drawer? I'd get more use out of that than a broiler.

Most likely. Or just store pans in there anyway and don't broil? It's what most people do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes. Ovens can have just a drawer there, a warming tray, or a broiler. Might be other options too.

But on any of those it's still also a storage drawer if you want. it won't damage your pans and stuff. It's not like it's automatically on.

Aphrodite has a new favorite as of 15:31 on Jul 19, 2019

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Mine is a storage drawer. The broiler element is on the ceiling of the main oven cavity.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

On mine there's flame down in the drawer any time the oven is on because there's just one burner for the whole thing, but now that I think about it for a second it would make perfect sense for it to be just a drawer on electric ovens.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Every single stove I've ever had in my life. I have never once had a warming drawer. That drawer is for storing cookie sheets and pizza pans and such. Large flat things that don't store in cupboards well.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I have only ever had an electric oven/stove thing and the drawer has always only been a drawer.

Why the hell do we spell drawer that way it looks like "one who draws".

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Shifty Nipples posted:

I have only ever had an electric oven/stove thing and the drawer has always only been a drawer.

mid-14c., "one who draws (water from a well, etc.); one who pulls, drags, or transports," agent noun from draw (v.). Also formerly "a waiter, bartender" (1560s). Attested from 1570s in sense of "a box-shaped receptacle that can be 'drawn' or pulled out of a cabinet, bureau, table, etc., by sliding it horizontally."

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
There are some ovens that have drawers for pans and stuff and some that are warmers. Generally gas ovens will have the warmer, but not always.

Hope this helps

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Dr Christmas posted:

Jason Mantzoukas just played a character named Rafi on a show, he did not transition from writing children's songs about banana phones to portraying various crazed dirtbags.

Well, maybe he wrote this one too? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNOJb9ODQRQ

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

Singles life is great, I can do whatever I want. I sleep in a warming drawer, do you?

I sleep in a big oven, with my wife.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Eclipse12 posted:

I've played (and beaten) Zelda 2 numerous times since it first released three decades ago, but just realized this the other day...

The game over screen:

How I saw it:

What it really is:

A snout, because he's a big pig-demon

I feel like a real dummy.

I learned, this morning, that "frown" means different things in different varieties of English. In your variety, "frowning" is bending down the corners of your mouth. In my variety, "frowning" is furrowing your eyebrows.

I must say, a lot of references suddenly make sense. "Turn that frown upside down" not least of which.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Electrical Fire posted:

I sleep in a big oven, with my wife.

A Dutch oven for your Dutch wife eh?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Hyperlynx posted:

I learned, this morning, that "frown" means different things in different varieties of English. In your variety, "frowning" is bending down the corners of your mouth. In my variety, "frowning" is furrowing your eyebrows.

I must say, a lot of references suddenly make sense. "Turn that frown upside down" not least of which.

edit:
that word is "furrowing" not "frowning"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Baron von Eevl posted:

edit:

quote:

A frown (also known as a scowl) is a facial expression in which the eyebrows are brought together, and the forehead is wrinkled, usually indicating displeasure, sadness or worry, or less often confusion or concentration. The appearance of a frown varies by culture. Although most technical definitions define it as a wrinkling of the brow, in North America it is primarily thought of as an expression of the mouth.

Also the guy said in his region "frowning" and meant furrowing so he knew that already

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Baron von Eevl posted:

edit:

What I literally posted:

in my variety, "frowning" is furrowing your eyebrows

C'mon, mate!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

What do you call a frown in where you're from then? A not-smile? A gurn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zixie Draco
Jun 23, 2019

Shifty Nipples posted:

Why do people call drawing "drawling". And why did they "sawl" something?