Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

:prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Rigel is the last Nancy Pelosi defender on this forum so I'll give you one loving guess.

I've seen some rude things on this forum but boy howdy is this the rudest

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/1152181732193513473

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Beto is a Wasteman

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
https://twitter.com/JGreenDC/status/1152175896817733632?s=20

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Harris is gonna dunk on Biden so bad in round two that I'm gonna be legit afraid she'll win the nomination.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Why not just quit?

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Failed Imagineer posted:

Why not just quit?

Yeah I mean if there's one thing that history has shown us it's that rich white men have a very clear idea of their own limitations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Booourns posted:

That's the great thing about posts that are nothing but emptyquoting a tweet. Do they support it or not? Why did they even post it? Who knows

The point of discussion is to determine if other people are bad or not

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

theflyingorc posted:

Unsupported arguments make for good discussion

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Isn’t Delaney the one who is just self-funding his entire campaign

If I am a staffer I cash that loving check and keep my mouth shut if he wants to throw his money away

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

CubanMissile posted:

Harris is gonna dunk on Biden so bad in round two that I'm gonna be legit afraid she'll win the nomination.

she somehow hosed up the busing thing by currently having the exact same stance on busing that biden did in the 70s

Ruminahui
Mar 3, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

FlamingLiberal posted:

If I am a staffer I cash that loving check and keep my mouth shut if he wants to throw his money away

They’re too embarrassed to even do this lol

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Harris is going to make Biden cry actual tears and come across as a huge bully

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

Harris is going to make Biden cry actual tears and come across as a huge bully

"Senator Harris, your rebuttal?"

"All I have to ask is, mr vice president...why are you hitting yourself?"

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

It took me two tries to realize they were trying to criticize black voters for sounding like Trump. It's a bad cartoon.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not great for long-term prospects though, and you're getting attached to a failure loser instead of being an upwardly-mobile lanyard on the Hill. It's why they're trying to get him to run for an office he can actually win.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Behind2020/status/1152241330195697666

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Decent premise for some historical comedy. Who's on sixth?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Somehow they both ended up being the dumb clone

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Ok, I'm a fan of the debate structure now:
https://twitter.com/ThirdWayTweet/status/1152228304642027521
(the suggestions are: make sure anybody with seniority as a Dem gets in, regardless of polling, make sure anybody who runs against Dems gets the boot, regardless of polling, and the DNC picks for any remaining slots)

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

eviltastic posted:

(the suggestions are: make sure anybody with seniority as a Dem gets in, regardless of polling, make sure anybody who runs against Dems gets the boot, regardless of polling, and the DNC picks for any remaining slots)

quote:

The inclusion of Williamson and other fringe candidates at the MSNBC debates—and the exclusion of quality, substantive contenders like Montana Gov. Steve Bullock—was the absurd if unintended consequence of the plan for limiting debate participants developed by Tom Perez, chair of the DNC. Perez is a brilliant and dedicated party leader. But he made a mistake with this debate plan, and it could affect our party’s ability to beat Donald Trump in 2020.

lol

And at the end of the article they admit the only candidates that would be excluded under their alternative structure are Williamson and Gravel. Amazing how threatened they are by a couple quixotic campaigns polling at 1% on a good day.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Wicked Them Beats posted:

lol

And at the end of the article they admit the only candidates that would be excluded under their alternative structure are Williamson and Gravel. Amazing how threatened they are by a couple quixotic campaigns polling at 1% on a good day.

This is just more evidence that Williamson and Gravel are good

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Wicked Them Beats posted:

lol

The goal isn't even to exclude Williamson or Gravel. It's to build a narrative to exclude the next Bernie. Who is, technically, not a Democrat.

Also wait if you exclude "has run against democrats" that excludes AOC / Pressley / Tlaib / Omar ?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

mormonpartyboat posted:

she somehow hosed up the busing thing by currently having the exact same stance on busing that biden did in the 70s

Nah, that's a real dumb distillation of the issue. The context of time and the surrounding comments make a bug difference in how bad the surface same stance is.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Gyges posted:

that's a real dumb distillation of the issue.

yeah welcome to the american political system hope you enjoy your stay

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1152244641732972545

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The goal isn't even to exclude Williamson or Gravel. It's to build a narrative to exclude the next Bernie. Who is, technically, not a Democrat.

He just joined in March so he could run.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Also wait if you exclude "has run against democrats" that excludes AOC / Pressley / Tlaib / Omar ?

Ilhan is fine, she won Keith Ellison's seat when he gave it up to run for AG. Didn't run against an incumbent.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Gyges posted:

Nah, that's a real dumb distillation of the issue. The context of time and the surrounding comments make a bug difference in how bad the surface same stance is.

I believe bussing is bad because of traffic concerns, which is why I favor giving elementary school students jetpacks so they can more easily commute to school :pseudo:

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Yeah, the weasel words are doing a lot of work there. We don't have to think too hard to guess how the DNC would come down when deciding which races are "recent and important".

The piece also does nothing to analyze the way that Bernie runs in the Dem primary in his state, because that would be tipping their hand. Bernie absolutely runs against Democrats in the primary, it's how he got into the Senate in the first place. He just hasn't had any challengers recently, which would change the second any such rule were put in place.

I also liked the "oh, well obviously Yang would be included" out of nowhere.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

How can we reach across the aisle if we don't get at least SOME Republicans elected? Checkmate, leftailures!:smug:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Majorian posted:

How can we reach across the aisle if we don't get at least SOME Republicans elected? Checkmate, leftailures!:smug:

We take enough house seats that we can't fit all of the Dems on one side

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

eviltastic posted:

Yeah, the weasel words are doing a lot of work there. We don't have to think too hard to guess how the DNC would come down when deciding which races are "recent and important".

The piece also does nothing to analyze the way that Bernie runs in the Dem primary in his state, because that would be tipping their hand. Bernie absolutely runs against Democrats in the primary, it's how he got into the Senate in the first place. He just hasn't had any challengers recently, which would change the second any such rule were put in place.

I also liked the "oh, well obviously Yang would be included" out of nowhere.

Really it boils down to who they feel they can reasonably exclude without getting too much blowback, and right now they think the best they can do is an 89 year old man being held hostage by semi-woke teens and a crystal healer trying to pitch peace, love, and a couple books. I think even they know they'd never be able to keep someone as wildly popular as Bernie or AOC out if they want to be in. They just don't have the influence.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
gently caress this clown

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/1152254796398759936

quote:

“Should we put a limit on what Beyoncé makes?” he asked a reporter for the Guardian.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

God, on top of everything else, Trump winning has made all of the dumb rich people think they can now be president

Howard Schultz is still worse than Steyer by a mile though, as Steyer at least funds Dem Congressional races

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

"I'm a regular joe. My maid puts my pants on me one leg at a time, just like everyone else. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to try and buy my way into the most powerful office on the planet." *steps into limo, drives fifty feet to private jet, flies away*

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

theflyingorc posted:

Are you implying emptyposting tweets is a form of discussion?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

eviltastic posted:

Just passing around the party collection basket at church, totally a thing average voters do, unlike those rich bougie coastal assholes who aren't in touch with the heart of America.

quote:

For the July debate, candidates need 65,000 donors to qualify if they missed the mark with polling. This metric weighs those who give online (even just $1) over those who give small amounts in cash in a way that’s not trackable, like tossing a bill into a collection bucket in a church basement or labor hall. And online donors are higher income and more likely to be white than average voters.
Is that even legal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Main Paineframe posted:

Just passing around the party collection basket at church, totally a thing average voters do, unlike those rich bougie coastal assholes who aren't in touch with the heart of America.

Is that even legal?
No. I'm sure it will be given enough time, but for now non-coordinating superPACS is how to get dark money into a campaign. If it's direct to a candidate it needs to be a named US citizen who doesn't meet excluding criteria.