Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

drjuggalo posted:

I have half a mind of changing my SJ password and throwing the account up here because seeing scanlations in 2019 hurts my soul

mangaplus is the official release and is free for the 3 most recent chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

It's an absolute goldmine.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he’s holding all the prisoners!! he’s more ripped than you !!

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Man, what a good chapter.

You know, what, though? I really don't feel that scared of the non-Kaido beast pirates now. The Gifters/Pleasures are basically mooks, and the Headliners/All Stars all feel like people that could be taken down by the best of Luffy's allies - between Zoro, Sanji, Law, Nekomamushi, Inuarashi, the rest of the Straw Hats, and the Scabbards, I wouldn't put too much faith in Queen/King, assuming they're roughly on the same level as Katakuri. Throw in the Grand Fleet - who will probably be attracted by Luffy being brought to the edge of death by this disease - and the rest of the Headliners and All-Stars ain't going to be a problem.

I just don't think Kaido has enough big-name followers around. He's still unbeatable, sure, but the rest of the war has to keep our interest too. So, this has to get worse before it gets better. How are they going to reinforce Kaido's forces? Kaido must have some sort of allied faction incoming. Is he going to make a deal with Big Mom, or use her to coerce the remaining BM pirates into working for him?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here a remake of Zoro vs Mihawk as drawn by Boichi from Dr Stone.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/0/page/1

This was unexpected.

God I love that moment so much.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I get the impression we've seen Shanks' deal a long time ago; the Red Hair Pirates are super chill and have nothing to prove, and are far more eager to start parties than fights, but once you cross the line into genuine threat they do not gently caress around for a second.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

oddium posted:

he’s holding all the prisoners!! he’s more ripped than you !!
*sees kaido* what is that?? some kind of chinese myth dragon?!?! get the gently caress outta here!!!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I get the impression we've seen Shanks' deal a long time ago; the Red Hair Pirates are super chill and have nothing to prove, and are far more eager to start parties than fights, but once you cross the line into genuine threat they do not gently caress around for a second.

Yeah, Shanks genuinely doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. Therefore I'm assuming his eventual confrontation with Luffy will be more a test of skill rather than a legitimate fight (if they wind up fighting at all that is).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Yeah, Shanks genuinely doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. Therefore I'm assuming his eventual confrontation with Luffy will be more a test of skill rather than a legitimate fight (if they wind up fighting at all that is).

I'm kinda suspicious of him after he secretly showed up to the Reverie to meet with the old dudes.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm kinda suspicious of him after he secretly showed up to the Reverie to meet with the old dudes.

Shanks is Big Hat.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bleck posted:

Mummy D. Luffy

Mummy D. Luffy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
that was a genuinely moving chapter. while it was never in doubt, its chapters like that which make me feel that luffy WILL be pirate king. what a speech

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Larryb posted:

It'll be a Davy Back Fight, with Foxy as the judge. Then it can all come down to a sniping contest between Yassop and his son!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Begemot posted:

It'll be a Davy Back Fight, with Foxy as the judge. Then it can all come down to a sniping contest between Yassop and his son!

Speaking of which, have we seen Foxy at all post-timeskip?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That was such a great chapter, wow.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, have we seen Foxy at all post-timeskip?

Only in an anime-only TV special.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
That elephant dude is fuckin dead wow

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Luffy is going to kick Kaidou's rear end.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Little did they know, Luffy loves eating poison.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Queen is amazing. Holy poo poo, how cool is King going to be?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It's gonna own when some random person cures the disease and chopper continues to be useless

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I initially thought that Luffy had somehow absorbed the virus/symptoms from the prisoners, curing them entirely, instead of just giving them the courage to somehow not die from a hemorrhagic fever.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here a remake of Zoro vs Mihawk as drawn by Boichi from Dr Stone.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/0/page/1

:zoro:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Snazzy Frocks posted:

That elephant dude is fuckin dead wow

:rip: Ol' D. Maid

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
And this is why Luffy is my favorite protagonist.

Also that Boichi One Piece chapter was loving phenomenal.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I can't wait to see Chopper finally get his big moment by running for help from Law, who will swap the virus with skittles or some poo poo and everyone will sing about how great he is while Chopper stands in the corner being ignored.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Congrats to Chopper for throwing a punch for the first time since Fishman Island.

The color spread owns too, I love seeing any spread which features the crew relaxing, having a good time, and not inviting Jinbe because he sucks.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I can't wait to see Chopper finally get his big moment by running for help from Law, who will swap the virus with skittles or some poo poo and everyone will sing about how great he is while Chopper stands in the corner being ignored.

Chin up, chopper will have a great panel of law giving him cotton candy for more plushies and figurines in that oh so cute ninja outfit!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

There was a time when Oda didn't treat any of the main crew like jokes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ryaomon posted:

Congrats to Chopper for throwing a punch for the first time since Fishman Island.

The color spread owns too, I love seeing any spread which features the crew relaxing, having a good time, and not inviting Jinbe because he sucks.

He took down Brûlée and her gang in WCI along with Carrot.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Law's specialty is being a surgeon. Chopper has always been shown to be a medicinal doctor. This situation is Chopper's wheel house.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Tolth posted:

Man, what a good chapter.

You know, what, though? I really don't feel that scared of the non-Kaido beast pirates now. The Gifters/Pleasures are basically mooks, and the Headliners/All Stars all feel like people that could be taken down by the best of Luffy's allies - between Zoro, Sanji, Law, Nekomamushi, Inuarashi, the rest of the Straw Hats, and the Scabbards, I wouldn't put too much faith in Queen/King, assuming they're roughly on the same level as Katakuri. Throw in the Grand Fleet - who will probably be attracted by Luffy being brought to the edge of death by this disease - and the rest of the Headliners and All-Stars ain't going to be a problem.

I just don't think Kaido has enough big-name followers around. He's still unbeatable, sure, but the rest of the war has to keep our interest too. So, this has to get worse before it gets better. How are they going to reinforce Kaido's forces? Kaido must have some sort of allied faction incoming. Is he going to make a deal with Big Mom, or use her to coerce the remaining BM pirates into working for him?

Jack and his forces alone kept the Minks in a standstill. Inuarashi and Nekomamushi couldn’t take him down solo. The Disasters are pretty strong and there aren’t many people in the allied forces who can take them.

Plus you have the Orochi’s forces who aren’t pushovers. Not to mention you shouldn’t be underestimating the Headliners, Sanji was struggling with just Page One and we haven’t seen them all yet.

What I’m looking forward to is when all the Supanovas join up and take on Kaidou. Hell i just want to know what Scratchmen Apoo is doing, he’s the only one not taking an active role at the moment and we know he’s hanging around somewhere in Wano

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

There was a time when Oda didn't treat any of the main crew like jokes.

Luffy has been the butt of jokes since chapter one. You should stop trolling this thread and go read a manga series that you do enjoy instead.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I request that everyone be kind to the emergency rations.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
Chopper offering to murder-suicide big mom at the bottom of the ocean was hardcore as gently caress, I just want one on screen fight that isn’t FI island (I also still adore TS sanji so what do I know)

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Being bummed at Chopper not getting to do cool stuff is fair.

Getting bummed when Chopper is obviously about to do something cool is weird. I guess I can understand why the continued neglect makes it feel like it'll never happen... but it's actually about to happen now, for real guys!

I honestly thought that Luffy was going to be immune to the virus because he's immune to poison and there was going to be a gag about it or something, so when he made that gesture and actually got hosed up by it I was honestly shocked.

That's an incredibly hosed up weapon concept for a kids comic, by the way. Like, holy poo poo. It uses some goofy cartoon logic, but the effects are incredibly gruesome.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Asuron posted:

Jack and his forces alone kept the Minks in a standstill. Inuarashi and Nekomamushi couldn’t take him down solo. The Disasters are pretty strong and there aren’t many people in the allied forces who can take them.

Plus you have the Orochi’s forces who aren’t pushovers. Not to mention you shouldn’t be underestimating the Headliners, Sanji was struggling with just Page One and we haven’t seen them all yet.

What I’m looking forward to is when all the Supanovas join up and take on Kaidou. Hell i just want to know what Scratchmen Apoo is doing, he’s the only one not taking an active role at the moment and we know he’s hanging around somewhere in Wano

The minks were handicapped by being gassed and fighting in gas while Jack's team all had masks. They wouldn't have done so well otherwise.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kaido's theme seems to be just loving straight up war criminals on top of ridiculous brute strength.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kaido's theme seems to be just loving straight up war criminals on top of ridiculous brute strength.

Finally it's time for Kreig and Gin to pop back up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Caidin posted:

Finally it's time for Kreig and Gin to pop back up!

The reason King wears a Vader mask is to keep him alive despite the deadly poison he breathed in 3 years ago.