Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I have a rice cooker. I don't know if it would avoid burning it. The tomato paste made my rice burn a lot faster than expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

What are you cooking, BYOB?

Stoner Sloth

joke_explainer posted:

I made some awesome pulled pork the other day.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

poverty goat

ive been eating shaved beef tenderloin and rare tuna for days because there was a bunch of extra left over after catering a wedding last weekend, and im sick of it

alnilam

Not much wat's cookin with you

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

thawing some pork ribs and a slab of short rib in the fridge to be smoked on Canada Day and tomorrow, respectively. gonna get a third rack of ribs for the smoker this weekend, and some corn to grill for the salad and some asparagus to grill and stuff my face with, and some wine and aw yeah it’s finally summer

the unabonger
I made some fridge pickles.

Finger Prince

joke_explainer posted:

Today I made a sort of not quite Lebanese, definitely not Greek moussaka. I layered mandolined purple sweet potato, fried onion, eggplant, sliced garlic, capers, stewed tomato, purple sweet potato, fried onion, eggplant, sliced garlic, shitake, red pepper, purple sweet potato. Seasoned each layer with a combination of garlic powder, za'atar, ras al hanout. Baked it 45 minutes covered in foil, sprinkled parmesan on top and baked another 15ish minutes. I lightly fried each thing in olive oil before layering. It was drat good and I've even got two portions left.

Robot Made of Meat

I had a little leftover marinated pork tenderloin and mushies, so I had a nice omelette for dinner.

It was good.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Pepper and onion sliders (veg Italian sausage!!!!) and some broccolini that is gonna be so crispy it's ridiculous

Stoner Sloth

Made some ribs last night - used the pressure cooker for most of it with some apple juice, cider vinegar and good rib/barbeque sauce. Then used the rest of the bbq sauce to slather over them and finished 'em up for 15 minutes in the oven - turned out great, possibly a bit too long in the pressure cooker cause they just about falling off the bone but the oven brought 'em back a bit and gave them a nice extra bit of flavour and crispness on the outside.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

poverty goat

I made these pies

alnilam

Nice ppies.... for me to chew on!!!

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Watch out for Lex Luthor.

Robot Made of Meat

Stoner Sloth posted:

Made some ribs last night - used the pressure cooker for most of it with some apple juice, cider vinegar and good rib/barbeque sauce. Then used the rest of the bbq sauce to slather over them and finished 'em up for 15 minutes in the oven - turned out great, possibly a bit too long in the pressure cooker cause they just about falling off the bone but the oven brought 'em back a bit and gave them a nice extra bit of flavour and crispness on the outside.

Pressure cookers are good.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alnilam

They are good and also loud

Stoner Sloth

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Pressure cookers are good.

Yeah been using mine a lot since I got it just recently - it's really easy which helps a lot cause my skills are limited and I'm generally too tired for huge amounts of effort.

Going to try to cook some salmon in it tonight, hoping that works well but so far everything else has come out well.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

They are good and also loud

Yes

My stovetop pressure cooker is so loud it scares the dogs until they hide under the couch, which is probably for the best since I occasionally cook beans until they explode

poverty goat

I'm making serious eats PC chili verde right now irl

FutonForensic

when I last visited my parents, my mom was about to throw away this gigantic book containing 13 years of recipes from America's Test Kitchen. Now I have it. now I have it and now I roast peruvian chicken

lesson is, uh, visit your parents and steal their trash

Resting Lich Face

If I don't get drunk and forget I've got a dank effortpost in the making for tomorrow.

poverty goat

I made shakshuka today and only took 1 pic and it's blurry :coolfish:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

poverty goat posted:

I made shakshuka today and only took 1 pic and it's blurry :coolfish:

:colbert: did you bring enough for the whole class?

poverty goat

No, but I do have plenty of key lime pies and peach blueberry galettes

Blueberry and apple pies are still in the oven

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

poverty goat posted:

No, but I do have plenty of key lime pies and peach blueberry galettes

Blueberry and apple pies are still in the oven

I'll be there in an hour

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm bring you Grandma-made kimchi too

poverty goat

:toot:

Scaly Haylie

what herbs go well in garlic butter? please advise.

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

dill, ginger

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
cold bong water

alnilam

garlic

Scaly Haylie

should the garlic be roasted, and if so how much

Manifisto

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm gonna say maybe tarragon? depends on what you gon use the gar but for

lol gar but

ty nesamdoom!

FutonForensic

I like thyme in butter or maybe rosemary if I'm feeling hosed up and twisted

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Lizard Wizard posted:

all of them

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Belgian waffles made with Belgian beer...

I had this idea today and now have to find a super esthery, low ibu trippel or somesuch

I googled it and serious eats had a piece on it, but they used frickin Genesee cream ale :(

I wonder if I can actually leaven the waffle batter with the lees from a nice bottle fermented Belgian ale.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I did once make Belgian waffles with a bunch of Belgian ale I'd gotten for free from a distributor friend of mine.

the batch that had been sent was recalled by the brewery for being over carbonated. they'd either added too much priming sugar, or the beer wasn't done fermenting when bottled.
as it would not make sense to ship bad beer back across the Atlantic, it was to be "destroyed" :evilbuddy:

I must have been given 5 cases of 750ml bottles of the stuff. had to be well chilled and opened over a sink or outdoors, because beer volcano happened every time. not great for drinking

it worked great in waffles, no discernible bitterness. I just used Krusteaz Belgian waffle mix by the destructions on the box, no leavening. decarbonated the beer and used it in place of water. waffles had a nice light maltiness

I think it had 'fleur' in the name and flowers printed on the bottle, I'll have to see if I can find it again

poverty goat

Hugh Malone posted:

Belgian waffles made with Belgian beer...

I had this idea today and now have to find a super esthery, low ibu trippel or somesuch

I googled it and serious eats had a piece on it, but they used frickin Genesee cream ale :(

I wonder if I can actually leaven the waffle batter with the lees from a nice bottle fermented Belgian ale.

I've done this per this recipe with a Belgian blonde style American craft brew and it almost perfectly captured the yeastiness of a real Brussels waffle

Seriously though if you want to embark on a quest for the perfect Belgian waffle, start here with the true king of Belgian waffles https://liegewaffle.wordpress.com/liege-waffle-recipe-liege-gaufre-recette/

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
awesome, thanks!

when I go visit Mom in a couple weeks I'm gonna make a big mess in the kitchen and will post results :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

I finally found the proper word describing these breaded meat filled crepes my grandma used to make: Paszteciki naleśnikowe. I only knew them as paszteciki (pronounced "pastechiki"), but apparently that's a different polish food and it's caused me years of confusion.
Anyway basically you make crepes (keep them very pale, don't let them get browned like normal french crepes), then you fill them with a ground meat and fried onions mixture, fold them into a little pillow, then coat them in egg and breadcrumbs and pan fry them, and eat them with borscht or just stuff your drat face with them because they're so gooooood.
The best way to do the meat that my grandma did was to use leftover roast beef and mince that up before frying it with diced onions, but you can do it however. Season the meat with salt and probably pepper.
I highly recommend making these if you have the opportunity, and I'm going to do some soon I think.