Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The Labo competition Joy-Con is the best colour, it looks like a cigarette filter. They should make a dock design that just straight up looks like a giant pack of Benson & Hedges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

drat I like that, what was the Labo Competition?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mega64 posted:

Let's end this poo poo. I've made over 2500 posts in the last two Final Fantasy Megathreads, I've done ten loving Let's Plays with Final Fantasy games, I'm King loving poo poo of Final Fantasy as far as SA goes.

They're all good loving games, and they're all different enough that everyone has their own favorites and that's god drat fine. There's a reason this series has been going on for so long despite Square-Enix's complete incompetence at developing AAA-level games these past fifteen or so years. Cherish all of them, yes, even FF2.

no its just 9

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They're bad actually

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

ff6
ff4
ff10
ff5
ff7
ff15
ff12
ff13
ff3

havent played
ff8
ff9

too old:
ff1
ff2

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Psyvariar Delta is pretty great. Didn't realize it would have three Psyvariars in it. Now we need a new Sin and Punishment

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm pretty interested in the ff8 remaster

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Let's all just agree the best Final Fantasy is XI

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

RBA Starblade posted:

They're bad actually

Well I'm convinced.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
FF4 is generally pretty low on my list but I would love if the PSP complete collection came to switch. Its an actual crime that 5 and 6 didn't get remakes with that artstyle.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mega64 posted:

Well I'm convinced.

Sometimes it just needs to be laid out clearly and precisely

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

FF12 is actually the best one.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Mystic Quest is underrated. Yes, it's pretty crap, but it gave kids an easy introduction to JRPGs. Before that I'd only rented Fantasy Star and some horrible dungeon crawler on the Mega Drive. They kicked my rear end and made me hate the genre.
MQ is babbys first RPG and it does a good job. It also helps that the music is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZOQ8sLO-vU

That's some Mega Man X right there.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

MMF Freeway posted:

FF4 is generally pretty low on my list but I would love if the PSP complete collection came to switch. Its an actual crime that 5 and 6 didn't get remakes with that artstyle.

Or hell, even the original sprite artwork that 5 and 6 had. Both games had some expressive sprites that get dulled down by the underwhelming sprites the Matrix remasters add (seriously why is every single male character angry), and FF6 in particular has some phenomenal sprite work that still holds up great today, to the point where when Matrix did the Wii port of FF4: The After Years, they basically used the FF6 character sprites as their starting point for that game's characters.

I'm surprised FF1-6 haven't shown up yet, but I'd guess they're next after FF8 comes out.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
All video games are good namaste

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Let's end this poo poo. I've made over 2500 posts in the last two Final Fantasy Megathreads, I've done ten loving Let's Plays with Final Fantasy games, I'm King loving poo poo of Final Fantasy as far as SA goes.

They're all good loving games, and they're all different enough that everyone has their own favorites and that's god drat fine. There's a reason this series has been going on for so long despite Square-Enix's complete incompetence at developing AAA-level games these past fifteen or so years. Cherish all of them, yes, even FF2.

I don't know, FF3 was so boring trying to play it put me in a coma, that doesn't sound like what a good game would do.

And FF8 is so bad it's good, like a nice B-Movie. FF11 seems to be some sort of torture simulator for masochists instead of a game, but even with all my disgust over FF10 and FF13 I can tolerate other people liking them, the world is full of weirdos, after all.

But yeah, all other FF-games are just different shades of good, even the ones I don't want to play ever again, like FF7. Now let me turn away from the monitor for a moment so I can get me a fresh, cold DRINK.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 19, 2019

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Libluini posted:

. FF11 seems to be some sort of torture simulator for masochists instead of a game, but even with all my disgust over FF10 and FF13 I can tolerate other people liking them, the world is full of weirdos, after all.

They changed things and added systems over the years that you can complete the vast majority of story content without it feeling like you have to apply a hammer to your balls to get anything done.

Changes made:
Uncapped CoP and all story mode fights.
Vastly increased exp per hour and included ways to get more exp like unity, hunts and sparks quests.
Trust npcs can be used to fill out your party instead of strangers.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'll apply a hammer to my balls whenever I want

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Sudden Javelin posted:

I'll apply a hammer to my balls whenever I want

You'll fit right into the Nintendo Switch thread.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

frodnonnag posted:

They changed things and added systems over the years that you can complete the vast majority of story content without it feeling like you have to apply a hammer to your balls to get anything done.

Ironically, I like the catgirls of FF11 better then the too-human ones in FF14, but I'm already playing too many games, including two MMOs. I'm pretty sure if I started FF11, even if it is less stupidly insane then back then, I'd have to stop sleeping or eating, or both. And then I wouldn't be able to play any games soon, on account of being loving dead, man.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Lodin posted:

Mystic Quest is underrated. Yes, it's pretty crap, but it gave kids an easy introduction to JRPGs. Before that I'd only rented Fantasy Star and some horrible dungeon crawler on the Mega Drive. They kicked my rear end and made me hate the genre.
MQ is babbys first RPG and it does a good job. It also helps that the music is awesome.

It's the only (snes) FF game where you can name the protagonist ShaoKhan :rock: because it uses eight characters.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 19, 2019

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP8OPT0GLqI

Wanna play as that rat!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Lodin posted:

Mystic Quest is underrated.

It also helps that the music is awesome.

I wish the composer did more but stopped working on game after the Playstion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhOUDccL1i8

Lodin posted:

Wanna play as that rat!

What ever happened to that Goose game

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Final Fantasy IV was the peak of the series. Going to the moon rules, end of arguments.

Counter Point: FF8, the moon is the worst part of the game it's the point it turns from a good game into a bad game.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

He's saying it's the last one universally praised. Each iteration after that gets to be more polarizing.

Here's one for you: FF6 is boring and a mess of gameplay systems, worse than FF7 even.

I'm pretty sure i played FF7 to completion, even though i didn't like it much (boredom and too much time), i even played FF1 and 2 all the way through, and only made it like halfway through FF6. Probably. I couldn't tell you, really, because it was so forgettable. There was a sand castle or something, a ninja, a kid with speech impediment and i don't remember much else.

If you want good SNES RPGs, play Chrono Trigger, Lufia 2 and Terranigma instead

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shut up dumb rear end!!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FF6 SNES is pretty buggy, but both it and 7 don't have much more going on than "equip item for a while->learn spell and get stats", and 6 takes a good while to even get there.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Can someone give me nintendo's phone number? I've decided since an indie can make for them a rythm zelda game then I have a good shot at pitching a wario adventure myself.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Play as rat but rat does not cook or control chef via hair pulling 3/10 rat game

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Al-Saqr posted:

Can someone give me nintendo's phone number? I've decided since an indie can make for them a rythm zelda game then I have a good shot at pitching a wario adventure myself.

main site: https://developer.nintendo.com/
contact: https://developer.nintendo.com/web/development/contact

you are going to need a proven track record to get access to using licensed characters but I assume you have that if this isn't a joke post

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I don't.
I wanna play as these rats.

https://twitter.com/Sketchy_Jeremy/status/1137344071498944513?s=20

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

pixaal posted:

main site: https://developer.nintendo.com/
contact: https://developer.nintendo.com/web/development/contact

you are going to need a proven track record to get access to using licensed characters but I assume you have that if this isn't a joke post

My Track record?

*pulls out beaten old atomic purple game boy color with missing battery flap with a warioland 2 cart finished 100%*

THIS is my 'effin Track record.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Re: drifting

I'm actually on my 4th left joycon. I bought two pairs at launch and they both showed signs of drifting last year. A yellow pair I bought on sale later on hasn't had the issue yet, but I also got one of the left hand ones with a D-Pad so I haven't been abusing that one with Zelda, Sonic, and Mario.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Cherish all of them, yes, even FF2.

Dude

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:same:

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
So amazon cancelled my pre-order of Trials of Mana for some reason. There's still a store page for download codes and I googled around and couldn't find any info about it not getting a physical release or something. Anybody know anything?

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 19, 2019

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

Ah yes FF14 well known for its auto attacking gameplay

it's not really an autoattacking game and maybe i just didn't play long enough, but it didn't hold my interest long enough to get out of the boring phase, if it ever changes. it was like "ok cycle attacks 2 4 debuff 1 3 basic spell 1 3 1 3 1 3 2 is about to expire reup that" which... that's just not my jam man, it might as well be autoattacking for as engaging as it was to me

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Port Bad Rats to Switch.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Sleeping Sigma posted:

So amazon cancelled my pre-order of Trials of Mana for some reason. There's still a store page for download codes and I googled around and couldn't find any info about it not getting a physical release or something. Anybody know anything?

Don’t preorder games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Chrono Trigger is timeless.

If it released for the first time ever in 2019 on the switch it would still do very well because it’s a fantastic game regardless of year.

So yea I guess literally what you said.