Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is that how amiibo work now? I thought they only unlocked songs.

I think someone said they wander around the pavilion too, but I don't recall where (or even if that's true). They definitely aren't playable units though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You get music (only if they're an FE amiibo) and items spawn around the gazebo. That's It.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Also, Nintendo's got a new trailer up, though for some reason it's not on their main channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kymq4y_PGIQ

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Since conversations have dialogue options, do I have to reset if I make the wrong choice

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Yes , you can get an immediate game over if you flirt back with Claude

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lord Koth posted:

Also, Nintendo's got a new trailer up, though for some reason it's not on their main channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kymq4y_PGIQ

It really is quite the intense opening.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

Also Claude's schemer shtick and apparent flying proficiency is kind of making me think of Naesala.

Endorph I've already decided to start with the Blue Lions. Stop trying to convince me to drop them!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Aha, so the supposed 4th route is getting Hufflepuff to admit their actually Slytherin then?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Claude looks super fun, but like Black Eagles is the magic nerd house and lead by an ice queen so I have no choice.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Who is everyone gonna try and poach for their team? Assuming we only have time for one or two characters before the skip

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I haven't looked super in depth at all the characters, so my plan is to play through the school section blind to learn about characters, find out who I like, and if I fail to recruit them, I'll restart and look up strats.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i insist on having bernadetta with me on the other routes

but for the black eagles run i'll take along goodest boy ashe

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Petra or Raphael.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Everyone's staying in their own house for the first three playthroughs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Marianne apparently by some Like indicator the most popular female student

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will induce Petra to rebel against Edelgard's tyranny

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I need a warrior on my team, and I don't want any more drat dirty crests in my Golden Deer run, so I am trying to recruit Ashe and/or Petra.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I feel like Lorenz and Sylvain's supports must be hilarious so I am definitely poaching Lorenz to the Blue Team

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

Who is everyone gonna try and poach for their team? Assuming we only have time for one or two characters before the skip
I'm playing Golden Deer and I'll probably do Lions second, so I'll probably grab Bernadetta or Dorothea. Then for Lions and Eagles I'll just grab whoever I miss the most from the Deer.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

GameXplain's playthrough took 60 hours, 40 for pre time skip and 20 for post.

I'm assuming because your party is pretty much set in what they're doing since everyone seems to be heavily promoted in pre-time skip screenshots.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

20 hours is about the length of most FE games before this so I’m fine with that.

Also because there are like. Five other routes to do.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/BitnerdGX/status/1152244794837655552

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game is gonna own

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Raphael, definitely.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
drat, what a disappointment. At least the spirit of everybody in camp making eyes at each other has been preserved to some extent.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I wish S ranks were entirely gone but this is a step in the right direction.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Im Glad For No S Supports

the 'a supports have implied romance' angle allows for almost exactly the same kind of thing (shipping) but with way less clunky writing

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 19, 2019

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm going to poach Mercedes to Black Eagles so it can truly be the house of the bis

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

the 'a supports have implied romance' angle allows for almost exactly the same kind of thing (shipping) but with way less clunky writing
You have a point. At least we're not going to see our troops fumble their way into a relationship...with each other, at least. Overall, it's not too bad of a change if you've got an active imagination, and this kind of topic tends to attract a lot of those.

Supersonic Shine fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 20, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

plus its better for my Gay Brain because if same-sex supports and male/female supports both end in a bit of flirting you can read both as valid versus awakening/fates where even if the same-sex supports had tons of romantic implications (Kjelle/Severa) you only got the WIFE/HUSBAND pop-up and the s-supports with straight couples.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I was hoping to try and poach Hilda for the Eagles because Axe Armor Serra is great and the best thing the Golden Deer have going for them, but since she's apparently their loyalist I dunno. Maybe Lysithea? Probably just whoever I take a liking to and/or lines up neatly with how I end up building Byleth once I start playing.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

im just hoping there's still paired endings

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

dmboogie posted:

im just hoping there's still paired endings

I've been wondering about this too, but I'm not sure how it'd work with unlimited supports and no S ranks. New Mystery and Echoes didn't have paired endings iirc, but then most of the romantic relationships in those games were already set in stone on account of being remakes. There's also the possibility they pull a Path of Radiance and eliminate character endings altogether, but that was pretty clearly because they were setting up Radiant Dawn instead.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Hunt11 posted:

It really is quite the intense opening.

Yeah, a little too dramatic for touring your school/base.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Cattail Prophet posted:

I've been wondering about this too, but I'm not sure how it'd work with unlimited supports and no S ranks. New Mystery and Echoes didn't have paired endings iirc, but then most of the romantic relationships in those games were already set in stone on account of being remakes. There's also the possibility they pull a Path of Radiance and eliminate character endings altogether, but that was pretty clearly because they were setting up Radiant Dawn instead.

Maybe instead of S rank you'll just get the dialog box asking "yo, dtf y/n?" and all it will change is dialog. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad of it, horny is prohibited

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Wait actually the solution should be that all paired endings you qualify for are simultaneously true. Let me build one big poly network.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Branching path involving Hilda (nothing story spoiler, it's mechanic)

https://twitter.com/edragonxx/status/1152353269970350081

That list of unrecruitables is not as unrecruitable as you think

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Gonna grab Ingrid and/or Sylvain because I want to see if Dimitri reacts to those betrayals in the timeskip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Actual leaks are happening, stay off anything remotely fire emblem and watch out for youtube.