Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not a Children posted:

Don’t preorder games

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I'd probably buy FFT again on the Switch. Especially if they improved the speed issues from the PSP version. I'm not sure if I'd want to play 7, 8, 9, X, or X-2 again.

Maybe X because the grid system is really cool and I could probably spec my characters differently than last time. And it comes with X-2 and I do like the job system.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

pixaal posted:

Counter Point: FF8, the moon is the worst part of the game it's the point it turns from a good game into a bad game.
No, it turned into a bad game at the part where it's revealed that they were all in the same orphanage as kids, but nobody remembers because everyone has amnesia.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Super cheap Starlink
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1152300539540979715?s=19

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't get why the orphanage reveal is such a big hated moment (i've heard it mentioned a lot in the past). The characters' relationships weren't fascinating at that point it's not like anything important was undermined.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

pixaal posted:

main site: https://developer.nintendo.com/
contact: https://developer.nintendo.com/web/development/contact

you are going to need a proven track record to get access to using licensed characters but I assume you have that if this isn't a joke post

Quoting for personal posterity as I've semi-serious intentions to make basically-NBA-Jam for the Switch since all the other B-Ball games suck and also I already made a basically-NBA-Jam game during a game jam.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

No Wave posted:

I don't get why the orphanage reveal is such a big hated moment (i've heard it mentioned a lot in the past). The characters' relationships weren't fascinating at that point it's not like anything important was undermined.

it's the first sign that the plot is gonna be a loving mess so that makes it more memorable

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
That's fair. Where the plot goes is kind of complicated and uninteresting and isnt really communicable in a short sentence like the orphanage thing is.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/reanimatoin/status/1151494413127999489

Can't wait for the patch to drop and all these issues to still exist. :laugh:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jarogue posted:

What ever happened to that Goose game

Still in development. I'm just angry that they refuse to call it rear end in a top hat Goose Shithead.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Metal Gear Solgoose

Or is Metal Goose Solid better?

Eh, my vote stays for Untitled Goose Game

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Hell Broke Goose

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Super cheap Starlink

I think I'm just going to buy the Starfox DLC so I can wrap up this game. I've never seen it go on sale, and I don't think it's going to. Has the Mario + Rabbids DLC ever gone on sale? I'm sure that'd indicate the likelihood for Starlink.

My summer of backlog beating is coming along nicely. I've finished Wargroove, though I'm not going bother to 100% right now or even go for good scores. I think Road Redemption and Rain World are dock-only games. They play fine handheld, but I'm both a bit worried about my joy-cons getting all drifty again, and there are some elements that are a touch too small for the screen, especially in Rain World.

So all I got left is Starlink and Steamworld Dig 2, besides those other two games. And then I can dedicate myself completely to Dark Souls. What a summer!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

American McGay posted:

That guy is real mad

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is it worth it to play DQB1 if DQB2 is here? I bought DQB1 awhile ago and haven’t really gone anywhere in it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is it worth it to play DQB1 if DQB2 is here? I bought DQB1 awhile ago and haven’t really gone anywhere in it.
No.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well talking about backlog... just added RE4 after picking up the Star Fox Starlink DLC. I can't say no to RE4 for sub-20 euro (19- something).

It'll be a nice game to dip into when Dark Souls gets frustrating I think.

Gonna beat Starlink first!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

LODGE NORTH posted:

The story is still good and if you have Dragon Quest 1 nostalgia, I'd definitely do a once over of the story mode.

Otherwise, no, DQB2 is just a straight upgrade of pretty much everything that isn't DQ1 nostalgia.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That guy is real mad

Tbf that's insanely bad. That transition is instantaneous on PC

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yes and you already own it so might as well go through it first.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

DQB1 is worth playing if you can manage to ignore that DQB2 exists.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

acksplode posted:

DQB1 is worth playing if you can manage to ignore that DQB2 exists.

They have different single player campaigns. Like someone above said, it’s worth it if you’re a fan of classic DQ. Otherwise yeah, skip to 2.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MMF Freeway posted:

Tbf that's insanely bad. That transition is instantaneous on PC

PS4 (Pro) does this in a handful of areas, also, but it's more like fractions of a second and not Twenty Seconds Holy poo poo

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=19520441011

Starlink battle for atlas starter edition for free if you have twitch prime/Amazon prime

(you order it for $15, get a $15 credit a week later)

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

GoodBee posted:

I'd probably buy FFT again on the Switch. Especially if they improved the speed issues from the PSP version
FYI, if you have a modded PSP (and why not?) there's a patch to fix the slowdown. Works with either a dumped ISO/CSO or the PSN version.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=19520441011

Starlink battle for atlas starter edition for free if you have twitch prime/Amazon prime

(you order it for $15, get a $15 credit a week later)

Do you have to use the toy to play the game

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Chad Jihad posted:

I think you only need to scan things in like once to use it in game. I know you don’t need to use them constantly.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

The Chad Jihad posted:

Yes, you have to use your switch to play the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

Filming the tv on a console with a share button drat

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LODGE NORTH posted:

Ehh i wouldnt ever go back having beaten 1 and half of 2

Smilin Joe Fission
Jan 24, 2007
I'd like to play both FF IX and FF XII at some point. Any thoughts on whether I should go with the Steam version versus the Switch, for either of these games?

Edit: Haven't played either of them before so nostalgia and previous experience are not factors.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Oscar Wild posted:

Yes, you have to use your switch to play the game.

*hurls hat on ground, stomps furiously*

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Smilin Joe Fission posted:

I'd like to play both FF IX and FF XII at some point. Any thoughts on whether I should go with the Steam version versus the Switch, for either of these games?

Edit: Haven't played either of them before.
Unless you want to play in 4K, the Switch version of 12 is actually the best one and has a few additional features over the previous HD remasters.

Smilin Joe Fission
Jan 24, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Unless you want to play in 4K, the Switch version of 12 is actually the best one and has a few additional features over the previous HD remasters.

Thanks. Now that I think about it, the Switch versions have the advantage by default since they're more portable. The Steam version would have to be better in some way more significant than portability to take the lead.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

The Chad Jihad posted:

If you buy the extra toys you have to scan them once a week I think. But for the ones that come with the starter pack you don't have to do anything with them, can just leave them in the box.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

There’s a fight in Smash where there’s dr Mario, a bunch of Snakes that spam explosives, only explosive items spawn, and the stage is full of explosion hazards. It is aggressively unfun. My question is, why? Is there someone that enjoys that sort of thing? Or maybe a spirit that makes it a test of skill rather than an rng fest?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
The camera in MUA3 is really awkward, especially when trying to pan around to find secret containers. I don't think it really compares favorably to a game like D3, but it's still pretty fun.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

it's not really an autoattacking game and maybe i just didn't play long enough, but it didn't hold my interest long enough to get out of the boring phase, if it ever changes. it was like "ok cycle attacks 2 4 debuff 1 3 basic spell 1 3 1 3 1 3 2 is about to expire reup that" which... that's just not my jam man, it might as well be autoattacking for as engaging as it was to me
Sounds like you got pretty far, least past the baby's first MMO chunk that is FXIV. They've been working at making the combat more varied that than that, plus some classes are inherently more complex than others. I haven't stated the newest xpac yet though

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Filming the tv on a console with a share button drat
Does the video share button even work in Bloodstained? I know some games disable it for performance reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I wish there were more options for sharing clips besides Facebook / Twitter.