Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Erebus posted:

I'm more put off by the fact that you keep turning saving women from assault into dating opportunities.

I mean, it IS detective fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So whats the deal with arcade games? I beat them a few dozen times to get a new friend?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neo Rasa posted:

I mean, it IS detective fiction.

Yeah, the heavy sax in the intro should have been a clear hint that this was very, very noir, with all the baggage that comes with that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The noir tales of Yagami and his buddy Ryan Acosta the american ninja who hangs on walls.

Bummed to hear about the other 2 romance options. Deffo felt lame that the ones I had gotten so far had sexual assault as part of their story.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

What’s the thread consensus on Yakuza Kiwami 2 on PC? Good port? I’ve only played Yak 0 but I liked it.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

pmchem posted:

What’s the thread consensus on Yakuza Kiwami 2 on PC? Good port? I’ve only played Yak 0 but I liked it.

I found it lovely. Nighttime Sotenbori and Kamurocho at 60 FPS / 4k in the Dragon Engine are A+. Only problems were occasional FPS stutters during gameplay and rare gamepad mapping issues at launch. Played well for the most part.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
is there any way i can increase the resolution on textures in kiwami 2 even further? they're pretty good but they get kind of blurry once you stand next to them. already on high settings.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I had to take a break from Kiwami 2 and just got back into working through the Cabaret Club storyline and Youda didn't betray Four Shine after all AND he got Majima back and everybody is happy and together again and it's so beautiful :unsmith:

Hwurmp posted:

You are not ready for what's coming.

I wasn't, and I'm so glad I managed to go unspoilered :)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's a wonderful storyline

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RGG: Manly Men Crying Manly Tears

Just finished Chapter 9

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
cool: street enemy drops a patriarch's bat in yakuza 5
not cool: playing shinada when an enemy drops a patriarch's bat

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Shinada hasn't got much in life but by god he has principles.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, just the one really.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just beat Judgment. Can't believe the number of dudes who came at Kaito.:blush:

Also, really enjoyed the story. The game still allowed itself those zany moments, but for the most part it attempted to tell a (comparatively) grounded story and the whole thing was better for it. Great cast, to boot. Saori is too strong.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

CharlestonJew posted:

Was there some sort of Kiryu reference in the game somewhere? I did most of the side content but didn't see any mention of Yagami seeing Kiryu or anything

Maybe I just misread something about the dragon paint job being so expensive because Yagami's a fanboy of him?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i eagerly await RGG to make some kinda john wick themed game where every time you press triange you leave 5 guys hella dead

Zushio
May 8, 2008
How is that handled in Kenzan! And Ishin? Isn't the main characters of those games Kiryu as a famous swordsman? Do you actually use a sword or still just run around punching dudes?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's been a long time since some goon did the translation LP of Kenzan but iirc in those games Kiryu is allowed to sword guys because he's playing historical figures who definitely killed a lot of dudes.

Either that or they let you sword guys in fights but usually they'll be just fine afterwards, no reason not to since you can do the same thing in the Yakuza games.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 22, 2019

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Shinjobi posted:

Also, really enjoyed the story. The game still allowed itself those zany moments, but for the most part it attempted to tell a (comparatively) grounded story and the whole thing was better for it. Great cast, to boot. Saori is too strong.

Hoshino is a good dude with a surprisingly solid character arc for a tertiary ally who seems genuine in his interest and respect but still does NOT AT ALL deserve best girl Saori

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
word of lesson learned the hard way replaying yakuza 4: kiryu hates eating worms. he really doesn't enjoy eating worms. if you picked worms from sunshine orphanage and are fighting extremely big loser ultimate r-slur prison guard boss, do not feed kiryu those worms. he will lose a good amount of health.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Digital Osmosis posted:

Hoshino is a good dude with a surprisingly solid character arc for a tertiary ally who seems genuine in his interest and respect but still does NOT AT ALL deserve best girl Saori

[ending spoilers] did I remember that scene wrong or does it end with Genda saying something about he can't judge someone for mixing work and love and then looking over at a picture of Matsugane. cause I think that's what happened and that owns

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

an actual dog posted:

[ending spoilers] did I remember that scene wrong or does it end with Genda saying something about he can't judge someone for mixing work and love and then looking over at a picture of Matsugane. cause I think that's what happened and that owns

You know I interpreted that as "ah who cares nobody listens to me anyways and Tak turned out just fine because of it" but I like your version better

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Thought I was gonna finish last night but the internet lied about how many chapters there were and my tummy hurt so I went to bed.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

an actual dog posted:

lol i finished the game last night, and was really wondering this too, i'm definitely gonna interpret that as gay love

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Got like 58 points in a round of Koi Koi without a cheat item haven't been this pumped since Akiyama's 100 man bout.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
THERE ARE FOUR (rainy) LIGHTS, bitch

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
There's a special animation for a heat move that only triggers if you have a guy follow you into Koi Bride and throw him into the fish pond :psyduck:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm back in Judgment after finishing some quest lines in FF14 and man, this Wareme Mahjong place rules. Fast games, huge payouts, fun times. I cleared the entire place and did a bunch of the girl's challenges in a couple hours and had a blast.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Mahjong rocks, and if you ever have a chance to play it in real life, do it. It's pretty fun.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if i played mahjong irl i would probably end up showing my hand like "aww yeah check this fuckin hand out" while the other players look confusedly because it isn't a valid hand

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

The White Dragon posted:

if i played mahjong irl i would probably end up showing my hand like "aww yeah check this fuckin hand out" while the other players look confusedly because it isn't a valid hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wouHpNCbqQY

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

i've played with a lady who called those "chickenshit" hands, but i dunno what they're called in riichi mahjong

Zushio
May 8, 2008
There is a lot of ways to invalidate yout hand apparently.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Man this game just goes on forever doesn’t it?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If you spend as much time searching for cats in investigations as I do, then yes.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I mean Yakuza titles are pretty long and jam packed with content. Judgment is no exception.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Xarbala posted:

If you spend as much time searching for cats in investigations as I do, then yes.

I love that the final boss fight plays itself every time for long enough for me to type this post

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNqFI1aRLRM

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

man nurse posted:

I mean Yakuza titles are pretty long and jam packed with content. Judgment is no exception.

I am specifically referring to the insane length of the final chapter, especially after the game specifically says “yo this is it.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Apraxin posted:

There's a special animation for a heat move that only triggers if you have a guy follow you into Koi Bride and throw him into the fish pond :psyduck:

There's two. One involves a turtle, the other a small shark biting their crotch.