Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

s.i.r.e. posted:

This is drat ugly, looks like some wallpaper old people would have in their house.

So you're saying it's a good-looking guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I made an impulse buy of a behringer SF300 (the clone of the FZ2) because they finally had one in stock on Amazon at regular price. All the ones on reverb were like double priced or more so I figured I could wait.

Good news is that I already have two guitars in B standard. I'll make a small demo recording once it comes in.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Dumb Facebook link. Interesting take on 'pickup selector'.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Stupid music poo poo here
https://wtop.com/local/2019/07/seei...xGx11klI-DNq_FI
One of the OG DC hard core/punk recording studios got broken into and a bunch of equipment stolen.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Thumposaurus posted:

Stupid music poo poo here
https://wtop.com/local/2019/07/seei...xGx11klI-DNq_FI
One of the OG DC hard core/punk recording studios got broken into and a bunch of equipment stolen.
HOW DARE THEY? :cry:

(Sorry; Fugazi is basically my favorite band and Don himself is a huge hero of mine)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

What’s truly bizarre is someone stole from two recording studios in a car with stolen plates/stolen car with no intention of selling these items because they are setting up their own studio?? That is the theory from the article?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, that was hella weird. Also one heckuva dick move.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What’s truly bizarre is someone stole from two recording studios in a car with stolen plates/stolen car with no intention of selling these items because they are setting up their own studio?? That is the theory from the article?

If that's enough to pique you're interest you're gonna be real interested in essentially the entire history of the music industry.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Pantera But With Three Guitars is the extremely white cover band we deserve.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:nws: that poo poo, man! Gross.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I want to say that that's the Questlove-branded kit they're selling at Guitar Center, he probably would be less than happy to see that. I'm certainly not happy seeing it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Raegan Youth

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Why are there microphones in that shot? I mean, I know why, but like, existentially why?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

why is the kick so small

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

This machine welcomes fascists.

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hexwren posted:

I want to say that that's the Questlove-branded kit they're selling at Guitar Center, he probably would be less than happy to see that. I'm certainly not happy seeing it.

yeah it definitely is, i noticed that right away too

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vulgar Display of White Power.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I like that the one guy is conveying his support for Trump simply by being old and white

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thermos H Christ posted:

I like that the one guy is conveying his support for Trump simply by being old and white

rahowa stu doesn't advertise

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

why is the kick so small

the cops get called if there's too much bass in that neighborhood

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 19, 2019

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I thought Pantera was already the white power version of Pantera.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea it’s a bit of a hat on a hat.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

https://reverb.com/item/25667983-fender-eric-johnson-tropical-turquoise-stratocaster

I played this guitar today.

I will probably never own something this nice, I was just trying out a used cry-baby and I didn't even look at the price till later.

But it was smooth and the neck was perfectly fit to my hand and I didn't have to try to make it sound clean and bright it just did.

GAS is stupid music poo poo.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

The Muppets On PCP posted:

rahowa stu doesn't advertise
Thanks for this.

Jonny Nox posted:

https://reverb.com/item/25667983-fender-eric-johnson-tropical-turquoise-stratocaster

I will probably never own something this nice, I was just trying out a used cry-baby and I didn't even look at the price till later.

But it was smooth and the neck was perfectly fit to my hand and I didn't have to try to make it sound clean and bright it just did.

WANT!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 20, 2019

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
oh poo poo i didn't realize that's fuckin randall terry the operation rescue rear end in a top hat

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

also special music poo poo:

The bullshit power adapter port on the Cry-Baby. I ended up using a 9-volt battery adapter because the plugs on my power supply don't actually plug into it

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Jonny Nox posted:

Say what you want about cheap vs more expensive guitars, but the more expensive Fenders all seem to have this feel that is so smooth. I've tried figuring it out and I just can't.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
A bound fingerboard on a Strat looks a little weird IMO. That is an absolutely gorgeous color, though. I'd love a Jazzmaster in it.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Jonny Nox posted:

also special music poo poo:

The bullshit power adapter port on the Cry-Baby. I ended up using a 9-volt battery adapter because the plugs on my power supply don't actually plug into it

A Cry Baby has a minuscule power draw and a 9-volt battery will last most people a year so it’s not really worth bothering with a PSU.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If the Crybaby lasts that long. :v:

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I’ve fixed several broken crybaby pedals over the years, nearly all of them had broken input jacks where someone had stepped on the plug and levered the jack off the board, reflowing the solder fixed them.

now I have more of these drat things than guitars, but they all sound different sooooooo

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 20, 2019

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

s.i.r.e. posted:

gently caress Your Website posted:

I thought Pantera was already the white power version of Pantera.

lmao :thurman:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

something arrived at my local guitar store

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Philthy posted:

Say what you want about cheap vs more expensive guitars, but the more expensive Fenders all seem to have this feel that is so smooth. I've tried figuring it out and I just can't.

It'd be interesting to put a Squier Classic Vibe or something similar in the hands of a good luthier and see what comes out. And how much it'd cost to make it feel "great". Sure, the value of it would still be low but if you're looking to create a really nice player perhaps it'd be worth it?

I have a Mexican Strat that was worked over by a Bulgarian luthier (turned into an Yngwie strat basically) and it's an insanely comfortable guitar that's just smooth all over, fret ends just perfect, tuners like butter... feels more refined than my PRS Custom 22.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Kilometers Davis posted:

:chloe:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Philthy posted:

it's the rolled fretboard edges

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

That plus well-polished frets make all the difference in the world.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Kilometers Davis posted:

Dick Dale signature model is probably left-handed :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

When I got sassy with my J-bass neck and sanded everything over, it felt like home. Roll them necks! I genuinely don't know why more manufacturers do it, since I'm a dummy dumb with sandpaper taped to a level and I managed to get it right.