Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Geostomp posted:

The only “redemption” for Akechi I would accept is him taking the rap for Joker to let him have the additional three months and agreeing to never appear again.

Even that would just be ripping off persona 4 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Stroth posted:

Even that would just be ripping off persona 4 though.

It’s the only excuse I can come up with as for why Joker gets to walk free in Royal with the plot we have now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I feel like the best answer is "Your friends don't so much convince the government to let you go as just convince them that it will be a significantly larger shitstorm if they hold onto you and martyr you rather than just letting you fade into obscurity. so they can brush all this under the rug." Threatening to weaponize the Streisand effect, if you will.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Or the defeat of Shido is more total so Sae can prosecute him without requiring Joker's testimony/support or whatever.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Guess what? It’s Trailer Tike again! This time with Makoto.

https://youtu.be/N5Wuqy85FoU

Not much to say, but she has a spike that puts Shadow Kamoshida to shame and clearly terrifies Ryuji in their Showtime attack.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I do like the idea of more Makoto and Sae scenes.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Did Makoto always like fish?

Malah
May 18, 2015

Ann's tier 3 persona is obviously Bayonetta. Whip optional. (Kulshedra is criminally underrated.)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Trailer implies Ryuji and Makoto form a relationship in Royal, something I approve of.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Geostomp posted:

Not much to say, but she has a spike that puts Shadow Kamoshida to shame and clearly terrifies Ryuji in their Showtime attack.

My god they actually made Sae act like an older sibling instead of Lawyer Bot 187. It's honestly kinda hard to imagine her giving her little sister poo poo by telling embarrassing stories to the new boyfriend.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Geostomp posted:

Sae and Makoto? Actually interacting positively? What is this heresy?

Also, what's with the discount Fanta?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I've seen some images floating around that imply a Sae romance is coming too.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Grapplejack posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Romance Sae, "redeem" Akechi and make him a permanent member of the party, then accept Yaldy's deal at the end of the game (assuming it's still offered given how much the endgame looks to be changing).

Betray your ideals and go full heel.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Grapplejack posted:

Pththya-lyi posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

:shepicide:

[Yoda]The thirst is strong in this one.[/Yoda]

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Stroth posted:

My god they actually made Sae act like an older sibling instead of Lawyer Bot 187. It's honestly kinda hard to imagine her giving her little sister poo poo by telling embarrassing stories to the new boyfriend.

Yeah, it does seem like a nice moment where Sae shows a sense of humor and having Joker and Makoto dating fat the time would really fit.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sae tells Joker a funny story about Makoto when she was younger, then as she leaves tells Makoto to drop dead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Which remake of the game lets you date the judge that sentenced Kamoshida for trying to hook up with a minor?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I can't help but love Ann and Morgana's combo attack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QflU-Gf_Myk

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wait.

Is the only reason that Morgana has a crush on Anne because her Metaverse personality is cat-themed?

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
First one, then the other.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
When I was exploring the #persona5theroyal hashtag on YouTube, I noticed some videos from what appear to be alt-right accounts complaining that SJWs are trying to CENSOR Kasumi's thief costume because it shows off her bare legs and this would DESTROY the game's sales! :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's all bullshit: it seems like every time right-wingers claim there's a MASSIVE SJW CAMPAIGN against some media property they cite 3-4 Twitter accounts with 200 followers between them, or a tongue-in-cheek Buzzfeed article, or maybe 1 or 2 online thinkpieces discussing why the property might be pRoBlEMaTIc but not calling for censorship. But I don't want to give these chud accounts any views to confirm that. I sure as hell don't think putting some more clothes on Kasumi is going to RUIN P5R.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Wait.

Is the only reason that Morgana has a crush on Anne because her Metaverse personality is cat-themed?

Nah, he fell for her as soon as he saw her in her normal clothes. The cat theme was just a bonus.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
He didn't seem to have many human contacts before meeting the protagonist, so it's probably a combination of flashing on the first girl he's "friends" with, that girl being particularly attractive and Morgana being kind of a shallow goof, and the whole deal with his complex about wanting to be human.

Plus he's Magician, so he's fated to have his lovelife (or lack thereof) punch him in the nuts at least once.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheKirbs posted:

Did Makoto always like fish?
I think the aquarium might be a new location for dates/hanging out with Confidants to learn more about them, since Makoto is talking about her father in the clip. Maybe we'll learn more about what her father was like and/or how much she looked up to him?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

AradoBalanga posted:

I think the aquarium might be a new location for dates/hanging out with Confidants to learn more about them, since Makoto is talking about her father in the clip. Maybe we'll learn more about what her father was like and/or how much she looked up to him?

This raises the obvious question, will they change the game so that hanging out with confidants is no longer a waste of half a day if you're not ranking them up?

Because they put in all of these locations you can take people and it's wasted because the rank up events are all in fixed places.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

When I was exploring the #persona5theroyal hashtag on YouTube, I noticed some videos from what appear to be alt-right accounts complaining that SJWs are trying to CENSOR Kasumi's thief costume because it shows off her bare legs and this would DESTROY the game's sales! :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's all bullshit: it seems like every time right-wingers claim there's a MASSIVE SJW CAMPAIGN against some media property they cite 3-4 Twitter accounts with 200 followers between them, or a tongue-in-cheek Buzzfeed article, or maybe 1 or 2 online thinkpieces discussing why the property might be pRoBlEMaTIc but not calling for censorship. But I don't want to give these chud accounts any views to confirm that. I sure as hell don't think putting some more clothes on Kasumi is going to RUIN P5R.

These are the same people who complained about censorships of Tera's Elin race. Don't google that.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Our favorite tiny nerd got her trailer today.

https://youtu.be/asZwmiMgBBc

Shows Star Wars/pyramid-inspired third Persona and how her All Out Attack works.

Now in English:

https://youtu.be/iqSrrTfJ6sQ

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 23, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Shows Star Wars/pyramid-inspired third Persona and how her All Out Attack works.

Now in English:

Do we know what it's called?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Geostomp posted:

Now in English:

Does her AoA splash screen read “Git Gud”? Oh man, that works so drat well.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It does.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
git gud or git got

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

git gud or git got

git gud or git smoked

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XVI: False Closure, Part 2

We’ve officially run out of ways to spend time in this game! No more Confidants, no more training, it’s all hosed! So we’re just going to sleep until the endgame!

Time to go sleep another day awa—oh gently caress my DVD!

Whoops.

Well, poo poo.

This isn’t the first time you’re late, is it? Didn’t I warn you? …… Ugh, There are a bunch of customers in line, and my shift’s already over… …… Since there are extenuating circumstances, I’ll waive the late fee this time. If you miss the due date again, you will need to pay the fee. Please try to return DVDs on time. Don’t count on this again, OK?

They didn’t even write a new excuse, ha. Apparently for whatever reason, the late fees aren’t real in this game. Weird.

We’re going to head into Mementos real quick to do some preparations for a later bit.

We need all the Treasure Demons in the game, which means it’s time to pop a Treasure Trap and go a-hunting! It takes me like an hour and a half to find the two we were missing, but it’s worth it because we can’t complete the Compendium without them.

Meanwhile, in another save file, we’re going to see what happens when we don’t steal Shido’s heart in time. We’ve already cleared the Palace by this point, and fought the boss at the end. Keep that in mind.

Music: Desire

Akechi! You’re looking… healthy.

What a surprise… To think you’d pull the wool over my eyes.

That big Phantom Thieves banner over the couch? You got a problem with it, cop?

No. It’s certainly this young man. I have evidence on him.
You used a mysterious power to show an illusion to Goro Akechi, as well as shot and killed a guard.

Oh yeah, “mysterious powers” are totally admissable in court, my dude. Everyone remembers the landmark United States v. Mysterio. Also nobody actually died, right? Sae just told the guard to leave before he got erased. What’s this dude talking about? Are they just pinning random poo poo on me?

You’d better not try anything funny. We’re authorized to shoot if needed this time.

I mostly just included that because Zombkechie is really funny to me, but we’re not done with bad endings just yet.

Music: Desire

I shall grant you an opportunity to make a deal with me.

Yet you still intend on toying with him!?
The Phantom Thieves will be praised and gain fame. The world will escape ruin as well. ...What say you?

I dunno, sounds pretty good to me.

*chuckle* You truly are a child of man… It seems you couldn’t win against your own desires. There is no need to be ashamed. I shall grant you that wish… *evil chuckle*

Jesus christ!!!

Several hospital directors admitted their involvement, contrary to earlier statements denying such.

A calling card was delivered, so it is speculated that the Phantom Thieves are at it once again. On to other news. A fire broke out at a condominium, and multiple people were injured. Heinous crimes such as arson and burglary are on the rise. Police caution everyone to be vigilant.

*nod*

The police have officially withdrawn the arrest warrant on the Phantom Thieves… As well as apologized for those who led the investigation, citing they were inadequate for the task. Due to a drastic change in policy, it is speculated that they had a change of heart as well…

There’s no way the Phantom Thieves could be evil…
The actions of the Phantom Thieves show no sign of stopping. Change of heart police reports have already surpassed one hundred cases.
Only a hundred? I thought it would’ve been double that already.
Yeah, I know whatcha mean. We see news on them every day.
Meanwhile, there are reports that the rate of crimes and suicides are declining--

It just means that more cases are being exposed thanks to the Phantom Thieves. Don’t worry. I’m sure they’ll do something about all that.

Music: Freedom and Security

This was by far the most elaborate bad end, which is to say, still not very. But it does have Evil Maaku, so there’s that.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

After how cool the accomplice ending in P4G was, these are all pretty underwhelming. Hopefully that's something Royal can make a little more interesting. Vanilla P4's bad ending was boring too. I should know, I got it like three times trying to get through that conversation.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The video store late fee bluff is amazing. Though the absurdity of a $500 late fee breaks the illusion a little.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I dunno, I kind of like the bad ending because of how close it comes to actually understanding what the game's themes are supposed to be. (In the same way the Accomplice Ending was about using comfortable lies over an uncomfortable truth, this one is about supporting a broken system because it benefits you personally.)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder what happens to the rest of the Phantom Thieves in that ending.

Who are you and what have you done with Morgana?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Who are you and what have you done with Morgana?

Maaku sleeps when the cat says to sleep. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

megane posted:

Maaku sleeps when the cat says to sleep. :catstare:

So much like actual cat ownership. :v: