Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I can also tell if someone is a good person or not by sniffing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it is true that the super powers of the humans are a little unimaginative compared to the demons. unless you count the sword styles as more than just a cool visual representation

hear good, smell good, breathe good, bend good, head hard

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the animation has been adequate but the series pacing has sucked. they could, by the looks of the manga's plotting, easily have covered the whole series in 48/52ish eps. which at the current pace is unlikely

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What y'all need to understand about Zenitsu is unlike say, Mineta, he is not merely an anime pervert but actually completely insane, way moreso than Inousuke.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Zenitsu is a normal boy thrust into an insane world of demons and demon slayers

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zenitsu rules

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rody One Half posted:

What y'all need to understand about Zenitsu is unlike say, Mineta, he is not merely an anime pervert but actually completely insane, way moreso than Inousuke.

Applies Everyone in the demon slayer corps
Inosuke may be the most normal person of them alll

Zenitsus mug has "you gotta be crazy to work here" on it

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jul 8, 2019

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I found the last episode really irritating what with there being two characters now who scream all their lines.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

They are the best teammates a guy and his little sister in a box could have

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Relin posted:

the animation has been adequate but the series pacing has sucked. they could, by the looks of the manga's plotting, easily have covered the whole series in 48/52ish eps. which at the current pace is unlikely

That'd be great for getting caught up, but getting caught up could be a bad thing if it means you have to wait 1 year+ before continuing the series and losing a lot of momentum, the way people say Attack on Titan did.

I sort of still hate Zenitsu and Inosuke individually, but when you throw Tanjiro in there as team mom they're pretty entertaining. Or team eldest brother, I guess.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I think the pacing of the latest episode could've been a little better. They clearly didn't want to get into the meat of the forest today and stretched it out a bit.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

OnimaruXLR posted:

Or team eldest brother, I guess.
That's his gig. Tanjiro is an entertaining tsukkomi/straight man because he is a good, earnest young man... but even he has his limits.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I think the pacing of the latest episode could've been a little better. They clearly didn't want to get into the meat of the forest today and stretched it out a bit.

sad that this is like a defining point of this adaptation lol

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If I started to appreciate Zenitsu last episode, it didn't last, and I'm back to wondering why he's even in this show. His dumb jokes are not entertaining and he's annoying nearly to literally all the time he's on-screen. The only good thing that's come from him is his bird and I feel sorry for the poor thing.

At least Inosuke is still good and Tanjiro and Nezuko never stopped being great, but god, remove the kid or have him go through character growth ASAP please.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'll forgive him the next time he does a cool sword thing

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
All things considered, it does reflect pretty badly on Zenitsu that Inosuke seems to be a faster learner than him

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I find Zenitsu far less annoying now that he's not hiding behind children.

The way Tanjiro plays off of them as the "straight man with a breaking point" is pretty great since it humanizes him a bit compared to how dead seriously earnest he usually is.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Zenitsu moping on the road until he suddenly realised “:aaa: Tanjiro took Nezuko into the forest!!’” then rushing in got a good belly laugh from me

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

When they're travelling at night then Nezuko should walk and Zenitsu should be in the box

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Tanjiro is such a good boy. And I love that even though he always tries to see the best in people and is very patient with idiots like Inosuke and Zenitsu. He also clearly has a breaking point. It makes him a much more realistic character.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/ukitakeponz/status/1150461912125075456

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Built up a backlog of episodes and then watched two episodes a week, and I feel like that helps with some pacing problems I saw mentioned so I'll probably try and keep that up. Finished Episode 14 and I feel like I'm coming around on this more now that there's more of a group. I liked the drum demon a lot and Inosuke is a beautiful boy. I do hope the party becomes more active in the plot rather than just following their crow waypoint marker. And also maybe Nezuko does more, I loved that she helped in the Ball + Arrow fight but I honestly forgot she existed for the three or so episodes they were in the moving house.

Also Zenitsu's bit kinda really blows. His big scene where he got to be cool and then didn't even know he did it was the biggest loving whiplash for me. And the last five or so minutes of Episode 14 where he is just shouting almost constantly despite Tanjiro telling him to stop was rooooough. And as much as I like Inosuke, I really want Tanjiro to make some friends that have some volume control or don't wear a muzzle. I get that Tanjiro is this elder brother type and so kinda is supposed to be wrangling and taking care of these goofballs, but boy it'd be nice to for him to engage with a normal person

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Tanjiro's chance at making normal friends died with his family.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Inosuke rules

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Mimesweeper posted:

What's really important is they're all the best, but not as the best as Inosuke.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh. I didn't expect neither the Spider Mom, just unceremoniously snapping the neck of the controlled Demon Hunters after Tanjiro and Inosuke spend like half episode trying to save them, nor that the Demons apparently decided that the best part of the whole "family" thing they have going on is being able to go full on domestic violence and abuse.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Inosuke's reaction to being big brothered is adorable

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm ready for some big ZENITSU content

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait are the Demon hunters they left to that one rando dead too?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If they didn't want to die unceremoniously they should have gotten themselves names, distinct outfits, and wacky personalities. :colbert:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey guys I think the demon hunters bossman is terrible manager.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I still think he's gotta be motivated by the desire to tear down humanity (and maybe families in particular, considering recent events) to constantly prove to himself that they don't have anything he can't.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man modern anime productions really despise using actual narrators don't they?

I guess they did try harder to sort of explain it in context but the point of that attack at the end is that it's designed to kill demons painlessly- but it only works when they offer their own necks willingly.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel that was effectively conveyed and went over much better than stopping to explain attack lore would've been

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I was pretty confused. It was obvious Tanjiro did something different from what he was originally planning but not why or what exactly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I thought it was pretty obvious what it was intended to do. It wasn't nearly as obvious how or why it worked but it's a fantasy series so I don't particularly need to know that either. It's just how Tanjiro's Hamon works and that's fine.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like the demon's inner monologue is pretty explicit about the whole thing. she accepts her death, tanjiro can see it obviously in her body language, his new attack is said by the demon to feel like gentle rain and be painless. then you get flashback to demonic domestic abuse in case you really needed to know why she wanted to die beyond her scene with Rui introducing the hosed up family dynamic.

and why tanjiro would be nice to a demon is a non-question at this point

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It would be pretty good if Yaiba had the Jojo narrator.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah the Spider Family are not a good family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rody One Half posted:

It would be pretty good if Yaiba had the Jojo narrator.
Kaguya-sama narrator or bust! :colbert: