Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

spankmeister posted:

Be warned though, its bellingcat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
slovenian constitutional court decided a couple days ago that auto-recognition of license plates is unconstitutional for privacy reasons and thus verboten :hellyeah:

now they just have to do the same for face recog

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

quote:

Buying a home is twice as expensive as it was in the 1990s, with home owners now spending nine times their average salary on a property, Rabobank economists have told the Telegraaf.

In the 1990s, an average home cost four to five times the average salary, the paper said. House prices have risen much more than salaries, meaning home owners have to spend a bigger chunk of their life’s earnings on a property. ‘Home ownership may be considered normal but it is not necessarily an option for the man in the street any more,’ economist Nic Vrieselaar told the paper.

Research by Calcasa earlier this year showed that nine in 10 houses in the Netherlands out of reach to people earning the average income of €36,000 and who are without assets or a property to sell. Some 60% of the homes on the market are an option for people earning €5,000, the property research group said.

Earlier this year, real estate broker Knight Frank found house prices in Amsterdam have outstripped incomes faster than in any other global city in the last five years. In the five-year period to September 2018 homes in the Dutch capital grew in value by 63.6%, even though incomes rose by just 4.4%.

Surely the Dutch government will do something about this...

oh...

right...

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Even the Dutch are screwed?! Well, at least we're in this together.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

At least we'll loving drown way before any of you.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I honestly wonder if the Ditch ever have a chance of a more leftist government again...

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

An insane mind posted:

I honestly wonder if the Ditch ever have a chance of a more leftist government again...
The next one is looking to be the neolibs with the protofash ones at this rate. And now I am sad.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

How the gently caress does VVD stay a-loving float and you think FvD is going to get even bigger? Fuuuuuuuuck.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Puppet Master posted:

Surely the Dutch government will do something about this...

oh...

right...
not really surprised that the dutch are getting similar to americans, considering their bastard descendants are partially responsible for our strain of political christianity

Honest Thief posted:

Even the Dutch are screwed?! Well, at least we're in this together.
the good news is that Wilders may not be as relevant in the dutch political system as previously thought. the bad news is that Thierry Baudet stands to gain from that and he gives me serious serial killer vibes. also he thinks the French Revolution was a mistake

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Theyre good op

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:barf:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that's the look of a man who wants to make "kill Bart Simpson" a part of his campaign platform

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.
European Parliament elected a movie villain as the President of the European Commission
- German
- Blonde
- Taller than Angela Merkel
- Doctor
- Has "von" in the name

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
*extremely american voice* Amsterdam is the netherlands right? ok well we're still good I guess

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

That drone video was a pr stunt for a Instagram influencer.also it was in Brazil, not portugal.although we really did turn into the Florida of Europe, only with less gators.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

welp Poland's probably hosed in their upcoming elections. also, they're almost single-handedly delaying an EU wide carbon deal. Poland may possibly play ball in exchange for having Brussels turn the other way as they neuter their judicial system

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

That drone video was a pr stunt for a Instagram influencer.
of course it was. the world isn't allowed to have funny, spontaneous things anymore

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

An insane mind posted:

How the gently caress does VVD stay a-loving float and you think FvD is going to get even bigger? Fuuuuuuuuck.

the neoliberals stopped talking about the economy and went after the racist vote using white identity politics.

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

Paris map in the new Deus Ex is looking good

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
have you guys ever seen this video i think its like a milk commercial

but theres like a giant CGI cow and milk shoots out of all of its udders at the end onto a bunch of kids

i think its french

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

drat they went after themselves????

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

cargo cult posted:

have you guys ever seen this video i think its like a milk commercial

but theres like a giant CGI cow and milk shoots out of all of its udders at the end onto a bunch of kids

i think its french

Yeap ive seen it. Its kids skeletons (because calcium)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfVZtDh5UQk

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:wtc:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
lmfao thank you kurtofan

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
here's another one in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGJTYfAbyDQ

twoday
May 4, 2005

French commercials are the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK4Bh_arF-E

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

*Knock Knock*
CDS: Yes? Hi we got our asses handed to us on a recent election, and are currently being screamed at by the press for siding with a healthcare proposal that was there to address stuff like a case of a baby that needed heavy crowdfunding for the world's most expensive medicine, even tho we sided with that because anyone who knows the english language can just print out the results for gofundme healthcares and hurl it at our heads any time we propose to "liberalize" it.
"The right is dying in Portugal! Do something!"
CDS: Huh I guess I could do the thing I did in 2017 which was to shame the current government for not a quick enough response to the fires
"No one is dead even if we tried to convince people in 2018 that taking old people who were walking into live fires was populism and government hysterics."
CDS: Ok how about we do a law on whistleblowers that specifically singles out like, actual dangerous whistleblowing so the only whistleblowing you can do is either pro-cop or pro-military and that doesn't shame let's say, major sports teams.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Portugal burning up again, I'm guessing two new helicopters are purchased when this is all over to shut people up and then next year what didn't burn up will.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I look forward to Assunção Cristas being on the press going "HOW DAAARE YOOOOUUUUUU" over and over again and being cheered on until she gets dropped on the side for some "Liberal alternative" dumbass that suggests enslaving 25% of the population for fire fighting duties or to get the IDF to go fight our fires for us the minute she criticizes PSD again.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Or have people from the cities lambasting the dumb farmers for not ripping out eucalyptus from the entire north of Portugal. I mean, it's just cutting them down! /s

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Honest Thief posted:

Or have people from the cities lambasting the dumb farmers for not ripping out eucalyptus from the entire north of Portugal. I mean, it's just cutting them down! /s

Its not farmers that planted the eucalyptus.
Unless you consider navigator and Portucel farmers.
Maybe this whole profit motive that had us wholesale rip up century old oaks and olive trees and replace them by eucalyptus and pine is a bad idea.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Its not farmers that planted the eucalyptus.
Unless you consider navigator and Portucel farmers.
Maybe this whole profit motive that had us wholesale rip up century old oaks and olive trees and replace them by eucalyptus and pine is a bad idea.

I was being sarcastic, but there's a class struggle component where people from the inner country are subject to having scrap off however they can, and a tendency to focus on simple targets to blame for wildfires. People now bemoan eucalyptus while failing to consider why they were planted in the first place and expect to the few remaining people in the villages to "clean the woods".

twoday
May 4, 2005

is a Portucel like an incel

I know there is a massive eucalyptus forest in the Azores that dates back to the colonial era, I'm not sure what the mainland Eucalyptus situation is like

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twoday posted:

I know there is a massive eucalyptus forest in the Azores that dates back to the colonial era, I'm not sure what the mainland Eucalyptus situation is like

Eucalyptus trees are hilarious if it gets hot enough they literally explode

which causes surrounding trees to explode

and that's how brushfires happen

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Is this like when some joker planted ultra flammable eucalyptus trees around California?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

twoday posted:

they're a paper making company here, and between the late 60's to 80's(?) there was a big push to plant more eucalyptus because of fast growing they are. a lot of man made fires here are simply started because burnt wood is still usable and cheaper

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Netherlands just officially adopted the Burqa ban. One of the main newspapers published an article suggesting that people should enforce it by performing citizen's arrests and the far-right are talking about forming street patrols to harass Muslim women. https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/dutch-ban-on-burka-niqab-goes-into-effect-1.7612345

Geert Wilders is gloating and saying the next step is banning headscarves in general:
https://twitter.com/geertwilderspvv/status/1156893977624403970

Love to live in a country that's always telling itself how tolerant it is :grin:

ekuNNN has issued a correction as of 13:44 on Aug 1, 2019

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

Netherlands just officially adopted the Burqa ban. One of the main newspapers published an article suggesting that people should enforce it by performing citizen's arrests and the far-right are talking about forming street patrols to harass Muslim women. https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/dutch-ban-on-burka-niqab-goes-into-effect-1.7612345

Geert Wilders is gloating and saying the next step is banning headscarves in general:

Love to live in a country that's always telling itself how tolerant it is :grin:
ah, but what does Thierry Baudet have to say about it? will he talk in classy-sounding and completely psychotic prose how Europe needs to storm the gates of the vile Turk, or attack the Moor where he lives?

i also assume that the dutch government is "leftist" in the same way that the new danish government is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

ekuNNN posted:

wtf