Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Drink?
This poll is closed.
Water 32 26.67%
Tea 21 17.50%
Soda 28 23.33%
Alcoholic 22 18.33%
I dunno 17 14.17%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they arent occult detectives btw, they're just steampunk spies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Princess Principal is really good. Are those movies or whatever still gonna happen

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

doomrider7 posted:

It was Princess Principal, but I remember something like that that looked awesome so sharing would be nice.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/325175510/blossom-detective-holmes-the-animated-mini-series

it's that.

wow can't believe it was that long ago rip my sense of time

Lessail fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 20, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

Princess Principal is really good. Are those movies or whatever still gonna happen
Ange's VA got very sick and had to retire completely from VAing so I imagine that's the cause for the delay.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Endorph posted:

they arent occult detectives btw, they're just steampunk spies

Yeah I saw. The aesthetic was so similar that it threw me off.

Endorph posted:

Ange's VA got very sick and had to retire completely from VAing so I imagine that's the cause for the delay.

That sucks and I hope she gets better.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That's a shame. I'm used to waiting a long time for my shows so that's nothing but I hope she's able to recover

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Dangerous Person posted:

That's a shame. I'm used to waiting a long time for my shows so that's nothing but I hope she's able to recover

Stuff like that reminds me of Hunter x Hunter and D. Gray man

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
We watched the Munto OVAs. It's interesting seeing one of Kyoani's earliest works, and seeing just how far they've come from that. But yeah, I honestly cannot recommend the movies in good faith, nothing really happens for most of them except for consequence-less battle with characters you know nothing about, and very minor, mundane problems going on with teenage girls who are bad at communicating things.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Colonel posted:

everyone loves isekai mom, a wholesome show about a boy's relationship with his mother

we are sorry to report the unexpected outcome that the mom got naked and covered in slime and shouted "your mommy is soaking wet"

good?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

akuto

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

everyone who left before aim for the ace super missed out holy poo poo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lets hang out posted:

everyone who left before aim for the ace super missed out holy poo poo
its a loving masterpiece lmao

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth
aim for the ace owns, I'm glad I saw it

munto on the other hand is probably the most baffling thing I've watched since garzey's wing. honestly if they cut out all the fantasy/space battles stuff and it was just a drama about ichiko and yumemi being gay and trying to deal with her hallucinations it could've been pretty good, but it's a mess as-is

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

noether posted:

aim for the ace owns, I'm glad I saw it

munto on the other hand is probably the most baffling thing I've watched since garzey's wing. honestly if they cut out all the fantasy/space battles stuff and it was just a drama about ichiko and yumemi being gay and trying to deal with her hallucinations it could've been pretty good, but it's a mess as-is
I feel like they could maybe make a reasonable story out of either the incredibly down to earth story of a girl trying to keep her friends from making horrible life decisions OR the buckwild magic and martial arts vs spaceships and robots war story, but as soon as they would cut from one to the other I'd completely forget about what was happening on the other side. having both of them is so jarring that it totally destroyed my object permanence

its also nuts that I definitely saw all of munto like 3 years ago before the Munto Meme ended and didn't remember a second of the last half of it

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Aim for the Ace movie was great. Sad that they had to take out the drama with the girl who was replaced by Hiromi, but they had to cut something.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

located the first instance of the Munto Meme, can't believe the munto simulwatch finally happened...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750570&pagenumber=217&perpage=40#post452795752

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
don't lay the blame on me you bastard i was too young then to know what i was doing

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that was so long ago i used proper punctuation

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you were no angel

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

take it easy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you know the weirdest thing to consider about my early posting is how my adtrw debut was just posting random manga images at sharky

i've come a long way. i no longer post random gifs from punchline at people who's posting i dislike. i've also come a long way because i don't really like punchline anymore

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I've come a long way in my posting. i used to post

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I refuse to post.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Aurora posted:

I've come a long way in my posting. i used to post

Judge not by the size or the count of the post, but by its content.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If I shitpost, I now shitpost far less per month than I used to.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Grouchio posted:

If I shitpost, I now shitpost far less per month than I used to.

So you just post less.

sorry

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just FYI the Japanese media has a name, confession as he was being taken into custody as reported by witnesses, and the year book of the arsonist. Pretty much any Japanese source you read or link to from here on out will have the guy's full history since that's what they do.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

aim for the ace is so badass

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aim For The Top

noether
May 1, 2017

Spiritus Nox posted:

Aim For The Top

gunbuster/aim for the ace crossover when

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

noether posted:

you just watched it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

noether posted:

....You mean Gunbuster?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

idk how much of it is in the 78 series that was cut from the movie, but there's a ton of stuff in the 73 series that's just 1:1 with Gunbuster, like a scene where the coach takes oka aside to show how hard ochoufujin trains, or a whole hazing sequence culminating in someone putting a thumbtack in oka's seat. plus the whole training camp/national team selection process is totally reflected in Gunbuster through the space station/top squadron stuff

the most shocking thing about watching Aim for the Ace was remembering how everyone said that episode 1 of Gunbuster was the Ace homage, but no it makes up like almost half of that series, pretty much up until the moment Smith (Toudou) dies. and they're not just references, its major structural elements of the story

noether
May 1, 2017

I need to rewatch gunbuster then

I just remember all the time dilation/rip van winkle type stuff towards the end

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I post when I poo poo, and I poo poo when I post.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DoubleDonut posted:

I post when I poo poo, and I poo poo when I post.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
I know you're here brian, show yourself

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

toddy. posted:

I know you're here brian, show yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013