Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I didn't know John McCrea worked on designs for the book, I thought it was Derrick Robertson.

Yeah, I thought McCrea did one of the miniseries (or both).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

I didn't know John McCrea worked on designs for the book, I thought it was Derrick Robertson.

Sorry, got confused for a moment, since Robertson started the book, McCrea finished it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Pennyworth doesn't look terrible.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I gotta at least give Lindelof props for having the balls to decide 'OK, I'mma do a sequel to WATCHMEN'.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I gotta at least give Lindelof props for having the balls to decide 'OK, I'mma do a sequel to WATCHMEN'.

I mean, yet another adaptation of Moore's story would have sucked. This probably will too, but it'll succeed or fail on its' own merits.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Burt Ward from Batman '66 will appear in CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths

They really are going all out for this aren't they?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

https://twitter.com/charlespulliam/status/1152717205311610880?s=21

That clears up what Superman he will be playing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Holy poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've given up on the CW heroes before the last season started but Burt Ward is the first thing that's made me reconsider that.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Let's see if they get anyone from the Birds of Pret TV show from Long ago

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Madkal posted:

Let's see if they get anyone from the Birds of Pret TV show from Long ago

This isn't quite what you mean, but Rachel Skarsten is playing Alice in Batwoman.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
They get Aaron Paul.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Maybe he'll be Nightwing '66! :v:

I know this won't happen but if all my dreams came true he'd be there just to be on comms with... Batman Beyond '66.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

Maybe he'll be Nightwing '66! :v:

I know this won't happen but if all my dreams came true he'd be there just to be on comms with... Batman Beyond '66.

Surely that would be called Batman Beyond '99

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Surely that would be called Batman Beyond '99

yes :discourse:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doom Patrol renewed!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Doom Patrol renewed!

The only SDCC news that matters!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this! posted:

Doom Patrol renewed!

Hell loving yes¡!!!!!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yeah, notably bad movies like The Dark Knight show he is incapable of being involved in any good projects where he has other people working with him.

Just like poison, Goyer has to be heavily diluted to be point of almost having no influence at all.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Has there been any word on Cloak and Dagger? :ohdear:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

X-O posted:

I've given up on the CW heroes before the last season started but Burt Ward is the first thing that's made me reconsider that.

The trailer for the new season of The Flash opens with philosophical narration from Sendhil Ramamurthy, playing a scientist researching metas, so you know this next season is going to be quality stuff. :)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Argue posted:

The trailer for the new season of The Flash opens with philosophical narration from Sendhil Ramamurthy, playing a scientist researching metas, so you know this next season is going to be quality stuff. :)

Barry uses the Speed Force to finally save Peter’s girlfriend from the dystopian future he dumped her in.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Argue posted:

Oh gently caress off, really? Alright that's enough to re-kill my little bit of interest. Thank you for saving me. I honestly appreciate it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

Oh gently caress off, really? Alright that's enough to re-kill my little bit of interest. Thank you for saving me. I honestly appreciate it.

He's playing a villain named Bloodwork. I'm unfamiliar with the character.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

He's playing a villain named Bloodwork. I'm unfamiliar with the character.

He's super new, like 2017 new. He's been in 3 comics, 5 if you count background cameos. He's a hemophiliac medical examiner who turned into a bloodbender. They'll probably just make the rest of his character up whole cloth for the show or hell, do something entirely different since there's so little character there, it's not like they've got to stay faithful to the source or anything.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 21, 2019

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Davros1 posted:

The Boys has been renewed for a Season 2. And Simon Pegg will guest star as Hughie's father. Hughie is the character John McCrea based off of Pegg.

This is more just an industry question but how can they know whether they want to renew this show or not when it isn't even out yet and they don't have any viewing numbers?

Did the execs watch it or something and just like it? I don't really understand how this stuff works.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

mikeraskol posted:

This is more just an industry question but how can they know whether they want to renew this show or not when it isn't even out yet and they don't have any viewing numbers?

Did the execs watch it or something and just like it? I don't really understand how this stuff works.

Might be as simple as "X amount of people added it to their watchlist"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mikeraskol posted:

Usually there's some behind-the-scenes deal or whatnot. The first season of Star Trek: Discovery basically paid for itself thanks to a deal to put it on Netflix in overseas markets, making renewing it a no-brainer for CBS. Generally you'll find that some circumstance has made production much cheaper than it would normally be so the studio feels safe going all-in on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is bouncing around, could be bullshit but I'm all for it if true

https://cosmicbook.news/tom-welling-lynda-carter-crisis?fbclid=IwAR06MVkdVWKm8N-0tZE8fDrDiEgK4Zw404UfqDnPe-QkrzWdG8X_U8wHw_4

quote:

EXCLUSIVE: TOM WELLING, LYNDA CARTER RETURNING FOR CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS

WB is going all out for their upcoming Arrowverse Crisis On Infinite Earths event as Tom Welling and Linda Carter are in talks to return.

A source at Comic-Con has filled me in on details regarding the crossover, which I'll say is bigger than anyone thought.

Tom Welling, of course, is known for Smallville and will reprise his character, with Lynda Carter having played the '70s Wonder Woman. Carter actually appeared in episodes of Supergirl, but she will be back as Wonder Woman.

Comic-Con also saw it announced that Brandon Routh will suit up as the Kingdom Come Superman side by side the Tyler Hoechlin Man of Steel.

Burt Ward, the '66 Robin from the Batman series, was also announced at Comic-Con to be appearing in Crisis on Infinite Earths, which is a comic book story that involves multiple Earths and universes, something the Arrowverse has already touched upon but is expanding for the Crisis event series.

More details to come.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I feel like we shouldn't pay any attention to or link Cosmic Book News, as they are known friendlies of the Comicsgate assholes.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Didn't click because I didn't want to give them traffic but isn't Cosmic Book News a Comicsgate rag? Other sites just reference Cosmic so I'm inclined to be wary.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's a CG rag that literally just makes poo poo up for clicks from chuds. It's BS and please don't post their trash.

BC sucks but at least has legitimate industry sources.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:shrug:

I had no idea, it just kept popping up in my feeds.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

:shrug:

I had no idea, it just kept popping up in my feeds.

They "broke the news" that all the phase 1 Avengers actors thought Brie Larson was a stuck up bitch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

They "broke the news" that all the phase 1 Avengers actors thought Brie Larson was a stuck up bitch.

I didn't read anything else on their site at all and had never heard of it before. I saw it in my mobile FB and twitter feeds.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I didn't read anything else on their site at all and had never heard of it before. I saw it in my mobile FB and twitter feeds.

I'm not blaming you, just giving context for why the rest of us don't give them the time of day.

As a good rule of thumb we should, in general, ignore scoops from websites we're unfamiliar with when they're the only ones reporting it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

Do not get your news from Facebook. They have an algorithm that is worse than YouTube for pushing people to extreme places.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I generally don't, it was being shared by people I know which is the only reason I saw it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Disappointed there's no talk of an Allison Mack cameo. I wonder what she's been up to lately?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Set's too far away. It'd set off her ankle bracelet.