Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Emet is one of the best characters...I can't believe that someone would have a differing opinion than me on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Cleretic posted:

(well, as long as you rewrite the scene where he shoots the Exarch in a way that doesn't leave me screaming at my screen for one of the Scions to just STAB HIM ALREADY)

You can't just attack an Ascian and hope it does something to them. Varis literally shot Emet-Selch and he just came back seconds later. There's really not much the scions could have done but let him do his thing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Emet is one of the best characters...I can't believe that someone would have a differing opinion than me on this.
:same:
that entire sequence from beginning to end was without question my absolute favorite part of the game, and some of my favorite in any JRPG period

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I'm actually considering boosting a WHM rather than starting from level 1 to take better advantage of the healer queues. Then again, it seems kind of wasteful to boost a job that gets easy groups when I still have so many DPS jobs unleveled (looking your direction DRG).

I'm a little surprised you had to wait so long on story dungeons. I could be wrong, but I thought there was a mechanism that basically put you in the front of the line if you were on a particular MSQ instance and queued directly for it. I recall only having to wait long for a few trials.
Leveling a healer is so much easier and faster than anything else since you can just chain queue for the highest level dungeon with <1min queue times. DPS have to rely on PotD/HoH and Squadrons to really grind levels which can get pretty monotonous, so if I was gonna boost something it would definitely be a DPS. Healer queues will always be the fastest.

also I assume my queue times were so bad not because there were a ton of people in front of me in queue but because there simply wasn't anyone in queue :v: Like I said this was in the end of expansion period before Shadowbringers so there might not have been that many people playing, and I often play at other times than prime hours. The absolute worst one was spending 80 minutes in queue for Final Steps of Faith only to realize when the queue popped and I zoned in that Sohr Khai was also still selected in the Duty Finder, and the queue that popped was for that. The second queue took even longer to pop but at least I made sure it was the right one that time :downsgun:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd say it's a dumb take. Emet went out of the way to show you the reason behind his hosed up plan and why it doesn't seem wrong from his perspective, driving home how so much was lost and how much his people sacrificed, that even after a few rejoinings we're still pale shadows of what we once were. He definitely is a tragic figure and one who forces us to confront the fact that by stopping him from destroying the world as we know it, we're destroying the restoration of the world as he knew it. To put things into perspective, let's say you were given a choice between the world and gameplay of 1.0 and the 2.0 reboot after experiencing both, which would you favor? Could you honestly say the lives of the 1.0 characters meant enough to you that you'd rather play the game as it was back then? Upscale the difference between the two several times over and that's basically the choice he's making.

Also Emet is cool and I'm genuinely sad we couldn't reach some kind of compromise and that I won't get to hang with him anymore.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Violently Car posted:

You can't just attack an Ascian and hope it does something to them. Varis literally shot Emet-Selch and he just came back seconds later. There's really not much the scions could have done but let him do his thing.

I don't expect them to succeed, but I expect them to loving try. The only reason they hadn't had the option of hurting him so far was because he was working with illusions, but that's clearly out the window because he just SHOT A GUY. You can't tell me that, at the very least, Alisaie wouldn't go for loving blood regardless of the consequences, and we know she would because that's exactly what happens at the end of the Amaurot dungeon. Hell, everyone goes for him in that scene, drat the consequences, and I have absolutely no idea why they picked that time to do that instead of when he shot someone.

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017

Cleretic posted:

Finally, I've managed to hit the end of Shadowbringers! I really liked... most of it! Shame about the part that ruins it. (Shadowbringers endgame spoilers specifically ahead)

Shadowbringers is nine-and-a-half levels and five zones of the best FFXIV's ever been, with A-grade world design, writing, monster design, dungeons, trials, side-content, and acting, broken only by the occasional presence of an annoying character that the writers think has more charisma and adds more to the story than actually does.

Unfortunately, literally right after Vauthry dies the quality of the writing takes a sharp dive off a cliff with the single most infuriatingly bad cutscene in the entire game, and possibly the entirety of Japanese RPGs as far as I can remember. And the quality of most everything else takes a sharp nosedive soon after as the developers decide that the best way to end their expansion is with a water level, and then the world and dungeon designers desperately try to pull them out of their tailspin by basically just calling back to Zanarkand for half a zone and hoping that salvages a plot now controlled by the worst character.

Emet-Selch is a version of Borderlands' Handsome Jack, as written by someone who doesn't know that the best part about Handsome Jack is regularly wiping the smug grin off his face. I think Urianger set my hopes too high in assuming that characters in the story would be regularly conscious of the fact that this guy is a shitbag that needs to shut up, and kept hoping for more cutscenes of people throwing things at him to make him shut up and go away. Alas, that didn't happen; in fact, it doesn't happen to such an extent that even when he's extremely loving dead it still feels like he went out on top and the writing is utterly convinced that he's a tragic and sympathetic figure instead of an annoying shitbag that wants literally everybody to die.

At least this time, they actually decided to kill off the villain instead of trying to drag out their story. At least, hopefully he's dead, which means that we can now forget about him and move on.

I really wish that wasn't the end of the story, in large part because it means that I'm talking the most about the worst part of the expansion! Everything before that is absolutely amazing! I loved everything about the sin eaters, most of the zones and dungeons look amazing, the actual story of Norvrandt is really compellingI love Y'shtola's character development and the fact that Urianger and Alisaie finally got to do some things! Basically every NPC that is not regularly slouching is absolutely stellar, and I love that the story's got this great willingness to engage with old side-content and details that would otherwise fall by the wayside. And the aesthetics for the equipment is great, I especially love that not all of it is 'upscale and fancy' and more just specific aesthetics we didn't have yet; I've been rocking the Ravel keeper stuff because I love that we've finally got a more 'wild' look. It's just a shame that the story forces everything into a total trainwreck for that last leg.

I took The Screenshot, but I admit that by this point I had lost respect for the story and this probably shows.

wow

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Don't they explicitly spell out the reason for that being that he'll finish the job on the Exarch if they move against him during that cutscene? Having a hostage is a perfectly cromulent reason to not try to murder someone after all. Plus there's also the whole 'Warrior of Light is currently experiencing their soul ripping apart as they're violently turning into a sin eater' thing on hand too.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm an idiot newbie, someone explain aoe markers to me. One appears, I move out of it with a few seconds to spare but still get hit. This happens all the time and I've never had this with an mmo before. Am I just laggy or something? I feel like if I don't get 10 feet away from the things before they go off I get hit still.

I don't feel any lag elsewhere in the game but if I hesitate in an aoe marker it's like I'm playing on a 2 second delay

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Contrarian dummy continues to be a contrarian dummy, news @ 11

(above is directed not at the below post)

Chalks posted:

I'm an idiot newbie, someone explain aoe markers to me. One appears, I move out of it with a few seconds to spare but still get hit. This happens all the time and I've never had this with an mmo before. Am I just laggy or something? I feel like if I don't get 10 feet away from the things before they go off I get hit still.

I don't feel any lag elsewhere in the game but if I hesitate in an aoe marker it's like I'm playing on a 2 second delay

Make sure you're outside the AoE cast when the indicator disappears. Don't hop out then hop back in while it's still visible. Otherwise it might be lag

isk fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 21, 2019

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Honestly, gently caress the Exarch for locking up the tower at the end of the ARR raid, we probably could've done a whole lot better the past few years with it open the tech available. Also gently caress him and Urianger for keeping secrets from us when we probably should've been working on a better plan.

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017

Chalks posted:

The animation is delayed, look at the cast bar for whatever is casting the aoe.

E: it’s good practice in general to pay more attention to boss cast bars, it’ll help with lots of different mechanics that pop up over the game.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Chalks posted:

whether you get hit by an aoe is completely independent of any animation, but is entirely dependent on where you were when the castbar for it fills up. you may be laggy but more likely you're approaching it from "did I actually get hit by fire?" rather than "was I in the circle when the cast finished?"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Chalks posted:

You count as standing in the AOE if you're in it when the telegraph disappears, not when the animation fires off, could that be what's happening?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I don't expect them to succeed, but I expect them to loving try. The only reason they hadn't had the option of hurting him so far was because he was working with illusions, but that's clearly out the window because he just SHOT A GUY. You can't tell me that, at the very least, Alisaie wouldn't go for loving blood regardless of the consequences, and we know she would because that's exactly what happens at the end of the Amaurot dungeon. Hell, everyone goes for him in that scene, drat the consequences, and I have absolutely no idea why they picked that time to do that instead of when he shot someone.

It's a moment of shock. The WoL is on the verge of transforming in front of them and the guy they knew subconsciously was a ticking time bomb they had until then consciously dismissed as a harmless trickster. They don't know if the Exarch is dead and they don't know if attacking Emet will lead him to finish the job.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

super sweet best pal posted:

Honestly, gently caress the Exarch for locking up the tower at the end of the ARR raid, we probably could've done a whole lot better the past few years with it open the tech available. Also gently caress him and Urianger for keeping secrets from us when we probably should've been working on a better plan.

Actually, if you consider how the weird time travel of the Shadowbringers Tower works, he could've hosed things up pretty hard by not locking up the Tower, because the Crystarium needs to live on that stuff for a hundred years and we don't actually know when in history it got plucked from. You leave it open, and the First ends up getting a version from after Rowena's picked the place clean, you've basically hosed over a whole civilization.

And their plan mostly doesn't suck, unless you're absolutely against plans where somebody has to die. They just didn't really manage to factor in a wildcard garbage Ascian interrupting the crucial moment. They're lucky it balanced out, because a wildcard garbage Ascian turns out to be a perfect target for all that energy they were struggling to figure out a way to expend.

EDIT:

CYBEReris posted:

It's a moment of shock. The WoL is on the verge of transforming in front of them and the guy they knew subconsciously was a ticking time bomb they had until then consciously dismissed as a harmless trickster. They don't know if the Exarch is dead and they don't know if attacking Emet will lead him to finish the job.

They seemed to be pretty patient and calm to me by the time he's like four minutes into his monologue and they still haven't taken a step. There's a lot of ways you could reduce the stupidity of that scene, the problem is they don't do any of them and so it just makes me hate everybody, both in the scene and writing it.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 21, 2019

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Chalks posted:

AoEs are a little strange, but consistent once you understand the mechanics behind them. Hit targets are decided as soon as the boss's castbar finishes, and then the damage is dealt when the actual attack animation plays. So if you were standing in the marker when the cast finished, and then sprinted away before the explosion appeared to go off, you're still getting hit.

The opposite is also true where if the cast has finished, it's usually safe to immediately move back into that area even if it looks like you're stepping into a pillar of fire. Unless it's an attack that leaves a DoT circle on the floor instead of being a single hit.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Cleretic posted:

Finally, I've managed to hit the end of Shadowbringers! I really liked... most of it! Shame about the part that ruins it. (Shadowbringers endgame spoilers specifically ahead)

Shadowbringers is nine-and-a-half levels and five zones of the best FFXIV's ever been, with A-grade world design, writing, monster design, dungeons, trials, side-content, and acting, broken only by the occasional presence of an annoying character that the writers think has more charisma and adds more to the story than actually does.

Unfortunately, literally right after Vauthry dies the quality of the writing takes a sharp dive off a cliff with the single most infuriatingly bad cutscene in the entire game, and possibly the entirety of Japanese RPGs as far as I can remember. And the quality of most everything else takes a sharp nosedive soon after as the developers decide that the best way to end their expansion is with a water level, and then the world and dungeon designers desperately try to pull them out of their tailspin by basically just calling back to Zanarkand for half a zone and hoping that salvages a plot now controlled by the worst character.

Emet-Selch is a version of Borderlands' Handsome Jack, as written by someone who doesn't know that the best part about Handsome Jack is regularly wiping the smug grin off his face. I think Urianger set my hopes too high in assuming that characters in the story would be regularly conscious of the fact that this guy is a shitbag that needs to shut up, and kept hoping for more cutscenes of people throwing things at him to make him shut up and go away. Alas, that didn't happen; in fact, it doesn't happen to such an extent that even when he's extremely loving dead it still feels like he went out on top and the writing is utterly convinced that he's a tragic and sympathetic figure instead of an annoying shitbag that wants literally everybody to die.

At least this time, they actually decided to kill off the villain instead of trying to drag out their story. At least, hopefully he's dead, which means that we can now forget about him and move on.

I really wish that wasn't the end of the story, in large part because it means that I'm talking the most about the worst part of the expansion! Everything before that is absolutely amazing! I loved everything about the sin eaters, most of the zones and dungeons look amazing, the actual story of Norvrandt is really compellingI love Y'shtola's character development and the fact that Urianger and Alisaie finally got to do some things! Basically every NPC that is not regularly slouching is absolutely stellar, and I love that the story's got this great willingness to engage with old side-content and details that would otherwise fall by the wayside. And the aesthetics for the equipment is great, I especially love that not all of it is 'upscale and fancy' and more just specific aesthetics we didn't have yet; I've been rocking the Ravel keeper stuff because I love that we've finally got a more 'wild' look. It's just a shame that the story forces everything into a total trainwreck for that last leg.

I took The Screenshot, but I admit that by this point I had lost respect for the story and this probably shows.

i feel like your dislike for emet's personality is really coloring your opinion of his motivations and how the scions behave regarding him, and overall story resolves in a particularly negative light.

he really is a smug dick, there's no getting around that, and the scions are not exactly fans of him. but wondering why they don't just try and stab him seems pretty contrary to how they operate. it's true that the ascians have been nothing but villains, and emet even admits to calling you lesser beings that basically don't deserve to exist. but at the same time he shows absolutely no actual hostility to you, and the scions are not the type to shoot first and ask questions later, no matter how suspicious a person may be. you could consider it a flaw of theirs, if you like. that they seem to give everyone the same benefit of the doubt or a chance to prove themselves or help you in some way. this pays off with him saving y'shtola's life, even if it's obvious he didn't really do it out of the kindness of his heart.

plus, i think they're smart enough to know it's not even worth trying to stab him in the back. the scions know very well that most ascians inhabit a body as nothing more than a vessel and killing it really serves little purpose.

it is possible to hate and oppose him but still find some reason in his methods. in the end he loses in every concieveable fashion. he doesn't get his world back, or use the crystal tower for his purposes, or kill you or give you any doubt that you did the right thing. he doesn't go down cursing you, and gains a shred of solace in your agreement to remember his people once lived.

despite this, i'm not going to say your opinion or feelings are wrong, but i do find it unfortunate your perspective ended up the way it did.

but to your credit, you're giving elezen some representation which is nice cause i barely ever see any.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Just did the level 45 class quest, and apparently the path of true wisdom and cosmic harmony for a White Mage doesn't include being allowed to wear pants.

It's definitely been super easy to level though, being able to hop in an instant dungeon run whenever you want is nice, and soloing is reasonably effective albeit brain-dead simple. Pretty much just hit things in the head with rocks until they fall over.

Tangentially, I find it amusing that changing to a lower level job often makes all your clothes fall off.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Cleretic posted:

source your OF posts

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Thanks for all the AoE tips, I've not really been paying attention to the enemy cast bar at all so this is really useful to know.

Maybe I will die less now :D

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The aoe thing should be a dialogue box that pops up when you queue for your first dungeon, and every dungeon after until you go 3 in a row without getting hit by aoes

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Adus posted:

but to your credit, you're giving elezen some representation which is nice cause i barely ever see any.

:bandwagon:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Adus posted:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Tangentially, I find it amusing that changing to a lower level job often makes all your clothes fall off.

The game actually acknowledges this during the beginning rogue quest.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Adus posted:

i feel like your dislike for emet's personality is really coloring your opinion of his motivations and how the scions behave regarding him, and overall story resolves in a particularly negative light.

he really is a smug dick, there's no getting around that, and the scions are not exactly fans of him. but wondering why they don't just try and stab him seems pretty contrary to how they operate. it's true that the ascians have been nothing but villains, and emet even admits to calling you lesser beings that basically don't deserve to exist. but at the same time he shows absolutely no actual hostility to you, and the scions are not the type to shoot first and ask questions later, no matter how suspicious a person may be. you could consider it a flaw of theirs, if you like. that they seem to give everyone the same benefit of the doubt or a chance to prove themselves or help you in some way. this pays off with him saving y'shtola's life, even if it's obvious he didn't really do it out of the kindness of his heart.

plus, i think they're smart enough to know it's not even worth trying to stab him in the back. the scions know very well that most ascians inhabit a body as nothing more than a vessel and killing it really serves little purpose.

it is possible to hate and oppose him but still find some reason in his methods. in the end he loses in every concieveable fashion. he doesn't get his world back, or use the crystal tower for his purposes, or kill you or give you any doubt that you did the right thing. he doesn't go down cursing you, and gains a shred of solace in your agreement to remember his people once lived.

despite this, i'm not going to say your opinion or feelings are wrong, but i do find it unfortunate your perspective ended up the way it did.

I'll openly admit that I'm letting my dislike of Emet color my opinion of everything he reveals. I don't think that's necessarily my bad, though; they made the choice to put all of this big Ascian infodump on the shoulders of an obviously deceitful rear end in a top hat who spends a lot of his screentime being a snippy bitch, that's a recipe for getting at least some of your audience to lose their patience before you're done, or to cast doubt on/dismiss what you're hoping to establish as fact.

I stand by my call that if you replaced all of his pre-Innocence appearances with a book you've made a step up.

And elezen are great, because they look like living Amano art. I don't want to ply as any other race, for just that reason.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Also Emet is cool and I'm genuinely sad we couldn't reach some kind of compromise and that I won't get to hang with him anymore.

I think a big part of what made him and the story so good was that behind his smug exterior it felt like he really, genuinely wanted you to succeed. He obviously saw something in you (hint hint) and his disappointment when it turns out you can't contain the light is very real - up until then he was pretty indifferent to what was going on (or at least pretending) but after it he gets openly emotional, leaves for the bottom of the ocean and makes himself a replica of the place he lost to sit around in. In one of the dialogues between your party when you get to Amaurot someone asks why he would go to all that trouble recreating this for us, and I think it was Urianger who pointed out that "perhaps not for our sake" and it gave me the biggest :smith: moment.

He's without a doubt a villain, but it still makes me sad how from his point of view he let his guard down after literal ages of distancing himself, let himself believe in us and we just... couldn't live up to it. It really affected him and set off the last portion of the expansion, which is what made it so much more powerful than "J/K I'm evil, woopsie doo!" Seeing him this upset after spending practically every second on-screen being Mr. Who-Gives-A-poo poo made a real impact imo

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Wow, the person with bad opinions continues to have bad opinions, who would've thought?

Not being a fan of Emet-Selch as a character is whatever, but thinking he should literally be replaced by a book is just bizarre. The hell?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Your Computer posted:

I think a big part of what made him and the story so good was that behind his smug exterior it felt like he really, genuinely wanted you to succeed. He obviously saw something in you (hint hint) and his disappointment when it turns out you can't contain the light is very real - up until then he was pretty indifferent to what was going on (or at least pretending) but after it he gets openly emotional, leaves for the bottom of the ocean and makes himself a replica of the place he lost to sit around in. In one of the dialogues between your party when you get to Amaurot someone asks why he would go to all that trouble recreating this for us, and I think it was Urianger who pointed out that "perhaps not for our sake" and it gave me the biggest :smith: moment.

He's without a doubt a villain, but it still makes me sad how from his point of view he let his guard down after literal ages of distancing himself, let himself believe in us and we just... couldn't live up to it. It really affected him and set off the last portion of the expansion, which is what made it so much more powerful than "J/K I'm evil, woopsie doo!" Seeing him this upset after spending practically every second on-screen being Mr. Who-Gives-A-poo poo made a real impact imo

Yeah this is why I love him so much. I also totally believe that his little tirade about how he's lived, sired families, watched them die, etc across the ages and how it left no effect on him cuz mortals all suck to be total BS and something he has to say to convince himself more than anything. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but it definitely made me feel more sympathy for him on some level.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

imagine thinking emet-selch was a bad character and should be removed

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Not gonna lie, feels really weird to praise Handsome Jack as a good character (at least in the context of borderlands rather than tales)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Honestly, I think the morally correct thing would be to let history take its course and maybe only give the people enough rope to hang themselves instead of putting metaphorical nooses around their necks. Seems like basic human nature would usher in a calamity on its own eventually. Sure, the Ascians would wait a lot longer but the blood wouldn't be on their hands.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This feels like a really good example of getting worked and confusing hating the villain because he's written to be hateable and hating the story.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Honestly, I think the morally correct thing would be to let history take its course and maybe only give the people enough rope to hang themselves instead of putting metaphorical nooses around their necks. Seems like basic human nature would usher in a calamity on its own eventually. Sure, the Ascians would wait a lot longer but the blood wouldn't be on their hands.

The thing is They explicitly don't consider it blood, due to them not seeing the shattered remnants as beings worthy of consderation

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ReWinter posted:

A ton of people are saying that precasting Regen is bad but with the changes to tank stance in ShB this is frequently not true - it may be technically safer not to do it, but if you're running along close to the tank like you should be then you'll eat at most one or two hits before the tank effortlessly AoEs them off of you, and that damage will immediately get healed by Assize once the pull is clumped up. Meanwhile Regen during lengthy wall pulls picks up slack once Divine Benison wears off and gives more leeway for that sweet sweet Holy.

This is not directed at that person learning WHM, but when you're running EXDR at level cap for the 90th time Regen during pulls is the right move if you're playing well and having tanks click it off when I'm two steps behind them is just weird.

The problem with regen on the tank during a pull isn't that it generates too much enmity for the tank to handle. That's never been the case, even before the enmity changes. The problem is that it generates a tic of enmity on mobs that the tank may not have hit yet, which causes them to beeline for the healer, which could cause them to run out of the tank's aoe, exacerbating the issue. The tank then has to go back and grab the mobs that are on the healer, which causes them to take more damage than if they had just hit them once and moved on.

If the tank is properly sprinting during the pull, Divine Benis should be enough to cover them.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Kanfy posted:

Yeah, Benediction is good to have somewhere where you can slam it reflexively. Once you feel more confident you can occasionaly use it just as an off-GCD full heal while spending your actual casting on DPS. Make tanks sweat a bit occasionally, it's good for you.

It's also your answer to GNBs that love to hit the bolide button. Adjust this, jerk.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Stormgale posted:

Not gonna lie, feels really weird to praise Handsome Jack as a good character (at least in the context of borderlands rather than tales)

I dunno, I wouldn't say he's a *good* character, but he has a bit more depth than a lot of video game villains in that he's portrayed as the biggest psychopath in a world full of psychos but insists to the bitter end that he's actually the hero and a totally normal person. And they do a really good job of making you want to cave his face in.

Jack is garbage as a character compared to Emet though.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Here's my Scholar rotation for when it's the end of a pull and you have two stacks of Aetherflow left:

Overheal Lustrate
Overheal Lustrate
Dissipate
Overheal Lustrate
Overheal Lustrate
Overheal Lustrate
Aetherflow
Overheal Lustrate
Overheal Lustrate
Sacred Soil
Recitation Excog

Looking for improvements. Maybe turn one into an Overheal Indom?

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 21, 2019

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Saint Freak posted:

Here's my Scholar rotation for when it's the end of a pull and you have two stacks of Aetherflow left:

Overheal Lustrate
Overheal Lustrate
Dissipate
Overheal Lustrate
Overheal Lustrate
Overheal Lustrate
Aetherflow
Overheal Lustrate
Overheal Lustrate
Sacred Soil
Recitation Excog

Looking for improvements. Maybe turn one into an Overheal Indom?

You don't need to press aetherflow on CD.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Thought I'd give this game another go since the last time I tried it was before any of the xpacs came out and oh boy I had completely forgotten that the entire SQ account creation is based on the logical process of a soggoth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

:bandwagon: repost

Also I got all my crafters to 80/i430 about an hour ago (gently caress melds until I actually need them), and I hate myself and I want to die right now. At least the AF3 chainsaw still looks cool, please make it a PLD weapon or something Yoshida.

short hair? :stare: