Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Just to verify, I was planning on doing some MTG sales and trades this year. There is a designated space for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tenasscity posted:

Just to verify, I was planning on doing some MTG sales and trades this year. There is a designated space for this?

Probably CSI, SCG, and any of the other retailers that buy and sell cards. There might be some trading going on in the CCG area but again, I think it's mostly low key and ad-hoc unless there's a meetup I don't know about.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Tenasscity posted:

There are vendors you can sell to in the exhibit hall, which RocknRollaAyatollah mentioned. If you mean buy/sell from private individuals, do yourself a favor and just DO NOT do it in the ICC. I don't think there is rule about trading, nor do I know how they would catch you doing it exactly, but might want to check.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Yeah, my assumption is trading is perfectly fine, but there's probably binder grinders who toe the line between traders and vendors because they have suitcases full of stuff to move. You can flip cards at pretty much any booth that sells them, and unless you're dealing with huge sums of money, you'll be able to get cash in hand. (I sold some judge foils to SCG and got cash; the guy a seat or two over with the beta black lotus did not.)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Dr. Quarex posted:

Let us all thank the Gen-Con Gods that Nemesis of Moles' orcish friend was not captured for mercantilism in 2017

Shhh! Only if we engage in the time-honored tradition of $5 exchanging hands with a firm shake.

Huh, really? Well I guess I'll be moving a lot of under the table dice then. These things happen.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

so, since someone asked, let me remind you all the deets on

:siren: shots motherfucking wednesday :siren:

Wed July 31, we're all gonna go down to the Rathskeller in Indianapolis and drink our faces off. They have an outdoor garden that can accomodate a failure of goons, the beers are huge and the food is good.

https://www.rathskeller.com/

This is not a walkable distance. Share an Uber or something, I'm not your mother.
(1.2 miles per google. Might be walkable if you're the type that does those things.)

Time: July 31st, 6pm - whenever they boot us out or we get bored

Be there and be square!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Deviant posted:

Wed July 31, we're all gonna go down to the Rathskeller in Indianapolis and drink our faces off. They have an outdoor garden that can accomodate a failure of goons, the beers are huge and the food is good.

This is not a walkable distance. Share an Uber or something, I'm not your mother.
(1.2 miles per google. Might be walkable if you're the type that does those things.)

Be there and be square!

It really is a sight to behold.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It’s the only event I ever schedule

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Deviant posted:

Be there and be square!

Rathskeller closes at 10, but the party often continues at High Velocity.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Also Deviant and I are starting at 9 am.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Eastmabl posted:

Rathskeller closes at 10, but the party often continues at High Velocity.

this is why we start at 6 now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Just lol if you don’t carry a 32oz hydroflask with ice cold beer around at all times during Gencon. Quarex gets even hotter with beer goggles.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Bottom Liner posted:

Quarex gets even hotter
Not possible. The surface of the sun looks upon Quarex with envy.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

can't wait to pick up a limited edition soda mug and drink some delici-

welp.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

Gross. Also the store has the mug next to a nike football and I wonder where the cross over is between the people who support both of those things.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

WerrWaaa posted:

Gross. Also the store has the mug next to a nike football and I wonder where the cross over is between the people who support both of those things.

Capitalists.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Gen Con is pretty socially liberal as far as corporate entities go. I would have hoped they vetted their politics before hand but who knows. Also, not too surprised on the bent considering the founder of this soda pusher also co-founded a 501c3 for vets and is a vet himself. Regardless, this does make me less likely to buy a cup from them, though honestly $40 for a bunch of diet root beer doesn't sound too great to me despite my intense need to collect all things with Gen Con stamped on them.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Pretty excited to discover the thing that would make me miss Shots Wednesday this year early enough to work on mitigating it! Almost certainly going to be late but I am going there bros. I mean entirely for the bratwurst and the company but still

Tenasscity posted:

I mean, there is also the Auction. What do you mean, that is all I ever say in response to anything

It is still true though.

Bottom Liner posted:

Just lol if you don’t carry a 32oz hydroflask with ice cold beer around at all times during Gencon. Quarex gets even hotter with beer goggles.
Thanks Bottom Liner, I will definitely reward you handsomely during the powerfully erotic Goonswarm

Ilor posted:

Not possible. The surface of the sun looks upon Quarex with envy.
Never mind, all about Ilor this year

OgreNoah posted:

Capitalists.
There is ethical consumption under capitalism 24 hours a day during the convention in Hall C

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Anyone know if the Dice Throne people will be at Gen Con?

Also, as GEN CONNNN!!!!!!!!!!! draws near, I'll post the link my friend and I made of a bunch of different food recommendations downtown: http://gencon.cowise.info/

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
As the foreigner coming in and not knowing their Five guys from their Trader Joes I appreciate any food links available.

Also, off to start my journey, see you all for Shots Wednesday.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Druggeddwarf posted:

As the foreigner coming in and not knowing their Five guys from their Trader Joes I appreciate any food links available.

Eat at the food trucks. Pretty much all of them are good.

Also Pizza di Tito in the Hyatt is great at like 1am Saturday morning.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Love Handle is on the end of Mass Ave. now, they're open for breakfast and lunch (7-3 usually), and is one of the best places to eat in the city: https://www.facebook.com/LoveHandleIndy/

The Eagle for fried chicken, hearty comfort food, and beer: https://www.eaglerestaurant.com/

And an old favorite of mine, Bazbeaux pizza: https://www.bazbeaux.com/

Shapiro's, a cafeteria-style place with a ton of great food (pastrami on rye is king): https://shapiros.com/

If you feel like putting some distance between you and the con for an evening, not too far down Virginia Ave. you've got the Fountain Square neighborhood, featuring:

Milktooth, another gourmet breakfast/lunch spot: https://www.milktoothindy.com/

Bluebird, a nicer dinner restaurant: https://bluebeardindy.com/

Chilly Water, a local brewpub (the blood orange beer, Blood on the Tracks, is amazing): https://www.facebook.com/chillywaterbrewing/

Pure, another great place for lunch and dinner with healthy, fresh options being their staple: http://www.pureeatery.com/Fountain-Square/

La Margarita, for tacos and tequila: https://lamargaritaindy.com/

Really there are a ton of great places to eat and drink around town without having to set foot in a chain restaurant the entire time. I think I've spent more on food and drink than gaming the last few years.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Repeating restaurants from the original post?!? That's a paddlin'

Everyone knows the professional Gen-Connio only goes to as many restaurants as there are evenings, eating a hotel breakfast and stuffing your face with granola bars for lunch to preserve Precious Exhibit Hall Time

O.K. this rule may be bent at times. And I GUESS if you do not have a hotel breakfast or hate the idea of eating lunch from a backpack you are excused

Druggeddwarf posted:

Wow, do you have a week-long layover or are you taking a boat? Certainly no other possibilities. Nothing else to see in the world besides Indianapolis

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I'm only really going to do my own shows and meet with network friends and fans and stuff, so I love the lunch recommendations. And if you're talking about Fountain Square don't forget about Kuma's Corner (https://kumascorner.com/location/kumas-indy/), the metal themed burger restaurant which is freakin' crazy good.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
NO LUNCH

Kuma's Corner is great, though. I went a few times in Chicago, but unlike when I burned out forever on the Ram by going off-season in Seattle, going to Kuma's just makes me want to keep going to Kuma's.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Hot take: Shapiro's is terrible.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Dr. Quarex posted:

Repeating restaurants from the original post?!? That's a paddlin'

Everyone knows the professional Gen-Connio only goes to as many restaurants as there are evenings, eating a hotel breakfast and stuffing your face with granola bars for lunch to preserve Precious Exhibit Hall Time

O.K. this rule may be bent at times. And I GUESS if you do not have a hotel breakfast or hate the idea of eating lunch from a backpack you are excused

Wow, do you have a week-long layover or are you taking a boat? Certainly no other possibilities. Nothing else to see in the world besides Indianapolis

you are forgetting the 3 hours i had a table at loughmillers because people kept rotating in and out.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Deviant posted:

you are forgetting the 3 hours i had a table at loughmillers because people kept rotating in and out.
That did sound like a good time. I mean. If everyone paid.

And for all the trash-talking I do about Lunch Eaters, if you are having a great time at Gen-Con with cool people you are still doing it right. Well. Unless you do like all of our nightmares about Gen-Con always do, and realize you just woke up and it is Sunday and you never went to the convention

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I enjoy the meat sweats from Primanti Bros at least once a year with you folks. Doubly so when they have shot girls doing promos giving out drinks and taking terrible polaroids of us.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Two people have requested 40 hours of my work time next week on various projects and it fills me with unimaginable glee to say "Sorry, I'm only here Monday and Tuesday".

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

OgreNoah posted:

Two people have requested 40 hours of my work time next week on various projects and it fills me with unimaginable glee to say "Sorry, I'm only here Monday and Tuesday".

I mean, maybe you can work 40 hours between Monday and Tuesday and not actually use any vacation time... (Don't actually do that.)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Kuma's is literally GoonBurger. You have to.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Necronomicon posted:

Hot take: Shapiro's is terrible.

We're fighting now. That Reuben is my last meal.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

i concur, its not a great deli, and definitely not worth the trek down there

open_sketchbook
Feb 26, 2017

the only genius in the whole fucking business
I'm so loving terrified slash excited.

I'm penciled in for 20 hours of Games on Demand GMing but hopefully I can do at least two more games than that.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I've never gone to Games on Demand yet I desperately want to. Hopefully this will be the year. Is there a catalog of available games I can play there?

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
There will be at indiegamesondemand.com I think. I'll be working there for most of my gencon.

Currently in Chicago as going to just Indianapolis for that price is pointless. So hype!

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

On a plane to Indy tonight. Get in.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Quarex, how do you delete duplicate auction entries?

Maigius fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Druggeddwarf posted:

Currently in Chicago as going to just Indianapolis for that price is pointless. So hype!
OMG MY KIND OF BRIEF HOME

I will be driving vaguely near you on Monday and shaking my head at your decision to be in a much bigger city with many more things to do. I think I will be shaking my head anyway. I did just finally go to Galloping Ghost last Saturday and oh man it was everything I hoped it would be

WerrWaaa posted:

On a plane to Indy tonight. Get in.
I AM TRYING

I do try to balance my wife wanting to murder me with my Gen-Con-related concerns. Though she actually thought I was leaving Sunday this year so I clearly should have just been like YEP YOU NAILED IT instead of being my usual bastion of integrity

Maigius posted:

Quarex, how do you delete duplicate auction entries?
Lie, cheat, and steal

The good news is you basically do not need to, as plenty of people forget items and they just do not charge you for anything that does not arrive. The bad news if you just want to feel clean about it is... I have no idea.

Just grab something absurd from your nerd paraphernalia to sell at T.O.V.A. and change the item; problem solved.