Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

It's to change things up after the 5th playthrough

edit:

spoilers, IGN posted the entire list of who can support with who, including S Supports

https://www.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Supports_and_Romance#Available_Marriage_Partners_in_Three_Houses

I'm so glad the Teachers have real support lists.

E: Also messed up that you can S support the pope but not marry her or something? In general Rhea and Sothis seem kinda weird. From the lack of her and Sothis' supports with any others it kinda comes off like they're npcs rather than actual units. Which is interesting.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm so glad the Teachers have real support lists.

E: Also messed up that you can S support the pope but not marry her or something? In general Rhea and Sothis seem kinda weird. From the lack of her and Sothis' supports with any others it kinda comes off like they're npcs rather than actual units. Which is interesting.

Awakening had a good few characters that only had Supports with Robin. Samurai girl, the Khans and the villain recruits. Could be something similar.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I have a feeling Rhea's the designated endgame unit and you wouldn't have gotten much time to build up her non-Byleth supports even she did have them.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Have they announced what time this will hit the eshop? I'm traveling the day of release and would love to play this, but I'd have to set up the download before Friday morning.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Kingtheninja posted:

Have they announced what time this will hit the eshop? I'm traveling the day of release and would love to play this, but I'd have to set up the download before Friday morning.

You can preload it from eshop.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Speaking of the free dude Byleth for heroes, the app should know I have the game as soon as I make a save file for 3H on my switch linked to my feh account right

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
If you don't play Heroes do you get anything in three houses for the account linking thing?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Black Eagles post timeskip plot:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dorathea is a former songstress

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBwqGRo6y65c

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Speaking of the free dude Byleth for heroes, the app should know I have the game as soon as I make a save file for 3H on my switch linked to my feh account right

Are you getting it physical or digital? Digital should be instant but I think it might take a few days for Byleth to show up.
If you're physical you need to redeem the gold points manually

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

rannum posted:

Are you getting it physical or digital? Digital should be instant but I think it might take a few days for Byleth to show up.
If you're physical you need to redeem the gold points manually

physical. so i guess there should be something in the box that'll tell me how to redeem the gold points?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The Iron Rose posted:

If you don't play Heroes do you get anything in three houses for the account linking thing?

I mean you get Gold Points to spend on the eShop, same as any other Switch game.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

physical. so i guess there should be something in the box that'll tell me how to redeem the gold points?

Hit the plus button over the icon on the Switch main menu and scroll down to “My Nintendo Rewards Program”.

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008
does this game have an open-world map to grind like Awakening is it more linear like Fates?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Kaincypher posted:

does this game have an open-world map to grind like Awakening is it more linear like Fates?

It appears that you mostly have a calendar instead of a standard map

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kaincypher posted:

Every Sunday, you can choose to either explore the monastery, partake in a seminar, rest, or do a fight. Normally, fighting takes up time, but on Normal mode, you have access to fights that don't take any time.

That said, the "map" is functionally more similar to Fates, in that you don't move around on it, but select available fights from a list and are then taken immediately to where that fight takes place.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the quality of the weekend skirmishes. The worst case scenario in that is that you fight 3 trash mob battles for each actual chapter battles.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

A reviewer said the free, normal skirmish versions are underleveled, while the one that requires points are higher level.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Fire Emblem's system doesn't really lend itself to randomized battles the way other SRPG systems can. They'll never be better than okay. Though maybe since there's a finite number of weekends the skirmishes are actually static?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm trying tnot to read too much about the game, but I'm interested in each of the houses

is there a mostly non spoilery intro into each of the houses

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The official nintendo youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGgka2FOjpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfeIED_-VHs&t=21s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK5doMgxxc0

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

eonwe posted:

I'm trying tnot to read too much about the game, but I'm interested in each of the houses

is there a mostly non spoilery intro into each of the houses

But also since Spoilers Are Out There, you may want to like watch these in an incognito window with a browser add on that blocks youtube recommendations?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I appreciate Claude skipping the ideology sell and just inviting me to turn based tactics and chill

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh neat ty.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
big news! manuela casagranda looks to be a nice friendly lady with a penchant for many a refreshing beverage.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Zane posted:

big news! manuela casagranda looks to be a nice friendly lady with a penchant for many a refreshing beverage.

i'm so happy that someone use the valkyrie staff on ms krabappel

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Reminder that the professors write the profiles for everyone

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Male dancer

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

drat im digging that toga

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I am too it’s just a shame they aren’t showing as much skin as the ladies do. Equal opportunity fanservice, IntSys!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
give us ffv dancers

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Looks like it's finally time for actual no-poo poo story spoilers. The 4chan leaker posted a shot revealing someone's big secret.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Dancer Raphael is so loving valid.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

TurnipFritter posted:

Dancer Raphael is so loving valid.

Hell yes.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Zane posted:

This is the most Nintendo possible way to avoid saying "hangover".

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah probably best to avoid twitter and youtube, all the villains and post time skip are being revealed

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

This is the most Nintendo possible way to avoid saying "hangover".

Alcohol was mentioned, the profile was written by herself as being cheeky

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Refresh my memory: Does "This class can use magic" mean that class has access to all magic, or is it like "This class can use Elemental Magic, and this class can use Dark Magic and this class can use Healing magi and this class can use Dark and Healing magic" and so forth and so on?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TurnipFritter posted:

Refresh my memory: Does "This class can use magic" mean that class has access to all magic, or is it like "This class can use Elemental Magic, and this class can use Dark Magic and this class can use Healing magi and this class can use Dark and Healing magic" and so forth and so on?

I believe it means “if this unit has learned magic, it can use it in battle.”

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

A good question. I was also curious if someone who learns magic goes into a non-magic class, do they lose access to their spells?

My understanding is only spell casting classes can cast magic, but does being in a class give you that class's spell list or do you have to be a certain level to unlock them or do you have to study for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

As i understand it, spells known are based on your level in the relevant magic skill (Reason/Faith), rather than the class you're in, with some spells being "skills" available for currently being in a specific class (and you get extra uses if you already have said spell available through Reason/Faith). I'm not sure how Dark Magic factors into that though, since it's supposedly exclusive to classes that can specifically wield Dark Magic, but still seemingly runs off of Reason Magic (so do Reason users get two separate groups of spells?)... except there's a screencap floating around of a lvl 1 Lysithea in battle with Miasma castable.