Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Triggs posted:

Has anyone with an Index played around in H3 yet? I can't figure out how to manipulate the safety on any weapons and from what I gather it uses one of the joysticks on the other controllers.
As mentioned, it's generally clicking the left side of the touchpad on the controller that is holding the gun. However, I do find that way of interaction to be rather janky and unreliable sometimes. Some things work quite well, like clicking down to drop the mag, but stuff like the slide release at times randomly ceases to function until I holster and re-equip the gun. Maybe it's just me though. It does definitely feel less fumbly as you get used to it.

Triggs posted:

I'll give that a try, thanks! Also for Superhot is there a better way to throw objects? It's a little janky with the grips.
Throwing (and some situations even grabbing) in Superhot is pretty awful, but remember that you have to completely open your hand to actually release the object. If your index finger or your thumb are still touching the trigger/buttons it won't release - it doesn't appear to only check the grip "button" as other games do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Seems like the upper left works better. Maybe it's a change with the latest update.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Enos Cabell posted:

I use 3M strips to attach stuff like routers and usb hubs to the underside of my adjustable desk. I'd think they would work fine for the vive breakout box too.

3M foam tape is amazing, I'm using some 5lb tape to hold a USB 3.0 hub to the back of my NAS

3M makes some industrial foam tape too, it's called simply "VHB", it's red, so you don't accidently use it instead of regular foam tape. VHB stands for "Very High Bond" if you dig around on the internet there's a video where they pull a literal freight train using 2 sq ft of the stuff. They use VHB to attach the skin of semi truck trailers to the frame, etc

3M foam tape is perfectly adequate for indoor consumer electronics

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The best way to attach your link box to a desk is stick-on velcro pads. A 2x2 layout of the little squares from any office supply store will do. That way if you REALLY tug on the cable the velcro comes free instead of a wire or internal connection.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
A few days in with the Index (and my first VR beyond a few hours at a cafe) and I'm torn on keeping it.

Beat Saber is the absolute poo poo. But the teleportation method of movement in other games -- H3VR, Arizona Sunshine, or Talos Principle -- is weird and kinda awkward. I tried the other movement mode in Talos and felt motion sick immediately.

Subnautica made me instantly ill as well, and having the swim direction bound to the view direction is just weird.

Any other game styles out there to try? Does Elite Dangerous impart the same motion sickness? $1000 to play beat saber seems excessive.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Check the options, H3VR has a very good Armswinger control mode. I'm sure Arizona Sunshine has something similar. Not familiar with Talos.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

KS posted:

A few days in with the Index (and my first VR beyond a few hours at a cafe) and I'm torn on keeping it.

Beat Saber is the absolute poo poo. But the teleportation method of movement in other games -- H3VR, Arizona Sunshine, or Talos Principle -- is weird and kinda awkward. I tried the other movement mode in Talos and felt motion sick immediately.

Subnautica made me instantly ill as well, and having the swim direction bound to the view direction is just weird.

Any other game styles out there to try? Does Elite Dangerous impart the same motion sickness? $1000 to play beat saber seems excessive.

Most people can get over the motion sickness if they take it a little at a time, and stop when they start feeling queasy, however... some people just never do, like some people will never be fine on a boat.

Elite Dangerous, and other space games like house of the dying sun, or the soon to come vr support in no mans sky are one thing. There are racing games and flight sims as well if you like those types of games. You could install revive and the oculus software, and try EchoVR, its free, and uses a zero g method of smooth movement that feels very natural and for most people comfortable. If you like that, theres the Echo Combat DLC that adds a combat mode, and the single player portion, Lone Echo. Superhot is a great game doesn't have any teleportation or smooth movement.

There are some other sports games, like table tennis games, racket NX, and others that dont' really have you moving, beyond that though, most things are going to use smooth locomotion, or teleportation.

If you decide its just not worth it however, but you still want to play beat saber, you may consider after returning it, picking up an oculus quest for $400. You get the benefit of wireless stand alone as well, and can still play beat saber.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Yes you're definitely doomed to motion sickness forever, sell me it

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Y'all complaining about motion sickness should try flying miniquads with FPV goggles. That'll cure you of it alright.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

For people with "average" motion sickness triggers, flight sims/racing sims don't usually cause much motion sickness. We're pretty used to traveling in vehicles and our bodies are kind of used to the feeling. Smooth turning and walking, most people get motion sick from that.

There are lots of "stand in one place and shoot" games like Space Pirate Trainer and Robo Recall and Superhot VR (already mentioned) that are pretty great and not very motion sickness inducing. Robo Recall has probably the best Teleport movement and intuitive physics of any of the VR FPS-style games I've tried.

I just dipped my toes into Elite: Dangerous, and it's cool so far, I'd say it's worth the massively discounted current price just for the immersiveness of exploring the galaxy.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

SirViver posted:

As mentioned, it's generally clicking the left side of the touchpad on the controller that is holding the gun. However, I do find that way of interaction to be rather janky and unreliable sometimes. Some things work quite well, like clicking down to drop the mag, but stuff like the slide release at times randomly ceases to function until I holster and re-equip the gun. Maybe it's just me though. It does definitely feel less fumbly as you get used to it.

Throwing (and some situations even grabbing) in Superhot is pretty awful, but remember that you have to completely open your hand to actually release the object. If your index finger or your thumb are still touching the trigger/buttons it won't release - it doesn't appear to only check the grip "button" as other games do.

Thanks for the tips. Any Pavlov tips? I'm hot garbage at that game, I still haven't figured out how to reload.

I like Pavlov's two handed grip system to control recoil but I felt like I was at a disadvantage to other VR system users.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Infinite Karma posted:

For people with "average" motion sickness triggers, flight sims/racing sims don't usually cause much motion sickness. We're pretty used to traveling in vehicles and our bodies are kind of used to the feeling.
So long you don't try to reverse in your racing sim. I thought that was a joke when mentioned before here. Almost tipped over with my Ikea racing chair.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Combat Pretzel posted:

So long you don't try to reverse in your racing sim. I thought that was a joke when mentioned before here. Almost tipped over with my Ikea racing chair.
Yeah, I literally fell over trying to play Wildlands standing up, but I was able to at least play the game sitting down. I can't imagine the barf-fest playing the game with the "disable roll axis" toggle turned off while swinging.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
What really gets me in the racing sims isn't the high speeds and fast cornering, or even reversing, but coming to a relatively sudden stop from a low speed like 10-20mph. My whole body feels that little jerk forward that isn't actually happening and it's disorienting as hell.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

KS posted:

Subnautica is particularly bad. I had the same problems with Talos until I got Natural Locomotion. It runs in the background of lots of games so you move by arm swinging and walking in place. It helps a lot.

After awhile you get used to it.

Superhot was pretty popular for awhile and is still fun. Same deal with Space Pirate Trainer which is probably on sale today.

Maybe give pokerStars VR a try. It's free so if you don't like it you didn't lose much and the community is super chill.

Edit: Give the Lab games a try if you haven't yet. Playing fetch with the robodog is way more fun than I thought it would be. There's some other good stuff in there too.

Rubicon posted:

I've been playing Final Assault and I'm loving it.

It's every fantasy I had as a kid playing with army men, tanks, and planes. It's amazing.
You should have mentioned it is a free weekend for this game on Steam right now. I'm dubious but will give it a try in the morning.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 21, 2019

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Shine posted:

No confirmed plans at this time, unfortunately. Doesn't mean it'll never make it over, but the dev isn't working on a Quest port as of now. He's still very actively developing the game, though. There's usually a new beta every few weeks.

Good news!

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/cflr9y/the_thrill_of_the_fight_has_been_approved_for/

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Taintrunner posted:

Check the options, H3VR has a very good Armswinger control mode. I'm sure Arizona Sunshine has something similar. Not familiar with Talos.

Armswinger is fantastic in H3VR. Especially when you wander blindly into a group of Sosigs in Take and Hold and need to nope out for the nearest cover you can find by flailing your arms about sprinting like an idiot. Or a group of zombies in Return of the Rottweiners.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
Thanks for all the tips, I'll try the armswinger modes for FPS and I'll give Elite Dangerous a try. I actually felt ok playing a few minutes of Overload but it didn't feel like VR added much.

Superhot was the poo poo except for the inconsistent throwing controls. Grabbing Pokerstars and The Lab now -- thanks!

Combat Pretzel posted:

Y'all complaining about motion sickness should try flying miniquads with FPV goggles. That'll cure you of it alright.

You know, I've done this and it hasn't bothered me at all. Weird?

KS fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 21, 2019

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I just had my first experience with the Quest for a bit over an hour. (Keep in mind, my only VR experience is using a cheapo smartphone VR viewer and a 15 min demo with the original Oculus Rift).

Pros:

-Nice interface.
-The interactive introduction is great, very intuitive.
-Controllers are pretty nice and responsive. Feels great in the hand.
-Headset fits pretty well on my head, the front heaviness didn't bother me at all.
-Boundary system is so cool.

Cons:

-I got a teeny bit queasy. I took a ginger extract pill to help with the motion sickness, sorta helped.
-Screen is pretty pix elated. Games with darker backgrounds looked better (Beat Saber, Space Pirate game), but it's lower res than I would like.
-Image is a bit washed out (that's probably the case for most VR headsets).
-Needs more demos.
-Still feeling queasy, but I'm not gonna puke... don't think about puke.. don't think about puke.
-The tennis demo is stupid and I hate it. It cheats. It made me seem like my controllers were sucky and not tracking right at times.
-I thought I wouldn't need corrective lenses since I'm nearsighted, but the focal point for the headset is beyond what I can see clearly without my glasses. I ended up popping in my contacts.

I'm going to give the Quest 15-30 days. If I'm not into it after that, I'll flip it on eBay or something.

It's cool, it's just not as fun as normal PC gaming for me at this point. I'll try some other games and interactive things to make sure I give it a fair chance.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

moolchaba posted:

-Still feeling queasy, but I'm not gonna puke... don't think about puke.. don't think about puke.

I'd recommend 30 minute sessions and stop the second you start to feel a little sick then lay down and hit the ginger. (I like Chimes Original Ginger Chews myself.)

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

moolchaba posted:

I just had my first experience with the Quest for a bit over an hour. (Keep in mind, my only VR experience is using a cheapo smartphone VR viewer and a 15 min demo with the original Oculus Rift).

Pros:

-Nice interface.
-Headset fits pretty well on my head, the front heaviness didn't bother me at all.

Cons:

-I got a teeny bit queasy. I took a ginger extract pill to help with the motion sickness, sorta helped.
-Screen is pretty pix elated. Games with darker backgrounds looked better (Beat Saber, Space Pirate game), but it's lower res than I would like.
-Needs more demos.
-The tennis demo is stupid and I hate it. It cheats. It made me seem like my controllers were sucky and not tracking right at times.
-I thought I wouldn't need corrective lenses since I'm nearsighted, but the focal point for the headset is beyond what I can see clearly without my glasses. I ended up popping in my contacts.

I'm going to give the Quest 15-30 days. If I'm not into it after that, I'll flip it on eBay or something.

It's cool, it's just not as fun as normal PC gaming for me at this point. I'll try some other games and interactive things to make sure I give it a fair chance.

When it comes to queasiness, don't push yourself. If you try to power through you'll just make yourself sick and reinforce the connection. Start taking a break when you start feeling uneasy, and maybe stick to some of the stationary games at first. Also make sure you have the IPD slider on the bottom adjusted correctly. That changes the spacing on the lenses depending on how close/wide your eyes are.

Depending on what kind of games you're interested in theres some stuff out there to check out. SuperHot is pretty universally loved, and doesn't feature any artificial movement. Along that same vein or shooters Robo Recall strictly features teleportation so it should be pretty comfortable for all. If you like puzzle games or escape rooms, I expect you to die, is fantastic and you can stay seated for it as well. The same with Moss, if you like action platformers (its in 3rd person). If you like guns, you can check out gunclub VR, which is a virtual shooting gallery where you buy and unlock tons of guns and attachments and have different chalanges you can do.

Also if you like some relaxing social experiences, bigscreen and pokerstars VR are both free. Bigscreen is basically a virtual home theater where you can watch movies and such along with other people, and they recently launched a big update with free official TV channel and movie rooms. Pokerstars is, well... sitting around a table playing poker with people. Rec Room is free as well and allows smooth movement or teleportation if you're still getting used to VR movement. It has a lot of games from pictionary, to paintball, and some really fun 4 player co-op quests.

If you like beat saber, theres a whole world of custom songs you can add through sideloading, which is rather easy with the sidequest program on PC. You just download the side quest program on your PC, turn developer mode on in the oculus phone app, and you can sideload games and mods. Theres a few free games on there and betas. If you like counterstrike, or whatever shooters the PCVR game pavlov is running an open beta you can play against others. I'm not sure if its on sidequest or you have to add it separately, but if you do a search for the pavlov quest beta you should find it. This does feature smooth movement though so if thats still making you uncomfortable, might want to come back to it later. Theres other games there as well including thread superstar stick100's baseball game.

Anyways, my advice is take things with a lot of movement slow for now, stuff without a bunch of movement should be your best friend for now. Also even if you don't think you're a very social person, its worth checking out some rooms in bigscreen, or pokerstars, as it can be relaxing and surprisingly enjoyable.

EDIT: Oh and one other thing, check in the settings of any games. Most VR games with smooth movement using the joysticks will offer a variety of options to make it more comfortable and personalized. Things like snap turning which jerks your view a set number of degrees instead of smoothly, vignetting which narrows the FOV while moving, and hand vs. head relative movement. The last one is a preference where you move forward either in the direction you're looking, or in the direction one hand, usually the left, is pointing. Hand relative is generally preferred by people, as you can continue moving in a straight line while looking around, whereas with head relative movement if you look around while moving you'll wobble like a drunk.

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 21, 2019

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I never thought I'd be grateful for my general lack of spacial awareness/sense of direction but when I tried VR for the first time last week I spent a good 20 minutes or so zooming around subnautica without any issues. Only thing that felt a little weird was when I looked down and saw my shadow and it wasn't my shadow, but no movement sickness at all.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Still really liking the quest. It's great to just toss it on, flip through some space pirate trainer, some beat saber, hop into another game real quick and whew, 45 min to an hour goes by. No need to gently caress around with the computer.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

loving awesome! Thrill of the Fight without wires sounds so goddamn good.

My Index arrived several days early. After drilling some mounts and removing all the Oculus SDK command lines from every goddamn Steam game I have, I had some time today to gently caress around with it. The headset is definitely a major improvement over the original Rift (DCS World is much more readable), and the tracking with two stations is hitting both my play space and my cockpit seat (a setup which required four Rift sensors), but I gotta say I find the Touch controllers easier to use than the Knuckles. I'm getting a lot of accidental grabs when my fingers gently touch the controller, whereas Touch has a distinct button that is basically impossible to trigger by mistake. In Blade & Sorcery, I've accidentally grabbed my hip weapon a few times because my finger touched the handle while I had my hand at my side. Likewise, I've failed to sheathe a few times because the hilt essentially stays glued to any part of my fingers that touch it, so I gotta really exaggerate the release, and it feels unnatural. On the other hand, half-swording and grabbing people feels quite nice.

I assume there's a way to configure how much pressure and/or skin you have to apply to the Index controller before it registers a grip "button", so I'll probably end up cranking that up so that I have to truly use at least modest pressure to grab things.

I also find I have to tighten them quite a bit to make them snug enough for hard throws (H3VR grenades, etc.), to the point where they're uncomfortable to wear. Maybe they stay put better than I think they do with light pressure, but I just don't have confidence in them yet.

So yeah, Index controllers are cool tech, but so far it's kind of a "neat but imprecise Wii control, versus jank-free button press" feeling. We'll see how it goes.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
For people who aren't naturally motion-sick outside of VR but are kinda still getting queasy in VR, I recommend jumping in the deep end and booting up the... I think it's called "scripted objects test" or something in the Steam Home environments. Get yourself a barnacle gun or jetpack and just zip around all over the map, up as high as you can and back down. I honestly had to close my eyes at one point when I was super-high and barnacle-ing through the air, but after that? Nothing, now I don't even feel sick sprinting through Skyrim and jumping all over the place.

Everyone has their own degree of tolerance for the newness of VR motion, but a big part of it is just getting used to the worst of it until it goes away. If you're motion sick in real-life too, then maybe it never goes away. :shrug:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m on Rift S and I think they changed something with SteamVR because when I push the left menu button nothing happens but if I hold it down a steam icon pops out and a green bar fills around it. I don’t know what to do next after that and I have to go to my computer to launch a game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I haven't tried with the controllers, but the index headset has a button. You press it to bring up the steam VR menu. If you hold it, it does that steam icon and green circle and it brings up the exit VR menu.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Rubicon posted:

I've been playing Final Assault and I'm loving it.

It's every fantasy I had as a kid playing with army men, tanks, and planes. It's amazing.

This was pretty fun. I don't think it did much new in terms of RTS, although the aerial combat layer seems to be truly 3D and terrain does block shooting from units that don't have a weapon that ignores terrain. What's surprising here is that it is a solid RTS. It is remarkably fully featured with multiple unit lists each with their own set of unique powers and play styles. I'm rubbish at RTSes but it still kept me entertained for two hours. The only thing that I thought was missing was a fully featured save system. The PVP queue even lets you drop in and out of your single player games while waiting, and queue time for me was always under 5 minutes.

If you like RTSes at all, this one is well worth a look.

Are there even any other full games of traditional genres that were made specifically for VR? Moss maybe?

LLSix fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 21, 2019

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Anyone with an Index valuing maximum accuracy, in games where you'll move the Index controllers close to the HMD, should probably remove the shiny visor. I managed to run into an issue in Beatsaber, reproducible outside of the game, where I had a saber spazzing out a bit, presumably because reflections of the IR lasers from the shiny visor messed with the sensors.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

LLSix posted:

Are there even any other Full games of traditional genres that were made specifically for VR? Moss maybe?

It really depends on your criteria for "full game". Ignoring shooting galleries I can point to VR-only music games and puzzle platformers that have content comparable to less ambitious non-VR games of their genres, but no-one's making 60-hour VR-only epic RPGs.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I can't really recommend Moss. it's adorable but derivative. I had an anticipation of something more while playing it, and that "more" never showed up

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I tried showing it to my wife who isn't really a gamer outside of Yakuza, and couldn't get past the platforming. I myself never really found a reason to come back to it.

Blood Trail isn't worth it for the price tag and the vacuum of content right now. I also think a lot of it is very poorly implemented compared to other shooters. It's fun to spawn in some enemies and watch them reach for their face as you shoot them in the head, but it's not worth 30 bucks.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Taintrunner posted:

Blood Trail isn't worth it for the price tag and the vacuum of content right now. I also think a lot of it is very poorly implemented compared to other shooters. It's fun to spawn in some enemies and watch them reach for their face as you shoot them in the head, but it's not worth 30 bucks.

Is that the creepy murder simulator that was teased like a year ago? The one where we saw the preview and wondered, "why would anyone want to play this?"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hellsau posted:

Is that the creepy murder simulator that was teased like a year ago? The one where we saw the preview and wondered, "why would anyone want to play this?"

Man I love a solid VR murder simulator and it's not even that good at being that, honestly

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

LLSix posted:

Are there even any other Full games of traditional genres that were made specifically for VR? Moss maybe?

Yeah, I mean, whats a "full" game? Chronos is somewhere around 12 hours, and is a traditional 3rd person action RPG, Mage's Tale is around 10 hours of a traditional dungeon crawler... I mean is it just length? Lone Echo took me like, 7 or 8 hours on my first playthrough, and certainly has AAA production values.

What point does something cross into "full game"? Is 5 hours too short? 10? 20? It has to be more than hours.

That said as far as RTS games go, you'd be remiss not to check out Brass Tactics, considering it has a free multiplayer demo you can try out. Thats the only real RTS i can think of. I would say Chronos, Edge of Nowhere, Lucky's Tale, Astro Bot are full games of a traditional action/platformer 3rd person game.

Also I suppose a lot of traditional genres transfer to VR in ways that make them completely un-traditional. Shooters are as traditional as it gets but theres hardly anything comparable to an FPS game on a screen, and one in VR. I think as far as traditional genres the things missing in VR are your hardcore sports games, with seasons, team management, etc etc, open world games for obvious reasons that are time consuming to make, stealth tactical games, city builders and all types of god games, and I suppose traditional RPG's, but a lot of that is just blending together with open world games anyways.

Some of that is coming. Espire 1, that upcoming metal gear: kayak, and the who-knows-how-far-in-the-future splinter cell vr game recently talked about will start filling some stealth games. Asgard's Wrath is promising an action/rpg game thats 40 hours long (they say...), and Stormlands should be the first real open world made for VR game. I'd love to see some god/building type games in VR, I think theres so many great ways that could be done and I hope someone is working on it. There probably won't be any big sports games for the longest time because of all monopolizing of rights to various sports. That Racoon Lagoon, and Garden of the Sea look like harvest moon type games, though I don't know how expansive either will be. Other stuff, I dunno.

VR is still slowly rolling along.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
While not made for VR Alien Isolation is a great AAA type game, and it works really well in VR

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Hadlock posted:

3M foam tape is amazing, I'm using some 5lb tape to hold a USB 3.0 hub to the back of my NAS

3M makes some industrial foam tape too, it's called simply "VHB", it's red, so you don't accidently use it instead of regular foam tape. VHB stands for "Very High Bond" if you dig around on the internet there's a video where they pull a literal freight train using 2 sq ft of the stuff. They use VHB to attach the skin of semi truck trailers to the frame, etc

3M foam tape is perfectly adequate for indoor consumer electronics

The linkbox literally comes with a dual sided sticky pad for this reason.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Cojawfee posted:

I haven't tried with the controllers, but the index headset has a button. You press it to bring up the steam VR menu. If you hold it, it does that steam icon and green circle and it brings up the exit VR menu.

Thank god, I was wondering how to quit out of an application once I'm done with it. Happened a few times where I had to manually exit a game.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Combat Pretzel posted:

Oh man, I get that one even with just a single monitor. Something about that makes my head and eyes hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

moolchaba posted:

Pros:

-Nice interface.

Cons:

-Needs more demos.

Content is pretty thin for quest right now, but my recommendation for anybody who gets motion/simulator sick would be the free ISS software. Just hop into the explore mode and alternate between physics based locomotion by dragging yourself around with your hands, and then try the free motion with the left stick. Just scoot around for a few minutes and stop, then pick it up again in an hour and do a few more minutes. The transition back and forth is a pretty gentle way of training your vestibular system.

Another alternative to consider if the fairly paltry software selection is a problem is the entire catalog of steamvr and rift software, which more or less all work wirelessly with alvr, if you have a computer than can run them and a decent router.