Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

atelier morgan posted:

she doesn't openly sexual harass women constantly or loudly support racism

She a politician so I just assume that we haven't found out yet.

*edit* Well, I don't know how much harassment she does personally (probably a lot) but the friends she keeps......

quote:

In 2013, about 20 women accused Filner, a two-decade Democratic congressman-turned-San Diego mayor, of sexual harassment and misconduct. Some said he put them in “Filner headlocks.”

Harris' office drew considerable criticism in 2013 for allowing Filner to plead guilty to state charges of false imprisonment and battery against three Jane Does in exchange for a light sentence. Filner could have faced up to five years in prison, but the plea bargain instead gave him three months of house arrest, three years' probation, and partial loss of his mayoral pension.

spacetoaster has issued a correction as of 22:33 on Jul 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Janes Doe

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

:hai:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

atelier morgan posted:

she doesn't openly sexual harass women constantly or loudly support racism so she's way behind biden

I will vote for a fascist every time over a fascist pig.

Harris is the pig.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Thanatosian posted:

Harris is the pig.

same

i worked for cdcr (not as a co) and saw poo poo, i aint voting for a ca pig

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Thanatosian posted:

Harris is the pig.

i wouldnt vote for either personally but you do you

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
But she smoked weed and definitely inhaled! (And unlike many of her victims, isn't serving a forever jail sentence for that)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNjI03CGkb4

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I'm surprised there's not more anti-capitalism attitude in the gaming world considering how hard capitalism hosed up games.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Cowpocalypse posted:

I'm surprised there's not more anti-capitalism attitude in the gaming world considering how hard capitalism hosed up games.

No no, you're thinking of the SJWs.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cowpocalypse posted:

Lol day 0 crack releases

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think the prevailing attitude in that "community" is that of a disgruntled consumer who feels owed and only wants more.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Cowpocalypse posted:

I think that attitude is slowly growing, you see people commenting on it in context of like the Riot dude who was grabbing peoples balls or whatever that barely got a slap on the wrist, plus some game studios blaming delays on wanting to make sure their staff isn't overworked (which is bullshit but at least it makes people associate companies valuing work/life balance with warm and fuzzies.)

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Moridin920 posted:

When one girl complained that she was having trouble breathing the manager gave her poo poo and joked about the stack of applications in the office. He did give her a few minutes outside though tbf.

quote:

issuing correction on a previous post of mine... you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
How it all started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wH878t78bw

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I really hate to ask food identification questions, however- could someone identify that slop for me, please.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hard too see much in that image but it looks to me like maybe an attempt at nachos???

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That was my best guess, too.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Waffle fries

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

jfc the blood
the turtle's crying

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah its chips, ground beef, and cheese. a school lunch staple

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Subjunctive posted:

you can just admit you were wrong. you thought the reasoning was “ok” when you thought it didn’t apply. just let it wash over you.

non-disparagement clauses are enforceable if there was meaningful consideration exchanged, as far as I know. have you seen otherwise?

I do like that you don’t think a small business owner would be petty in pursuit of vengeance if the naming and shaming had any effect (or they saw the post while googling their store name, which of course small businesses never do) — which I assume you think it could, since you’re advocating for it

Lol

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Kitfox88 posted:

straw ban is nothing more than political theater to try once more to convince the little folk that it's their fault the world's in shambles, ignoring that a few hundred folk and their sprawling industrial empires are responsible for the mass lions share of environmental disasters due to the never-ceasing chase for profit and number go up, and instead of banning straws we should ban those people's heads from being on their bodies.

The whole straw thing is based on an imaginary number made up by a 9 year old. Its loving nuts. If you care about saving humanity (the planet will survive) then do things.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

porktree posted:

The whole straw thing is based on an imaginary number made up by a 9 year old. Its loving nuts. If you care about saving humanity (the planet will survive) then do things.

And by "do things", you mean posting on forums lecturing others about how the things they're doing aren't going to save the planet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The whole point was to do away with straws entirely as they serve no loving purpose*, not start using other kinds of straws.

*) Yes there are people who can only (easily) drink through straws I'm sure allowances could have been made.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Jerry Cotton posted:

The whole point was to do away with straws entirely as they serve no loving purpose*, not start using other kinds of straws.

*) Yes there are people who can only (easily) drink through straws I'm sure allowances could have been made.

yes because disabled people who aren't literally dickenson's tiny tim are already accommodated so well

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Lambert posted:

And by "do things", you mean posting on forums lecturing others about how the things they're doing aren't going to save the planet.

Woah you sure got them good poster on forums lecturer of green.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Kitfox88 posted:

yes because disabled people who aren't literally dickenson's tiny tim are already accommodated so well

I'd say you're grasping at straws here but :shrug:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
At McDonalds and Burger King here, you have condiment stations where you can grab ketchup, salt, pepper, napkins and straws. You can grab 50 straws or you can grab zero straws, and nobody will give half a poo poo. Is that not a thing in the US?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

evobatman posted:

At McDonalds and Burger King here, you have condiment stations where you can grab ketchup, salt, pepper, napkins and straws. You can grab 50 straws or you can grab zero straws, and nobody will give half a poo poo. Is that not a thing in the US?

yes.... that’s exactly a thing lol. why do you think people want them banned? because they’re hard to acquire?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I get the milk when I go to McDonalds Hesburger anyway. Imagine putting a straw in a milk carton :laffo:

What the gently caress

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I have a pack of plastic straws in my junk drawer and I vote.

(jesus you people are still on about straws still)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jerry Cotton posted:

I get the milk when I go to McDonalds Hesburger anyway. Imagine putting a straw in a milk carton :laffo:

What the gently caress

I know you live in some fantasy country and your thing is having trouble believing the rest of the world is different but single use milk cartons with a hole in the side were how we got served them from kindergarten to 12th grade.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Len posted:

I know you live in some fantasy country and your thing is having trouble believing the rest of the world is different but single use milk cartons with a hole in the side were how we got served them from kindergarten to 12th grade.

the carton is designed to be folded open at the top to form a convenient little spout that pours cleanly. its really easy for kids of all ages to drink from so the straw seems extraneous/gratuitous/nonsensical. maybe you already know that, maybe not. idk. this reply is not meant to be an attack on your character.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

fart store posted:

the carton is designed to be folded open at the top to form a convenient little spout that pours cleanly. its really easy for kids of all ages to drink from so the straw seems extraneous/gratuitous/nonsensical. maybe you already know that, maybe not. idk. this reply is not meant to be an attack on your character.

Doesn't change the fact that's how they got served to us in public school.

Len has issued a correction as of 23:38 on Jul 24, 2019

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

fart store posted:

you cant make chocolate milk bubbles without a straw you goddamned idiot

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the influential Capri sun lobby

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
is the Loft run by nazis

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I think they use ending-in-88 to mean “no returns”, and are otherwise oblivious. I am going to keep thinking that, if you don’t mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i do not remember single serving paper milk cartons from my school days having holes in them for a straw