Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Condiv posted:

this is supposedly his granddaughter :barf:

Ugh. He just can't stop himself at all. Add that to the collage of him with all those young girls.

Is this the same granddaughter that Biden skipped out on an event to attend her graduation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
I hope Biden loses but thats a pretty unremarkable peck. I kiss my daughter that way. If our 2nd is a boy I don't see it as weird to kiss him that way. My parents kissed me that way. Like, if it was random dem organizer with no relation I get it... But as a parent that seems pretty normal and boring to me.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yiggy posted:

I hope Biden loses but thats a pretty unremarkable peck. I kiss my daughter that way. If our 2nd is a boy I don't see it as weird to kiss him that way. My parents kissed me that way. Like, if it was random dem organizer with no relation I get it... But as a parent that seems pretty normal and boring to me.

Yo, what up Tom Brady?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I don't kiss my kids on the mouth

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Yiggy posted:

You kiss your daughter on the lips?

...why?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Lips are an erogenous zone. Kissing your kids on the lips is weird. Kiss your kids on the forehead or cheeks like normal people do please.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Luckyellow posted:

Ugh. He just can't stop himself at all. Add that to the collage of him with all those young girls.

Is this the same granddaughter that Biden skipped out on an event to attend her graduation?

Might be the daughter of his dead son?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

a.lo posted:

Do I want Biden to get the party nomination? No.

Do I think he’s as bad or worse than Trump? No.

Will I vote for him if he gets the party nomination? Yes!

Will I do what I can to hold him accountable to his campaign promises? Yes!!!

his campaign promises are loving awful though

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Well so far he's promised that nothing will fundamentally change so at least it's not a big ask.

Can't wait for Republicans being appointed to the Supreme Court, but it's Republicans that a Democrat chose.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It's pretty amazing that in a primary, which is the time to go further 'out there' on campaign promises, he's already been pulling everything to the right

He's wanting to go back to 2016 before Trump, which is absolutely not possible, and he's nothing like Obama.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I come from an ear-nibbling family myself.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Lots of people getting needlessly weirded out here.

My wife and I both peck my 2yo daughter on the mouth, closed-lipped. I think like nuclear family lip-pecking is fine until a certain age. Adolescence?

Grandpa lip-kissing a teenage girl though? :stonk:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Honestly it would be easier to list the people in my life I don't kiss on the lips.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Condiv posted:

this is supposedly his granddaughter :barf:

What happened to the loving cheek or the forehead?

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things
For me it's not that I can't imagine platonic mouth kissing, it's that a person aware of the problems inherent in power differentials should really be thinking, "Wow I'm a former Vice President of the United States of America, maybe I should wield the inherent social power of my position wisely and well and not grab and kiss every person in sight" instead of doing the opposite of that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

twodot posted:

For me it's not that I can't imagine platonic mouth kissing, it's that a person aware of the problems inherent in power differentials should really be thinking, "Wow I'm a former Vice President of the United States of America, maybe I should wield the inherent social power of my position wisely and well and not grab and kiss every person in sight" instead of doing the opposite of that.

I mean, you're not wrong but family customs are strong and he probably didn't even think twice.

He's got bigger problems. Namely, talking down to anyone who asks him a question and having profoundly lovely third-way policies.

Sadly, name recognition will probably carry him to the nom and Trump will be re-elected and we will silently glide into extinction by wildfire and extreme weather events and agricultural collapse and

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its not a family custom if grandpa biden keeps doing this poo poo and just calls it that when anyone asks why.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Crabtree posted:

Its not a family custom if grandpa biden keeps doing this poo poo and just calls it that when anyone asks why.

I'm not suggesting that his smooching strangers' children and massaging their shoulders is defensible as a 'family custom,' for the record.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

perhaps we can be culturally relativistic without being morally relativistic

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
America's ruling classes are intensely hosed up.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It’s wild that:

1. Joe Biden went the hardest of any candidate on talking about how the Republican Party is aligned with Actual Nazis in his campaign announcement.

2. He also went the hardest on working together with them.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I am surprised no one mentioned the look on her face directly afterward.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Grapplejack posted:

I like the idea that if Bernie fails it's time to abandon the idea of democracy altogether and become the pro-authoritarian left, as if that is at all a good idea

Unironically agreed.

Lo and behold, we continue to break records.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
psssh, so much for the tolerant left, amirite?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dr Christmas posted:

It’s wild that:

1. Joe Biden went the hardest of any candidate on talking about how the Republican Party is aligned with Actual Nazis in his campaign announcement.

2. He also went the hardest on working together with them.

He didn't. He attacked Trump for his enabling of white supremacy while spreading the fantasy that the second Trump goes away the rest of the Republicans will just go back to being reasonable and responsible and not a death cult overnight!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Thankfully her rise has put an end to any optimism I had about Biden's fall.
Trump is going to win.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Thankfully her rise has put an end to any optimism I had about Biden's fall.
Trump is going to win.

That poo poo probably helps her in a general lol.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Imagine being stupid enough to think crime tourism is real

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

The context of this is she’s really just saying “minorities” because she’s implying it’s people from Oakland or Richmond coming to SF to crime.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

imagine being conservative centrist

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I road trip all my crimes. Just a quick Google of nice attractions with low bail and I'm on my way.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

luv2conflate bail with "getting away with crime scot free"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
in the current context of no-cash-bail and the progressive movement,

this one politician "once" pushed to INCREASE bail.

SO SHE IS CANCELLED

Truly, frenz, this is her Ralph Northam moment.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Trabisnikof posted:

The context of this is she’s really just saying “minorities” because she’s implying it’s people from Oakland or Richmond coming to SF to crime.

Harris is so embarrassing to the Bay Area holy poo poo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

SO SHE IS CANCELLED

It's one of the million reasons she's loving garbage but go off I guess?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

SO SHE IS CANCELLED

Not having even the most rudimentary sense of pattern recognition isn't some kinda badge of honor, pal. And if you're just willfully memory holing Kamala's record that ain't much better.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ardennes posted:

I am surprised no one mentioned the look on her face directly afterward.

This comment encouraged me to actually watch the video instead of assuming it was bad.

I'm not interested in lunch anymore.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Chilichimp posted:

SO SHE IS CANCELLED

why are you like this?

Harris sucks, you don’t need to prostrate yourself defending an awful former AG from her awful decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Kamala Harris is a cop and she loving sucks . All of her positions are garbage.