Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm actually struggling to find or think of 3rd party Switch games that go for their full price $60 and are "worth it." Ports don't count in this.

All I can think of right now is MUA3 and DQB2.

LODGE NORTH fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'm actually struggling to find or think of 3rd party Switch games that go for their full price $60 and are "worth it." Ports don't count in this.

i don't think MUA counts as third party, Nintendo is publishing so it's second party.

edit: but also you buy nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, the relative bounty of ports and indies for the Switch is just a bonus. no one bought a switch to play the latest third party games, they bought it for Smash or Zelda or Pokemon

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

LODGE NORTH posted:

D3 is worth whatever price is asked for it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

$60 does not have an absolute fixed value, ban price posts

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

DC Murderverse posted:

i don't think MUA counts as third party, Nintendo is publishing so it's second party.

edit: but also you buy nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, the relative bounty of ports and indies for the Switch is just a bonus. no one bought a switch to play the latest third party games, they bought it for Smash or Zelda or Pokemon

Not gonna lie my WiiU was bought pretty much for Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Pikmin 3 was just a happy coincidence

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, just a bad thing...for me. I can get the vouchers for $90, which would end up being a savings of $30 excluding tax on 2 games that meet the full standard MSRP of a Switch game. Only problem is that for most Nintendo games, I like to get the physical copy, but I can get the digital of everything else and be cool with that. DQB2 is the only game I can think that'd actually grab my interest and isn't also a Nintendo franchise.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dear Capcom
Make a new Monster Hunter but replace hunters with One Piece Crew and Monster with Villians from One Piece.

The games I listed were not a bundle just good poo poo I already got.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

If they don't add the frog suit to SMM2 then what's the fuckin point of the switch

The frog suit is in the title screen collage, it’s gotta be coming

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Games I would possible get through the voucher thing:

Mario maker 2
Fire emblem
Astral Chain
Pokemon

Knowing platinum’s history astral chain will be like $5 in a year tho

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Games I would possible get through the voucher thing:

Mario maker 2
Fire emblem
Astral Chain
Pokemon

Knowing platinum’s history astral chain will be like $5 in a year tho

Pokémon and Fire emblem for sure since lol they won’t ever go on sale.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mario Maker 2, Pokemon

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mons Hubris posted:

The frog suit is in the title screen collage, it’s gotta be coming

No, it isn’t. Maybe you got confused by Toadette in the cat suit.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

You can get physical copies cheaper and sell them or trade them later for actual money or value. The voucher program is not a discount program.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

That's only a valid point if you're the type that sells games. I don't sell games because that causes me to not have the games anymore.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shammypants posted:

The voucher program is not a discount program.

Actually it is? :confused:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

That's only a valid point if you're the type that sells games. I don't sell games because that causes me to not have the games anymore.

Everyone makes mistakes or isn't as interested in a title than they thought they would be. I bought Pokemon Let's Go and played it enough to feel like it wasn't for me, and Super Mario U to the end, and now I can sell them for 50 dollars in credit or trade them for full priced titles (i.e. there is someone looking to trade Octopath for Pokemon Let's Go right now). The discount in the voucher program is simply not good enough to overcome the opportunity to loan people games, make up for a mistake or get rid of unwanted and unused titles. Physical games are also frequently on sale at Walmart and other places for 10 off or you can get 10 off for preordering in some places. I can't imagine that people completely unwilling to ever get rid of games amounts to a substantial number in the gaming community. I would say that if the online discount were like another 10 bucks off, maybe that would be good but not amazing or anything.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Do you display them?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Heads up Canadian Goons. Memory Express has the Sandisk 400GB micro SD card on sale for 24 hours for $89 (or ~$100 shipped).
Just grabbed one to upgrade from my 128GB (about 65% full).

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Shammypants posted:

You can get physical copies cheaper and sell them or trade them later for actual money or value. The voucher program is not a discount program.

Physical copies are about $70 where I live and rarely discounted. $50 is a pretty good deal for a new game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Shammypants posted:

Getting two brand spanking new releases for like $20 less before even factoring in gold points is absolutely a discount, my dude.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What a hilariously awful hill to die on.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

man nurse posted:

Getting two brand spanking new releases for like $20 less before even factoring in gold points is absolutely a discount, my dude.

Also taking into account that it’s reliable to get $100 Eshop credit for $85 (ish) which makes it an even better deal.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Money, money, money. Must be funny.

In a rich man's world.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

ITS NOT A DISCOUNT IF I STOLE THE MONEY DAD!!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please, lets hold it together so we can all non stop complain about all the flaws well all realize the new fire emblem has.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barudak posted:

Please, lets hold it together so we can all non stop complain about all the flaws well all realize the new fire emblem has.

FLAW #1! I paid full price for yet another fire emblem game I play for an hour and bounce off of because I suck and someone died.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

It's going to be great

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Barudak posted:

Megami Ibunroku Fire Emblem will be fun and we all know it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

MarcusSA posted:

FLAW #1! I paid full price for yet another fire emblem game I play for an hour and bounce off of because I suck and someone died.

FLAW #2! Some kind of baby casual mode where my people don't permadie is on by default

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FLAW #3! They don't all kiss!!!!

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Chronojam posted:

FLAW #2! Some kind of baby casual mode where my people don't permadie is on by default

I took me a while to get over not playing permadeath mode when I got into the series. Playing on casual felt like cheating, but resetting was super unfun. I eventually realized I had other hard and punishing SRPGs I could play if that's what I wanted to do and I stopped giving a gently caress.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

d3lness posted:

I took me a while to get over not playing permadeath mode when I got into the series. Playing on casual felt like cheating, but resetting was super unfun. I eventually realized I had other hard and punishing SRPGs I could play if that's what I wanted to do and I stopped giving a gently caress.

Wait does awakening have the casual mode? I swear I play the map right but then I get like turbo hosed by some AI bullshit and I just restart and its super loving annoying.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Wait does awakening have the casual mode? I swear I play the map right but then I get like turbo hosed by some AI bullshit and I just restart and its super loving annoying.

Sure does, homeslice!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

d3lness posted:

Sure does, homeslice!

Awesome I'm gonna have to switch that on and stop giving a gently caress that some dick wad died from some straight bullshit.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Awesome I'm gonna have to switch that on and stop giving a gently caress that some dick wad died from some straight bullshit.

Awesome, hope you enjoy! Fyi, Chrom eating poo poo is still a game over.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The new one has a rewind feature, even on classic mode!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The new one has a rewind feature, even on classic mode!

The rewind is a way better way to handle it than removing permadeath imo.

Removing permadeath changes the tactics way too much since you never need to be careful with your units. A limited rewind lets you get out of the occasional bullshit kills but still requires you to play with death in mind.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So if I buy this new Switch do I have to send my old one along with the new one to Nintendo in order to have my data and whatnot transferred to it or has Nintendo joined the modern age?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

punk rebel ecks posted:

So if I buy this new Switch do I have to send my old one along with the new one to Nintendo in order to have my data and whatnot transferred to it or has Nintendo joined the modern age?
If it's on an external SD card I think you can just pop the card out and move it. Games installed on the internal thing you'll have to re-download but I think this is free once you've logged into your eshop account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Nessus posted:

If it's on an external SD card I think you can just pop the card out and move it. Games installed on the internal thing you'll have to re-download but I think this is free once you've logged into your eshop account.

Awesome. Nintendo is finally in the 21st century.