Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bagrada posted:

Keep in mind you don't have to do the daily bonus World Boss either. If there's one you can defeat more easily, stick with them, especially if you can beat them five times while building up your teams. When I started off I had a lot of problems with Proxima because her purple rain seemed to come out of nowhere. So I ignored her most of the time and just did the others. Now that I'm on WBU, I ignore Supergiant because she doesn't give T3 mats and I ignore Thanos most of the time though I probably have five teams that can kill him if played carefully now.

I'm guessing it's a while before you can kill the ol' Mad Titan? I keep trying even with Tier 2 Carol and don't seem to make much progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

If you have T2 carol with costume you should be able to take out regular Thanos. Just work on recognizing his attacks and staying alive. It helps if you have someone like captain america or sharon rogers to swap into for the dangerous bits, use them to dodge and do a bit of damage or even take a death for you, then swap back to Carol when she's ready.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You don't necessarily need strong seconds, just fast ones. Find a couple of fast guys with high dodge rate. Use Carol to do some big attacks and then when Thanos goes invulnerable and starts his attacks tag out and run. When he's vulnerable again tag Carol back in and hit again.

It's tedious and you have to learn his attack patterns, but it's doable with some practice.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Applied under SAmicg

So the last time i logged into this account was 1300 days so yeah a lot has definitely changed.

I have a 2 free 6 star character and not sure what I should choose

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Servers are down for a patch? Looks like nothing brand new but they are putting the movie spoiling finishing touches on the Endgame costumes, so smash your phone if you are holding out for the VHS release

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Applied under SAmicg

So the last time i logged into this account was 1300 days so yeah a lot has definitely changed.

I have a 2 free 6 star character and not sure what I should choose

Here's a tier list website they try to keep up to date. Note Jean Grey is arguably the #1 char again after her T3 update but that's a lot of resources, especially if you don't have her unlocked or 60 yet. Captain Marvel is pretty ridiculous too with one of her two newest costumes if you maybe had her at T2 60 already.

For the 6* choosers the general recommendations are Minn Erva combat, Sharon Rogers blast, Luna Snow speed, Iron Hammer universal. I've seen Morgan Le Fay mentioned too but she's down a few tiers if you go by this list.

Recent costumes will turn Captain Marvel, Captain America, Winter Soldier, Minn Erva, Hawkeye, Thor, and Spidey 2099 into very useful mainstays.

Then just work to unlock and power up the native T2s Jean, Thanos, Deadpool, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange, Quicksilver and Cable mainly. Mr. Fantastic and Stryfe have their uses, and Doom is no slouch but not very overpowered either. Along the path working on them, Human Torch, Victorious, Psylocke, Magneto and Invisible Woman are all great but all but Torch (easy tracking missions) and Victorious (slow shifter farming) require lots of crystals though you get a bunch refunded. *Edited a bit for correctness.

If you are swamped by everything, work on daily challenges and event quests if you can (the one running right now would get you a mega 6 boost if you did everything for all 10 days it is up), work towards getting a roster big enough to clear 15 levels of shadowlands every week for the huge chunks of bios you can get from 5 10 and 15, and work on world boss to get more people to T2 if you can. You can safely ignore T3 and ultimate world boss until you are stomping regular world boss and want a challenge.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 17, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

bagrada posted:

Servers are down for a patch? Looks like nothing brand new but they are putting the movie spoiling finishing touches on the Endgame costumes, so smash your phone if you are holding out for the VHS release

Here's a tier list website they try to keep up to date. Note Jean Grey is arguably the #1 char again after her T3 update but that's a lot of resources, especially if you don't have her unlocked or 60 yet. Captain Marvel is pretty ridiculous too with one of her two newest costumes if you maybe had her at T2 60 already.

For the 6* choosers the general recommendations are Minn Erva combat, Sharon Rogers blast, Luna Snow speed, Iron Hammer universal. I've seen Morgan Le Fay mentioned too but she's down a few tiers if you go by this list.

Recent costumes will turn Captain Marvel, Captain America, Winter Soldier, Minn Erva, Hawkeye, Thor, and Spidey 2099 into very useful mainstays.

Then just work to unlock and power up the native T2s Jean, Thanos, Deadpool, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange, Quicksilver and Cable mainly. Mr. Fantastic and Stryfe have their uses, and Doom is no slouch but not very overpowered either. Along the path working on them, Human Torch, Victorious, Psylocke, Magneto and Invisible Woman are all great but all but Torch (easy tracking missions) and Victorious (slow shifter farming) require lots of crystals though you get a bunch refunded. *Edited a bit for correctness.

If you are swamped by everything, work on daily challenges and event quests if you can (the one running right now would get you a mega 6 boost if you did everything for all 10 days it is up), work towards getting a roster big enough to clear 15 levels of shadowlands every week for the huge chunks of bios you can get from 5 10 and 15, and work on world boss to get more people to T2 if you can. You can safely ignore T3 and ultimate world boss until you are stomping regular world boss and want a challenge.

This is awesome! Thanks! Should I save my gems to buy cards?

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

This is awesome! Thanks! Should I save my gems to buy cards?

I've never had the spare crystals to buy any cards and I've never felt like I'm missing out on anything. I'm sure I'd be a little better if I did, but I've been playing for a very long time on and off and I don't think it's all that necessary. Unless you're planning on whaling out, you should probably just save them for uniforms, crystal exclusive characters, and whatever next epic quest character they throw at us.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No! Get cards from Dimension Rifts. Save your crystals for costumes and exclusive characters.

I say that as someone who wasted a lot of crystals early on dumb rear end poo poo.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

No! Get cards from Dimension Rifts. Save your crystals for costumes and exclusive characters.

Good to know!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

There's never a shortage on good stuff to spend crystals on instead of gambling on cards or custom gear.

- costumes that make poor characters meta (captain america, winter soldier, captain marvel)
- costumes that make poor characters actually usable (crystal, agent venom, venom, archangel, miles morales)
- costumes that make good characters slightly better (jean grey, scarlet witch, psylocke, emma, wolverine, dr strange)
- chars needed to finish epic quest to unlock their final reward char. This is a big expense of gems but you get a bunch refunded from the epic quest missions you complete and an easy source of bios/xgenes. (magneto, psylocke, invisible woman)
- crystal only chars emma frost, ice man, sabertooth, adam warlock (don't buy him unless you really like him from the comics or want to be ahead of the curve if he shows up in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 in two years)

In no special order. Unless min-maxing, in which case there's better advice and even charts out there somewhere, you can't really go wrong picking someone you like of the above and work towards getting them in good shape.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but those are the big ones. Also never buy a costume unless its on sale, there's currently a 40% off sale running.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've taken advantage of the costume sell and noticed a huge jump in effectiveness with Luna Snow.

What in general does it take to beat Thanos on normal? I just can't seem to put a team that's good enough to do it. The highest level character I've got is Captain Marvel (with her Endgame uniform) at 66.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I hate Thanos’s new 4 skill cinematic.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Holy poo poo, the Spidey 2099 suit steps him up a good deal.

And now I gotta get a new Iron Man costume just for the 5 power.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So I got Minerva and Sharon Rogers with my 2 6 star draws. I also have 500 biometrics. Do I use those on those 2 characters?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I've taken advantage of the costume sell and noticed a huge jump in effectiveness with Luna Snow.

What in general does it take to beat Thanos on normal? I just can't seem to put a team that's good enough to do it. The highest level character I've got is Captain Marvel (with her Endgame uniform) at 66.

im surprised she doesnt get it done. does she have an iso set, custom gear, etc? what are your card bonuses?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

punchymcpunch posted:

im surprised she doesnt get it done. does she have an iso set, custom gear, etc? what are your card bonuses?

Well, now she can do it, so I don't know what to say. I guess I just needed to complain.

I'm guessing the SOP is to beat up Thanos enough to get him as a one-star and then get a Mega 6 Rank Up ticket?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Well, now she can do it, so I don't know what to say. I guess I just needed to complain.

works every time

Dawgstar posted:

I'm guessing the SOP is to beat up Thanos enough to get him as a one-star and then get a Mega 6 Rank Up ticket?

no, they dont work on native t2s and you dont level them up with bios (other than the ones you use to unlock them at 1*), you use t2 mats. black antimatter for the rank ups and chaos norns for the mastery. also lots and lots of gold. so just beat him... ten times? i think, and youre golden

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 18, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sent application to Marble Hebrons SAmicg

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Them announcing a Shang-Chi movie makes me feel a lot better about accidentally using my T2 selector on him a few months ago.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Sent application to Marble Hebrons SAmicg

youre in!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Awesome! :dance:

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I have a CTP of Destruction. Debating on who gets it.

The CTP guide recommends Carol, Wade, Glaive, Quicksilver, Cap, Jean, Spidey, X23, Bucky and Emma. I've got Wade and Cap at T3. Does Guard Break Immunity help against WBU purple rings of death?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Does Guard Break Immunity help against WBU purple rings of death?

sure does, makes it a lot easier to just walk out of em

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Dr Goons have any openings? IGN HotballsJohnson

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

b0ng posted:

Dr Goons have any openings? IGN HotballsJohnson

We do! You need to apply in-game, though. There aren't invites.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Latest tease is Future Foundation costumes! YES. I want ANNIHILATION WAVE JOHNNY STORM.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I am so happy I didn't buy one of those Far From Home outfits now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I used to be kind of annoyed when they added a new costume for someone soon after another one but now if they add a Spider-Man FF I think I'm just gonna laugh and embrace it. Like with all the Endgame uniforms and team uniforms I think we're reaching a point where you no longer need to default to the newest uniform to have your best version. You can actually pick and choose which one you like, which is cool because it will mean more variety and options.

So Spidey Infinity War, Spidey Far From Home, Spidey Stealth, Spidey FF. It would be cool if they're all about equal and you can just do what you like.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'm hoping they get to a spot where you can choose your uniform look from any you own or even hide it for the base look while keeping the best stats.

Closing in on my next T3. I have Thor and Iron Man ready, and I'm only a few hundred cube fragments shy of Wolvie or Thanos. Can't hurt to wait and see what this patch brings.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thor is good. Iron Man isn't worth it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah they need to split uniform buffs from visual appearance so I can rock some different looks. Just make the buffs a bucket selector of all the uniform buffs I've bought so far.

I'll immediately go and get cartoon Loki.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Thor is good. Iron Man isn't worth it.

Yeah I'll probably T3 Thor next since it will make him more usable in UWB whereas everyone else (Wolverine, Thanos, Luna) are already doing fine and I don't think Iron Man will help much. I'll see what happens with the FF though, I've been working Reed up to 70 and need more physical people since my energy chars are pretty ridiculous.

They need to do an Immortal Hulk update and T3 him already, adding some of the freaky monsters from that comics run.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, T3ing Iron Man helps him. He's definitely better. But he's not anything to write home about.

T3 Mr. Fantastic is AWESOME though. Genuinely a Top 3-5 guy for me with Deadpool, Wanda, Sharon, and Jean. He's basically untouchable, does a poo poo ton of damage, and his 6 skill can kill WBU Thanos in one shot if you hit it right. He even mashes Corvus and he's not supposed to be able to. I highly recommend him.

One of these times I'm gonna T3 Black Panther because he does a lot of damage at 70 so I'm curious if he becomes a huge tank at T3. He's kind of soft though which is why I never really focus on him. I gotta beef him up with defensive and recovery urus or something.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 26, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm half-way to being able to just outright buy Sue and if she's getting an FF uniform it just became super tempting.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

bagrada posted:

I'm hoping they get to a spot where you can choose your uniform look from any you own or even hide it for the base look while keeping the best stats.

This doesn't encourage spending though. If they ever modify the system, it will be in some obtuse way that still creates pain points that generate purchases of new content.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is White Fox worth spending the crystals to unlock her questline for?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She's alright. Not blowaway but like I can use to breeze through Level 20 in Shadowland.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

One of these times I'm gonna T3 Black Panther because he does a lot of damage at 70 so I'm curious if he becomes a huge tank at T3. He's kind of soft though which is why I never really focus on him. I gotta beef him up with defensive and recovery urus or something.

He was my first T3. I wouldn't say he's a huge tank - I'm a little dissatisfied at the damage of his 6 at least against the ABX monster, but he's pretty good.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

BP is one of those characters that I just have fun using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Is White Fox worth spending the crystals to unlock her questline for?

shes one of the best support characters in the game. maybe the best.