Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ethan Ampadu is in Leipzig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1152306600113258496
:yeshaha:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

I hope Icardi stays and Wanda goes on tv every night to cry again.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
West Ham are selling Obiang to Sassuolo for €8m.

Also Di Marzio says that Juve will sell Kean to Everton for €30m because they can't get rid of Higuain or Mandzukic, but only if Everton allow for a buy back clause in 2 years.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/revealed-transfer-summit-newcastle-united-16616935

quote:

Newcastle United were involved in an unusual sort of transfer summit this week at Stamford Bridge as they work on reinforcing their squad in the final three weeks of the transfer window.

The Magpies had a representative at Chelsea’s stadium for the so-called “transfer speed dating” event that took place this week – along with executives from Manchester City, Juventus, Anderlecht and a clutch of other elite clubs. They were one of over 100 clubs involved.

The 'Deal Day' event was run by new firm Transfer Room, who have set up a trading platform designed to increase transparency for clubs looking to broker deals for players. So far it has helped to facilitate more than 200 deals across three transfer windows, with players up to the value of £20million included on the platform.

United were one of the clubs who took part in a series of 15 minutes with rivals from all over Europe to thrash out availability of potential players.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I’d really like to see that.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
They did something like that in Club De Cuervos, where all the Liga MX clubs had to do their transfers in one day at a big convention

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

brocked posted:

They did something like that in Club De Cuervos, where all the Liga MX clubs had to do their transfers in one day at a big convention

IIRC wasn't this the way it used to be in Italy?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Troy Queef posted:

IIRC wasn't this the way it used to be in Italy?

i feel like this is a made-for-tv type thing, they should bring it back

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

habeasdorkus posted:

I wonder how Betis will react to the medical reports on Fekir's knees.

No need to worry, it's just Fekir News.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Bruce wants to take Carroll back to Newcastle.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Bacon Terrorist posted:

This has to be a joke, right?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
big andys big ashley's perfect signing, i've been saying it for weeks

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

tarbrush posted:

This has to be a joke, right?
Hes available for free and its not like they're going to be competing with anyone for the signature of a 30 year old striker who rarely plays due to persistent injury problems.

Perfect signing for Mike Ashley.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Local papers just saying he's been offered to the club along with welbeck. Bruce wants rose and Dwight McNeil and they'd be decent signings but lol at getting Ashley to agree to rose

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
If you could get Carroll on a pay as you play deal he'd be a good signing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/1152813925282529281

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I like how Joe Linton is apparently someone the club has tried to sign for a while, only for Rafa to nix it.

quote:

Bruce will have the final say but will not, as Benítez did, block the long-planned acquisition of Joelinton.

The Spaniard believed the 22-year-old was promising but overpriced and not ideally suited to his system and that, rather than blow the £50m budget plus profit from sales proffered by Ashley on a couple of marquee signings, it would be better invested more evenly. After all, the squad has gaps at full-back, in central midfield, on the wing and, given the departures of last season’s leading scorers Salomón Rondón and Ayoze Pérez, up front, too.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I have no idea how reliable this Dean Jones guy is, but hopefully very.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1152970567030648832

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Real are trying to gently caress Bale off to China since no one in Europe is dumb enough to pay for him and his wages.

Surely that’ll work out well for a guy who spent six years in Spain and never learned Spanish.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

Real are trying to gently caress Bale off to China since no one in Europe is dumb enough to pay for him and his wages.

Surely that’ll work out well for a guy who spent six years in Spain and never learned Spanish.

https://twitter.com/Nigerianscamsss/status/1152968287355117568
:hmmyes:

Truth
Feb 24, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

I have no idea how reliable this Dean Jones guy is, but hopefully very.

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1152970567030648832

Slabhead for 80m, what a time to be alive.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Lmao

Andre Silva left Milan’s training in Boston presumably to go sign for Monaco. 30 mil is the figure. The only thing that makes me care about this is that Milan might try to sell Cutrone now and blow that 50 mil on Atletico’s Correa who, from the numbers I’ve seen anyway, is a bum.

Anyone watch this guy? I’m half convinced that the scouts have mistaken him for the Correa that plays at Lazio.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GaffneyVLC/status/1153052479220793344
a classic Donnarumma transfer, you love to see it

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

trem_two posted:

This was something that was talked about when Liverpool were going to sign him last year, I had completely forgotten about it to be honest. Weird but I think it's happened a couple of times before?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Also the Hazard boys at Chelsea.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

EvilHawk posted:

This was something that was talked about when Liverpool were going to sign him last year, I had completely forgotten about it to be honest. Weird but I think it's happened a couple of times before?

Liverpool had everything but the ink on the contract done and then took a look at Nabil's knees and said "uh, on second thought no thanks."

e: as a Liverpool supporter, I didn't like them backing out because Ox was out for the season and I thought they needed more in midfield but then they went and won the CL and had the third highest points total in the top division so what the gently caress do I know?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

EvilHawk posted:

West Ham signed some Montenegrin u20 guy as a sweetener to the agent when buying Arnautovic, which is similar but even dodgier

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think xisco still wins for this. £7m for a shite striker because it'll give the club priority on other transfers with those agents none of which actually happened

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

I think xisco still wins for this. £7m for a shite striker because it'll give the club priority on other transfers with those agents none of which actually happened

Same for Nacho Gonzalez but at least it was a loan

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Jose posted:

I cannot think of anyone meaningful signed out of the Bebe transfer.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Where the gently caress is Joe Linton????

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bundy posted:

I cannot think of anyone meaningful signed out of the Bebe transfer.

Bebe was a Jorge Mendes client, wasn't he? As objectionable as it is, I can see the reasoning for giving Mendes a sweetener since that guy usually represents some good, high tier players.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Jô remains the most transparently corrupt Premier League transfer

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

Savio Nsereko disagrees

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Didn't he have a really good scoring record before moving to city?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Jose posted:

Didn't he have a really good scoring record before moving to city?

He was good in Russia

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jo is a legitimate striker who isn’t quite PL quality beside that one purple patch for Everton

Savio is still the worst PL transfer I’ve ever seen

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Paul Konchesky swapped for a promising Finnish dude (who washed out, but still)

loving Paul Konchesky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Also shout out for Ricky Van Wolfswinkle