Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trip report: chest tight, stomach in knots, going outside sucks.

Got hit with waves of anxiety out of nowhere all of a sudden, on the way back from what I'd planned to do. Can't point to anything that would trigger it, but it felt awful and I was super glad and relieved almost the instant I stepped back in my apartment. I can't imagine I've spontaneously developed agoraphobia or social anxiety, and it's nowhere near hot enough outside for me to have been stricken physically ill. It has to be some kind of subconscious thing secondary to being out among people again but I'm drawing a blank on what it could be.

Anyway I'm back inside now and safe under my weighted blanket. :comfyoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Addamere posted:

Got hit with waves of anxiety out of nowhere all of a sudden, on the way back from what I'd planned to do. Can't point to anything that would trigger it, but it felt awful and I was super glad and relieved almost the instant I stepped back in my apartment. I can't imagine I've spontaneously developed agoraphobia or social anxiety, and it's nowhere near hot enough outside for me to have been stricken physically ill. It has to be some kind of subconscious thing secondary to being out among people again but I'm drawing a blank on what it could be.

I used to get random bouts of anxiety for no apparent reason so I think that it's just something that can happen once your brain becomes sufficiently dysfunctional.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

turn off the TV posted:

I used to get random bouts of anxiety for no apparent reason so I think that it's just something that can happen once your brain becomes sufficiently dysfunctional.

This does not spark joy.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Addamere posted:

It's amazing and laudable that you made it out at all. Small steps. :hfive:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

e: whoops missed a few posts

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

im actually cleaning my entire apartment for the first time in probably two years and im getting more anxious the more clean it is, the sure sign of a well functioning brain

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

turn off the TV posted:

im actually cleaning my entire apartment for the first time in probably two years and im getting more anxious the more clean it is, the sure sign of a well functioning brain

I was trying to fix my sleep schedule the other day and looking for things to do to keep myself awake and I did not have the cognitive overhead to play a video game or post on the forums or anything and I knew if I just sat and watched something I'd fall asleep so I spontaneously got up and scrubbed my bathroom from floor to ceiling for the first time since I've been in this apartment.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Criss posting from lol trump

Does anyone itt have experience fuckin with section 8/public housing

My gf and I qualify but I Super Qualify if I apply by myself so I'm wondering how easy it would be to sneak her in after the fact if I just moved her poo poo in with mine

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i want to buy a mop so that i can clean my kitchen floor better and the thought of spending 10 bucks to buy one is freaking me out lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

turn off the TV posted:

i want to buy a mop so that i can clean my kitchen floor better and the thought of spending 10 bucks to buy one is freaking me out lol

dollar store

it’s a dollar

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Goon Danton posted:

What is the crack ping thing

pills 2 break your brain

its a trump thread meme

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm gonna die lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Chokes McGee posted:

dollar store

it’s a dollar

this is not a thing where i live, unfortunately

it turns out that letting your apartment accumulate so much trash in it that you feel embarrassed taking all of it out to the dumpster is not a great thing to do but i've now it's probably cleaner that it has been in two years and it looks weird as hell

turn off the TV has issued a correction as of 01:51 on Jul 22, 2019

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

turn off the TV posted:

this is not a thing where i live, unfortunately

it turns out that letting your apartment accumulate so much trash in it that you feel embarrassed taking all of it out to the dumpster is not a great thing to do but i've now it's probably cleaner that it has been in two years and it looks weird as hell

I have only ever let my trash pile up for about a month, but I also was embarrassed to be hauling out multiple bags. On the plus side, my apartment feels so much bigger now that everything is tidy.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Criss posting from lol trump

Does anyone itt have experience fuckin with section 8/public housing

My gf and I qualify but I Super Qualify if I apply by myself so I'm wondering how easy it would be to sneak her in after the fact if I just moved her poo poo in with mine

forewarning, i am not an expert on this at all, but, if you both qualify and she's going to be staying there more than very very occasionally it's probably worth putting her on the paperwork up front rather than risking getting evicted for having an extra resident who isn't listed

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

hailthefish posted:

forewarning, i am not an expert on this at all, but, if you both qualify and she's going to be staying there more than very very occasionally it's probably worth putting her on the paperwork up front rather than risking getting evicted for having an extra resident who isn't listed

yeah im not going to becasue separately we both qualify as low income (i qualify as very low income) but together we make like five hundred a year too much for a two person family

america!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im not going to gently caress around on it i mean

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

condolences on falling into one of the many deliberately constructed pits to punish poor people for existing, goonfriend

gently caress this devil country

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

on tuesday my case manager told me that he thought it'd be good for me to get an emotional support animal like a cat and today one of my siblings had to get rid of one of their cats because they are moving and now i have a cat

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

Addamere posted:

Anyway, it's a beautiful day in the Twin Cities and the sun feels good. :)

Yeah, today was nice :unsmith:.

I know how hard it is to even step outside some days. I’ve got my own head full of issues, but maybe we can go grab ice cream together sometime. :3:

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

on tuesday my case manager told me that he thought it'd be good for me to get an emotional support animal like a cat and today one of my siblings had to get rid of one of their cats because they are moving and now i have a cat

Pics

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

:hmmyes:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

turn off the TV posted:

hell yeah, cats cats cats :catdrugs:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

pills 2 break your brain

its a trump thread meme

Oct 28, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

spent the last half hour sobbing my eyes out over turning 39 tomorrow

lol crack ping

I turned 40 the other day. it was 2 days after my almost 16 year old cat died. anyone know of a place to get good mail-order cbd?

edit: not trying to be a jerk, I know aging hurts.

138 has issued a correction as of 12:03 on Jul 22, 2019

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

not looking forward to this week, my office is extremely for one person, with one desk space and one computer and nothing else, but my coworker who works remotely decided it would be easier to pick up her kids this week if she comes in to our “shared” space, which she hasn’t actually seen before so maybe she just doesn’t understand how bad it is. I hate being in close quarters with someone and since it was designed for one person the quarters are close in a way best articulated in inches

making me feel kinda anxious about not just being able to do my normal thing st work

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lol I have a deadline in 48 hours for work and now it turns out my computers gonna be needed elsewhere for 12 of them

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Applied to like ten jobs yesterday, already got rejected from one

Cool

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Cool

having done like 12-18 months of pretty full pipe job hunting that only ended 9 months ago, I wish everyone of them who passed on even interviewing me sent me a "thanks but you suck rear end and smell funny" email so I wouldn't hang onto any sort of hope they'd get in contact. good luck on your hunt. poo poo sucks and is soul crushing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Cool

thats better than never hearing back

i had a dream i had a sliver in my arm and out of stubbornness i didnt tweeze it out but dug it out with my nails and turned it into a gaping wound that needed stitches. hows that for a metaphor

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I have an appointment at a state office that finds employment and helps with continuing education for disabled adults so hopefully fingers crossed they'll be able to find me something and I won't have to do this job hunt poo poo much longer

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I also just got an email and made an appointment to interview for a full time janitor position on Friday. 12.50/hr, 40/wk, vacation and sick days.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

awesome, vacation and sick days are a fantastic thing to have in terms of providing like basic mental security. I know all to well how crushing the job hunt is, being only a month out from a 14 month hunt, and I can’t think of anything more soul crushing

except actually working maybe

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The job sounds like actual rear end so idk but

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

having done like 12-18 months of pretty full pipe job hunting that only ended 9 months ago, I wish everyone of them who passed on even interviewing me sent me a "thanks but you suck rear end and smell funny" email so I wouldn't hang onto any sort of hope they'd get in contact. good luck on your hunt. poo poo sucks and is soul crushing

Dude, absolutely same. I've been searching on and off for the last couple of months, and drat does the process ever make you feel like a piece of poo poo. 67 applications: 13 outright rejections, 7 rejections after interviews, and the rest are ghosts. I did promise to buy myself a really nice cake at 100 jobs with the phrase "I applied to a 100 jobs and all I got was this cake"

Doesn't help trying to sell yourself when you have low self-esteem either. It's like this Achewood strip at every phone screening:

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
job hunting sucks, but i do have an interview tomorrow. any (very) last minute tips to keep my nerves in check?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Equeen posted:

job hunting sucks, but i do have an interview tomorrow. any (very) last minute tips to keep my nerves in check?

Apathy/detachment

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
i care about what people think of me too much :(

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Equeen posted:

i care about what people think of me too much :(

Despite having anxiety and depression, for me it's never about big stuff. The internal stream of consciousness for me about big stuff is to ask myself: "What's the most likely bad outcome?" And for lots of situations, that answer is "nothing changes about my life". If you don't get this job, or if that person doesn't go out with you, or whatever else, then the most likely bad outcome is nothing at all. And for me that removes any pressure at all. On the other hand, I'm also so anxious that going outside at all for me nowadays is a great effort, and as a result I'm physically and socially isolated; so, I'm perhaps not the best source of advice with regards to overcoming anxiety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Equeen posted:

prep. know some info about the role and the company, and also plan to get a nice snack after as a treat