Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Spiderman is extremely capable of clearing out a room of mooks on his own. By spamming strong attack (swing kick) and midair attack (web spam) you're effectively safe 99% of the time. Swing kick to launch a crowd of enemies then finish them off with midair web spam. I cleared the "defeat 200 enemies" rift with only Spiderman alive by doing hit-and-run tactics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Naturally.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So, general consensus is game is good? I'm still a bit wary after the utter shitshow that MUA2 was.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

raditts posted:

So, general consensus is game is good? I'm still a bit wary after the utter shitshow that MUA2 was.

It's...decent. It has a lot of glaring issues but the gameplay is still fun(at least imo).

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

raditts posted:

If you’re on the fence, I would wait. It’s a good game but I don’t think it’s worth $60 currently unless you just got the money to blow.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yeah it's really what kind of game are you looking for. I've really needed a mindless time waste\loot game and I'm not really a Diablo fan, so this is a nice way to end the night.

I got my rear end kicked by a boss so I went back to the first chapter and started through the campaign again with my unlocked characters and find myself liking some of the ones I initial deemed boring. Despite my best efforts, I'm now rolling with the original avengers, cap, iron Man, Thor and hulk, and having a great time.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This game is pretty fun and basically what I was hoping for; an excuse to fight a bunch of comic characters.

I'm a bit confused about synergy attacks, even after reading about how they work and which ones work together. I tried putting Spider-man and Black Widow in the party since both their first skills supposedly work together to do "Scatter Shot," but when I have them use the relevant skill near the other they don't seem to do anything.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
This game is decent in the sort of way that made me wish it was better, which kinda sucks. It's probably not worth the asking price.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

This game is pretty fun and basically what I was hoping for; an excuse to fight a bunch of comic characters.

I'm a bit confused about synergy attacks, even after reading about how they work and which ones work together. I tried putting Spider-man and Black Widow in the party since both their first skills supposedly work together to do "Scatter Shot," but when I have them use the relevant skill near the other they don't seem to do anything.

For singleplayer ZR is for Synergy attacks. It'll light up if a teammate is near you and can do a synergy attack. You can also press A when a teammate uses a synergistic skill but you have like half a second to respond.

Some characters can actually do synergy attacks by themselves, like Star Lord and Crystal.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Tip for leveling up heroes up to 30 relatively quickly (early on):

On the second Infinity Board there's a level 25 Rush (I think, the one that has a 3 minute timer on the Raft) map, I think it's the third from the bottom on the left. The damage you do goes up during the fight and it's against nothing but strong enemies (the staggerable ones), so you can get 60-100 high xp kills really fast. It also gives ~6 Small XP cubes or ~1 whatever the next level cube is (cosmic, I think). Take one high (level 30 at least) level character with a decent AOE (I used Spider-Gwen, she was level 48 - from 32 - when I finished.) and it's pretty simple.

I spent an hour or two just leveling all of the lower characters to at least 20. When I was done had 8 million credits and a crapton of ISO-8s and AEP thanks to all the levels.

Edit: v YES! I wanted to play Cyclops so bad!

PureRok fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 22, 2019

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

^ me too buddy! Cyke and Colossus are my favourite X-Men!

X13Fen fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 22, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Finally, Scott comes home

If they put dazzler in the xmen pack, I wouldn't be mad at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Guessing Jean, Iceman, Juggernaut, and Beast for the X-men pack. But X-men has such a large roster it could be anyone.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My guess would be Gambit, Jean, Beast, and perhaps Cable.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
No Rogue = riot.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

PureRok posted:

No Rogue = riot.

:hmmyes:

I'm still upset no game has a better representation of Rogue than X-Men vs street fighter, and it's not really available anymore.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

X-men pack needs Emma so I can start posting Mariah gifs to the thread or w/e

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

X13Fen posted:

^ me too buddy! Cyke and Colossus are my favourite X-Men!

drat, I was hoping for Vision and Valkyrie.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So I am playing on normal difficulty and overall only wiped once but then I faced Kingpin and have not even come close to beating him. It asked if I wanted to change difficulties so I did and I still cannot beat him. My team is all level 10s, do I need to grind to beat him? What is best way to grind?

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
I want Jean Grey but this version of Jean Grey.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm up through the Ultron fight on Mighty and if there are characters stronger than Ms. Marvel and Spider-Gwen I am afraid to meet them. Those two kick unbelievable amounts of rear end. Spider-Gwen's crowd control is nuts and Ms. Marvel's ability to stagger and shred health bars is amazing.

Right now I'm running those two with Venom and Wasp (who basically synergizes with everything Spider-Gwen does) and having a great time.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Harrow posted:

I'm up through the Ultron fight on Mighty and if there are characters stronger than Ms. Marvel and Spider-Gwen I am afraid to meet them. Those two kick unbelievable amounts of rear end. Spider-Gwen's crowd control is nuts and Ms. Marvel's ability to stagger and shred health bars is amazing.

Right now I'm running those two with Venom and Wasp (who basically synergizes with everything Spider-Gwen does) and having a great time.

I love hearing everyone's teams cause everyone seems to have a different "y'all sleeping in this lynchpin character??! They are kicking so much rear end"

Recently using storm and oh man it good. Need to swap out for some better synergies though

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
My team was kind of boring, I just stuck to some of the early characters when I realized the game didn't seem designed around you jumping between characters if you want to stay appropriately leveled. ( Wolverine, Venom, Iron Man and Black Widow )

Wolverine and Venom's synergy practically carried me through the whole game.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think they intended to have you swap out to the newly unlocked characters and not use any older ones. The new ones you get are usually the same level as you are when you unlock them.

pink flag
May 16, 2009
The 13-year-old in me refuses to rotate Venom and Skull Biker out.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
My progress bottlenecked at every boss fight so far after Kingpin, but leveling up the characters a little bit and a little persistence got me through without lowering the difficulty.

Not saying it'd work for everyone. A few of the boss fights I was only a few health points away from losing before the winning final blow out of dumb luck.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
My final team is looking like it’s gonna be Wolverine, Cap, Ms. Marvel, and Storm. Storm is unbelievably powerful in this game.
It’s too bad Scarlet Witch seems to have almost zero synergy- she was on my squad until Wakanda.

For freeLC characters, I’m hoping they gradually add most of the NPCs as playable. In addition to Cyclops and Colossus, I would think:
-Nebula
-Juggernaut
-Beast
-Vision
-Ant-Man
-Valkyrie
-Thane
-Fury
-Medusa
-basically every character that helps you out along the way, as well as the popular villains who are sometimes anti-heroes.

I think the paid DLC packs will be unseen characters, as evidenced by the recently revealed Marvel Knights pack: Blade, Moon Knight, Morbius, Punisher.

So, with all that in mind, my hopes for the X-pack:
-Magik
-Archangel
-Cable
-Jubilee
-some leftfield pick like Douglock, Armor, Spiral, etc.

One more side observation: weird that War Machine is not in the game at all.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Would this game be better as a straight up musou?

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
In multiplayer, if someone's character gets knocked out, can you pick them back up? I was thinking about getting this to play with my kids but if they get knocked out in a fight and have to just sit there while I slog through, they'll get bored fast.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My honest opinion would be 'do not buy this for local co-op full stop'.

But if for some reason you must press on, yes you can pick people back up 3 times total.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

FordCQC posted:

In multiplayer, if someone's character gets knocked out, can you pick them back up? I was thinking about getting this to play with my kids but if they get knocked out in a fight and have to just sit there while I slog through, they'll get bored fast.

How old are the kids? If they’re under 8 I might put it on Easy. The game gets pretty hard in some parts and the camera is pretty bad in some parts, with local multiplayer. It says a lot about the game that everyone is still playing it despite the atrocious camera.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Overbite posted:

Would this game be better as a straight up musou?

I firmly believe it would, yes.

But then, I love musou games.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
tbh, game would be more fun as a f2p mmo, imho

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Saint Freak posted:

But if for some reason you must press on, yes you can pick people back up 3 times total.

There are also nodes to unlock on the alliance enhancement hexagon grid that increase the number of revives you get.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Rufio posted:

tbh, game would be more fun as a f2p mmo, imho

Marvel Future Fight says hi (though not exactly an MMO, it is a diablo like game)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So I am playing on normal difficulty and overall only wiped once but then I faced Kingpin and have not even come close to beating him. It asked if I wanted to change difficulties so I did and I still cannot beat him. My team is all level 10s, do I need to grind to beat him? What is best way to grind?

I was in the same situation. Level up your team to like 11 or 12 and then magically you'll be able to kick his rear end. Levels work weird in this game. Either use exp orbs or play the infinity trial for beating 100 enemies.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I was in the same situation. Level up your team to like 11 or 12 and then magically you'll be able to kick his rear end. Levels work weird in this game. Either use exp orbs or play the infinity trial for beating 100 enemies.

Perfect! Thanks

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Chill Penguin posted:

How old are the kids? If they’re under 8 I might put it on Easy. The game gets pretty hard in some parts and the camera is pretty bad in some parts, with local multiplayer. It says a lot about the game that everyone is still playing it despite the atrocious camera.

Yeah I was planning on doing that anyway, my kids aren't experienced with games a lot outside of tablet games but their friends are getting more sophisticated so I was looking for a game that would hold their interest and get them used to controllers so this looked like it fit the bill. Is Easy pretty forgiving?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Question for those that have played through the entire game: is it possible to beat the main story mode using pretty much anyone, or does the game require you to use the 'best' characters in the game?

I'm having a lot of fun playing as Star Lord, but I've played similar games where I picked a character that seemed fun but half-way through the game I'll need certain characters to progress and I'll need to replace my leveled up squad with someone with a skillset the game decided was more important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Question for those that have played through the entire game: is it possible to beat the main story mode using pretty much anyone, or does the game require you to use the 'best' characters in the game?

I'm having a lot of fun playing as Star Lord, but I've played similar games where I picked a character that seemed fun but half-way through the game I'll need certain characters to progress and I'll need to replace my leveled up squad with someone with a skillset the game decided was more important.

There is some power creep, where it seems like pretty much all the late-game characters are generally better than the early game ones, but I think you can play with any team you want and still beat the game. Also, good news, Star Lord is one of the better characters in the game and remains useful throughout because he has a whirlwind synergy. It’d be nice to see a wiki for each character at some point, because individual character stat growth matters more for higher difficulties/trials than it does for the campaign on mighty/friendly.

The game gets easier as it goes on, IMO, because a lot of the difficulties early in the game are due to not having all your abilieis to do synergies all the time and because of not having upgrades (like EP cost decrease) for the abilities.

Edit: Also, I don’t think there are really any characters that are outright bad and unuseable. Just ones that aren’t as good as others. Other characters also shine more in a multiplayer setting, too. Like Cap is a very good character, but unless you’re maining him in single player, it gets kind of annoying to have to switch to him and have him recast his team damage buff every 30 seconds.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 22, 2019