Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Endorph posted:

The only reason the accusations even remotely picked up steam is because yiik was the internet punching bag for a minute.

looks like it was good for something after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Fancy Hat! posted:

The larger question is why Nintendo goes for Bottom Of The Barrel voice actors and not hiring Union Actors.

SPOILERS: It's because they're cheap.

Bottom of the barrel, the gently caress?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fancy Hat! posted:

The larger question is why Nintendo goes for Bottom Of The Barrel voice actors and not hiring Union Actors.

tbh a lot of the standard dub VAs have voices i like more than the 'actual big western game' VAs, but

yea

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

wow I can't beleive Nintendo of America started using prison labor for voices

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Of the cast in this game I’m pretty sure at least Cassandra Lee is SAG-AFTRA

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So Blue lions: down with nobility and red eagles: burn all the crests, can anyone spoil what golden deer’s deal is?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Of the cast in this game I’m pretty sure at least Cassandra Lee is SAG-AFTRA

I think Wendee Lee is too. They're not above mixing union and non union.

Avalerion posted:

So Blue lions: down with nobility and red eagles: burn all the crests, can anyone spoil what golden deer’s deal is?

We don't know but there's a lot of hinting Claude is a manipulative bastard who puts on a friendly face.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Fancy Hat! posted:

I mean, I get that avoiding unions sucks, but I also like that much lesser heard actors get to be in such high-profile games as nintendo makes. The usual dub suspects get boring when they're everywhere.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also it's very cute how into Claude Joe Zieja is.

https://twitter.com/JoeZieja

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Amppelix posted:

I mean, I get that avoiding unions sucks, but I also like that much lesser heard actors get to be in such high-profile games as nintendo makes. The usual dub suspects get boring when they're everywhere.

Yeah, that's more than fair, my post was maybe a little more inflammatory than I needed to be and don't mean to knock actual hard working VOs. Just kinda ticked off Niosi gloms onto non-union stuff. So, yeah, I generalized too much.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Zoran posted:

Post-timeskip mechanical spoilers:

All four lords do get unique classes. Edelgard has Armored Lord (with armor movement, boo!) and Byleth gets a special infantry class with a name that might be extra spoilery. It seems fairly obvious that Dmitri will have a horse and that Claude will indeed ride a wyvern.

Is the class really called "Armored Lord"? I'd almost have expected something a little less generic-sounding (like "Empress" or something), not just for her but for each of the house leaders.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Amppelix posted:

And projects like this are how the talented non union actors build pedigree to get into the union later if they wish.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fancy Hat! posted:

Yeah, that's more than fair, my post was maybe a little more inflammatory than I needed to be and don't mean to knock actual hard working VOs. Just kinda ticked off Niosi gloms onto non-union stuff. So, yeah, I generalized too much.

Niosi is a piece of poo poo, but letting lovely people in jobs has nothing to do with union or non union. See: Every disaster in hollywood the past 5 years.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Avalerion posted:

So Blue lions: down with nobility
i'm not entirely convinced. if all we have is 'we need to stop this cycle of the strong trampling the weak' to go on: that was historically a justification that kings used to centralize their own power. with the idea being that an omnipotent state would end internal conflict and bring impartial justice to everyone. it didn't mean eliminating the nobility--the king's authority was sustained upon the same basic principle of nobility--so much as constraining their independence.

Zane fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 22, 2019

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone know when the review embargo lifts?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The day before release at 9 AM.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Whats his face doesnt voice F!Byleth :smug:

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Whats his face doesnt voice F!Byleth :smug:

Why are people putting the ! in FByleth?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

d3lness posted:

To separate the F from the rest of the name, because a lot of characters have alts.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

d3lness posted:

This notation is an old fandom convention for distinguishing between versions of a character.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

It's some sort of standard where variations of characters are denoted by this notation: Version!Character

I kinda hate it, it looks awkward and 90% of the time is equally understandable by just leaving the exclamation mark out

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
But I would get confused and pay respects instead.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

d3lness posted:

Holdover from an old way to denote something about a character popularized in fan communities.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Amppelix posted:

Yea this

Terper posted:

Also it's very cute how into Claude Joe Zieja is.

https://twitter.com/JoeZieja

Also this. I’ve liked the dude ever since he did my man Jamke justice in Heroes.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Most of the voice crew is also the one that did FEH, I believe, so it's also just keeping what they already have.

But without tinny phone audio, I guess.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cupcake studio has done other stuff like nier automata and SoV, they're a pretty active studio for big games.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i mean if niosi broke nda like people are saying then it's kind of unlikely nintendo will keep him around, so there's that at least.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

How much does Byleth talk anyway?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

How much does Byleth talk anyway?

Battles quotes and level-ups.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Zoran posted:

Post-timeskip mechanical spoilers:

All four lords do get unique classes. Edelgard has Armored Lord (with armor movement, boo!) and Byleth gets a special infantry class with a name that might be extra spoilery. It seems fairly obvious that Dmitri will have a horse and that Claude will indeed ride a wyvern.

No confirmation on what they specialize in, although the odds-on favorites would be Authority, their respective default weapon types, and their respective movement types. Since Byleth's class is infantry, it might have a third specialization in something else; I would guess Faith, Byleth's hidden talent.

I didn't bother looking up Byleth's unique class name. But somebody who has a deep connection to Sothis, who may or may not be the goddess, somebody who's crest is the Fire Emblem, somebody who wields the Sword of the Creator, and who also has a hidden talent in Faith... it would be just logical that their special class has a focus in faith magic.

e: fixed spoiler failure :doh:

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 22, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

that's a failed spoiler

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Honestly I think at this point that while I want to go Golden Deer, I am a little wary of how much Edelgard is getting built up as The Canon Experience and I worry the other two routes won't be as good a narrative.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Captain Oblivious posted:

Honestly I think at this point that while I want to go Golden Deer, I am a little wary of how much Edelgard is getting built up as The Canon Experience and I worry the other two routes won't be as good a narrative.

I'm sure it'll be fine but it definitely feels like she's going to play a major role no matter the route.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm not getting that impression at all. What gives you the idea she'll be more prominent?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm not getting that impression at all. What gives you the idea she'll be more prominent?

Did you see the trailer where she was shown in a cutscene, fighting against Byleth, wielding Seiros' sword?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, just remember most of the current leaks are coming from someone doing the Edelgard route so it may seem things are more skewed than they actually are.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Edelgard being a major character doesn't take anything away from the other two routes. It's just that she is a very prominent person due to being the heir to the empire and she will most likely feature a lot in the other two routes as well. There are also other prominent characters.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only thing I need to see is what the supposed big decision is, and yep 6 playthroughs minimum

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Do we still not know what exactly NG+ carries over? If its character levels that would kind of suck because leveling is fun, but if it's, like, your ranks in weapons and magic so you can more easily swap classes or recruit characters, then cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YourFathersBelt
Dec 31, 2012
It would be kinda neat to see your endgame units in one path carry over to be the enemy stats in other paths if you do, indeed, end up having to kill every last one of them.