Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
24 turns here, mostly with Jalter and double Merlin. Turns out you don't really need AoE when you can do half a million damage worth of crits in a turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Ezelek posted:

After looking at the challenge quest I dumped all my EXP into Archuria, sorry Marie - Most likely you're now going to end up in a line behind Saber Fran, Caster Nero, and maybe Lancer Raikou.

namaste friend, marie would prioritise u being happy with your winning

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i only got my np5 caster marie to first ascension with the anniversary here

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

ChronoReverse posted:

It ended up taking me 114 turns. Don't be me, be prepared.
ikr

After 21 turns, I whittled down the first boss boar and only then did I realize there was another 9 to go. I had a choice. Either:
a) quit and come back with something that isn't an arts/stall team
or
b) arts stall EVEN HARDER.

171 turns. At least it made for a good screenshot.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Would Jalter Merlin Tamamo be a viable option for this quest?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

off the top of my head, i think the healing from single Merlin and Tamamo is too low on top of the fact that they don't give any team defense buffs. still probably worth a try

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I did it in about 35 turns with Raikou/Merlin/Mash. Merlin & Mash at least are a strong enough combo of healing and damage reduction to outlast them, more or less.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nate RFB posted:

I did it in about 35 turns with Raikou/Merlin/Mash. Merlin & Mash at least are a strong enough combo of healing and damage reduction to outlast them, more or less.
Would you run Gorgon or Raikou given the choice?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Raikou has both a star gather and anti-demon, both of which last 3 turns and her NP does I think like 2x damage of Gorgon's at equivalent NP levels, it's really not a contest.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wanted to run Raikou instead of Squirtoria but I figured the boars would burst her down.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Mash and Merlin are more than enough to keep her protected, especially if you give either a Prisma or decent NP gain up CEs; keep in mind that it's berserker vs. berserker which means there's really no inherit disadvantage for Raikou since the boars will deal the same damage to any class (except Mash).

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Dawgstar posted:

I wanted to run Raikou instead of Squirtoria but I figured the boars would burst her down.

The boars are berserkers themselves so either servant will take the same amount of damage. In addition all the big boars' attacks are AoE

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I got Ruler Martha. I have all the Rulers now.

I have no idea how I used to clear out these events. I think I'll be able to get the stuff I want most from this one, but lol at clearing it out.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
loving hell, how is Penthesilea so under-appreciated?! She's amazing and easily my go-to ST Berserker now.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I grailed her to level 90, buy I like her so much that I'll probably grail her to 100.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

YggdrasilTM posted:

I grailed her to level 90, buy I like her so much that I'll probably grail her to 100.
I like that idea a lot.

I'm trying to save my grails to get Gorgon to 100, but I am seriously considering pumping Penny up to 90.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Penth’s design has issues but she’s the only agartha servant that isn’t trash.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Me in desert island town-building event: I will choose each improvement based on what I believe would best increase the quality-of-life on this island, avoiding plans that would be too costly for too little payoff :)

Me in post-apocalypse town-building event: man I don't give a gently caress, build whatever is cheapest

fuckin boar piglets what do you even need a loving bookstore for

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

RevolverDivider posted:

Wu is fine. She's an interesting quick support/DPS Hybrid assassin.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

RevolverDivider posted:

Rider of Resistance has the best worst faces.

loquacius posted:

fuckin boar piglets what do you even need a loving bookstore for

Why do they need a bookstore, a karaoke hall, and a wish granting machine that only grants their wishes to be lazy :colbert:

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

As someone who wasn’t around for this event last year, I'm very disappointed by its second half. Just a lack of effort all round compared to how fun the first half was. We don’t even get to see everyone leaving the island by whatever method you choose; it’s just “And so they all got home somehow I guess.”

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I hate these little piggies so much, I'm glad Scathach genocides their entire society at the end. Last year I think I didn't mind them that much, and even found them funny at times, but the rerun has kind of frayed my patience I guess. Some of these nodes are just terrible to run with the bonus Servants they have.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

The second half is lacking but Artoria going nuts over Edison was pretty great.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oh, thank the heavens, the Nine Goddesses have arrived, now we have someone to build us a fast-food restaurant

Bakeneko posted:

As someone who wasn’t around for this event last year, I'm very disappointed by its second half. Just a lack of effort all round compared to how fun the first half was. We don’t even get to see everyone leaving the island by whatever method you choose; it’s just “And so they all got home somehow I guess.”

The only thing I didn't like about summer event 1 was that the last level was "pick which waifu to build a giant statue memorial to before leaving the island"

and there wasn't a "don't" option

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Why aren't you always already building statues of mo anyways?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If you didn't always choose the Marie statue option that's hosed up.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Gologle posted:

I'm glad Scathach genocides their entire society at the end.

You mean there's more stuff that hasn't been released yet? Or did I miss something/doze off during the dialogue because it was so boring?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

loquacius posted:

oh, thank the heavens, the Nine Goddesses have arrived, now we have someone to build us a fast-food restaurant

The only thing I didn't like about summer event 1 was that the last level was "pick which waifu to build a giant statue memorial to before leaving the island"

and there wasn't a "don't" option

They needed it for the planet of the apes gag

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I should’ve been able to make a statue of Gudako. Or maybe our precious Eggplant.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
As the gang leave to go back to Chaldea, Scathach casts a spell that will slowly reverse the pig's intelligence and return them to a primitive state of existence and wipe out all traces of civilization on the island, which last year I thought was extremely horrifying and terrible, but this year I'm fine with it because seriously gently caress these pigs.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I hate FGO Marie Antoinette because I'm a real-life commie, there I said it :colbert:

Tarezax posted:

They needed it for the planet of the apes gag

I was away all weekend and am only just on the fast-food-restaurant quest now and didn't realize that's where they were going with this until reading this post lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This event did bring me the line "Joy is flowing from the muzzle of my gun" just now so it's got one thing going for it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

loquacius posted:

I hate FGO Marie Antoinette because I'm a real-life commie, there I said it :colbert:
marie antoinette was merely a symptom of an unjust system and the about of bile directed specifically at her has more to do with misogyny than wealth redistribution, imo

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
eat the poors imo amirite

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

marie antoinette was merely a symptom of an unjust system and the about of bile directed specifically at her has more to do with misogyny than wealth redistribution, imo

hot take of the day

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Bakeneko posted:

You mean there's more stuff that hasn't been released yet? Or did I miss something/doze off during the dialogue because it was so boring?

There's one more story-only segment after you get permanent Scathach, yes; they're talking about events in that. I don't remember when it unlocks, though; maybe after the last daily?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also credit to the second event for being like "oh btw the male servants all fell overboard off-screen" right at the beginning

powerful Poochy energy

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Give us the tyrant dullahan Marie Alter!

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

RanKizama posted:

loving hell, how is Penthesilea so under-appreciated?! She's amazing and easily my go-to ST Berserker now.

She's been pretty good when I've grabbed her off support, but I would appreciate her a lot more if she wasn't the only Agartha servant who refuses to come home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RanKizama posted:

Second on the grailing her to 90. Her two buff skills just stack so well together and she does a massive amount of damage in the two turns she stays alive. I only wish I could get the gems to get her skills up where she should be.