Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Which frame is best for roleplaying an idiot d&d paladin with a bow and fragor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Oberon would be my boy but he's more of a druid

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Inzombiac posted:

What the poo poo?
I maxed out range and my cages are not nearly as big.

That cage is under the influence of a corruption bonus that you can get from cracking relics, so the range and strength is doubled. Frame corruption does hilarious things on basically every frame.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Pomp posted:

Frost? He has a nice deluxe skin that makes him look like a knight. Defensive and offensive spells etc.

Tylana posted:

For endo, melt spare mods for some but also do A New Strange, then Cephalon Simaris' daily scan quests for a nice additional trickle of Endo. Maroo's weekly statue hunt can help too.

One advice i would add for new players is not to slot in stars immediately to statues or melt them too soon. You might need to slot statues for night wave stuff and you might want to hoard them so you can sell them for lots of plat down the road. Use them only when needed basically because there are other ways to grind endo.

ughhhh fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 22, 2019

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Pomp posted:

There's always the Trinity Knightess skin.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Trinity is more like a discipline priest though?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Link always kind of reminds me of a paladin-esque damage redirect, mainly. I find myself meleeing a lot as Trin.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can't holler about pelor if I'm throwing out ice

Edit: Trinity is exactly what I was looking for

Pomp fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 22, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Trinity or Gara.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
For your consideration, the highly tactical Vauban.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Vauban is just a hunter specced for traps by which I mean it is garbage.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Pomp posted:

Hildryn maybe, specifically Haven?

Oops. I see the trinity stuff above.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Can I start killing the big spider the moment I hit Rank 5 in Solaris United or is the privilege of shooting at a spider locked behind a grind wall.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Honestly, in terms of both look and function, Rhino is probably the most Paladin frame out there.

1) Big chonk frame, high armour

2) Paint obnoxious gold for bonus points

3) can cast defensive shields on himself

4) can buff allies

5) can still headbutt a chode wot needs it

6) stomp for justice! (has offensive magic too, is what I'm getting at).

Like I know he can't heal, but everything else seems to line up nicely and you can fake it with the healing aura (lol).

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Arsonide posted:

Can I start killing the big spider the moment I hit Rank 5 in Solaris United or is the privilege of shooting at a spider locked behind a grind wall.
There's 2 big spiders

You can fight the annoying one for nightwave about 20 minutes after you hit old mate, do heist 1,2,3, and then equip your archgun on your gear item
You can fight the fun one at mr3 or something if you have a thermia, or know and can convince anyone who's sitting on dozens and dozens of them.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
So I'm churning through the guns for mr fodder, and is there a trick to using Penta effectively/fun? Because it feels like a lovely rear end to shoot.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Of note, because this happened to a group yesterday, you have to have a archwing gun launcher equipped in order to even start the fight.

That can take a lot longer than 20 minutes depending on drop luck.

E: vvv It's true, airburst it above people and headshot crowds. The Penta is a lot better with the new mod that came from the previous nightwave, there's no way to get that again right now but we've been told it will be available later on. It's a little mediocre now but it can still mess up crowds with enough raw damage. Definitely falls off against armor depending on how it's modded though.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 22, 2019

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

grate deceiver posted:

So I'm churning through the guns for mr fodder, and is there a trick to using Penta effectively/fun? Because it feels like a lovely rear end to shoot.

Use it as an airburst weapon, letting the shots touch the ground is a fool's game

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

endlessmonotony posted:

:siren: Don't get stuck like this, if you're not running a Syndicate Sigil on every frame, spend the fifteen minutes on figuring the system out just to level it in the background so you don't have to grind. :siren:

This goes for all newbies. Cephalon Suda or Perrin Sequence are the safe new picks, locking you into a path but the paths end up having equivalent rewards.

Doesn't this mean I'll start getting curbstomped by two other factions for each faction I do good things for? :ohdear:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

pick the left 3 syndicates or right 3. the other side will hate you but it's never a genuine issue to deal with. you want syndicate rewards eventually. also if any syndicate leaders have quests to give your rep with them doesn't matter anyways.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

grate deceiver posted:

Get the Amalgam Furax Body Count and Firestorm mods to increase the explosion radius, and Napalm Grenades to make it explode on impact. For best results use it on a frame that's immune to instant death, like Hildryn or Revenant. If you can get the Secura Penta its syndicate proc will refill Shields.

prefect posted:

Doesn't this mean I'll start getting curbstomped by two other factions for each faction I do good things for? :ohdear:

Free loot.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

prefect posted:

yea

like the "easy" way to do things is to pick a faction and do stuff for that faction and also its friend faction, like steel meridian and red veil. but if you do that, you get the other four factions mad at you

the harder way to do things is to pick two factions like steel meridian and cephalon suda and only run SM and CS missions while wearing the SM sticker so you net a positive with four factions (those two plus red veil and arbiters)

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Dravs posted:

Vauban is just a hunter specced for traps by which I mean it is garbage.

Sounds like someone isn't being "tactical" enough.

All you need for Vauban to be viable in high level content, is a friend to heal you, a friend to buff you and a friend to do damage for you. Meanwhile you throw crowd control grenades from a corner and watch, like a pervert. Easy.

Great DEsign.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Carrying the fight is one thing, but I would not want to try to actually solo that fight without Arcane Grace.

Grace is awesome no doubt. But it's still not required, imo, for true solo or 'solo carry while others do whatever.' I know this personally, what with not having it :v:

I think it's important to remember the road to build up powerful frames like you do, but I think it's a lot more important not to overstate that difficulty when a lot of people are brand new to PTO because of this nightwave.

prefect posted:

no, it's one to one unless you make an (unfortunately easy) mistake, which is SM/Red Veil.

pick steel meridian / arbiters / suda OR perrin / loka / veil, then you have 3:3 friendly vs hostile, maximum choice for syndicate mods, and that means maximum choices to offer in trade for the other side.

i really can't emphasize enough how it may seem tempting to pick both steel meridian and red veil but this is going to backfire on you so don't!!!

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 22, 2019

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I have a Chroma Prime build without worthwhile arcanes and it’s easy to get knockdown juggled by adds so you wind up spending time on those jokers instead of the orb when solo. With pubbies I carry them because they distract the adds better. Modding in Handspring or even Sure Footed like for Eidolons is not a terrible idea for PT.

A lot of people pick the “left” 3 when the “right” has a lot of mods and weapons the folks on the left would want.(I still don’t have most of the syndicate weapons there after 4 years of syndicates), so long term it’s an advantage trade-wise. You can pick SM and Cephalon Suda but you’ll have to do double or so the amount of work to make up for the negative points against Red Veil. So the advice I’d go with is to just speed for the left 3, tank Red Veil (or SM) to minimum reputation (it caps), and then try to even out your reputation if you want to do the 4th syndicate.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Avulsion posted:

Napalm Grenades to make it explode on impact..

Now that's what I'm talking about. But is there a way to get it other than buying from someone?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Pomp posted:

Harrow. Vaguely religious, and heals.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Newbie question:

I just hit mr5 and am starting to push through Uranus (lol). Things are starting to get harder to kill (probably) because I'm trying to level things simultaneously.

What mr should I be aiming for? It's getting a lot slower now so at some point it's probably a good idea to just equip my best stuff and grind the star chart.

I'm running Excalibur right now and if his exalted blade isn't running I am pretty bad at killing groups. I haven't had non flawed versions of the energy stuff drop yet (continuity, flow) so once that happens I feel like it'll be easier to plow through the missions. My Rhino is done in a day or two so I'll probably go back and grind that frame up to mess around with.

Tldr: star chart or level stuff to get mr? Where's far enough in the chart to take a pause and work on some leveling? Probs right about now that it's slowing down I'd guess.

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Anora posted:

Harrow. Vaguely religious, and heals.

Vaguely? The guy carries a thurible, uses self flagellation to cast his abilities, and calls his signature weapon Scourge. He's basically Catholicism, the warframe.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

anyone know if doing ESO will satisfy the Nightwave req to do 8 rounds of regular SO?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pipski posted:

anyone know if doing ESO will satisfy the Nightwave req to do 8 rounds of regular SO?

Yes

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

sweet! ta

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mr Newsman posted:

Newbie question:

I just hit mr5 and am starting to push through Uranus (lol). Things are starting to get harder to kill (probably) because I'm trying to level things simultaneously.

What mr should I be aiming for? It's getting a lot slower now so at some point it's probably a good idea to just equip my best stuff and grind the star chart.

I'm running Excalibur right now and if his exalted blade isn't running I am pretty bad at killing groups. I haven't had non flawed versions of the energy stuff drop yet (continuity, flow) so once that happens I feel like it'll be easier to plow through the missions. My Rhino is done in a day or two so I'll probably go back and grind that frame up to mess around with.

Tldr: star chart or level stuff to get mr? Where's far enough in the chart to take a pause and work on some leveling? Probs right about now that it's slowing down I'd guess.

your real power doesnt really come from the levels on your stuff or your mr, its in your mods. make sure you are leveling up your damage mods or you wont be able to kill things.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mormonpartyboat posted:

yea

like the "easy" way to do things is to pick a faction and do stuff for that faction and also its friend faction, like steel meridian and red veil. but if you do that, you get the other four factions mad at you

the harder way to do things is to pick two factions like steel meridian and cephalon suda and only run SM and CS missions while wearing the SM sticker so you net a positive with four factions (those two plus red veil and arbiters)

What happens if you wear two stickers? One on the front and one on the back.

Awesome! posted:

your real power doesnt really come from the levels on your stuff or your mr, its in your mods. make sure you are leveling up your damage mods or you wont be able to kill things.

Can confirm, this is an easy thing to overlook, and it's a bummer. Rank up those mods!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

prefect posted:

What happens if you wear two stickers? One on the front and one on the back.

Can confirm, this is an easy thing to overlook, and it's a bummer. Rank up those mods!

can only have one syndicate insignia on a frame at a time

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
You can run 4 syndicates as friendly without too much heartache. Wiki has efficency charts.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Psion posted:

actually no it doesn't.

Yes it does.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can't say do left 3 or right 3 any more because the ui is different. it's meridian/hexis/suda or veil/perrin/loka.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

prefect posted:

Like the Stalker, syndicate hitsquads warp out of the mission when they kill their target, so the worst they can do is make you die once. You can die four times a mission without failing it, at the sole cost of losing some of the affinity you would have gained from that mission. You eventually hit the point where your modded gear overtakes their level scaling, and then they don't even pose that threat unless you get caught soloing with all unlevelled gear or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Avulsion posted:

Get the Amalgam Furax Body Count and Firestorm mods to increase the explosion radius, and Napalm Grenades to make it explode on impact. For best results use it on a frame that's immune to instant death, like Hildryn or Revenant. If you can get the Secura Penta its syndicate proc will refill Shields.

As the #1 Penta defender: doing this gets you a 7.9m radius explosion, vs a 5.5m one, so it's a huuuge step up. Main thing is to learn to look out for low ceilings. Penta isn't a crit weapon, but Spenta is.

Napalm rounds increases damage significantly, but it makes you waaay more likely to kill yourself, so be aware of that.

e: best frame pentananigans imho is Mirage - extra AOE and overlapping AOE.

Tulip fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 22, 2019