Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Where's the anime where dogs finally rebel because they keep dying and conquer the planet and enslave the humans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Naruto's final battle always stuck out to me because I 'd mostly lost interest and stopped reading the series like right before it started and then checked in every 4 months or so to see how it ended, and then that took about 5 years.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUMo9aiWDUQ

The only good thing to come out of the back half of Naruto.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Vinylshadow posted:

Where's the anime where dogs finally rebel because they keep dying and conquer the planet and enslave the humans

Is Rick and Morty anime? If so, it's in R&M.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Vinylshadow posted:

Hound Dog is the true final boss of MHA.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Vinylshadow posted:

That's the inevitable ending to JoJo. We cannot know how far we are for it as Araki is immortal and ever-lasting, but it will end that way.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Larryb posted:

Fair, the sequel series Boruto has been alright so far though (as far as the anime goes at least) but I agree the original did go off the rails after a while. It never turned into quite as much of a train wreck as Bleach did at least.

the manga opens up with quite the stupidity

https://readms.net/r/boruto/001/3387/1

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Dont remind me of Naruto GT

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Boruto anime is actually genuinely good, don’t bother with the manga though.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
It amazes me how the same fan base, including some of the same people, who throw a fit about the series not treating a lovely rear end in a top hat teen who used to bully a less advantaged kid like a monster is also the fanbase that is absolutely adamant that a grown rear end mass murderer is entitled to being "redeemed".

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Bakugo is a sociopath who got everything he wanted until one of his bitch boys became really good competition for him and is well on his way to becoming worse Endeavor, maybe. Mr Hands was at least broken by All for One and a horrible family situation into becoming a monster. Even though Bakugo hasn't got much of a body count yet, I still think Mr Hands is slightly more deserving of fixing.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Bakugo is a sociopath who got everything he wanted until one of his bitch boys became really good competition for him and is well on his way to becoming worse Endeavor, maybe. Mr Hands was at least broken by All for One and a horrible family situation into becoming a monster. Even though Bakugo hasn't got much of a body count yet, I still think Mr Hands is slightly more deserving of fixing.

:chloe:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Crabtree posted:

this is an insane opinion

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Crabtree posted:

Bakugo is still a child though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Crabtree posted:

and is well on his way to becoming worse Endeavor, maybe
Except for the whole thing where he, you know, responds to beating Deku by getting mad at him.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

tbp posted:

this is an insane opinion

I'd say it's considerably crazier than, say, Toga, yes.

Like, how do you deny all personal responsibility for an adult who (while he may have been dealt a bad, heh, hand) has freely rejected any course but mass murder, while saying that a teenager who's kind of an rear end in a top hat (and now trying to be less of an rear end in a top hat) when pursuing a career in disaster relief deserves all the suffering that can be imagined?

Shigaraki isn't someone who needs to be saved. He's why other people need to be saved, because once they turn out like him, there's nothing to be done but locking them up or putting them in the ground.

(Also, holy gently caress, treating All Might not redeeming All for One as a failure is just... what? His failure, repeatedly stated, was not managing to kill the guy. )

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Crabtree posted:

yikes

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

(Also, holy gently caress, treating All Might not redeeming All for One as a failure is just... what? His failure, repeatedly stated, was not managing to kill the guy. )

To be fair, "I thought he was dead after I caved his skull in" is a pretty good excuse. I figure he didn't have time to check for a pulse due to losing most of his organs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Crabtree posted:

hahahaha, gently caress you

wowzers

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Bakugo as he originally appears in this manga is a sociopath. Horikoshi pivoted away from that pretty quickly but it's the first impression everybody gets and if bullying is a Big Deal for you it's probably hard to get past.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i unironically love MHA discourse

so many people putting so much effort into being wrong

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Crabtree posted:

What in the goddamn

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

A huge part of Bakugo is that he would never be Endeavour, who gave up on beating All Might personally. Bakugo is directly inspired by All Might to be the greatest fighter alive pretty much, and he would never stop striving for that number 1 spot.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Crabtree posted:

I think Bakugou is an rear end in a top hat that gets way too much of a pass in the fandom, and I still think this is a terrible take.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Neo_Crimson posted:

I think Bakugou is an rear end in a top hat that gets way too much of a pass in the fandom, and I still think this is a terrible take.

I like Bakugou but I would very, very, very much like BHA to address the start of its series. I get it's a roadblock for a lot of people, and while resolving that glaring plot beat wouldn't make people like him, I think Bakugou's story requires a serious heart to heart about just how bad he used to be. He's a nationally known rear end in a top hat at this point, but even most of UA doesn't know just how bad Bakugou was.

Horikoshi made a mistake, sure, but I'd love to see him try to at least tackle his screw up.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Kild posted:

the manga opens up with quite the stupidity

https://readms.net/r/boruto/001/3387/1

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

On the one hand, this being a Shonen series where even as a baby you can survive at least being dropped out of a 3-story window or being hit by a truck even before you throw superpowers in for 98% of the population and everyone's durability rises to accommodate that, I can't say I'm very worried about what damage 7-year old Bakugo's explosions were doing since Deku was as smooth as a bowling ball before he started breaking his hands with OfA. No scars, no bruises, all the damage went straight to his self esteem.

That said I am open to Bakugo either getting a redemption arc or Tenko getting one by killing him. I've seen way worse characters get jostled around so now you're supposed to root for them. Like Michitaka from The Violence Action. Or Dreyfus and Hendrickson from Seven Deadly Sins. Or Luka from The Wonderful 101.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shinjobi posted:

I like Bakugou but I would very, very, very much like BHA to address the start of its series. I get it's a roadblock for a lot of people, and while resolving that glaring plot beat wouldn't make people like him, I think Bakugou's story requires a serious heart to heart about just how bad he used to be. He's a nationally known rear end in a top hat at this point, but even most of UA doesn't know just how bad Bakugou was.

Horikoshi made a mistake, sure, but I'd love to see him try to at least tackle his screw up.

This is also a pretty bad take

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Bakugo is the real hero and honestly he should have bullied deku even more beacuse when deku is finally given the power he lusts for the first thing he does is almost suicide by flexing himself too hard and then just gets worse at it until he get's the brilliant idea of "What instead of just making my fist strong and leaving my arm weak I make the whole thing strong" and then he generally just fucks up and is given powerups by outside forces or tries to give his power away.

There I've made a stupid take that's still somehow less dumb than Bakugo discourse.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

PMush Perfect posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUMo9aiWDUQ

The only good thing to come out of the back half of Naruto.

bahahaha that clip never gets old

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bakugo's ascent from Maximum Shithead started the day midoriya beat him during the first training exercise and his progress has been accelerating steadily ever since

he's not going to give readers a big cathartic scene where he breaks down his faults before U.A., because he's too emotionally constipated for it and isn't the type of character who'd want to seek forgiveness that way anyway. he also doesn't need to do that, because there are already multiple examples of him learning to temper his raw power and skill with cooperation and understanding, though he remains handicapped by a brain that is constantly going "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
like one of bakugo's clearest and most crippling faults besides his aggression is that he loving loathes ever having to explain himself, because he figures if you're not already on his wavelength then you're not worth his time. it's why the midterms with midoriya were such an utter disaster - midoriya kept trying to futilely talk bakugo into playing things defensively as bakugo got more and more pissed off every time he spoke, and it was only after he got ten years punched off his lifespan that he finally decided to quite reasonably explain that defense can't work against all might, because he hopelessly outclassed them to the point where he could just smash through any feints or attempts to retreat. his all-out offense wasn't a matter of egotism against all might or spite against midoriya, it was a genuine tactical decision that still kept failing because he refused to give a poo poo that midoriya didn't get the memo

fast forward to the 1-B exercise, where he actually takes five minutes to get everyone on his level before the fight and just lets his own relentless pace handle the rest

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 23, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Screaming child with screaming brain

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If you don't think Bakugou's character arc ends or gets close to ending with a genuine expression of non-anger emotion greater than his breakdown when he went for Round 2 with Midoriya I dunno

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bakugo's emotional landscape is always at least three parts Rage to one part Literally Anything Else and i wouldn't want him any other way

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bakugou only cares about winning, being the best, and Kirishima.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It will be around the fourth power One For All gives Izuku that Katsuki finally strokes out.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

It will be around the fourth power One For All gives Izuku that Katsuki finally strokes out.

his reaction to black whip manifesting amounted to "bring it on" so that's going to be a long ways off

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bakugou is just kinda an alright dude these days. A big part of that is character development but another part of that is Horikoshi backpedaling from how he was initially presented. The same thing is happening with Endeavour except not quite as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BardoTheConsumer posted:

This is also a pretty bad take

:shrug: